Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm currently working on a game...

FREE Game - The Land of Eyas (Steam copy once greenlit)

http://wgn.uk.to/redeem/tloe/

I'd really appreciate the support :)

Thanks in advance
So are you part of the dev team for this? If so, that's cool. Voted.

However, [customspoiler=Criticism]it looks like a modified VVVVVV, in terms of premise/gameplay, but with somewhat better graphics. And the graphics definitely need some work based on the Greenlight trailer (but it could easily be alpha footage). What's really odd is I feel like the trailer itself was better done than the game looked/played (the VA you had for the voiceover does an excellent job). But time will tell how the finished product turns out, hopefully the game finds its own identity.[/customspoiler]

So according to the Greenlight page there was a Kickstarter. Did it fail? If not, how will your backers feel about knowing that almost anyone can get a free copy of the game without paying a single cent?

TBH, in particular - I don't think these DLC's were worthless at all:

KoA -> Teeth of Naros + especially Dead Kel.

Fallout: New Vegas -> all the content DLC's - especially Old World Blues.

Fallout 3 -> The Pitt; Point Lookout; and Mothership Zeta.

Oblivion -> KOTN.

DA:O -> Leilana's Song + Witch Hunt.

Dead Space 3 -> Awakening.

I'm sure there's more that I can think of - and I will EDIT those into this post.

But, that's what's fresh in my head, at this moment.

EDIT:

Here's some more:

Borderlands 1 -> Claptrap Robo Rev + Zombie Island + especially General Knoxx.

Bioshock 2 -> Minerva's Den.

Bioshock: Infinite -> Burial At Sea, Episode 1 and especially Episode 2.
if you're gonna mention any of the oblivion dlc it should probably be horse armor shivering isles

bethesda actually has a pretty decent history for some of its dlc, between oblivion/skyrim/fo3/fonv

if you're gonna mention any of the oblivion dlc it should probably be horse armor shivering isles

bethesda actually has a pretty decent history for some of its dlc, between oblivion/skyrim/fo3/fonv
I consider that more of an expansion than a DLC.

Plus, I bought that at retail, on disc.

But, yes - HIGHLY reccommend Shiv Isles.

TBH, in particular - I don't think these DLC's were worthless at all:

KoA -> Teeth of Naros + especially Dead Kel.

Fallout: New Vegas -> all the content DLC's - especially Old World Blues.

Fallout 3 -> The Pitt; Point Lookout; and Mothership Zeta.

Oblivion -> KOTN.

DA:O -> Leilana's Song + Witch Hunt.

Dead Space 3 -> Awakening.

I'm sure there's more that I can think of - and I will EDIT those into this post.

But, that's what's fresh in my head, at this moment.

EDIT:

Here's some more:

Borderlands 1 -> Claptrap Robo Rev + Zombie Island + especially General Knoxx.

Bioshock 2 -> Minerva's Den.

Bioshock: Infinite -> Burial At Sea, Episode 1 and especially Episode 2.
KoA's DLC was especially worthless. Ignoring the fact that you have to skip a whole region's worth of content in the base game to avoid hitting the level cap well before the ending; the Dead Kel DLC was maybe three hours long with the same tedious/unimaginative dungeons, loot you didn't particularly need if you finished the base game first, and a fairly pointless keep building exercise for people who like to play house. I can't imagine the other DLC was any better.

New Vegas, never played the DLC. I'm sure it's well written but I didn't even visit all of the locations in the vanilla version.

Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta was awful. The Pitt was interesting but, again, very short unless you count the padding of ingot hunting. Point Lookout was decent but, again, I wasn't really craving anymore content especially on the derpy Gamebryo engine.

Oblivion is a horrible game. Period.

Borderplands. The Knoxx DLC was the only good one. The rest was cash grab city.

Bioderps 2 and Infinite. Oh lawdy.

Is blaze blue worth it at that price?
If you're a fan of the genre, then there's some fun to be had at that price point. There's just two very specific reasons you may not want in on this:

1. It's the first game in the series. As a result, you'll be missing out on quite a few characters who have since been added in later iterations.
  2. IIRC, the online mode has flat out been removed. Local multiplayer only.
So overall unless you're a fan of single player modes (Arcade / Story modes) or have someone who would do some couch VS with you, probably not worth your time. I enjoyed it, but could see many/most folks waiting for a lower price.

* It's also worth noting that while the original PC release had GFWL, this version does not.

