Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help. I want a physical copy because the person I'm giving it to has a shitty Internet connection and can't download the game. You can still install games that require Steam from discs, right? I'm not familiar with PC games nowadays.
You can, but he'd still have to download any updates through Steam..
If his connection won't allow any connection to Steam at all, he's hosed. If he can connect for the occasional "authentication check", then he can play it -- but only after it's been patched with whatever updates weren't on the disc.

If your friend is close enough to you to come over to your house, and your own Internet connection is good, here's what I would suggest:

1) Have him come over and log in to his Steam account at your house.

2) Buy him the game (or install it from the disc).

3) Let the game install, register to his account, and download whatever patches are necessary.

4) Use the "Back up games" function to save LP3 to compressed files.

5) Copy those compressed files to a thumbdrive or DVD or portable HDD -- something he can take home with him.

6) Make sure he logs out of his Steam account before leaving.

7) When he gets home, he logs into Steam, and then uses the "Restore games" function to install the game from the compressed files.

8) Tell Steam not to download any more updates for the game.

9) After starting the game once, he should be able to put Steam into offline mode and play it from there. (Steam sometimes ignores the "do not download" setting, so playing offline ensures that no additional patches will get installed.)

If his connection won't allow any connection to Steam at all, he's hosed. If he can connect for the occasional "authentication check", then he can play it -- but only after it's been patched with whatever updates weren't on the disc.

If your friend is close enough to you to come over to your house, and your own Internet connection is good, here's what I would suggest:

1) Have him come over and log in to his Steam account at your house.

2) Buy him the game (or install it from the disc).

3) Let the game install, register to his account, and download whatever patches are necessary.

4) Use the "Back up games" function to save LP3 to compressed files.

5) Copy those compressed files to a thumbdrive or DVD or portable HDD -- something he can take home with him.

6) Make sure he logs out of his Steam account before leaving.

7) When he gets home, he logs into Steam, and then uses the "Restore games" function to install the game from the compressed files.

8) Tell Steam not to download any more updates for the game.

9) After starting the game once, he should be able to put Steam into offline mode and play it from there. (Steam sometimes ignores the "do not download" setting, so playing offline ensures that no additional patches will get installed.)
I really doubt Lost Planet 3 is worth all of that effort though..

So.. the lamest cash grab I've noticed today is this.

The differences seem to be commentary, achievements, steam cloud, soundtrack, and trading cards.. all of which could've been patched into the original game.

I bet they didn't even fix any of the bugs that were in the original.. This is just pathetic.

Thanks for thinking aloud again!
tumblr_n1ef7y7HFU1s749oio3_500.gif

Croixleur Sigma is on Steam now, if you got it from Groupees Build a Doujin they have keys. It's a fun little game, sort of like a Devil May Cry or Dynasty Warriors. You can beat it in 15 minutes if you want to cross one off the backlog, but there's extra weapon types and another character so you might want to play more than once. Plus weeaboo card$.
You forgot to mention that it also gives Playfire Rewards as of today as well. :p

Available until Tuesday 6 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

We will add more rewards for BloodRayne and Croixleur when we have access to the achievements.

• BloodRayne Betrayal - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Child of Light - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Croixleur Sigma - play for the first time - £0.10

You're free to your opinion but games that suck don't usually get three installments. It's not Raven Squad. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Well, yeah. A game can have a good first and second game, and a terrible third game. But, I'm sure there are SOME bad games that got two sequels, probably a licensed game series.

I enjoyed LP1, LP2 was okay from what I remember, but LP3 was hot trash is what I think people are saying. And I'm inclined to agree.

This is how kids conceived while watching Evangelion turn out. Next time, don't forget to use protection.
photo-303805.png
*ahem*

Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン Shin Seiki Evangerion?, literally "Gospel of a New Century"), commonly referred to as NGE, Evangelion or Eva, is a Japanese science-fantasy mecha dystopia genre animation series that first aired from October 1995 to March 1996.

BobbyTastic's birthday -> Dec 1990

Gonna have to take offense to you calling me 17 - 19 years old, possibly even younger as my parents do not know Japanese.

And for reminding me that I know the day I was conceived, and how disgusting knowing that is. :wall:

I regret looking at the Steam/Origin/Desura BTS thread..

I can't unsee the $6 Prison Architect :cry:
Yup, it's tempting me too.

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (50% off at $4.99) is free if you own both Serious Sam Classic games.

The game is in Early Access but it comes with Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter.
Looks like you can't buy the Classics separately any more either. That's okay, they were overpriced to begin with.

Serious Sam sale going on, I only have XXL. Hmm, to buy a Serious Sam bundle off of SteamTrades, or to try and get a cheap price on the Sam collection?

I have the HD versions but no classics.

