Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Watch_Dogs. As Uplay codes go out, we're seeing prices of $30 (or less) on the market. ....So...

Stupid question: How long is the wait after a Ubisoft game's release before competitive prices show up on Steam?

I think I could wait a month to play it on Steam, but only if the proverbial "Steam surcharge" wasn't ridiculous. 'Cause if that's the case, I may as well buy a Uplay code now and play it day one.

Thanks in advance.
It's not so much a ridiculous surcharge on Steam but ridiculous discounts from other sources. The $30 ones are usually from Nvidia giveaways or capitalizing on foreign currency differences and stuff. The MSRP is still the same between Steam version and Uplay version. Just sayin.

I'm not sure where I'm going to buy it from yet, it's a real pickle cause I want the Steam version but I don't want to pay double what I can get the other one for.

I want Watch_Dogs. As Uplay codes go out, we're seeing prices of $30 (or less) on the market. ....So...

Stupid question: How long is the wait after a Ubisoft game's release before competitive prices show up on Steam?

I think I could wait a month to play it on Steam, but only if the proverbial "Steam surcharge" wasn't ridiculous. 'Cause if that's the case, I may as well buy a Uplay code now and play it day one.

Thanks in advance.
After the piss-poor technical-side of SC: BlackList PC's port, I don't know if I should trust UbiSoft right about now...

It's not so much a ridiculous surcharge on Steam but ridiculous discounts from other sources. The $30 ones are usually from Nvidia giveaways or capitalizing on foreign currency differences and stuff. The MSRP is still the same between Steam version and Uplay version. Just sayin.

I'm not sure where I'm going to buy it from yet, it's a real pickle cause I want the Steam version but I don't want to pay double what I can get the other one for.
Flip flopper

I guess the recent $5 Red Dead Redemption sale on PSN probably confirms no PC/PS4 port, I was still holding out a 1% hope it could come to PC one day but this was the final nail in the coffin I'd imagine.

My reasoning being if there was a PC port in the works they'd probably want it on PS4 as well, and they wouldn't discount PS3 to $5 and ensure more people already own the game for cheap.
That is exactly what they would be before releasing it for PS4 and PC, in order to get as many people as possible to buy it twice.

I guess the recent $5 Red Dead Redemption sale on PSN probably confirms no PC/PS4 port, I was still holding out a 1% hope it could come to PC one day but this was the final nail in the coffin I'd imagine.

My reasoning being if there was a PC port in the works they'd probably want it on PS4 as well, and they wouldn't discount PS3 to $5 and ensure more people already own the game for cheap.
Of course they'll release it for PC and PS4, eventually - when the timing is right for them to get gamers to RE-BUY things that they already own.

It's that same logic of this: "Release as many versions as possible."

Rockstar's known to sell "console versions first; then release different versions on PC - namely they normally do a Steam-version and a Non-Steam version."

EDIT:

That is exactly what they would be before releasing it for PS4 and PC, in order to get as many people as possible to buy it twice.
They'll probably put Non-Steam versions on the cheap first (and people will buy it b/c it's <insert awesome Rockstar brand name game>; then later put Steam-version cheap...

...b/c everybody who loves Steam will ALSO want it on Steam.

After the piss-poor technical-side of SC: BlackList PC's port, I don't know if I should trust UbiSoft right about now...
The Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC version was good, right? Hopefully this release is more along those lines.

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs when it came out. Watch_Dogs looks like it has a higher budget with an interesting plot device (hacking).

Yeah, recent Watch_Dogs previews seem to be saying that it'll be a fun - but not revolutionary - game. So I've tempered my expectations accordingly and am ready for the ride.

The Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC version was good, right? Hopefully this release is more along those lines.

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs when it came out. Watch_Dogs looks like it has a higher budget with an interesting plot device (hacking).

Yeah, recent Watch_Dogs previews seem to be saying that it'll be a fun - but not revolutionary - game. So I've tempered my expectations accordingly and am ready for the ride.
Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs are two different franchises by different devs.

Damned if I know - I ain't bought it.

Ain't really looked around to see how good, poor, or mediocre the the technical side of the port actually turned-out.

Good idea - I probably should check the Ubi and Steam Boards.

Watch Dogs to me looks like a GTA in Chicago...w/ some extra hacking + stealth mechanics for players to utilize if they so desire.

Sleeping Dog was awesome, IMHO - but that was basically GTA style game set in Hong Kong w/ a focus more so on martial arts than actual gunplay.

EDIT:

Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs are two different franchises by different devs.
Right. About SD - Square published it; and United Front developed it.

Of course - UbiSoft's developing and publishing WD.

But, I think his point is - Sleeping Dogs and Watch Dogs are GTA-style games - w/ emphasis on big cities, driving elements, action, and an open-world.

