Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol...Instead of waiting for Groupee Support to respond back to my request for a new Eryi's Action Steam key given that the key they gave got the "duplicated product code" message on Steam, I found out (after checking Indie Bundle Wiki) that I had purchased the  same game on Indie Gala Oct bundle and just used the Steam key from there. Yay for repeats in bundle?  :whistle2:|

Hopefully Groupee Support still responds back with a a new Steam key but not as concerned now. (These mass bundle purchases makes one forget what I own and don't own on Steam)

Lol...Instead of waiting for Groupee Support to respond back to my request for a new Eryi's Action Steam key given that the key they gave got the "duplicated product code" message on Steam, I found out (after checking Indie Bundle Wiki) that I had purchased the same game on Indie Gala Oct bundle and just used the Steam key from there. Yay for repeats in bundle? :whistle2:|

Hopefully Groupee Support still responds back with a a new Steam key but not as concerned now.
#realCAG

Ugh! First time a Be mine didn't appeal to me, even though I only own Sangfroid.
Same situation here. I'm pretty disappointed. I'm gonna wait for the bonuses/mystery game to show up since the price won't increase between now and then.

As for the Valve sale on GameFly, The Orange Box would be a good deal.. if I didn't already have Portal and TF2 for free. I have it for 360 though. Is Half-Life Complete worth it? $8* seems kinda steep.

Wow, Dualshock 4 works great in Windows with the simple installation of one driver. I just played some Lego Marvel, had to turn on the "hide ds4" option but then it worked perfect. :applause:
I've actually made the switch to the Dualshock 4 recently, and I'm really liking it. Four DS4 controllers can all work off one bluetooth adapter which is awesome.

Same situation here. I'm pretty disappointed. I'm gonna wait for the bonuses/mystery game to show up since the price won't increase between now and then.

As for the Valve sale on GameFly, The Orange Box would be a good deal.. if I didn't already have Portal and TF2 for free. I have it for 360 though. Is Half-Life Complete worth it? $10 seems kinda steep.
Vavle usually runs a complete Valve pack during any major sale for 25 bucks.

I've actually made the switch to the Dualshock 4 recently, and I'm really liking it. Four DS4 controllers can all work off one bluetooth adapter which is awesome.
I've heard the materials are really cheap though (thumbstick rubbers wearing down, shit like that). Wouldn't surprise me, but what is your opinion on the quality of the parts?

Also, is it just me, or is the fact that L4D and L4D2 are the same sale price, even though you can pretty much play all of L4D1 in L4D2, really fucking annoying?

Vavle usually runs a complete Valve pack during any major sale for 25 bucks.
Well, I have CS: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Portal, L4D2 and TF2 (all free except for CS:S, the HL2 stuff and Day of Defeat:S which I bought at retail in a bundle a millenia ago), so I can't imagine the rest of Valve's offerings being worth $25..

(Yeah, the Half-Life complete pack would bring me up to owning 15/24 things in the Valve complete pack, all that's missing is Ricochet, Half-Life: DM Source, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, CS, CS: Condition Zero, Portal 2, L4D1, and CS: GO.) I have a hard time valuing that at $17, tbh.

Well, I have CS: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Portal, L4D2 and TF2 (all free except for CS:S, the HL2 stuff and Day of Defeat:S which I bought at retail in a bundle a millenia ago), so I can't imagine the rest of Valve's offerings being worth $25..
You're probably better off sticking with Half-Life complete then when it goes on sale.. and yes, it's worth it. I loved all of the Half-Life games/episodes.

I've heard the materials are really cheap though (thumbstick rubbers wearing down, shit like that). Wouldn't surprise me, but what is your opinion on the quality of the parts?

Also, is it just me, or is the fact that L4D and L4D2 are the same sale price, even though you can pretty much play all of L4D1 in L4D2, really fucking annoying?
The controller feels pretty good to me, I can definitely see the thumb-stick rubber wearing down fast depending on use. I've heard the same thing about X360 thumb-sticks wearing down pretty bad, but none have mine got to the point of the pictures shown online.

For anyone that wants to use a DS4 on their PC easily, you can install either (I personally use the former):

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

or

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

Takes less than a minute to set up.

