Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So the dev behind "Dead Bits" has approached me to basically give away a mass amount of copies of his greenlight game (like I've done with others).

I'm really not sure about this one. It doesn't look like my thing at all but on the other hand, I've turned down lots of other devs I didn't like, seen them get greenlit and thought of it as a wasted opportunity.

Here's a link to it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181004431

Let me know what you honestly think guys.
Honestly it doesn't look half as bad as I thought it would. I say go for it.

anyone ever bought from shirtpunch? they're having a Spring sale, $2 for a random shirt. I read a LOT of people had problems with them in the past, and even being THAT cheap, I don't want headaches...

Opt-in to beta. If you're in just wait. Probably not every server have the patch yet.
Good suggestion. Thank you.

So the dev behind "Dead Bits" has approached me to basically give away a mass amount of copies of his greenlight game (like I've done with others).

I'm really not sure about this one. It doesn't look like my thing at all but on the other hand, I've turned down lots of other devs I didn't like, seen them get greenlit and thought of it as a wasted opportunity.

Here's a link to it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181004431

Neuro wasn't kidding when he said the dev suffered from ADHD. Anyways, put me in the camp that goes with your gut instinct of "No". It looks laughably bad, but still bad (unlike Battlepillars which I am currently enjoying quite a bit).

I'd buy that for free.

Good suggestion. Thank you.

Neuro wasn't kidding when he said the dev suffered from ADHD. Anyways, put me in the camp that goes with your gut instinct of "No". It looks laughably bad, but still bad (unlike Battlepillars which I am currently enjoying quite a bit).
Ignore him, he's just trying to cockblock everyone else on getting a free game for the second time today.

P.S Battlepillars is terrible =P

Ignore him, he's just trying to cockblock everyone else on getting a free game for the second time today.

The second time? When did I stop people from getting a free game the first time? :whistle2:&

P.S. Battlepillars is way better than that acid trip game. :D/

battling-seizure-robots-o.gif

Looks like the Steam market just got updated.. the "popular items" on the main page now updates prices in realtime

The second time? When did I stop people from getting a free game the first time? :whistle2:&

P.S. Battlepillars is way better than that acid trip game. :D/
Back here!

Another FREE Game + Deal Roundup
APRIL 30 - CARLMUNDO

FREE Game - GEARCRACK Arena (First 5000 get a copy)
http://wgn.uk.to/redeem/gearcrack/
Desura keys will be sent to the first 5000, followed by Steam keys if the game gets greenlit.

Looks like the devs are starting to limit their key batches...

Luckily it's first come-first serve and not some sort of nonsense contest.

Also, the game looks like shit, so I voted no. :p
C :bouncy: ck bl :bouncy: cker.

;)

Looks like the Steam market just got updated.. the "popular items" on the main page now update prices in realtime
Maybe Steam will be usable in few years.

I mean UI is mostly horrible everwhere.

How about updating item list realtime?

Buy orders?

Fixing sorting for non $ prices ($ shown before other currencies even if they translate to same amount, probably due to sub-cent differences that get rounded)?

Quicker listing of multiple items for sell?

Back here!

C :bouncy: ck bl :bouncy: cker.

;)
Wow. I totally forgot about that game (I actually did sign up to get a free key if greenlit though because knowing WGS, it will). Just proves how unimpressed I was with it (I thought the acid trip game looked better, tbh), but you're right. At least we're all pretty much guaranteed Desura keys even if it doesn't get greenlit, right?

I'm really hating on Greenlight games today. Is this what it's like to be Warren after Boogerman got greenlit? :p

Hey guise!

I got brand new game Warlock 2 for trade (Steam Key)

W:

Watch Dogs (Steam Gift Only) +$20 Paypal
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What a generous offer. I'll take 12!

I actually had some fun playing Battlepillars. I've gotten about 5 or 6 levels in (replayed a few levels a bit to earn some extra apples), and I can say so far that it's little more than button-mashing-for-the-win, but it's sorta funny to see the little guys duke it out with each other.

I actually had some fun playing Battlepillars. I've gotten about 5 or 6 levels in (replayed a few levels a bit to earn some extra apples), and I can say so far that it's little more than button-mashing-for-the-win, but it's sorta funny to see the little guys duke it out with each other.
There's a little strategy involved (in terms of when to upgrade your collection rate (clicking the leaf) vs. when to deploy your troops/what segments to give them/how many segments to give them), but pretty much how I feel. Also upgrading stuff and getting new weapons/skins is fun. It's a decent casual game, and it really seems like something that would be great for touchscreen phones/tablets.

A friend of mine wouldn't speak to me for a little while after I pointed out that she and her sister, who have birthdays just a few days apart, were born almost exactly 9 months after their dad's birthday.
Wait. I didn't think pregnancy could occur from what dad gets on his birthday.

Oh, I know I was planned, at least. I was a work-in-progress for a while. Of course once I happened, apparently my parents had no issues having children (I'm the oldest of 6). The gross part is that I was told out-of-the-blue one St. Patrick's Day that that's when I was conceived, and neither of my parents are Irish.
I think I can top that.

I was conceived during the storm that sank the Edmund Fitzgerald.

I'm really hating on Greenlight games today. Is this what it's like to be Warren after Boogerman got greenlit? :p
Having voted for every game currently on Greenlight (I wish I was exaggerating), this isn't anywhere near some of the worst stuff on it. Go rummage through the garbage a bit more and then you can come back and complain.

