Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
im just gonna start doing this. since 8/10 is apparently impossible for people to get a grip on how i feel about something, maybe random crap will work better. On a scale of Corn Flake Crusade To Minotaur Sex, I give Far Cry 3 about an AJ Lee Spansky
What the fuck is with this surrealist shit? Just use fucking numbers, you pretentious internet hipster.

I think all games should be rated based on the kind of meal you would be willing to give up to purchase it.  

• Evoland?  Ramen noodles.
  • Sleeping Dogs? Domino's Pizza
  • The first Bioshock (at time of release)? Shrimp and chicken at my favorite local restaurant

The highest ranking would be the game for which you give up your last meal on death row, even knowing that you'll never be able to play it because you're on your way to the chair, but you just want to see it there in your account, maybe click that install button before they walk you from your cell.

I'm strongly thinking about contributing to a kickstarter for the first time. Should I? I know a bunch of regulars have done so. I know there are no guarantees, blah blah blah, but I would love to see this thing happen.

If anyone cares, it would be an HD remake of Outcast by some of the original team that worked on the game. Success might mean a sequel could happen. I loved Outcast way back when. One of the best games I played with an enjoyable story and a fully realized world, well before other games of it's type.

Thanks for your input.
Honestly, sounds like you already know the answer to this one... but if you must ask. Sounds like 20 bucks for the memories the game/team has already given you is worth it... Plus add in the memories you will get from playing the game with superior graphics and whatnot.

And if you truly want a sequel... You are going to have to buy in and show them.

Basically, unless 20 bucks is going to really be missed just do it.

I just had a Steam marketplace listing expire, I didn't know that was a thing. Listed October 7th 2013.

If I can't sell this crappy Gratuitous Space Battles emoticon for 1 cent after 6 months, I guess I'll give it away to the trashbot.

I just had a Steam marketplace listing expire, I didn't know that was a thing. Listed October 7th 2013.

If I can't sell this crappy Gratuitous Space Battles emoticon for 1 cent after 6 months, I guess I'll give it away to the trashbot.
Emoticons and wallpapers are practically worthless. I've kept a few around for Steam Wallet trades. List at at like whatever price you are selling a key for, have the buyer purchase it at crazy price, pocket the steam wallet, trade the item.

So I was just playin Broforce for 2 hrs non stop and I beat all the levels in it so far, theres gonna be lots more levels added in and probably steam workshop when it releases so it should be even better and it does have online play but its in alpha right now. Really fun game though with lots of explosions, I recommend it.

Hey guys RoS is undergoing maintenance for the next few hours so I guess it's back to... *shudder* ... Steam.

HA! Just kidding, I love Steam. So is Dark Souls II out yet? No? hmm...

fuck !!!!

So I was just playin Broforce for 2 hrs non stop and I beat all the levels in it so far, theres gonna be lots more levels added in and probably steam workshop when it releases so it should be even better and it does have online play but its in alpha right now. Really fun game though with lots of explosions, I recommend it.
So did Jake get back to you on a price... or did you just pay *shudders* full price?

[quote name="INMATEofARKHAM" post="11675592" timestamp="1396958057"]So did Jake get back to you on a price... or did you just pay *shudders* full price?[/quote]
Hey guys RoS is undergoing maintenance for the next few hours so I guess it's back to... *shudder* ... Steam.

HA! Just kidding, I love Steam. So is Dark Souls II out yet? No? hmm...

fuck !!!!
sete6e7y.jpg

Not sure if anyone else noticed this little ominous warning at https://twitter.com/SteamDB .The SteamDB guy is calling out/warning about a vulnerability (heartbleed issue with OpenSSL) with Steam. I don't know the specifics of the bug in regards to Steam but I've dealt with a heartbleed issue and OpenSSL once and it sucked (as in stolen/compromised data). This is most likely going to impact 3rd party sites that use the sign in via Steam feature as well as developers. Ouch.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this little ominous warning at https://twitter.com/SteamDB .The SteamDB guy is calling out/warning about a vulnerability (heartbleed issue with OpenSSL) with Steam. I don't know the specifics of the bug in regards to Steam but I've dealt with a heartbleed issue and OpenSSL once and it sucked (as in stolen/compromised data). This is most likely going to impact 3rd party sites that use the sign in via Steam feature as well as developers. Ouch.
niko@kotipalvelin:~$ python x store.steampowered.com

Connecting...
Sending Client Hello...
Waiting for Server Hello...
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 58
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 4343
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 4
Sending heartbeat request...
Unexpected EOF receiving record header - server closed connection
No heartbeat response received, server likely not vulnerable

niko@kotipalvelin:~$ python x.py steamcommunity.com
Connecting...
Sending Client Hello...
Waiting for Server Hello...
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 58
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 4335
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 525
... received message: type = 22, ver = 0302, length = 4
Sending heartbeat request...
... received message: type = 24, ver = 0302, length = 16384
Received heartbeat response:

(snipped for security)

WARNING: server returned more data than it should - server is vulnerable!
Only community server is vulnerable. (But store site might have images from it, thus vulnerable too)

Seems like I got multiple steam login cookies in data. Oops.