*looks the classics up on Steam*

Yikes! Why are the classic games so expensive?!?!?!
I know right... I mean used cars cost less... but an old ass 1957 gullwing is totally out of my reach.

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution (50% off at $4.99) is free if you own both Serious Sam Classic games.

The game is in Early Access but it comes with Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter.
Weird... well is says I already own it but it's not in my account details. (I properly qualify, owning all SS on steam.)

Pirate!

I have the HD versions but no classics.

*looks the classics up on Steam*

Yikes! Why are the classic games so expensive?!?!?!
I pressume most CAGS who own the classic games, bought it from the Serious Sam Humble Weekly or Indie Royale.

Thanks, but what is the difference between this and Serious Sam 1 and 2 HD?
Due to gamespy shutdown, you can't play the original multiplayer online anymore and they added steamworks to

Revolution.

According to the store page on future updates:

• A brand new campaign with new and exciting enemies, environments and a special ending boss!
  • The beloved Plasmagun and Minelayer from the Warped mod!
  • Even more new and refined gamemodes!
  • Even moooooore achievements, and icons for them!
  • A fully featured scripting engine for advanced mod creation!
  • More OpenGL shader integration like post processing and more!
  • More versus maps and fixes to the current ones based on user feedback!
  • For modders, we'll be adding a set of tutorial maps to showcase the new features we've added to the engine!
  • Steam Trading Cards!

Gonna have to take offense to you calling me 17 - 19 years old, possibly even younger as my parents do not know Japanese.

And for reminding me that I know the day I was conceived, and how disgusting knowing that is. :wall:
You're young, enjoy it while it lasts. I hated my 20's. Though, I was in better physical shape than I am now.

I was conceived as a birthday accident surprise for my mom. Sex...it's kind of a natural (or unnatural if you're into those sorts of things) thing, deal with it..

Neon Genesis Evangelion (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン Shin Seiki Evangerion?, literally "Gospel of a New Century"), commonly referred to as NGE, Evangelion or Eva, is a Japanese science-fantasy mecha dystopia genre animation series that first aired from October 1995 to March 1996.

And for reminding me that I know the day I was conceived, and how disgusting knowing that is. [self-loathing smiley redacted]
Oh, so you were conceived during the original run of Ranma 1/2...

A friend of mine wouldn't speak to me for a little while after I pointed out that she and her sister, who have birthdays just a few days apart, were born almost exactly 9 months after their dad's birthday.

I was conceived as a birthday accident surprise for my mom. Sex...it's kind of a natural (or unnatural if you're into those sorts of things) thing, deal with it..
Oh, I know I was planned, at least. I was a work-in-progress for a while. Of course once I happened, apparently my parents had no issues having children (I'm the oldest of 6). The gross part is that I was told out-of-the-blue one St. Patrick's Day that that's when I was conceived, and neither of my parents are Irish.

As if I needed another excuse to drink on St. Patty's Day.

When would you say is the right age to inform a child of being an accident? I need to know for.. reasons.

Oh, so you were conceived during the original run of Ranma 1/2...
That's better. :p

A friend of mine wouldn't speak to me for a little while after I pointed out that she and her sister, who have birthdays just a few days apart, were born almost exactly 9 months after their dad's birthday.
That's actually pretty funny.

Yup, it's tempting me too.

Looks like you can't buy the Classics separately any more either. That's okay, they were overpriced to begin with.

Serious Sam sale going on, I only have XXL. Hmm, to buy a Serious Sam bundle off of SteamTrades, or to try and get a cheap price on the Sam collection?
Serious Sam games often go on sale as much as 90% off or you can just wait for steam summer sale which is around the corner.

You should check out the more recent Evangelion movies, Rebuild of Evangelion which is the reboot of the original TV series. We may even see a crossover between Transformers and Evangelion soon.

B9MTFT7.jpg

Weird... well is says I already own it but it's not in my account details. (I properly qualify, owning all SS on steam.)
It doesn't register in my account details as well but check your steam library, it should be there.

Serious Sam games often go on sale as much as 90% off or you can just wait for steam summer sale which is around the corner.

You should check out the more recent Evangelion movies, Rebuild of Evangelion which is the reboot of the original TV series. We may even see a crossover between Transformers and Evangelion soon.

B9MTFT7.jpg

It doesn't register in my account details as well but check your steam library, it should be there.
Cool, IATD says the historical low is 90% off for the collection, so yeah, I'll just wait 'till then. Someone on Steam Trades is selling the Serious Sam Humble BTA for 4 keys, but that doesn't come with the DLC for 3, DLC for 2 HD, or the Classics.

By the way, does anyone know why Serious Sam 3 is $40 on PC and only $10 on consoles.. (both have Jewel of the Nile at the same price as well)? Edit: No, the console version is not on sale.