Side note: reserving a game that is meant for people who voted for it but voting no anyway seems like a really crappy thing to do. Either go all in or leave it alone.

Battlepillars is terrible and you should feel bad.
For me, it doesn't fall into the "terrible" bucket. I've played worse.

It's not a game I'd recommend anyone buy, but if you happened to have picked it up in a bundle or for free it probably isn't the worst game in your library.

I'd give it a solid three Peaches Geldofs out of a Kurt Cobain.

Wait. I didn't think pregnancy could occur from what dad gets on his birthday.

I think I can top that.

I was conceived during the storm that sank the Edmund Fitzgerald.
Nice.

I was conceived in a tropical island paradise in the South Pacific... I cannot tolerate sunlight.

Having voted for every game currently on Greenlight (I wish I was exaggerating), this isn't anywhere near some of the worst stuff on it. Go rummage through the garbage a bit more and then you can come back and complain.

Side note: reserving a game that is meant for people who voted for it but voting no anyway seems like a really crappy thing to do. Either go all in or leave it alone.
Have: Vote

Want: Game

I don't get game, you don't get kneecaps vote. Capiche?

15 is the max u should go since its uplay ;p
I was thinking $20 if I'm lucky. The Uplay will sting but that's a huge savings even at $30. I would rather have deluxe edition though.

The Splinter Cell Blacklist codes were for deluxe edition now that I think about it...

Agreed. You can't whore yourself out and hold onto your principles at the same time! What are you, a senator?

edit: WHOOPS! Forgot for a sec that senators have no principles. My bad!!

There are some pretty enjoyable tables in each Star Wars Pinball FX2 pack too, so 66% isn't too bad if you're going to play them right away -- and you should!

Has anyone posted the Forbes Dark Souls 2 review for discussion yet? No? Okay, I feel like stirring the pot today:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelthomsen/2014/04/25/is-dark-souls-ii-the-worst-game-ever-made/

I imagine I can anticipate what some of you kids are going to say, and all I'll say is that despite owning two Souls games, I have yet to play one...nevertheless, I think this is one of my favorite reviews ever.
He said the same thing about dark souls 1. Clearly the games just aren't for him

Has anyone posted the Forbes Dark Souls 2 review for discussion yet? No? Okay, I feel like stirring the pot today:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelthomsen/2014/04/25/is-dark-souls-ii-the-worst-game-ever-made/

I imagine I can anticipate what some of you kids are going to say, and all I'll say is that despite owning two Souls games, I have yet to play one...nevertheless, I think this is one of my favorite reviews ever.
Really? This guy's writing style appears to be deliberately opaque and needlessly verbose, like a college sophomore trying to impress his professor with all of the multisyllabic words he's learned to utilize. He not only inelegantly expresses his loathing, disgust, and contempt for Dark Souls, but also manages to insult gamers in general and the idea that playing games is somehow a worthwhile endeavor.

Frankly I might be inclined to agree with some of his points about the game itself (for the record, I haven't played any of these games either but I've read a lot about them; I still have a key for the first game sitting quietly in my Amazon account, waiting for me to decide whether I will activate it), but this guy is such an insufferable ass about it that I kind-of hate him just from reading this one article.

Clearly he didn't play it enough to get past his deep hated. He only managed to clock in a measly 300 to 400 hours.
This is a valid point as well. There's something odd and pathological about the idea that you would play something that you absolutely despise (twice) for hundreds of hours, instead of just quitting and recognizing that it's not an experience you will ever enjoy.

Here are my favorite bits, for the TL;DR-inclined among us:

This structure of play is ideally matched with a culture of emotionally and socially isolated individuals—still primarily men—who rush toward non-intimate prompts for social exchange, creating the impression of a community without requiring any reciprocal vulnerability nor emotional obligation.

It’s hard to even identify what a videogame is
(It was at this point in the review that I thought I was reading a transcription of Will Ferrell parodying James Lipton on Inside the Actors' Studio.)–both a physical disc storing a collection of files, edited and manipulated over the course of years, assembled inside a specialized computer, and then projected on a screen. The videogame is the perfect 21st object in that its essence is nowhere to be found in any of its physical manifestations–even the spirit of a game like Dark Souls II can be ruined in a few instants by hacking its code to make one’s character invincible, reducing a struggle of weeks into a few minutes of effortless floating from beginning to end.

Despite whether I agree with him or not, his writing style is not for me. It's like he trying too hard to write things using as many of the biggest words he can find, holding an open thesaurus next to him the whole time.

I think (hope) he was going for a tongue-in-cheek piece but failed badly.
This seems unlikely. I don't think I've ever seen anyone take himself quite so seriously when expressing things that are so sublimely ridiculous--and I've seen parts of Waterworld and The Postman.

66% off Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pack - $3.39
66% off Pinball FX2 - Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack - $3.39

This better not be another franchise that will now cease to hit 75%+ off.
There are some pretty enjoyable tables in each Star Wars Pinball FX2 pack too, so 66% isn't too bad if you're going to play them right away -- and you should!
Only $1.80 difference between this and a 75% off sale, and the Balance of the Force pack is some of Zen's best work.

I guess I probably shouldn't admit that I own both Postman and Waterworld on VHS.
Saw Postman in the theaters...twice. Really enjoyed the book and thought maybe I just didn't "get it" the first time.

It's a bad fuck ing movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back