AC4 on PC is good.* I think a big factor is Watch Dogs uses a new game engine so you can't really compare it to the other games from a technical perspective.

*If you run D3DOverrider, the game bounces between 30 and 60fps otherwise with nothin in between.

196Ih5Q.png

somebody buy it :whistle2:

Those dance scenes in 3 really set the bar high.
Spidey 3 could have been better if they did what I thought they were going to do, and leave the Venom's appearance at the end as a cliffhanger for Spidey 4. They tried to fit too much into the movie, on top of which I never found Sandman to be that exciting of a villain like Goblin or Doc Ock, he's just a petty crook with sand powers. Movie needed a second villain but not Spidey's biggest antagonist.

Launch is the coolest/most memorable time to play, and you'll never have a problem finding a party for group quests & dungeons while leveling (which will be some a problem later.)
True, but even so, if the MMO is popular enough there should be plenty of people around in 6 months from launch or so.

Hello Carl,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

The group in question has violated the terms of the Online Conduct Rules for the Steam Community.

For more information on Valve's policies, please see the Steam Subscriber Agreement and the Rules of Steam Online Conduct.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Rules of Steam Online Conduct
http://store.steampowered.com/online_conduct/

The group will not be re-enabled. Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
Gonna echo what everyone else said, don't give up. Get a real answer from someone who's heard you out and who matters. If you want, we can start only greenlighting shitty games out of protest? That'll teach 'em!

And yes, I'm sure CheapyD will throw his weight behind you in this matter. It doesn't hurt to contact him and try.

So... I know a number of CAG collect games removed from steam.

...does this extend to groups removed from steam too?
I gotta admit being in a group that's been delisted is kinda cool. Thanks for the heads-up on the Big Fish promo, worked like a charm. Haven't decided on a free game. What game is good but isn't on Steam?

Does anyone know how long you have to idle a game before Playfire recognizes that you played it for the first time? It thinks I didn't play Narcissu at all and now they added all those Star Wars games and I want my 20 pence.
I've gotten rewards from all the F2P games lately, and the magic number for me is 20+ minutes.

The Gun Monkeys dev is suggesting indie devs don't make multiplayer games. How about not making a shitty game or one with bots so it has a use if the servers are empty?
In the interview the dev does mention how bots should be an option, and I can't really say I disagree with anything he said (aside from his game being good, which is only something he says at the end). It's harder for indie games to be MP-focused like that unless they're a runaway hit/have a good amount of hype. Hell, even big non-indie games have empty servers after a while. He's just warning people starting out that they should avoid going down the MP-focused game route unless they plan to account for empty-as- fuck servers, which I thought was a good and helpful suggestion.

Got Battlefront 2 and Prototype 2. Prototype 2 seems to have the best discount of all time for Steam.
Word of advice from someone who does this kind of thing in here all the time. Never say that. Ashes will come out of nowhere and find something you overlooked. Every time. :wall: Besides, there was the Prototype bundle deal at Amazon that was mentioned (even I knew about that one).

Add me and I'll send them to you in a bit. Gotta bag some trash before it gets dark.

Neuro5i5
Thanks again for the emotes and shit. I've never really delved into the marketplace in terms of cards and badgets, so I didn't have any. I'm digging the comet one you gave me especially.

AC4 on PC is good.* I think a big factor is Watch Dogs uses a new game engine so you can't really compare it to the other games from a technical perspective.

*If you run D3DOverrider, the game bounces between 30 and 60fps otherwise with nothin in between.
I think first AC on PC was really bad too. Since a lot of people are getting it cheap, hopefully a lot of people will complain or a fan fix will come out shortly after launch if it is a mess.

A Hat in Time looks really fun. I hope that comes out within the next year.

Red Dead Redemption is 4 years old. In that context I don't think my logic was bad.
Yeah, I've kind of given up on that dream.

I loved the game when I played it on the Xbox 360. I would totally double-dip for a version with 1080p, 60fps, and better textures.

Why can't one of Take-Two's other devs handle the porting?

I think first AC on PC was really bad too. Since a lot of people are getting it cheap, hopefully a lot of people will complain or a fan fix will come out shortly after launch if it is a mess.

A Hat in Time looks really fun. I hope that comes out within the next year.
One relevant observation is Assassin's Creed 3 used a new engine and runs pretty poorly on PC but AC4 refined that and it runs pretty good with only a year between releases. We shouldn't assume Watch Dogs will run bad due to being on a new engine, but it's a possibility.

True, but even so, if the MMO is popular enough there should be plenty of people around in 6 months from launch or so.
Hahaha. No.

Source: WoW

Worked just fine for me on a low end rig, though I didn't play it until after completing ACR.

