Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updating my walmart find:

If anyone is interested in these guys give me a quick pm and maybe we can launder steambux or make a trade:

Total war shogun 2 gold $5
Orange box $5
Cod black ops 2 $15
Arkham origins $5.

Posting here instead of trade thread to give the regulars a chance at anything.
Okay deal on Orange Box, good deal on Origins, and great deal on Shogun 2, holy shit. (Gold includes the game and Fall of the Samurai, and the expansion Rise of the Samurai). I love how even on clearance, Black Ops 2 is still way more expensive than the others.

Would ask you for Shogun 2, but I don't have enough Steambux. Would you take Amazon GC or am I pushing my luck here?

Oooh, that'd be nice. The first time Disney put the SW collection on sale the low price (I think it was 66% off) only lasted a few hours then they put it at 50%. I don't know if they're going to go 75%.

Does anyone have experience trading tf2 keys for games? Krugor's offer is too good, but I've never bought keys. How do you do it? Keys on the market are $2.39.
Wait, Krugs is only taking key offers? Usually he takes all sorts of payment.

Consider the pot stirred.

It's simply an example of an author engaging in literary masturbation. It is clear that he is not concerned with communicating effectively,

My first impression was that he was somehow trying to draw a metaphor between his impenetrable article and his opinion of Dark Souls 2. Good idea, but the execution is lacking.

Ok, so I think we can all agree that the writing was lacking and obfuscating. But what about this idea of subtle manipulation that is at the heart of all games with any kind of addictive quality? This I think is worth discussing at some length, because the effect varies from person to person and I feel like few games get it right. You want there to be a challenge, but you also don't want to waste your time. Then you have certain pay to play games that do very little to hide the fact that they serve no other purpose than to do whatever it takes to get you to fork over cash.

I liked this bit:

"This is less an education than a massive structure of enforced compliance, insisting on obedience to illogic by dressing it up as a fantasy diversion, and counterposing curiosity with swift and punishing traps that reset major progress, a kind of negative reinforcement that’s long been established as the least effective form of instruction possible. This fusion of the worst possible teaching method with the least worthwhile knowledge become insidious when applied to a play structure designed for endless repetition, in which the next goal is always moving farther away."

Trusty, Trusty, Trusty. After all of that back and forth Steam thinks you already own the SS games and in fact you do according to your profile page. Get with the program and memorize that library! :wall: :lol:

I would buy both Quest Collections if they were 90% off. :nottalking:
Crap, I'm sorry. I thought I only had part 3 and Double D :(

Sorry to put you through all that :(

Ok, so I think we can all agree that the writing was lacking and obfuscating. But what about this idea of subtle manipulation that is at the heart of all games with any kind of addictive quality? This I think is worth discussing at some length, because the effect varies from person to person and I feel like few games get it right. You want there to be a challenge, but you also don't want to waste your time. Then you have certain pay to play games that do very little to hide the fact that they serve no other purpose than to do whatever it takes to get you to fork over cash.
That topic has been discussed many times in WoW-related articles... even the worst ones where better than this trash.

I dont know if its been mentioned but I got an email from Behemoth saying thank you for playing the BattleBlock Theater Beta and that every Beta player gets the game for free.

I dont know if its been mentioned but I got an email from Behemoth saying thank you for playing the BattleBlock Theater Beta and that every Beta player gets the game for free.
I got the e-mail too !

I know a lot of beta testers were asking for a free copy as a reward for beta testing..

But I didn't think it would be possible because how is that fair ? beta testers were picked randomly.

Now with this news, some people realllllly did luck out.

And here I was, gonna wait until the game was in a bundle or on sale for really cheap before actually buying it.

I got the e-mail too !

I know a lot of beta testers were asking for a free copy as a reward for beta testing..

But I didn't think it would be possible because how is that fair ? beta testers were picked randomly.

And here I was, gonna wait until the game was in a bundle or on sale for really cheap before actually buying it.
Back when, companies used to pay/compensate you for testing their game... either with straight cash or at a minimum you got the game at release.

Steam Early Access has turned this on it's head.... where now you pay to beta/alpha test.

Random is fair.

I got the e-mail too !

I was actually going to buy it at launch just because its one of my favorite XBLA games but this is even better.

Back when, companies used to pay/compensate you for testing their game... either with straight cash or at a minimum you got the game at release.

Steam Early Access has turned this on it's head.... where now you pay to beta/alpha test.

Random is fair.
Well it's not completely random.

In the last few days of the original 7 days of beta testing, players were allowed to invite another person to join.

I don't know how many surveys had that option, but I was able to invite two times.

Well it's not completely random.

In the last few days of the original 7 days of beta testing, players were allowed to invite another person to join.

I don't know how many surveys had that option, but I was able to invite two times.
Just gotta keep rubbing salt in the wound, huh? ;_;

Looks like the No One Lives Forever franchise will probably be coming to GOG and Steam in the future. It's not official or anything, but a pretty sure guess considering Night Dive Studios has the rights now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/01/one-lives-forever-trademark-filed-night-dive-studios/
Awesome! :D

Sounds good but I still have my physical copies.
Ditto.

