Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's boiled, not steamed!
Misc-I_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

WGN greenlight key updates/release dates:

Battlepillars - April 28
Final Slam 2 - Working on Steamworks integration, asked for update
FLASHOUT 2 - Greenlit today
Motte Island - April 8
Orbital Gear - June
SmashBox - Greenlit today
Sweezy Gunner - Working on Steamworks integration
Swipecart - May 8
Tales of Adventure 2 - June
MIND: Path to Thalamus (Contest) - Q3 2014
Woodle Tree Adventures - May
Zombies on a Plane - Asked for update, estimated May

Battlepillars - April 28
Motte Island - April 8
Orbital Gear - June
Swipecart - May 8
Awesome. Only one you haven't commented on is Space Corp Tycoon.

When's the next Pinball FX2 Humble Bundle #2 coming?
Not soon enough. Very tempted to buy a spare bundle of the first one off Steam trades.

And just so you know how crazy I am, I own every table for FX2 on my 360 (all bought on sale, of course), and I even own FX1 (but none of the DLC for it).

#fakeCAG alert: Pinball FX2 Star Wars: Heroes Within pack hits Steam tomorrow! :whee:
Hopefully with the release of the Episode IV table to round out the original trilogy (Episode V and VI tables are already available), this'll be the last Star Wars pinball pack for a while (this is the third one in the last year or so?). I kinda want them to do something licensed that isn't Marvel or Star Wars now.

And just so you know how crazy I am, I own every table for FX2 on my 360 (all bought on sale, of course), and I even own FX1 (but none of the DLC for it).
You'll be able to get any stragglers during the major Steam sales. Last summer had a 66%ish flash sale, and winter had a 75% sale ($0.74 for single tables, $2.49 for table packs, what a bargain!), and i'm pretty sure they were 50% off for the duration. Might see a daily deal sometime between now and the next summer sale, but they'll get cheap enough again in a few months.

re: licensed vs original pinball tables. This should be the last Star Wars themed set, completing their Trilogy. Haven't kept up on the forums to see if there is more Marvel content on the way, but I could imagine we'll see a Guardians and maybe another themed Avengers table in the future. Think I read somewhere that Zen makes quite a bit more off licensed tables thanks to fees and name recognition. Got ideas? There's a stupidly huge suggestion thread over at the community.

edit: I should add that the last two tables released on the PC were Plants vs Zombies and Super League Football, which had multiple licensed skins. But there definitely is an abundance of Star Wars and Marvel stuff.

Coincides nicely with the announcement of the return of Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, and Anthony Daniels to the new Star Wars movie.
Kenny Baker was just the guy inside R2, right? Not to knock his job in the 70s and 80s, but where's the benefit to getting the same guy (or a guy at all) to reprise the role nearly 40 years later?

Hopefully with the release of the Episode IV table to round out the original trilogy (Episode V and VI tables are already available), this'll be the last Star Wars pinball pack for a while (this is the third one in the last year or so?). I kinda want them to do something licensed that isn't Marvel or Star Wars now.
adventure time pinball would be kind of cool

Don't worry - LucasArts won't consider it canon... ;)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/460842/lucasfilm-declares-all-star-wars-games-non-canon/

I'm done buying Early Access titles. Say what you will about the 'evil' of publishers but at least they keep developers on track. I doubt Prison Architect hits beta stage for another year or so. Who knows when 'release' will be. Starbound isn't in beta despite the developers representations to the contrary. When I got it in October it was obviously in alpha state and still probably has another year until all of the content is fleshed out.
Well, that's enough for me to take it off the old wishlist for now. I know I know, Mooby doesn't like anything, blah blah blah. I couldn't play Terraria for more than ten minutes so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for this.

Well, that's enough for me to take it off the old wishlist for now. I know I know, Mooby doesn't like anything, blah blah blah. I couldn't play Terraria for more than ten minutes so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for this.
that reminds me to try terraria at some point

Just give me a Dexter's Lab table, it's all I ask.
All I want is a set of three Home Improvement tables: one in the backyard, and you can hit Wilson's fence for points; one on his show, where you can build up power and he is all, "More power!"; and one in the family room, where he taped the big game but his wife's friend tells him the score before he can watch it.

All I want is a set of three Home Improvement tables: one in the backyard, and you can hit Wilson's fence for points; one on his show, where you can build up power and he is all, "More power!"; and one in the family room, where he taped the big game but his wife's friend tells him the score before he can watch it.
tumblr_inline_mhob0fdib71qz4rgp.gif

I just want a pinball table themed around Tim Allen on coke.

Anyone getting the Image Humble Bundle? I think I will just wait this Saturday for Free Comic Book Day...I was really planning on seeing Don't Starve in the bundle seeing as it was on sale last week.
If you are considering it at all, those are some great comics. For less than the price of one trade, you can have seven really good ones. Too bad it is just volume one, and it doesn't mention anything to be added next week.
I agree with the Doc on this one. The comics/ebook bundles aren't for everybody--just read the comments in the Humble thread--but they're a good value, by and large. Tier 1 is a bargain in this one because you get four books for very little scratch. You get three more in Tier 2, although I'd hesitate at the current BTA (~$10); I bought in at less than $6 and I figure that's less than $1 each for seven e-graphic novels, at least 3-4 of which I'll probably like (Fatale, East of West, Saga, and Revival look good, Lazarus and Morning Glories may be decent, and I'm not really sold on the whole cannibalism angle in Chew). Tier 3, as pretty much always, is a rip-off. You're paying $15 (well, now $6 over BTA) for two nonsequential Walking Dead books, each of which you'll probably find on sale for much cheaper than this at some point through the Kindle store.

