Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone may have already posted this but Age of Mythology: Extended Edition will come to Steam in May!

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/age-of-mythology-extended-edition-trailer/2300-6418101/
So what does this mean for folks who played and finished base AoM and The Titans? Not watching a video at work.

Yeah, ebook buyers are a different sort of audience. This doesn't seem at all atypical for a Storybundle, and those seem to always end up with averages over $12.

As for Faerie Solitaire, I got that for free some time back, but I don't think I ever grabbed the Infinity Bundle.
Actually the Storybundle top tier is usually ~$10. I'm not sure why it's more this time around unless they really thought the way Bobby does, that Minecraft and Portal 2 would be huge draws. I'm not really all that interested in this one because the only book that looks like something I'd actually read at some point is the Atari one.

So the latter of the two then. Hoping that the name recognition draws in all the people who can't be bothered to look up the price. The worst part is, the bundle would probably sell better overall if it was in the lower-tier (even though I'm sure there'd be less $12 purchases, there'd be more $3 ones, easy). I'm sure Minecraft and Earthbound alone have the capability to draw in people for the $12-tier. And the books are actually worth more than $2.
Hm. I think all three of those things (Portal 2, Minecraft, and Earthbound) are overrated. Especially because I've never even heard of Earthbound. Reading a book about an old Nintendo-era RPG doesn't excite me in the least.

Being on PS3 doesn't mean it can't be on PS4. That's no excuse.
Yup, no excuse. If you're not going to make money, and that's what a company is suppose to do, you shouldn't support the system... The game, which is an unscaled port of a 3DS/Vita game that is a sequel to a game not on either system, just isn't going to sale well enough to justify the work... In some time both the PS4/XBone will have the install base to make those ports happen.

As much as I I could do without the console post... I do appreciate it. Saw PS4s at the local Wal-Mart on the way home from work this morning but forgot to post it till reading this. (So likes for you and Bobby.)

So what does this mean for folks who played and finished base AoM and The Titans? Not watching a video at work.

Actually the Storybundle top tier is usually ~$10. I'm not sure why it's more this time around unless they really thought the way Bobby does, that Minecraft and Portal 2 would be huge draws. I'm not really all that interested in this one because the only book that looks like something I'd actually read at some point is the Atari one.
I haven't bought any Storybundles, I just recall discussing the last one and it's top tier was set at $12 while the average was more like $14.50, meaning a good portion of their customers were voluntarily paying more than the minimum required for that tier.

I haven't bought any Storybundles, I just recall discussing the last one and it's top tier was set at $12 while the average was more like $14.50, meaning a good portion of their customers were voluntarily paying more than the minimum required for that tier.
Actually, you're right. I did a little digging on the site and it looks like starting with the last, fantasy-themed one they jacked the second-tier price up to $12. Up until that point, it was $10, which I actually ponyed up on the Doctor Who bundle. They probably won't be suckering me into second-tiering again, unless they do another Doctor Who one or a VG one with some really good stuff in it.

Okay, I found this. TL; DR: Includes all original content + Steamworks features like cardz, cheevos and workshop integration.

If this means that people will start churning out new campaigns for it, I'll have to look into getting it on the cheap. I'm not sure I'd want to replay my adventures with Arkantos from umpteen years ago, though. Too many RTS games in my backlog already.

I actually have this on my shelf at home:

JeB6gYG.png

Great soundtrack, like most of the AoE games.

I could never get Age of Mythology to work. It was quite frustrating, so I never ended up playing it.
I liked it better than AoEII because I love classical mythology and the monster units are fun to use. The campaign was really engaging too. The titans in the expansion are the equivalent of getting a nuclear missile silo in Red Alert 2. It takes forever to generate the resources needed to get one, but once you do, it's all over but the cryin'.

Steam has fixed beign able to earn cards during free weekends via family sharing?

First they fixed certain F2P games and now this :(

Okay, I found this. TL; DR: Includes all original content + Steamworks features like cardz, cheevos and workshop integration.

If this means that people will start churning out new campaigns for it, I'll have to look into getting it on the cheap. I'm not sure I'd want to replay my adventures with Arkantos from umpteen years ago, though. Too many RTS games in my backlog already.

I actually have this on my shelf at home:

JeB6gYG.png

Great soundtrack, like most of the AoE games.
Man, I remember one of my first ever game deals was getting Age of Mythology (with the Titans expansions) from Circuit City for $5 because my Scottish girlfriend at the time was super into it and wanted me to play.

