Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet the Chrono Cross re-release on PSN still looks like shit.

I wish I could get some proper filtering for it or something. I tried on an emulator but it was just too much of a pain in the ass to get it working right.

Is it possible to run those PS One classics from PSN in their original resolutions instead of bumped up?
All PS1 and PS2 games look like shit on an HDTV... but If you turn off smoothing, 2D games can still look decent from what I recall.

I don't know if you can run them in original res.

[quote name="madjoki" post="11746418" timestamp="1399664568"]Calibre 10 Racing Alpha for free.

No idea if it updates to full, but I guess u can't lose.

Note: EARLY ACCESS customers will get all the launch content - no matter what the final price point or monetization model will turn out to be.

Sounds like it might even be f2p. (Free cards for early 'buyers' :D)[/quote]

Could somebody hook me up with one of those codes? It seems to be a region restricted promotion, not available in South America. Thanks!

I'm not the foremost Playstation expert but I don't think they do. From what I understand, only certain specific older PS3 models will play PSX games. However a fair bit of the more high profile PSX games have gotten PS3 compatibile re-releases on PSN. I mean some of them look like pixelated shit all blown up (like Chrono Cross; sorry Idio but it's true) but they work. *shrug*

*Edit: Or maybe I am thinking of PS3 to PS2 backward compatibility. I can't be expected to know these things. I am only a very occasional console peasant.
You're thinking PS2 compatibility (those early models had a PS2 chip). PS3s do software emu of PS1 games (as did PS2 for PS1 games). A fair number of PS3 games I want are simply HD remakes of PS2 games I already own. >.<

Get on that, you're only about 7.5 years overdue.
I'm holding out for a good price. :mrgreen:

I wish I could get some proper filtering for it or something. I tried on an emulator but it was just too much of a pain in the ass to get it working right.

Is it possible to run those PS One classics from PSN in their original resolutions instead of bumped up?
I think the PS3 smoothing is just a bilinear filter on the entire image, it's not a good look. There is (or was?) an option to disable upscaling in Game Settings, but it still outputs 640x480 instead of whatever the original res was.

FYI I've found that I get a better upscaled image with PS2 games when I set my PS3 to 1080i vs 720p. Maybe it's just my TV, I don't know. No idea if this would be relevant for 1080p TVs, I've never owned one.

Someone on Reddit is claiming his Duke keys from this bundle were already used. The Flying Bundle rep said he'd contact the publisher about it.

Just an FYI. I mean not that anyone here but completely newb console peasant refugees would think these repeats were hot shit, but figured I'd should mention it.

I'm not the foremost Playstation expert but I don't think they do. From what I understand, only certain specific older PS3 models will play PSX games. However a fair bit of the more high profile PSX games have gotten PS3 compatibile re-releases on PSN. I mean some of them look like pixelated shit all blown up (like Chrono Cross; sorry Idio but it's true) but they work. *shrug*

*Edit: Or maybe I am thinking of PS3 to PS2 backward compatibility. I can't be expected to know these things. I am only a very occasional console peasant.
Maybe someone can try mine out and let me know.

Anyone want Duke Nukem 1 and 2?

Very early development, but that 2d game in video works but very slow.
Hmm, I'll keep an eye on them. Thanks.

It's really not that difficult. Most of the popular games have guides on what to tweak your emulator settings to to get them playing right as well, and once you have things set properly, it usually doesn't take much tinkering between different games.

Honestly, all this talk of whether you should play your PSX games on PS2 or PS3 and what looks a liiiittle less terrible... seriously, just use ePSXe. It's so much fucking better it's not even funny.

It's really not that difficult. Most of the popular games have guides on what to tweak your emulator settings to to get them playing right as well, and once you have things set properly, it usually doesn't take much tinkering between different games.

Honestly, all this talk of whether you should play your PSX games on PS2 or PS3 and what looks a liiiittle less terrible... seriously, just use ePSXe. It's so much fucking better it's not even funny.
I'm not a total idiot. I've used emulators before. Hell I played 100+ hours of Xenoblade on Dolphin, and yes I did have to do a fair bit of research and tweaking on what settings to use.

I tried with Chrono Cross and ePSXe and just couldn't get it to run decent. So I gave up and bought it on PSN. Then I played it and it looked like shit.

I don't know, maybe I'll just wait another 10 years and see if Square does a remake or something.

