Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about to complain that you had to download the client in order to get this because I'm at work and want to "buy" it NOW but can't and then my order came through. Without downloading the client.

So never mind.
One of the things I like about Origin is that you can redeem keys and buy free stuff through the website.

Steam Tagging is still useless to me.

e8cqsff.png

FWIW they are completely separate stories with the second only having vague ties to the first. You definitely don't need to play them both. They are both pretty much stand alone stories. Also the second one, as well as not being on Steam, is generally regarded as inferior to the first by most people.

*waits for Warreni and MysterD to defend DA2*

Anyway, DAO is an excellent game that was years in the making. It's one of the better modern RPGs in my opinion. It's a totally self contained story that you'll get many hours out of and depending on your preferences there may even be some replayability in it since you can choose different 'origins' as well as lots of choice and consequence in the game. If you are even remotely interested I say go for it.

Just be aware that game is LONG so if you are not looking to get into a huge commitment gamewise be warned.
Well, since you waited for me. . .

I don't disagree with anything you said.

I just think that it's not the horrible piece of trash everyone claims that it is. It's a well-crafted (except for certain aspects having to do mostly with the excessive reuse of assets and substantial lack of tactical options in combat) action RPG. It's not a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins in any meaningful sense of the term.

For what it's worth, I'm not sure Inquisition will be either. Everything I've seen thus far suggests that it will be much closer to DA2 than DA:O.

Dammit, I installed Origin to get the free game and only later learned I didn't have to.

Now I have to figure out how to make Origin recognize my existing game installations. Probably not difficult.

Air Control (remember that game? And I use the word game loosely here) is shaping up to be another shit show with the developer accused of using copyrighted assets, then claiming he changed them and the video is old because he hasn't updated the Desura version in 6 months (never mind the fact that some people paid for it there). Now he seems to be going on a censoring and banning spree on his forum and had a negative review removed.

Air Control (remember that game? And I use the word game loosely here) is shaping up to be another shit show with the developer accused of using copyrighted assets, then claiming he changed them and the video is old because he hasn't updated the Desura version in 6 months (never mind the fact that some people paid for it there). Now he seems to be going on a censoring and banning spree on his forum and had a negative review removed.
I still don't get how the developer of Air Control - Killjoy Games can become the headline of Groupees Bundle Yourself by Killjoy Games. I think this game is even worst than Earth: Year 2066.

The following gameplay video shows the latest version of Air Control, you don't have to be a genius to tell how bad this game really is. :roll:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/rfppx224vMk[/youtube]

I still don't understand how the developer of Air Control - Killjoy Games can become the headline of Groupees Bundle Yourself by Killjoy Games. I think this game is even worst than Earth: Year 2066.

The following gameplay video shows the latest version of Air Control, you don't have to be a genius to tell how bad this game really is. :roll:

I like both games it looks good for me bad for you. Good for me just give me steam key than take it off then i sell if for 200bucks lol no joke a frined of mine has EArth 2066 and one is selling for 200bucks!! lol

Were I the Squirrel, I would not be Sasquatch,

But I will wear my fart upon my sleeve

For CAGs to peck at. I am not what I am.
I commend you on your excellent prose, quick action and absolute bravery Oh Hairy One. Waggles has joined you as well making a triad of chucklees. We thank you both.

I still don't get how the developer of Air Control - Killjoy Games can become the headline of Groupees Bundle Yourself by Killjoy Games. I think this game is even worst than Earth: Year 2066.

That is beyond Terribad. What the hell were they thinking letting that on there? It's not even marked as Early Access either. What a joke!

Oh and more drama going on apparently the Paranautical Activity Developer is being a douche again. What a shocker.

Reddit thread about Paranautical Activity abadoning the game and blaming the community, although he now claims he isn't abandoning it but is releasing a couple patches and then he is done with it, but still blames the community.

Some guy did a breakdown of this situation and the general risks of Early access:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOE9uWEwnlE&list=UUf2ocK7dG_WFUgtDtrKR4rw

I like both games it looks good for me bad for you. Good for me just give me steam key than take it off then i sell if for 200bucks lol no joke a frined of mine has EArth 2066 and one is selling for 200bucks!! lol
There is a difference between paying $200 for a removed game and paying $200 for dreck. Anyone who pays $200 for Air Control needs to have his head examined.

The whole site's gone, actually. http://www.indiemeadow.com/ just leads to a page that says "This site has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later."
It turns out that contests are against the TOS which I was not aware of before and I still think it's pretty unfair for us to be shut down without warning.
DA2 is the single worst game I've ever played in my entire life span. That's not even a slight exaggeration.
Now he seems to be going on a censoring and banning spree on his forum and had a negative review removed.
Is there anything Squirrel doesn't have on his wishlist (besides Bad Rats)?
tumblr_m8wpxvvQ9C1qja16c.gif

That's on consoles already. It was on sale on 360 this past holiday, but I didn't have enough Xbox monies am too sophisticated for that type of game. I apologize on the behalf of console peasants everywhere. :p

Truly the Superman 64 of our time, complete with nonsensical flying segments. I will compliment the dev on picking a decent music track for the flying segment though, really fits the mood for some reason.

I was just going to comment that they're pretty much phoning it in today and this weekend.

As many times as EA has put DAO on sale, you'd think they could make some lousy Felicia Day Fanboi game of the millennium edition of Dragon Age 2 or something and just put it back up on Steam with all the fan service DLC packed in. They're probably too lazy to do even that. And the gaming community is better off for it, really.
I could certainly get down w/ a DA2 DLC Only Pack or a DA2: Complete Edition.

FWIW they are completely separate stories with the second only having vague ties to the first. You definitely don't need to play them both. They are both pretty much stand alone stories. Also the second one, as well as not being on Steam, is generally regarded as inferior to the first by most people.

Anyway, DAO is an excellent game that was years in the making. It's one of the better modern RPGs in my opinion. It's a totally self contained story that you'll get many hours out of and depending on your preferences there may even be some replayability in it since you can choose different 'origins' as well as lots of choice and consequence in the game. If you are even remotely interested I say go for it.

Just be aware that game is LONG so if you are not looking to get into a huge commitment gamewise be warned.
Well, DA2 was once on Steam, until it got kicked off - since EA loves to do exclusive DLC...especially BioWare and their damn BioWare Points and BioWare DLC Store.

DA:O's a masterpiece - agreed.

I think everybody who loves strategic-style RPG's where you control a whole party yourself - i.e. see BG2, NWN1: Hordes, and NWN2 + Mask + Zehir - should certainly play DAO.

Awakening expansion is pretty good - it's essentially "more of the same", which ain't a bad thing. It just lacks the fresh-ness, polish, and greatness that the original DAO had going on.

Also, Leilana's Song DLC is really good; and Witch Hunt DLC was good untill all to brief and numerous thread-dangling very end....

IMHO, DA2 had the nearly impossible task of trying to follow-up the original masterpiece. Recycled areas WAY too much; lack of polish; lack of overhead tac-cam from the original; lack of the strategic-style battle; choices not often making enough impact; story is nowhere as epic as the original in scope; and other things really hurt DA2 from even getting close to the league of the original. That said - I still liked DA2, even despite its laundry list of problems. It's good, but it ain't the masterpiece that DAO is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back