One relevant observation is Assassin's Creed 3 used a new engine and runs pretty poorly on PC but AC4 refined that and it runs pretty good with only a year between releases. We shouldn't assume Watch Dogs will run bad due to being on a new engine, but it's a possibility.
Hmm, interesting on AC3/AC4.

Or we we wait for a right and proper CAG-price, all the major patching will be done (or won't be happening).

-shitty weekly deals-
Wow, Spoder was right. It's an indie week. Are all the other publishers mad over Steam giving Activision so much love over the weekend?

totally in for Cargo Commander, and I bought that Gala bundle just to have Lococycle lol
Don't forget that Cargo Commander has Playfire Rewards that expire on Wednesday night (make sure to earn them before 8 p.m. EDT Tuesday night to make sure they track). If you're gonna buy it, you might as well try for some free monies, right?

Looks like Planet Stronghold Steam keys are up on Humble (including a Steam key for the Deluxe DLC).

inb4 Groupees buyers get screwed again. Can't say I didn't see this coming, but at least it's only the soundtrack and nothing important.
Where's my honourable mention for telling you about it? :bouncy:

One more to give away.

RACE Injection Includes 6 items:

• RACE 07
  • STCC The Game 2
  • Formula RaceRoom
  • GT Power Expansion
  • Retro Pack
  • WTCC 2010 Pack

3PLB9-055RB-7GJ0R
Thanks for the giveaways. But since I've pretty much been buying every bundle lately, all the giveaways are games I already have. ;_;

Playfire rewards for the jedi Knight games are payout for learning to patch them basically.
You don't need a game to run properly for it to track on Steam, trust me. Leaving the error message open will still count as "playtime", which is great for someone with a shit GPU like me. :mrgreen:

Don't worry, it'll be bundled again.. and come with the deluxe dlc.
*sigh* was Planet Stronghold on the $1 tier for that humble openindiesourcewhateverthehell bundle? Because I'm annoyed then that the $1 people got it before us $10 people that bought the damned thing 20 months ago. :bomb:
I literally burst out laughing when spoder told me Humble got the Deluxe DLC over Steam, because one of us called it when I told him that Planet Stronghold released on Steam today. That's two Winter Wolves I've gotten free Deluxe DLC for because I missed the bundle on Groupees. #BundleNewbieWinsAgain

Just waiting for Helleen 2 to appear in another bundle that isn't on Groupees and have the Deluxe DLC included so I can get the $5-tier trifecta.

Steam keys for Kingdom Elemental are up now on Shiny Loot if you got the Groupees Shiny Loot bundle (the first one).
Damn. Only got the second ShinyLoot one, for Revenge of the Bitch. #BundleNewbieLosesSometimes

Fight Night Round 3

6F25G-8G2R7-M58LM

Soul Calibur 4

6D07G-2HCB0-J74GP
For those dying of suspense, the games were Zero Gear and Ignite aka IndieGala scraps.

Re: Gunmonkey's developer -- Big shocker.  Pretty well known axiom that making a multiplayer only indie game usually leads to failure.  He increased those odds by making a terrible lobby/matchmaking system and... oh yeah... a terrible game.  It's a dull deathmatch platformer where you have two attacks.  Atari 2600 level of depth.

Re: Gunmonkey's developer -- Big shocker. Pretty well known axiom that making a multiplayer only indie game usually leads to failure. He increased those odds by making a terrible lobby/matchmaking system and... oh yeah... a terrible game. It's a dull deathmatch platformer where you have two attacks. Atari 2600 level of depth.
Procedurally-generated maps were a bit beyond the 2600, and there's more to it than two attacks, but the game does have too many fatal flaws. The Showdown Effect is another example of a decent game (with a lot more variety) with a similar fate. And Lead and Gold is a great game that has just a handful of players left. MP-only kiss of death.

Procedurally-generated maps were a bit beyond the 2600, and there's more to it than two attacks, but the game does have too many fatal flaws. The Showdown Effect is another example of a decent game (with a lot more variety) with a similar fate. And Lead and Gold is a great game that has just a handful of players left. MP-only kiss of death.
Three attacks.

Ummm, Uplay games usually take awhile. I think South Park has yet to hit $30 on Steam. I think ACIV might have hit $30 or below, but your talking 4-5 months after release.
One thing I'd point out though is that Southpark is Steamworks and that AC4 at least has Amazon selling Steam keys. In those cases you have other avenues besides Steam to get the Steam version but with Watchdogs it doesn't look like you do. I don't think even Amazon is selling Steam keys for it as far as I can tell. Maybe if Tony was around he would have pushed for it but we are stuck with Josh now.