As for Rebuild, I've seen the first two. I've heard the third one is terrible. Is this true or is it just the rabid fanbase?

As for Rebuild, I've seen the first two. I've heard the third one is terrible. Is this true or is it just the rabid fanbase?
The third film has lesser actions compared to the previous two and the story is rather slow-paced but the animation is still worthy of watching.

DLC can now be disabled in the DLC properties page for a game

Finally!! :D
Very nice client update. Now I don't need to use a mod to disable the Bloodsucker DLC in SR3.

Now you can disable any cheat DLCs you may have accidentally bought, or were forced to add to your account via bundle (SR3).

So the devs behind Paranormal State finally got back to me regarding me distributing keys for them.

"Thanks, Carlton. Wish we had noticed this sooner! :)
We'll keep this in mind if we need help for any future projects. Thanks!"

....Carlton....  :cry:

So the devs behind Paranormal State finally got back to me regarding me distributing keys for them.

"Thanks, Carlton. Wish we had noticed this sooner! :)
We'll keep this in mind if we need help for any future projects. Thanks!"

....Carlton.... :(
Keep up the good work, Carltonmundo.

The third film has lesser actions compared to the previous two and the story is rather slow-paced but the animation is still worthy of watching.
Is it slow for a normal movie/show or is it slow for Evangelion? There's a big difference there. :p

Sweezy Gunner

http://store.steampowered.com/app/295730

Keys will be sent out on release date :)
Awesome. So, about the Space Corp Tycoon giveaway, when will the winners receive their Humble links? Or do we already know who won?

DLC can now be disabled in the DLC properties page for a game

Finally!! :D
Do I have to update Steam for this? I don't have an update available currently and I think the last update I did was yesterday or something. Either way, cool find. About time.

Oh, for anyone who had issues with Battlepillars earlier, they just released a patch that made it finally playable for me, so download the patch and try the game again. (If it matters, I'm on Win 7).

Time to earn those Playfire rewards. :mrgreen:

Carlton...

:(
Can I be your Will?

Is it slow for a normal movie/show or is it slow for Evangelion? There's a big difference there. :p

Awesome. So, about the Space Corp Tycoon giveaway, when will the winners receive their Humble links? Or do we already know who won?

Do I have to update Steam for this? I don't have an update available currently and I think the last update I did was yesterday or something. Either way, cool find. About time.

Opt-in to beta. If you're in just wait. Probably not every server have the patch yet.

Was thinking of the second contest (the one you have to enter your e-mail for). Thanks!

Someone left off the last 9 so today's release of Nicolas Eymerich - The Inquisitor - Book 1 : The Plague is £1.49 instead of £14.99 in the UK.

You can see it (but not buy it for that price elsewhere) here and go back to US here.

It strikes me as a "wait for bundle" sort of game for CAGs, but if you want it now and are in, or have a friend in, the UK it's cheap.
I'd go through the hoops of getting it if A) there were Playfire rewards for it because it's a new release and B) it wasn't episodic. But good find.

Someone left off the last 9 so today's release of Nicolas Eymerich - The Inquisitor - Book 1 : The Plague is £1.49 instead of £14.99 in the UK.

You can see it (but not buy it for that price elsewhere) here and go back to US here.

It strikes me as a "wait for bundle" sort of game for CAGs, but if you want it now and are in, or have a friend in, the UK it's cheap.
Any idea how many "Books" (Episodes) are planned here?

EDIT:

Any holy crap - could that title be any damn longer?

{eyes widen}

So the dev behind "Dead Bits" has approached me to basically give away a mass amount of copies of his greenlight game (like I've done with others).

I'm really not sure about this one. It doesn't look like my thing at all but on the other hand, I've turned down lots of other devs I didn't like, seen them get greenlit and thought of it as a wasted opportunity.

Here's a link to it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181004431

Let me know what you honestly think guys.

So the dev behind "Dead Bits" has approached me to basically give away a mass amount of copies of his greenlight game (like I've done with others).

I'm really not sure about this one. It doesn't look like my thing at all but on the other hand, I've turned down lots of other devs I didn't like, seen them get greenlit and thought of it as a wasted opportunity.

Here's a link to it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181004431

I say do it, because you greenlit Woodle Tree Adventures which was even crappier.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to focus on my own game on greenlight as opposed to others!

Here's a link to it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181004431

Hmmm, at first I thought it looked like crap, but watching the video is looks somewhat interesting. And here I thought you worked with any dev who approached you, wonder what games you didn't work with?

Looks like bright, techno crap. If we've learned anything by now, it's that anything you guys put up gets greenlit, so tell 'em if they promise cards, it's a deal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back