Brings me back, I'll probably buy it on Steam eventually because I don't even know where the box is any more (that, and to save myself the hassle of getting it work on Win 7).

Also, it was my first RTS, and therefore I automatically agree with how you felt about it in comparison to the earlier Age of Empires games. It was just a lot more fun.

Peasant talk? Begone vile feind.

More Corporate SlaveLoyaltyBox talk? #PeasantCAG
Snake Eyes started it. ;_; I was just putting out more speculation (as usual).

Hm. I think all three of those things (Portal 2, Minecraft, and Earthbound) are overrated. Especially because I've never even heard of Earthbound. Reading a book about an old Nintendo-era RPG doesn't excite me in the least.
That's because the Earthbound book is targeting people who played it around the time it came out when they were younger, seeing as they're likely old enough now to have a spare $12 around to dump on eBooks. It's the nostalgia factor. It's a pretty good RPG (for the time), imo. It's one of the best done localizations of a Japanese title I can think of. The localizer wanted to make a book about how he made it America-friendly, asked Nintendo if they'd be cool with him doing it, and they said no. So he decided not to (not because of any threat of legal action, but because he said he owed too much to them, which is why he asked for permission to begin with).

Yup, no excuse. If you're not going to make money, and that's what a company is suppose to do, you shouldn't support the system... The game, which is an unscaled port of a 3DS/Vita game that is a sequel to a game not on either system, just isn't going to sale well enough to justify the work... In some time both the PS4/XBone will have the install base to make those ports happen.
Exactly. It sucks (for those of you who got a PS4/Xbone already), but that's why a lot of devs are sticking to 360/PS3 (see: Persona 5).
It's part of why I thought the rush to get a next-gen console was a bit silly (besides the possible hardware faults, and higher price).

How it is now? Is at least fun as the original?
As a big fan of the original, I got a lot of enjoyment out of this at launch. IIRC they added manual saving, so you don't have to reset to checkpoints if you end up dying to an arguably BS sequence. (Of which I can think of a few) The big downside is that I believe the enemies still have insane accuracy while often blending into the background, (One of Yahtzee's big complaints with the game, if you're a Zero Punctuation fan) so you'll be trying to pick out where the hell they are while they whittle your health down.

Overall though, it's been a great ride from what I've played so far. The game is fast paced, over the top, and a hell of a lot of fun (for the most part). From what I understand Interceptor has been focusing a lot on the multiplayer aspect as well, so it's a good title if you're into twitch FPS multiplayer and looking for a suitable substitute to Quake 3 in this day and age.

tl;dr:

Yeah, i'd say it's worth the $3.75. Especially if you're a fan of the original, enjoy faster paced FPSes, or want a solid multiplayer arena FPS.

Hey all!  Back in February I asked if anyone who bought the Quickfire Bundlestar Bundle have an extra Warframe promo code they haven't used/or wouldn't use.

A few of you responded and offered me a code and one of you kindly sent me a code for my gf.  I thanked the the rest and told them that I was all set.  

Fast forward to today - My gf is now asking me to impose on you all again - her little brother started playing it with her/us and she was hoping to get a code for him as well.  If any of you still have one they won't use and can help me..help her..help him.., we'd really appreciate it (and yes, I know I am pushing my luck at this point).  Thanks! 

Also, [Age of Mythology] was my first RTS, and therefore I automatically agree with how you felt about it in comparison to the earlier Age of Empires games. It was just a lot more fun.

That's because the Earthbound book is targeting people who played it at the time when they were younger, seeing as they're likely old enough now to have $12 to dump on eBooks.

Exactly. It sucks (for those of you who got a PS4/Xbone already), but that's why a lot of devs are sticking to 360/PS3 (see: Persona 5).
It's part of why I thought the rush to get the next console was a bit silly (besides the possible hardware faults, and higher price).
:newbie: My first RTS was Dune II... the granddaddy of the RTS genre. I played that one so much. RIP Westwood.

>.> You buy a console for access to the the library of games available on that console. It's why I eventually cracked and got a PS2. At this point PS3 is the strongest contender, when considering games not available on PC. PS4/XB1 exclusives are a mere handful.

:newbie: My first RTS was Dune II... the granddaddy of the RTS genre. I played that one so much. RIP Westwood.