If you're a fan of the genre, then there's some fun to be had at that price point. There's just two very specific reasons you may not want in on this:

• It's the first game in the series. As a result, you'll be missing out on quite a few characters who have since been added in later iterations.
  • IIRC, the online mode has flat out been removed. Local multiplayer only.
So overall unless you're a fan of single player modes (Arcade / Story modes) or have someone who would do some couch VS with you, probably not worth your time. I enjoyed it, but could see many/most folks waiting for a lower price.

* It's also worth noting that while the original PC release had GFWL, this version does not.

• It's the first game in the series. As a result, you'll be missing out on quite a few characters who have since been added in later iterations.
  • IIRC, the online mode has flat out been removed. Local multiplayer only.

That sucks,was hoping to play some online. Thanks for the heads up,I appreciate it.

LnJGP5h.png

YOU ROCK DUDE ^_^

KoA's DLC was especially worthless. Ignoring the fact that you have to skip a whole region's worth of content in the base game to avoid hitting the level cap well before the ending; the Dead Kel DLC was maybe three hours long with the same tedious/unimaginative dungeons, loot you didn't particularly need if you finished the base game first, and a fairly pointless keep building exercise for people who like to play house. I can't imagine the other DLC was any better.

New Vegas, never played the DLC. I'm sure it's well written but I didn't even visit all of the locations in the vanilla version.

Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta was awful. The Pitt was interesting but, again, very short unless you count the padding of ingot hunting. Point Lookout was decent but, again, I wasn't really craving anymore content especially on the derpy Gamebryo engine.

Oblivion is a horrible game. Period.

Borderplands. The Knoxx DLC was the only good one. The rest was cash grab city.

Bioderps 2 and Infinite. Oh lawdy.
all of this is out of character and i'm shocked you hold these opinions

1. It's the first game in the series. As a result, you'll be missing out on quite a few characters who have since been added in later iterations.
  2. IIRC, the online mode has flat out been removed. Local multiplayer only.

Thank you for making me not have to repeat myself. :p Everything you said (no online, GFWL removed, etc) is correct. Not to mention Calamity Trigger is the most broken Blazblue game of them all. I'm pretty sure the CS games also have CT's story mode, so there goes another reason to own the first game.

New bundle from ShinyLoot: Patrick Scott Patterson Indie Bundle - $3.99

• Dwarf Quest (Desura) (Greenlit)
  • Ring Runner (Steam)
  • SpaceChem (Steam)
  • 3 Stars of Destiny (Steam)
  • Survivor Squad (Steam) (Desura)
  • Residue (Desura) (Greenlit)
Ends on 5/11 (~13 days).
Opinions on this? My gut instinct says that it's terrible, but I've had that gut instinct for pretty much every deal posted today.

Wait, you don't already own it?
Is it strange not to own it? I don't either.

I like the part where babbles about playing Fallout 3 and then goes on to bash Oblivion. It's the exact same game (i.e. gutter trash) except one has guns.
Fallout 3 did NOT have full-blown level-scaling (right along w/ your character), though.

Oblivion doesn't have VATS.

I like the part where babbles about playing Fallout 3 and then goes on to bash Oblivion. It's the exact same game (i.e. gutter trash) except one has guns.
lol i was going to post that but i decided to just go for the sarcasm font post instead

i like both games though i've actually spent over 350 hours on oblivion alone

Fallout 3 did NOT have full-blown level-scaling (right along w/ your character), though.

ok fine, there are three differences then...guns, vats, and scaling.

THEY'RE NOTHING ALIKE AT ALL

It's always nice when you have to qualify an argument. They both have level scaling, the end. VATS is trash, pause game, aim for head with combat shotgun, unpause, rinse and repeat.

It's always nice when you have to qualify an argument. They both have level scaling, the end.
FO3 doesn't have level-scaling to the extent that Oblivion does. It's toned-down a bit.

In FO3, you can run into an area and actually get destroyed. There are areas, you'll run into - and once you majorly go above how it scaled it, it'll stop there - and you'll always stomp away that area.

Oblivion takes it to a major extreme - everything always levels with you, all the time. The game gets more difficult, by you playing more and leveling-up more + more - i.e. it'll throw more enemies (in numbers) and more leveled-up enemies at you, basically.

So are you part of the dev team for this? If so, that's cool. Voted.