You're telling me Spoder doesn't do all of these on a regular basis?

• Abusive behaviour
  • Begging
  • Flyposting
  • Harassment
  • Organising illegal raves
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
Hm. I don't know what "flyposting" is but I assume it has nothing to do with streetlamps and insects.

I'm done buying Early Access titles. Say what you will about the 'evil' of publishers but at least they keep developers on track. I doubt Prison Architect hits beta stage for another year or so. Who knows when 'release' will be. Starbound isn't in beta despite the developers representations to the contrary. When I got it in October it was obviously in alpha state and still probably has another year until all of the content is fleshed out.
I read an interesting article in PC Gamer about Early Access stuff that basically said what I've been thinking about this for a while: it's an interesting premise and one that might pay off for certain devs, but it lacks any kind of real accountability on the part of the dev or Steam. Devs can dick around until the end of time promising to add features to a game that will never come or even just sell games that are fundamentally devoid of content--as long as they pass Steam's very minimal guidelines for being accepted into Early Access, it's a crapshoot as to whether anything will materialize. Steam, as always, lacks any accountability to the consumer because Valve rarely if ever gives a refund and because they're Valve they can get away with having appallingly bad customer service.

Kenny Baker was just the guy inside R2, right? Not to knock his job in the 70s and 80s, but where's the benefit to getting the same guy (or a guy at all) to reprise the role nearly 40 years later?
Honestly, I don't see any value to it at all. If he's like most of us forty years on, he's a lot less agile and limber than he was in 1978, so it probably makes a lot more sense to have a new operator. As far as the "live-action" (i.e., not hidden completely by robot or Wookie costumes) actors go, it makes VERY little sense to have those people appear in a new film unless the characters are really supposed to be old at this point and it's some kind of "we're passing the torch to a new generation" type of deal. Then again, that approach worked out rather dreadfully for Star Trek (e.g., Generations).

I read an interesting article in PC Gamer about Early Access stuff that basically said what I've been thinking about this for a while: it's an interesting premise and one that might pay off for certain devs, but it lacks any kind of real accountability on the part of the dev or Steam. Devs can dick around until the end of time promising to add features to a game that will never come or even just sell games that are fundamentally devoid of content--as long as they pass Steam's very minimal guidelines for being accepted into Early Access, it's a crapshoot as to whether anything will materialize. Steam, as always, lacks any accountability to the consumer because Valve rarely if ever gives a refund and because they're Valve they can get away with having appallingly bad customer service.
The Early Access poster child hasn't exactly done a great job of continuing development. (EDIT: Oops, my bad: it was an early Greenlight game, but predated Early Access. Still, it's a warning to anyone about the risks of buying a game before it's finished.)

Regarding Star Wars: Episode 7 is supposed to be set 30 years after the events of Episode 6. Which is incredibly convenient for all of the actors involved, since they've also aged 30 years since Return of the Jedi.

The Early Access poster child hasn't exactly done a great job of continuing development. (EDIT: Oops, my bad: it was an early Greenlight game, but predated Early Access. Still, it's a warning to anyone about the risks of buying a game before it's finished.)

Regarding Star Wars: Episode 7 is supposed to be set 30 years after the events of Episode 6. Which is incredibly convenient for all of the actors involved, since they've also aged 30 years since Return of the Jedi.
Hm. Well it probably boils down to how well it's written, then. But given that they put the guy who f*cked up the Star Trek franchise at the helm of this, I don't see that prospect boding well for the future of Star Wars.

Hm. Well it probably boils down to how well it's written, then. But given that they put the guy who f*cked up the Star Trek franchise at the helm of this, I don't see that prospect boding well for the future of Star Wars.
Don't worry, if they fuck this up they can just invent a new sith lord who can use the super force to open up a wormhole and travel back in time to reset the movies into generic action flicks. Just like Jesus Lucas intended.

Don't worry, if they fuck this up they can just invent a new sith lord who can use the super force to open up a wormhole and travel back in time to reset the movies into generic action flicks. Just like Jesus Lucas intended.
I wish Michael Bay was directing the new Star Wars movie. More explosions would make it at least 300% better.

95963-michael-bay-titanic-gif-Imgur-DVR8.gif

Hey does anyone know if you can gift the digital comics from this Image Humble Bundle? Do you need a Comic Book reader prpgram to view the files? Or do they just give a code that you redeem on a website like those digital comics that come with the Marvel Blu rays?

All the Cartoon Network pinball table brainstorming has me thinking what a wonderfully trippy experience it would be to play a Courage the Cowardly Dog table...

Battlepillars - April 28
Motte Island - April 8
Orbital Gear - June
Swipecart - May 8
crap, missed out on battlepillars because I decided to spend time with my family.

I doubt he'll do worse then George Lucas, considering what he did to the series with Episode 1-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back