>.> You buy a console for access to the the library of games available on that console. It's why I eventually cracked and got a PS2. At this point PS3 is the strongest contender, when considering games not available on PC. PS4/XB1 exclusives are a mere handful.
Let's have a moment of silence to honour Westwood, one of EA's many victims.. :whistle2:(

Can't say I disagree with your logic in terms of console purchasing especially in regards to the lack of PC multiplats for the PS3 (the Japanese aren't big on PC games so it makes sense certain devs wouldn't bother working hard on making a port that wouldn't sell, as porting from PS3 to PC is harder than 360 to PC because "the Cell" is terrible architecture). It's just a lot of people were motivated by hype to buy a Xbone/PS4 (because marketing) for the promise of access to a library of good games. With how cheap/easy it is to port between PS4/Xbone/PC (because x86 architecture), I'd wager that this gen will have the least console exclusives yet, as most of them will have to be moneyhatted (why would a dev limit their audience/access to easy $$$ otherwise?)

Herzog Zwei sheds a single tear. :cry:
Yeah there are a bunch of games that can be considered precursors to the RTS genre, the wikipedia page on RTS cites a good few incluing that. I've played a handful of those, but I stand firm as calling out Dune II as the seminal RTS. It put all the core elements together in a way that was copied and expanded on in later pillars of the genre, e.g. Warcraft, Command & Conquer, and Starcraft.

Also quite simply that's how it happened... at the time Dune II broke ground on a new genre that quickly took hold.

As a big fan of the original, I got a lot of enjoyment out of this at launch. IIRC they added manual saving, so you don't have to reset to checkpoints if you end up dying to an arguably BS sequence. (Of which I can think of a few) The big downside is that I believe the enemies still have insane accuracy while often blending into the background, (One of Yahtzee's big complaints with the game, if you're a Zero Punctuation fan) so you'll be trying to pick out where the hell they are while they whittle your health down.

Overall though, it's been a great ride from what I've played so far. The game is fast paced, over the top, and a hell of a lot of fun (for the most part). From what I understand Interceptor has been focusing a lot on the multiplayer aspect as well, so it's a good title if you're into twitch FPS multiplayer and looking for a suitable substitute to Quake 3 in this day and age.

tl;dr:
Yeah, i'd say it's worth the $3.75. Especially if you're a fan of the original, enjoy faster paced FPSes, or want a solid multiplayer arena FPS.
Thanks! I LOVE quake 3, always wanted a tattoo with that Q logo. I even played a lot of openArena MP until some years ago. I'll buy this one

Just going through the list, here's what I noticed that has been in bundles recently:

Always Remember Me (IndieGala Capsule Computers, was a Desura* key originally)

Arson & Plunder (Groupees BaB 8 Bonus, Desura key)

Heroes of Steel (Groupees BaB 8 Bonus, Desura key)

Level 22: Gary's Misadventure (Groupees Clash of the World Bundle 2: Southern Europe, DRM free)

Planet Stronghold (Humble Open-Source Weekly $1 tier, DRM free)

Spectrum (Flying Greenlight Bundle, which is still going on, not sure if Desura or DRM free)

I always wanted to play that one, but I never did. Which reminds me I should hunt that down along with a copy of Emperor: Battle for Dune.
Emperor is great! One of the best RTS I've ever played (may be biased because I'm a Dune fan). And yes, you should play Dune 1, is a very unique game, very different.

Just going through the list, here's what I noticed that has been in bundles recently:

Always Remember Me (IndieGala Capsule Computers, was a GOG key originally)

Level 22: Gary's Misadventure (Groupees Clash of the World Bundle 2, DRM free)

Spectrum (Flying Greenlight Bundle, which is still going on, not sure if Desura or DRM free)
Vitrum (Pure Indie)

Slip (Clash of Worlds 1)

Level 22: Gary's Misadventure (Groupees Clash of the World Bundle 2, DRM free)

I was busy typing up a complete list while you were posting that ;). I might be missing a couple though.

These were previously bundled (will try to note if it was on IGS):

Air Control (Groupees Bundle Yourself)

Always Remember Me (Groupees Winter Wolves/Indie Gala Capsule Computers)

Arson and Plunder (Groupees Build a Bundle 8)

ASA A Space Adventure (Indie Royale Debut 4)

Crow (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2)

Elliot Quest (IGS)

Final Slam 2 (Indie Royale The Mixer Bundle/free via WGN)

Gear Grinder (Indie Gala, I suspect someone got screwed over because it's been on the store for 1-2 weeks)

Heroes of Steel (Groupees Build a Bundle 8)

Jamsouls (Indie Royale Debut 5)

Level 22 Gary's Misadventures (Groupees Clash of the World 2)

Lost Marbles (Groupees Capsule Computers/IGS)

Motte Island (free via WGN)

Overcast Walden and the Werewolf (Indie Royale Halloween 2/Groupees Spotlight)

Planet Stronghold (Groupees Winter Wolves/Humble Open Source Weekly)

Roaming Fortress (Indie Gala October)

Spectrum (Flying Greenlight Bundle)

Six Sided Santuary (Groupees "Indie" Bundle/IGS)

Slip (Groupees Clash of the World 1)

Three Dead Zed (Groupees Capsule Computers)

Vitrum (Groupees Build a Bundle 4/BundleStars Pure Indie)

Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? (Indie Royale Debut 1)

I was busy typing up a complete list while you were posting that ;). I might be missing a couple though.

