Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
But like I asked SecretSquirrel, where do you draw the line for features cut out as DLC being acceptable? The way you put your argument, you could easily argue for stripping out all optional sidequests as DLC. Is that something you'd be okay with?
I draw the line when the content cut decreases the quality of the game, or is crucial to my enjoyment. From Ashes is a good example of something that should not have been DLC, as without it the opening of Mass Effect 3 makes little sense. Stuff like being able to customize your soldiers in XCOM is also something that should have been included for free.

DLC that is just extra/optional content I have no problem with, and I do not believe any of Child of Lights's DLC is anything more than that.

Now that all the moronic DLC circle jerking is done, have some scraps.

XIKM4-454F0-DICIJ

8ZIYA-9QMV5-KNW4V

FCL9G-F6CZQ-PYRGA

Also, is anyone else getting 3-4 random friend requests daily on Steam lately? I have no idea who the hell these people are so I just block em. Never had this issue until the past few weeks, no idea what prompted it.

Yes I know, publishers are evil and just trying to squeeze more money out of people, but with games getting more expensive and the price for them going down, it's ridiculous assume they could continue to be made without some form of additional revenue.
Then let them keep releasing cheat DLCs or cosmetic DLCs, or make expansions for the game? There are plenty of possible additional revenue streams if they're hurting for money on the game that bad (which they aren't, or they would have just made the MSRP $20). I'm just of the belief that cutting out quest lines/party members in an RPG for day 1 DLC is bullshit enough that it's not a day 1 buy for me anymore.

I mean, hell, I could even maybe stomach it if it was promised to pre-orders/day 1 buyers (and available separately after the fact like it is currently).

I draw the line when the content cut decreases the quality of the game, or is crucial to my enjoyment. From Ashes is a good example of something that should not have been DLC, as without it the opening of Mass Effect 3 makes little sense. Stuff like being able to customize your soldiers in XCOM is also something that should have been included for free.

DLC that is just extra/optional content I have no problem with, and I do not believe any of Child of Lights's DLC is anything more than that.
Exactly, it's a matter of personal opinion. I mean, I'm not telling any of you not to buy it or anything.

I agree with you on From Ashes, that's definitely something I would be pissed about (more so than this).

I'm okay with buying extra/optional content provided it isn't blatantly cut-from-the-game content like this, though I prefer the old-school method of expansions rather than just pieces.

Thanks for the spoiler, asshole...
Seriously, the movie didn't come out that long ago. Evangelion's been out like 2 decades at least, so spoilers for that is somewhat understandable.
Both of these movies have been in Redboxes for months. If you're too cheap to pony up ~$1 USD to see it, like I did, you probably aren't that interested in seeing it. But for what it's worth, I'm sorry if my comment ruined the movie for you.

I guess the real question is, as far as Star Trek is concerned, which director would have you preferred over Abrams and what type of story would have done the franchise justice? I have seen both movies and my opinion of them is neutral at worst. The great thing about his take on Star Trek is you can just ignore it if you want. It doesn't have any affect on the Star Trek universe as a whole.
I said what I feel I need to say about it. Everyone's got an opinion and most people disagree with me. That's okay.

Both of these movies have been in Redboxes for months. If you're too cheap to pony up ~$1 USD to see it, like I did, you probably aren't that interested in seeing it. But for what it's worth, I'm sorry if my comment ruined the movie for you.

I said what I feel I need to say about it. Everyone's got an opinion and most people disagree with me. That's okay.
I would, except all the Redboxes in my area are constantly empty with terrible selection. It really sucks. The video game selection is even worse.

The concept of removing something for any product that is expected to have it, then charging the same price for the product and then charging for the item you removed is pure, disgusting corporate greed.  Whether it be a car or a video game.  It's a free world, corporations are greedy, and this is expected, but just weird to see people on a site called CHEAP ass gamer getting annoyed by people complaining about getting nickeled and dimed.  

I'm just of the belief that cutting out quest lines/party members in an RPG for day 1 DLC is bullshit enough that it's not a day 1 buy for me anymore.
So what if they cut the character from the game, then released it a month after release? Would it make any difference to the game? DLC characters/classes are often released after a game has come out as a way of extending its shelf life, but who's to say they were not ready from the start and just delayed to be sold later?

My point is, making a distinction between day one DLC or that released after the fact doesn't mean much if the content itself is not important to the overarching experience. People talk about content being cut for day one DLC, but I imagine that's often the case for a lot of games, they just choose to release it later because they want to keep people talking about the game for longer. In this case it's something minor, which likely wouldn't even be noticed if it was released at a later date, so there's no reason to hold off releasing it.

I'm running in circles here so I'm going to shut up now, but I feel a lot of people are looking at things with a skewed perspective on "DLC ethics".

Now that all the moronic DLC circle jerking is done, have some scraps.