[wall of movie-related text mostly snipped, except for]
... as much as I love DC characters I've gotten the strong impression that, unlike Marvel, DC-Warner doesn't really seem to have a plan as to what they want to do with these characters in the cinematic universe.
Not only is there no apparent plan for the Big Two, every attempt to get one of the other DC heroes on screen seems to be a half-hearted, half-assed effort. (Ryan Reynolds? Seriously?)

Marvel is hitting home runs* because (a) they're getting top-level talent, both in front of and behind the camera; and (2) it's evident that the individual films are cohesive parts of a larger universe. Samuel L. Jackson's cameo at the end of Iron Man might be, in retrospect, one of the most important scenes in the history of Hollywood.

* - and they're having all this success without being able to draw on their most popular individual hero, their most popular supergroup (which contains their second-most-popular individual hero), or their longest-running supergroup. Maybe DC should ship out the rights to Batman, Superman, and the Justice League, and then start planning films with whoever's left.

(I agree with most of the snipped stuff, by the way. Every single Marvel success owes a debt to Tim Burton's Batman films, which were a watershed moment in cinema. They proved that comic-book movies weren't just for kids.)

I remember that Amazon DVG deal - I made sure I got in on that deal.

Seeing such a killer deal on Activision games = RARE.
What, you mean this one?

[customspoiler='Prototype Pack']
Prototype2012_zps135db886.png
[/customspoiler]

Oh, Activision. Your past bundles will never be forgotten. Not even the Call of Duty Steam bundle from 2010 will pass quietly into that good night:

[customspoiler='$6 Each']
CODBundle2010_zps3a35b1b7.png
[/customspoiler]

So there it is, Bobby Kotick. You want more of my money? Give me a reason to stop bragging about The Old Days.

Looks like Groupees buyers didn't get screwed over this time! Planet Stronghold Deluxe Edition Steam keys are available on Groupees if you bought the Winter Wolves bundle.

Yeah, so fuck Croixleur. Typical fucktard Japanese dev bullshit. I don't understand, do they even know how to make properly running games?

1. The game will crash every time you tab if you're in fullscreen mode, no exceptions, no current fix.

2. If your sound is set to 7.1, the music will sound like it's at 300% volume and like an orchestra of static.

3. The game will just randomly crash for no reason.

I just spent over 20 minutes in a survival mode game, doing really well, and the game crashed. fucking infuriating. So like an idiot I try again, and about 15 minutes into it, the game crashes again.

I guess your best bet if you want to play the game is to stick only to the story (since there's no point of a survival mode that crashes every time you get far), and restart the game after every battle to try avoiding crashes while you're in the middle of a battle.

Great for the cards, and the game itself isn't bad (though it's just a repetitive slogfest of okay hack n' slash mechanics), but I am so sick of these Japanese devs putting out buggy games on PC. Do they even know what they're doing?

Found my key in my Gmail promotions folder. Thanks!
I'm amazed at all you people who let Gmail push you around. They messed with your inboxes and you were all like ...

"Yeah, I really like the idea of 4 separate email inboxes to look at rather than the usual, standard, sane, one inbox. I'm also really cool with the fact you just changed it without asking and leaving me to find out how to switch it back. Which I won't, cos 4 inboxes is like 4 times as cool as one inbox."

Let's hope so. It's a long road to get back to where we were.

Sweezy Gunner keys are now being sent out. Give it a few hours before you get yours.
Got it. Thanks.

I'm amazed at all you people who let Gmail push you around. They messed with your inboxes and you were all like ...

"Yeah, I really like the idea of 4 separate email inboxes to look at rather than the usual, standard, sane, one inbox. I'm also really cool with the fact you just changed it without asking and leaving me to find out how to switch it back. Which I won't, cos 4 inboxes is like 4 times as cool as one inbox."
It bugged me for like... a couple days. Then I realized how much better it was. New blog post notifications, Amazon Deal of Day emails, general promotional emails, etc etc. Did I really need all that stuff flooding into my inbox and making it harder to see emails that were actually important? Not to mention I get phone notifications when I get an email, so I really didn't need it buzzing every 2 minutes with emails that weren't really important at all.

They're still there... they're just less obtrusive now. Honestly I couldn't go back to only having one tab now at this point.

It bugged me for like... a couple days. Then I realized how much better it was. New blog post notifications, Amazon Deal of Day emails, general promotional emails, etc etc. Did I really need all that stuff flooding into my inbox and making it harder to see emails that were actually important? Not to mention I get phone notifications when I get an email, so I really didn't need it buzzing every 2 minutes with emails that weren't really important at all.

They're still there... they're just less obtrusive now. Honestly I couldn't go back to only having one tab now at this point.
You pushover.

Turn off your phone email notifications too =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back