These were previously bundled (will try to note if it was on IGS):

Three Dead Zed
Hah. I have that on Desura. Hopefully they give keys there (not via bundles) :D

Vitrum (Pure Indie)

Slip (Clash of Worlds 1)
Shit. Looks like missing Clash 1 is biting me in the ass already.

Yes, Motte Island and Final Slam 2 are two of the four games that offered free keys if you voted for them on Greenlight. I am very surprised the other two didn't make it through. Perhaps there's hope for Greenlight after all? (Who am I kidding, they'll be greenlit next week...)

Thanks to Ashes, madjoki and Spoder for better lists.

Always Remember Me was a Desura Key, not GOG.

I always wanted to play that one, but I never did. Which reminds me I should hunt that down along with a copy of Emperor: Battle for Dune.
I loved Emperor, one of my favorite Westwood games. Fantastic, cheesy FMV scenes were great rewards and all three factions felt unique while playing (a good precursor to C&C: Generals).

I would dig out my old copy to install it, but I totally don't have a Diablo problem.

Always Remember Me was a Desura Key, not GOG.

I loved Emperor, one of my favorite Westwood games. Fantastic, cheesy FMV scenes were great rewards and all three factions felt unique while playing (a good precursor to C&C: Generals).

I would dig out my old copy to install it, but I totally don't have a Diablo problem.
You're right. I was thinking of Dracula 4. My mistake. Edited.

Spoder has updated the list with all the bundles of origin, well done Spoder. How many of those came with Desura keys though?

Air Control (Groupees Bundle Yourself)

Always Remember Me (Groupees Winter Wolves/Indie Gala Capsule Computers)

Arson and Plunder (Groupees Build a Bundle 8)

ASA A Space Adventure (Indie Royale Debut 4)

Crow (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2)

Elliot Quest (IGS)

Final Slam 2 (Indie Royale The Mixer Bundle/free via WGN)

Gear Grinder (Indie Gala, I suspect StrategyFirst screwed over the dev because it's been on the store for 1-2 weeks)

Heroes of Steel (Groupees Build a Bundle 8)

Jamsouls (Indie Royale Debut 5)

Level 22 Gary's Misadventures (Groupees Clash of the World 2)

Lost Marbles (Groupees Capsule Computers/IGS)

Motte Island (free via WGN)

Overcast Walden and the Werewolf (Indie Royale Halloween 2/Groupees Spotlight)

Planet Stronghold (Groupees Winter Wolves/Humble Open Source Weekly)

Roaming Fortress (Indie Gala October)

Spectrum (Flying Greenlight Bundle)

Six Sided Santuary (Groupees "Indie" Bundle/IGS)

Slip (Groupees Clash of the World 1)

Three Dead Zed (Groupees Capsule Computers)

Vitrum (Groupees Build a Bundle 4/BundleStars Pure Indie)

Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? (Indie Royale Debut 1)

My first was. . . Warcraft. Zug-zug.

PS3 has some pretty great exclusives but it seems like more of them are being ported over. The exclusives are what we got a PS3 for. Microsoft has been porting most of its stuff to PC since the original XBOX days.

Man, I remember one of my first ever game deals was getting Age of Mythology (with the Titans expansions) from Circuit City for $5 because my Scottish girlfriend at the time was super into it and wanted me to play.
Yep, I'm retroactively jealous. Hot Scottish chick into games.

[customspoiler=Amy?]
Nx2J2A2.png

[/customspoiler]

Seriously?! Boogerman?!

<sigh>

You're right. I was thinking of Dracula 4. My mistake. Edited.

Spoder has updated the list with all the bundles of origin, well done Spoder. How many of those came with Desura keys though?
All of them, except for GearGrinder.. I think. Someone should ask the GearGrinder dev or Head Up Games if they allowed Buka Entertainment to publish the game on Steam. Pretty sure that was a mistake (Strategy First did the same thing to Paper Monsters).

EDIT: Corrected name of the pub, not sure why I thought it was published by SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back