I'm not a total idiot. I've used emulators before. Hell I played 100+ hours of Xenoblade on Dolphin, and yes I did have to do a fair bit of research and tweaking on what settings to use.

I tried with Chrono Cross and ePSXe and just couldn't get it to run decent. So I gave up and bought it on PSN. Then I played it and it looked like shit.

I don't know, maybe I'll just wait another 10 years and see if Square does a remake or something.
Seems to play fine on FPse, so if you have an Android try that. To be honest I think FPse is a better emulator than ePSXe when it comes to graphics.

There will never, ever, be a Chrono Cross remake though. It simply didn't sell well enough (because of all the Trigger nerds screaming "OMG it isn't Chrono Trigger 2, SHUN!"), so there's no reason Square would ever touch it again.

So Call of Juarez: The Cartel (activates on (Steam)) is apparently the lowest price ever at Gamefly right now at - $2.71 if you use the MAY20OFF voucher.

Terrible game, but cheap, but terrible game, but cheap but...

Decisions, decisions.
Nice, didn't see that sale when I checked earlier. Posting the rest for posterity:

Gamefly is having a Ubisoft Hits sale for the weekend, up to 66% off.

Games include:

• Anno 2070 - $17.99 (40% off) (uPlay)
  • Anno 2070 Complete Edition - $29.99 (40% off) (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed Director's Cut - $6.79 (66% off) (GF Securom)
  • Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition - $6.79 (66% off) (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed III - $6.79 (66% off) (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations - $6.79 (66% off) (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $6.79 (66% off) (uPlay)
  • Beyond Good and Evil - $3.39 (66% off) (GF Securom)
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $7.49 (50% off) (Steam)
  • Call of Juarez: The Cartel - $3.39 (66% off) (Steam)
  • Driver San Francisco - $6.79 (66% off) (uPlay)
  • Far Cry - $3.39 (66% off) (Ubisoft Build/Key)
  • Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition - $3.39 (66% off) (Ubisoft Build/Key)
  • Far Cry 3 - $14.99 (50% off) (uPlay)
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - $7.49 (50% off) (uPlay)
  • From Dust - $3.39 (66% off) (uPlay)
  • Might & Magic X Legacy - $18.75 (25% off) (uPlay)
  • Might & Magic X Legacy Digital Deluxe Edition - $22.49 (25% off) (uPlay)
  • Might & Magic: Heroes VI Complete Edition - $19.99 (50% off) (uPlay)
  • Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - $4.99 (50% off) (Steam)
  • Rayman Legends - $19.99 (50% off) (uPlay)
  • Rayman Origins - $9.99 (50% off) (Ubisoft Build/Key)
  • Rocksmith 2014 Edition - $40.19 (33% off) (Steam)
Use MAY20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off.

Nice, didn't see that sale when I checked earlier. Posting the rest for posterity:

Gamefly is having a Ubisoft Hits sale for the weekend, up to 66% off.

Games include:

• Anno 2070 - $17.99 (uPlay)
  • Anno 2070 Complete Edition - $29.99 (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed Director's Cut - $6.79 ( GF Securom )
  • Assassin's Creed II Deluxe Edition - $3.39 (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed III - $6.79 (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations - $6.79 (uPlay)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $6.79 (uPlay)
  • Beyond Good and Evil - $3.39 (GF Securom)
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $7.49 (Steam)
  • Call of Juarez: The Cartel - $6.79 (Steam)
  • Driver San Francisco - $6.79 (uPlay)
  • Far Cry - $3.39 (Ubisoft Build/Key)
  • Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition - $3.39 (Ubisoft Build/Key)
  • Far Cry 3 - $14.99 (uPlay)
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - $7.49 (uPlay)
  • From Dust - $3.39 (uPlay)
  • Might & Magic X Legacy - $18.75 (uPlay)
  • Might & Magic X Legacy Digital Deluxe Edition - $22.49 (uPlay)
  • Might & Magic: Heroes VI Complete Edition - $19.99 (uPlay)
  • Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - $4.99 (Steam)
  • Rayman Legends - $19.99 (uPlay)
  • Rayman Origins - $9.99 (Ubisoft Build/Key)
  • Rocksmith 2014 Edition - $40.19 (Steam)
Use MAY20OFF for an additional 20% off at checkout.
Ridiculously good price on AC2. If you don't have that already, grab it.