However, [customspoiler=Criticism]it looks like a modified VVVVVV, in terms of premise/gameplay, but with somewhat better graphics. And the graphics definitely need some work based on the Greenlight trailer (but it could easily be alpha footage). What's really odd is I feel like the trailer itself was better done than the game looked/played (the VA you had for the voiceover does an excellent job). But time will tell how the finished product turns out, hopefully the game finds its own identity.[/customspoiler]

So according to the Greenlight page there was a Kickstarter. Did it fail? If not, how will your backers feel about knowing that almost anyone can get a free copy of the game without paying a single cent?
Thanks for the feedback. The game is currently pre-alpha. The kickstarter didn't make it so nobody is missing out.

We will be doing a new kickstarter though for physical copies and some cool SWAG :)

So this is now on Steam store.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/295930/

*Insert Obligatory when we get keys question here*
You'll hate me for this but I have the keys already. If you were to activate them now, the game appears in your library but is unplayable until release(May 8).

I'm thinking it would be better for me to send them out on release date (doesn't take that long to send) so that people can play right away as opposed to it being activated and forgotten about.

You'll hate me for this but I have the keys already. If you were to activate them now, the game appears in your library but is unplayable until release(May 8).

I'm thinking it would be better for me to send them out on release date (doesn't take that long to send) so that people can play right away as opposed to it being activated and forgotten about.

you're right

hated

I'm thinking it would be better for me to send them out on release date (doesn't take that long to send) so that people can play right away as opposed to it being activated and forgotten about So I don't get a bunch of 'tards asking why they can't play the game they just got.

Thanks for the feedback. The game is currently pre-alpha. The kickstarter didn't make it so nobody is missing out.

We will be doing a new kickstarter though for physical copies and some cool SWAG :)
If it's pre-alpha, then the graphics are understandable. No need to thank me for feedback, the best way to show gratitude for feedback is to implement it. Thank you for taking the time to read my criticism, however unhelpful it was.

Sorry the kickstarter didn't make it, but at least you haven't given up, and you can avoid the shitstorm of offering a game for free after holding a kickstarter. Physical copies are always a good reward (I like how La Mulana did that).

Seriously though, give the VA for your trailer a cookie. He did a great job on actually getting me interested in the game despite only having pre-alpha footage to view. Does he do voiceovers in the game? That could really help with your possible identity problem I was talking about (the footage just looks like something I've already played before).

I think you made the right call. I redeemed my Battlepillars key as soon as I got it, and I forgot that the game hadn't actually released yet. :p

+1 to what Waggles said. We don't blame you for trying to avoid another headache, Carl.

I was sad when Battlepillars wasn't available right away, then happy when I checked again today. Won my first multiplayer match. Now there is nobody left to play.

Back after about a week away!

...and I forgot to request my Battlepillars key.
Here you go:

Q43WM-DWQTJ-JP50W
TK8EV-ANJ26-69DPH
F7GB0-240IB-5HTH6
9XFRE-VDXZC-M0ME7
RJJAK-M0CI5-4JRFM
X0KTF-6TW9Z-YFG99
634ML-GT48N-XF66Y
XIQVP-F0Z0L-YKJWM
2P73D-T333X-03HV2
JG6Z5-D2J8E-6EH3X
VGLKR-MH9V7-2ZF5C

Here you go:

Q43WM-DWQTJ-JP50W
TK8EV-ANJ26-69DPH
F7GB0-240IB-5HTH6
9XFRE-VDXZC-M0ME7
RJJAK-M0CI5-4JRFM
X0KTF-6TW9Z-YFG99
634ML-GT48N-XF66Y
XIQVP-F0Z0L-YKJWM
2P73D-T333X-03HV2
JG6Z5-D2J8E-6EH3X
VGLKR-MH9V7-2ZF5C

Thanks! Took 2nd from bottom. 3rd from bottom was lurked.

Here you go:

Q43WM-DWQTJ-JP50W
TK8EV-ANJ26-69DPH
F7GB0-240IB-5HTH6
9XFRE-VDXZC-M0ME7
RJJAK-M0CI5-4JRFM
X0KTF-6TW9Z-YFG99
634ML-GT48N-XF66Y
XIQVP-F0Z0L-YKJWM
2P73D-T333X-03HV2
JG6Z5-D2J8E-6EH3X
VGLKR-MH9V7-2ZF5C
Wow, DPsycho is an account owned by 11 people? I had no idea.

My account is owned by 20 people, and we missed out on LEGO Marvel, anyone wanna help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back