XIKM4-454F0-DICIJ

8ZIYA-9QMV5-KNW4V

FCL9G-F6CZQ-PYRGA

Also, is anyone else getting 3-4 random friend requests daily on Steam lately? I have no idea who the hell these people are so I just block em. Never had this issue until the past few weeks, no idea what prompted it.
Do you have anything good (or somewhat expensive) being sold on the Steam marketplace? I had a unusual Dota item that I was selling (just sold it 2 days ago :D/ ) and random people were sending me friend requests to trade my Dota item for a cheap game that had been in bundles. It seems that these traders looked at the marketplace list for an item they want and just send friend requests to random people on that list to see if they can scam their item with cheap games. One guy even got mad at me when I told him I wasn't interested in what he had because "some people just can't take NO for an answer."

So your random friend requests might be "those people."

Do you have anything good (or somewhat expensive) being sold on the Steam marketplace? I had a unusual Dota item that I was selling (just sold it 2 days ago :D/ ) and random people were sending me friend requests to trade my Dota item for a cheap game that had been in bundles. It seems that these traders looked at the marketplace list for an item they want and just send friend requests to random people on that list to see if they can scam their item with cheap games. One guy even got mad at me when I told him I wasn't interested in what he had because "some people just can't take NO for an answer."

So your random friend requests might be "those people."
That's a good thought but I don't have a single thing on the marketplace right now.

Hm. Well it probably boils down to how well it's written, then. But given that they put the guy who f*cked up the Star Trek franchise at the helm of this, I don't see that prospect boding well for the future of Star Wars.
From a parallel universe, Yoda has traveled.

When nine hundred thirty years old you are, and a different timeline from, look as good you will not.

Excitement. Adventure. Continuity. Hmmph. A Jedi craves not these things.

My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Franchise creates it, makes it grow. Its profits surround us and bind us. Luminous characters are we, not this crude screenplay. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the set, the director, the intern holding the boom mike, everywhere, yes.

Lens flare. Lens flare, you must learn lens flare!

The problem with arguing about the new Star Trek movies is that both sides are correct. If only Zack Snyder had directed them, then everyone would be able to agree that they are horrible, and anyone claiming to like them could be quietly eliminated.
Richard Donner's Superman laid the foundation for all superhero flicks. Tim Burton's Batman films are two of my all-time favorite movies. I cannot understand how Warner Brothers, who owns these two characters, has fallen so low as to give them both to a hack director like Snyder. It's like the studio just gave up after Bryan Singer's Supe-reboot, and said "screw it, let's find a director who will work cheap".

... have some scraps.

XIKM4-454F0-DICIJ

8ZIYA-9QMV5-KNW4V

FCL9G-F6CZQ-PYRGA

Please don't go. The lurkers need you. They look up to you.

Another FREE Game + Deal Roundup

APRIL 30 - CARLMUNDO

FREE Game - GEARCRACK Arena (First 5000 get a copy)
http://wgn.uk.to/redeem/gearcrack/ 
Desura keys will be sent to the first 5000, followed by Steam keys if the game gets greenlit.

Looks like the devs are starting to limit their key batches...

Luckily it's first come-first serve and not some sort of nonsense contest.

Also, the game looks like shit, so I voted no. :p

I mean, hell, I could even maybe stomach it if it was promised to pre-orders/day 1 buyers (and available separately after the fact like it is currently).
Just wanted to post that a Child of Light Deluxe Edition (~$27) does exist in certain territories which includes physical media a digital redemption key, some collectables, and the Dark Aurora Customization & Golem's Plight DLC's.

The Light Aurora Customization Pack was offered as a pre-order bonus for both the Steam and physical versions.

Just wanted to post that a Child of Light Deluxe Edition (~$27) does exist in certain territories which includes physical media, some collectables, and the Dark Aurora Customization & Golem's Plight DLC's.

The Light Aurora Customization Pack was offered as a pre-order bonus for both the Steam and physical versions.
That's kinda neat. I more care about Golem's Plight, but at least they offered something. $27 might be a little much, but I'd probably buy it for $20 if it existed here in Americaland.

Edit: Oh shit, it's crossbuy between PS3/PS4/PC, and that artbook is really nice. Okay, I'd pay up to $25. :p

As someone who occasionally works on making games as a subset of his wider gaming hobby, I look at this case of DLC this way.

Who's to say, without having played the game, that the golem party member DOES add to the game?  Isn't it possible that it was excised from the plan, along with several other elements, because its inclusion was ultimately unnecessary or a detraction from the story?  But maybe the work pertaining to the golem was far enough along that it could be completed and made an optional inclusion for relatively little additional effort, so it was completed and made available as an option.  That way, when it (possibly) stands out as being a detraction from the flow of the game, it's permissible because the player knows it's not necessarily "supposed" to be part of the plot and flow.