I'm just patiently waiting for a good deal on AC3 with all the DLC...

If playing on console, why bother dredging out the PSX? Don't have a PS2?
Not sure if this is Bobby's reason, but the PS2 actually has issues with a few PSX games! (Puzzle Fighter II is the only example that immediately comes to mind) So I could see that being a reason to use PSX over PS2.

EDIT -- Herp de effing derp. Somehow didn't notice I was not even remotely close to the last page before posting an "answer" =P

There's already PS3 emulator: https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YK1WFZF790

and Xbox 360 emulator: https://github.com/benvanik/xenia

:p
I should have specified. A decent emulator for PS3 will never happen unless the PSNow people make it. :p

PS2 has optional texture filtering and faster loading times on PS1 games. PS3 just plays them as-is.
Had no idea. Thank you for teaching me something today.

I'm holding out for a good price. :mrgreen:
+1. Hoping this Black Friday will finally be the year that they get desperate enough on the discounts for them.

Jeez, what a cheap ass gamer. :roll:
Did you take a wrong turn at MSRPAssGamer? :p

All yours.

If the keys work...
I'm jealous. I bought both on sale, would have gladly mugged idiot for them.

Bought for CoJ series completion reasons. ;)
I might too, depending on whether or not I pull the trigger for CoJ1 in that BundleStars bundle or not.

Not sure if this is Bobby's reason, but the PS2 actually has issues with a few PSX games! (Puzzle Fighter II is the only example that immediately comes to mind) So I could see that being a reason to use PSX over PS2.

EDIT -- Herp de effing derp. Somehow didn't notice I was not even remotely close to the last page before posting an "answer" =P
It happens. The answer's appreciated.

Anything actually good in that Gamefly sale?

Yeah, this was my next thought. They've got IV, V, and VI on Android (not to mention friggin' CHRONO TRIGGER) and they chose to bring over III? Terrible decision, especially if (as I suspect) they're using this to gauge interest in further ports. Still, I hope it does well so we can get the rest and maybe even ports of the Dragon Quests.
I could get down w/ all FF and DQ games getting PC ports. :D

I already own these (FF7+8) on my old PlayStation.

And also FF5,6,9.

Oh, and Chrono Cross.
Can you just type us a list of every single game you own, what kind of DRM it has, how long you played each game and what you thought of it, when and where you bought it, how much it was, whether it was a pre-order or on sale, what platform it was for, what you were wearing at the time of purchase, your favorite flavor of ice cream, and the name of your first pet?

Thanks.

DQ = Dragon Quest, in this instance.

No, definitely NOT Dairy Queen.

{eyebrow raised}
What about?

Abba_Dancing-Queen02.jpg

Double client DRM is yuck.
Hi MysterD.

In all seriousness, I don't see the big deal about it. It's just a launcher that sits in the background. Kalypso games run on Steam with a launcher, some MMOs run on Steam with a launcher. It's not that uncommon. But for some reason you say Uplay and both sides freak the fuck out with most being the OMG THIS SUCKS AND IT SHOULD BE JUST STEAM UPLAY ATE MY BABIES side and the other being the MysterD/Idio OMG I CAN'T HAVE TWO FORMS OF DRM OR I WILL EXPLODE side.

Besides, even when I run my straight UPlay games I just run them through the Steam client anyway.

If people want to buy it on UPlay I ain't got no problem but if people want an Ubisoft game on Steam even though it requires Uplay really, so what?

/rant

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/flyingbundle#announcements

About Duke Nukem 1 & 2 Steam keys!

MAY 9 - FLYINGBUNDLE

We've been informed that some of the Duke Nukem 1 & 2 keys are duplicate. We removed all of them just in case and waiting for the new keys from the publisher. They are on it as well and generating new ones.

Every buyer will receive their keys soon.

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience!

Flying Bundle Team
I guess if anyone bought the current Flying Bundle and your Duke Nukem keys actually worked, well you are getting new ones.

I couldn't give a flying bundle about Duke Nukem 1 & 2
Well, who would? That'd be crazy to give a Flying Bundle just for those 2 games. Not a very good trade.

EDIT: Oh and Al Emmo Steam keys are up for Groupees Retro 2. Don't think they're up for IR yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back