You know why I don't own any of the Half-Life games....because I do not want to get sucked into waiting for Half-Life 3

To Hell with the Price!

Some GetGamesGo sales (not really) worth mentioning for the weekend:

Weekend Sale

• Borderlands 2: GOTY - $9.99 (75% off)
  • Call of Duty: Moder Warfare - $4.99 (75% off)
Bioshock Sale

• Bioshock - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Bioshock 2 - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Bishock Infinite - $9.89 (66% off)
  • Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den DLC - $2.49 (75% off)
  • Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea EP. 1 - $7.49 (50% off)
  • Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - $2.49 (50% off)
  • Bioshock Infinite: Columbia's Finest - $1.69 (66% off)
Activates on Steam.

(Note: Amazon is having a similar sale, but also has the Triple and Dual Packs, so probably better to buy there.)

Splinter Cell Sale

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®: Blacklist™ - $20.39 (66% off)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Deluxe Edition - $4.99 (75% off)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®: Blacklist™ Deluxe - $23.79 (66% off)
  • Splinter Cell - $2.49 (75% off)
Activates on uPlay, except Splinter Cell (keycode).

Warhammer 40k Sale

• WH 40K: Dawn of War 1 & 2 Franchise Collection - $34.99 (75% off) (GFWL)
  • WH 40K: Dawn Of War 2 - $4.99 (75% off)
  • WH 40K: Dawn Of War 2 Complete Collection - $24.99 (75% off) (GFWL)
  • WH 40K: Dawn Of War 2: Chaos Rising - $4.99 (75% off)
  • WH 40K: Dawn Of War 2: Retribution - $7.49 (75% off)
  • WH 40K: Dawn of War Collection - $9.49 (75% off) (GFWL)
  • WH 40K: Dawn Of War GOTY Edition - $4.99 (75% off)
  • WH 40K: Space Marine - $7.49 (75% off)
Activates on Steam, note that some use GFWL.

(Note: For WH 40k, Gamefly has a similar sale, and with the coupon code MAR20OFF for an additional 20% off, some titles are cheaper to buy there.)

2SjoumW.jpg

I wanted to laugh at this but am I the only one who felt sorry for the developer of Yet Another Zombie Defense? He gave away thousands of copies during his game release and the game only cost like $1.13 if you get a 2 pack. That reviewer probably got it for free, played for 10 minutes and is trashing the game like that.  :roll:

2SjoumW.jpg

I wanted to laugh at this but am I the only one who felt sorry for the developer of Yet Another Zombie Defense? He gave away thousands of copies during his game release and the game only cost like $1.13 if you get a 2 pack. That reviewer probably got it for free, played for 10 minutes and is trashing the game like that. :roll:
10 minutes is 200% longer than how long is usually takes to tell if indie trash is indie trash or not.

fuck I sound like Bruticis.

2SjoumW.jpg

I wanted to laugh at this but am I the only one who felt sorry for the developer of Yet Another Zombie Defense? He gave away thousands of copies during his game release and the game only cost like $1.13 if you get a 2 pack. That reviewer probably got it for free, played for 10 minutes and is trashing the game like that. :roll:
No, I don't feel sorry for these after school "developers" at all. He got his shit game on steam and will easily recoup the 14 bucks it took to make this "game".

yQv8myp.jpg

I admit that it is not a good game, plays like a poor man's version of Nation Red but the developer seems like a really nice person. I doubt he made a lot of money from his first day of release since so many people got it for free through his newsletter or will get it eventually through the free Indie Royale bundle. The least that reviewer can do is to feedback to the developer on how to improve the game instead of concluding everything in just one sentence. Seriously it's hard to earn a living making indie games, people should think twice before venturing into this industry.

yQv8myp.jpg

I admit that it is not a good game, plays like a poor man's version of Nation Red but the developer seems like a really nice person. I doubt he made a lot of money from his first day of release since so many people got it for free through his newsletter or will get it eventually through the free Indie Royale bundle. The least that reviewer can do is to feedback to the developer on how to improve the game instead of concluding everything in just one sentence. Seriously it's hard to earn a living making indie games, people should think twice before venturing into this industry.
This is the internet. You should know better than to expect constructive criticism. u stoopid lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back