Glad to see NOLF get re-released and return to the PC.

EDIT:

Ok mysterd
Everybody wants to me me. :D

I don't normally care for betas, but Battleblock was one of the few I actually participated in (and finished the campaign). It's a pretty awesome game that I would've bought anyway whenever it reached 75% off, so I'm glad ashes invited me to the beta.. and great news that Behemoth are giving us the game for free.

I don't normally care for betas, but Battleblock was one of the few I actually participated in (and finished the campaign). It's a pretty awesome game that I would've spodered anyway whenever it reached 75% off, so I'm glad ashes invited me to the beta.. and great news that Behemoth are giving us the game for free.
fify

I love how even on clearance, Black Ops 2 is still way more expensive than the others.
bobby-kotick-activision-money-pile.jpg

I got the e-mail too !

I really like that game, solo play is fun and can be quite challenging, the co-op campaigns had laughing moments. I was going to get it after release anyway, now that the developers decide to give it for free to beta testers just come as a wonderful news.

The game will be release on May 15th at $14.99 and the following features are added to the steam version:

• Fat cats
  • Steam trading
  • Steam trading cards
  • Steam Workshop
  • Quick weapon swapping

I really like that game, solo play is fun and can be quite challenging, the co-op campaigns had laughing moments. I was going to get it after release anyway, now that the developers decide to give it for free to beta testers just come as a wonderful news.

The game will be release on May 15th at $14.99 and the following features are added to the steam version:

• Fat cats
  • Steam trading
  • Steam trading cards
  • Steam Workshop
  • Quick weapon swapping
That's good to hear. I finished the co-op campaign but haven't dabbled in SP. Quick weapons swapping? they had that in the beta.

That's good to hear. I finished the co-op campaign but haven't dabbled in SP. Quick weapons swapping? they had that in the beta.
I think those features are not in the console's version, I really like that they added steam workshop support and all these heads...gotta catch release em all. :D

Bbt_prisonerpopulationchart.jpg

Updating my walmart find:

If anyone is interested in these guys give me a quick pm and maybe we can launder steambux or make a trade:

Total war shogun 2 gold $5
Orange box $5
Cod black ops 2 $15
Arkham origins $5.

Posting here instead of trade thread to give the regulars a chance at anything.
Is this one of those YMMV deals at WalMart's?

No love for Shadowrun Returns? At $5 it's cheap enough for me to backlog.
66% off does NOT meet my "75% off lowest MSRP price for backlogging" rule.

EDIT:

Also, Humble Bundle Store sells Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall DLC, offering buyers BOTH DRM-FREE versions + Steam-key for Steam-versions for those products.

I might wait for either or both of those to hit 75% off there.

GameFly is celebrating Star Wars Day (May 4th) with a Star Wars games sale this weekend, up to 67% off.

Games include:

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $3.29
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - $3.29
  • Star Wars Battlefront II - $3.29
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleased II - $6.59
  • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - $6.59
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleased Ultimate Sith Edition - $6.59
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces - $1.59
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - $3.29
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $6.59
Note there is no mention of DRM on the product pages, so probably DRM Free and not Steam. See GF rep's post at reddit.

Use MAY20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off.

GameFly is celebrating Star Wars Day (May 4th) with a Star Wars games sale this weekend, up to 67% off.

Games include:

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $3.29
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - $3.29
  • Star Wars Battlefront II - $3.29
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleased II - $6.59 (GFWL?)
  • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - $6.59 (GFWL)
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleased Ultimate Sith Edition - $6.59
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces - $1.59
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - $3.29
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $6.59 (GFWL)
Note there is no mention of DRM on the product pages. The LEGO games are mentioned to be GFWL versions on reddit.

Use MAY20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off.
Bleh @ DRM not being listed.

Bleh @ on Gamefly, 66% off + then another @ 20% off Jedi Academy and/or Jedi Outcast is still LESS than 75% off each's $9.99 pricetag on Steam. :(

And bleh @ Steam for only 66% off on SW stuff.

Bleh @ DRM not being listed.

Bleh @ on Gamefly, 66% off + then another @ 20% off Jedi Academy and/or Jedi Outcast is still LESS than 75% off each's $9.99 pricetag on Steam. :(

And bleh @ Steam for only 66% off on SW stuff.
Bleh.

tumblr_m83mmxbo5w1qh01r8o1_400.gif

Looks like the No One Lives Forever franchise will probably be coming to GOG and Steam in the future. It's not official or anything, but a pretty sure guess considering Night Dive Studios has the rights now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/01/one-lives-forever-trademark-filed-night-dive-studios/
I wonder whether they've actually acquired the rights, or whether they're just filing for trademarks in order to smoke the IP holder out of hiding. It could be that they're just using this filing to discover who they need to negotiate with in order to bring the games out of limbo.

Either way -- hooray, progress! I missed these games when they were first released, and would be happy to add them to my digital collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back