Now just so long as the game doesn't have an NPC come to your camp to sell you on the optional diversion with an in-game link to Bioware's store, no harm done.  Oh, did I become suddenly specific there?  I keep reading about this DLC golem party member, and my mind jumps to one game in particular.

I'm not familiar with Steam, so forgive me if this is a newbie question, but I want to buy a physical copy of a PC game that requires Steam. It's a UK version and I have a US account. How do I go about finding out if it's region-free or restricted? I checked steamdb but it doesn't seem to have that info.

I'm not familiar with Steam, so forgive me if this is a newbie question, but I want to buy a physical copy of a PC game that requires Steam. It's a UK version and I have a US account. How do I go about finding out if it's region-free or restricted? I checked steamdb but it doesn't seem to have that info.
So a slip of paper with numbers and letters on it?

What game?

Lost Planet 3.
Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one in my city with a physical copy for PC, so it's got exoticness going for it. I've already beaten it and while the shooting mechanics are sub par, it's an enjoyable game.

I checked regionlocks.com and it said I should have no problem. Anyone know how reliable that site is?

Croixleur Sigma is on Steam now, if you got it from Groupees Build a Doujin they have keys. It's a fun little game, sort of like a Devil May Cry or Dynasty Warriors. You can beat it in 15 minutes if you want to cross one off the backlog, but there's extra weapon types and another character so you might want to play more than once. Plus weeaboo card$.

Lost Planet 3. It's not available physically in the US so that's why I have to import it.
LP3 from the UK should be ok. There is a Eastern Europe restricted version, however.

Though, I'm not sure why you'd want a disc copy for a game that requires Steam. I hope it's a damned good price. To each their own.

Edit: Why do you have to import it? There are sellers on Amazon US that sell it physically.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one in my city with a physical copy for PC, so it's got exoticness going for it. I've already beaten it and while the shooting mechanics are sub par, it's an enjoyable game.

I checked regionlocks.com and it said I should have no problem. Anyone know how reliable that site is?
it sucks

I don't even know what this Children of Light thing you're all up in arms about, but your 6th grader squabble isn't making me want to google it.

Posting this from dreamer's thread from yesterday. There's some good deals here but noone saw them because it didn't have an awesome [PC] at the start of the title.

Note the APR25OFF coupon gives a further 5% off but is single use. There doesn't actually seem to be a $10 minimum, I picked up Just Cause 2 with the 25% off coupon for $3 including tax.
Only looks good to some deal starved fiend on the GatoHilterGaming thread.

Seriously, the movie didn't come out that long ago. Evangelion's been out like 2 decades at least, so spoilers for that is somewhat understandable.
This is how kids conceived while watching Evangelion turn out. Next time, don't forget to use protection.

photo-303805.png

You people are ricockulous. We live in a for profit world. Even term cash grab itself is stupid as anything you pay for is a cash grab.
Scientology is a non-profit....

Probably people who can't afford their crazy pills at the end of the month.

Has it been confirmed that the Heartbleed is no longer a threat?
Beware smaller sites. It will remain a threat on those for a long time.

Croixleur Sigma is on Steam now, if you got it from Groupees Build a Doujin they have keys. It's a fun little game, sort of like a Devil May Cry or Dynasty Warriors. You can beat it in 15 minutes if you want to cross one off the backlog, but there's extra weapon types and another character so you might want to play more than once. Plus weeaboo card$.
They're back up on the Desura client too (if you bought IR debut 2). They ran out of keys before.

LP3 from the UK should be ok. There is a Eastern Europe restricted version, however.

Though, I'm not sure why you'd want a disc copy for a game that requires Steam. I hope it's a damned good price. To each their own.
Thanks for your help. I want a physical copy because the person I'm giving it to has a shitty Internet connection and can't download the game. You can still install games that require Steam from discs, right? I'm not familiar with PC games nowadays.

Richard Donner's Superman laid the foundation for all superhero flicks. Tim Burton's Batman films are two of my all-time favorite movies. I cannot understand how Warner Brothers, who owns these two characters, has fallen so low as to give them both to a hack director like Snyder. It's like the studio just gave up after Bryan Singer's Supe-reboot, and said "screw it, let's find a director who will work cheap".
Warner Bros was looking for a director who A) Hates women, and B) Hates women. That way they can keep saying that a Wonder Woman movie would never work. They can point at all Snyder's movies and say, "Women are just props, man!"

Thanks for your help. I want a physical copy because the person I'm giving it to has a shitty Internet connection and can't download the game. You can still install games that require Steam from discs, right? I'm not familiar with PC games nowadays.
You can, but he'd still have to download any updates through Steam..

While waiting for Paranormal State, I ended up getting a copy through a Gala bundle. Here's an extra:

YWHAZ-MWATF-G83JI

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back