Only community server is vulnerable. (But store site might have images from it, thus vulnerable too)

Seems like I got multiple steam login cookies in data. Oops.
People have been testing it all morning and getting different results. Also since it's an OpenSSL bug its a far bigger problem then just Steam. http://beforeitsnews.com/business/2014/04/heart-bleed-bug-could-compromise-large-part-of-the-internet-2612796.html

EDIT: Isn't the steam community server the one used by 3rd party sites to login thru Steam (like HumbleBundle)?

Double EDIT: I see you used the command line which hasn't had the false reading issue that others have been getting using the GUI checker.

People have been testing it all morning and getting different results. Also since it's an OpenSSL bug its a far bigger problem then just Steam. http://beforeitsnews.com/business/2014/04/heart-bleed-bug-could-compromise-large-part-of-the-internet-2612796.html

EDIT: Isn't the steam community server the one used by 3rd party sites to login thru Steam (like HumbleBundle)?
I know and yes. I believe data I got included those openid links too, that I might have been able to use to login those as that user. (Didn't save at all, so can't check)

The website at filippio.io can give false positives, but if you use locally it's 100% accurate. (Not going to link it, just in case)

Double EDIT: I see you used the command line which hasn't had the false reading issue that others have been getting using the GUI checker.
My understanding is that there is the store server and then everything else server, aka community.

I think we need to come up with a new word....

let me describe the situation...

1)log into steam

2) see a game that is interesting

3) scroll down to read description/add to wishlist

4) read "you already own (said game)

I don't recall ever buying it.....

So apparently the Aerena Pax DLC that was posted yesterday wasn't supposed to be sold to the general public so it's been yanked from the store.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/558752450087996533/

loquee [developer] 6 hours ago

PAX is Penny Arcade Expo, areally nice convention and we will promote Ærena there :)

Look for us next to the IndieMegaBooth :)

We created that DLC in case we wanted to give away a champion to the visitors as a little goodie :) But since we did not manage to implement the feature due to fixing the recent situation, we'll skip that for now. The store appearance of the DLC was a stupid mistake by me, still not quite figuring out how this magical steam machinery works

There will be free DLCs th

Honestly, sounds like you already know the answer to this one... but if you must ask. Sounds like 20 bucks for the memories the game/team has already given you is worth it... Plus add in the memories you will get from playing the game with superior graphics and whatnot.

And if you truly want a sequel... You are going to have to buy in and show them.

Basically, unless 20 bucks is going to really be missed just do it.
Backed. Thank you. I pretty much felt this way, but wanted some validation.

Now when it comes out in 18 months, I can feel good about adding it to the backlog and never playing it.

Emoticons and wallpapers are practically worthless. I've kept a few around for Steam Wallet trades. List at at like whatever price you are selling a key for, have the buyer purchase it at crazy price, pocket the steam wallet, trade the item.
GabeN FunBux laundering... I'll need you to come with me, sir.

Apropo of nothing, I'm the worse 1000000 player ever. There's monkeys who can play that better than me. And not specially trained lab monkeys either; just regular monkeys who found a tablet in the jungle and started randomly swiping their banana and feces smeared monkey fingers across it.

You can still grab the pack via this link if you like.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/41646/
Upon further review of the forums, it apparently doesn't do anything unless you have some unlock code or something from PAX. I don't know. It doesn't sound like they know too well what they are doing but people who bought it said it didn't give anything and the dev confirmed that telling them to ask for a refund.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/558752450067106639/#c558752450068084860

loquee [developer] 21 hours ago

Hi, please forward the payment confirmation to aerena-support@cliffhanger-productions and we will figure something out.

To everybody else, please don´t buy that, it is actually meant for PAX visitors and doesn´t give anything to peple who own aerena already.

Gamefly is having a Codemasters sale this week, up to 75% off.

Games include:

• F1 2013 - $12.49 (75% off)
  • Grid 2 Reloaded - $19.99 (60% off)
  • Grid 2 - $9.99 (67% off)
  • Grid - $4.99 (67% off)
  • Overlord Complete - $6.59 (66% off) (Note: Cheaper at GamersGate even after coupon, $4.99 (75% off) Daily Deal, 13 hours left at time of posting)
  • Dirt 3 - $8.49 (66% off)
  • Dirt Showdown - $9.99 (67% off)
All activate on Steam.

Use coupon code APR20OFF for an additional 20% off at checkout.  Deal ends 4/11.

oh come on, why is Spelunky 66% off and not 75%. they're basically telling us, eh wait for the Spring or whenever the next big sale is.

/end1stworldrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back