Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculously good price on AC2. If you don't have that already, grab it.

I'm just patiently waiting for a good deal on AC3 with all the DLC...
I'll add that anyone that doesn't own Beyond Good & Evil at this point can't claim to love video games. Get on that people. It's a rare piece of genius.

I browse that site daily now :)

I'm stockpiling keys and probably using them during the summer sale there.
Watch out, I almost bought Witcher 2 there and then realized it was a russian version. There is no indication of it being russian on the dispenser site but I checked the bot's inventory listing on some tf2 site and found that out.

Hi MysterD.

In all seriousness, I don't see the big deal about it. It's just a launcher that sits in the background. Kalypso games run on Steam with a launcher, some MMOs run on Steam with a launcher. It's not that uncommon. But for some reason you say Uplay and both sides freak the fuck out with most being the OMG THIS SUCKS AND IT SHOULD BE JUST STEAM UPLAY ATE MY BABIES side and the other being the MysterD/Idio OMG I CAN'T HAVE TWO FORMS OF DRM OR I WILL EXPLODE side.

Besides, even when I run my straight UPlay games I just run them through the Steam client anyway.

If people want to buy it on UPlay I ain't got no problem but if people want an Ubisoft game on Steam even though it requires Uplay really, so what?

/rant
DRM Discussion/Essay Incoming....

Thing is - we know MMO's and Multiplayer-only games likely won't last forever. There's likely that day, when the game will get its plug pulled - and your lovely box and discs become nothing but coasters. Or, your game-files become useless....

{stares at my retail-boxed copy of Tabula Rasa}

About UPlay-games on Steam, the problem is Ubi is also forcing Steam's CEG DRM. This could pretty much go for any Steam-versions using multiple DRM's, as well. If CEG wasn't forced on Steam-version, there could be one less problem here. The more DRM, the more chances that particular version could have more problems - b/c there's another DRM-wrapper and more RAM + resources will be eaten-up; more to test here. Also, the more versions out there - more versions of the game to test. What if dev's test + patch one version more than the other? Or say eventually abandon another version? Someone's gonna get the short-end of the stick here.

On some G4WL games in the Steam-version, if you have problems b/c of Steam overlay or some other Steam-related reason - well, hell....just boot the game w/out Steam running - it'll go w/out it. Some G4WL-required game that can run w/out Steam going include GTA4 + EFLC & RFG. If Steam ever went away (which don't look likely right now) and CEG never got patched-out of Steam - well, I still have my game b/c CEG isn't attached; I can just can boot it up from the game-folder (or create a shortcut directly from game-folder). Won't have to worry about Enslaved, if Steam goes away - it ain't got CEG; and actually will save locally to the PC (b/c it doesn't force Cloud Saving), if you ain't running Steam-client.

Also, who's to say game companies won't re-release the game again just to try to sell you another version of what you already own? Maybe they'll release a game on Steam (with CEG DRM) - then later release a DRM-FREE version on GoG. As a customer, who'd wanna spend money again on something they're already bought?

I'll add that anyone that doesn't own Beyond Good & Evil at this point can't claim to love video games. Get on that people. It's a rare piece of genius.
BG&E was a fantastic game on the Xbox. The PC port was unplayable for me because it does not allow for Y axis invert without also switching the X axis.

Hi MysterD.

In all seriousness, I don't see the big deal about it. It's just a launcher that sits in the background. Kalypso games run on Steam with a launcher, some MMOs run on Steam with a launcher. It's not that uncommon. But for some reason you say Uplay and both sides freak the fuck out with most being the OMG THIS SUCKS AND IT SHOULD BE JUST STEAM UPLAY ATE MY BABIES side and the other being the MysterD/Idio OMG I CAN'T HAVE TWO FORMS OF DRM OR I WILL EXPLODE side.

Besides, even when I run my straight UPlay games I just run them through the Steam client anyway.

If people want to buy it on UPlay I ain't got no problem but if people want an Ubisoft game on Steam even though it requires Uplay really, so what?

/rant
Eh, you're misreading me. You should remember that I LIKE Uplay.

Since games like AC2 have Uplay integrated features and rewards, they have to run through Uplay regardless if they're on Steam or not. Those are the instances where I don't like having them on Steam. I don't buy a game to to open Steam, turn on the game, which then turns on Uplay, which then turns on the game. Yes, some MMOs and a small handful of Kalypso games do it (I am not a Kalypso fan), but the fact still remains that it's far preferable to just turn on Uplay to play your Uplay games if you want, and that's what I do.

I just don't like having to run two clients at once to play a single game, that's all. If I had Origin games on Steam that launched Origin when I turned them on, I'd just get them on Origin instead. I'm a person who has zero problem with Uplay and Origin, so when those clients are required for a certain game, I get that game through that client.

Sarcasm font was invented for socially awkward beings who can't recognize it any other way.

I do not conform to the needs of toasters.
Can I pass the pedophile title over to Idiot, considering the girl in my avatar is more than twice the age of the 12 year old in his?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8PlLNO90s[/youtube]

Can I pass the pedophile title over to Idiot, considering the girl in my avatar is more than twice the age of the 12 year old in his?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8PlLNO90s[/youtube]
giphy.gif

[quote name="Cheaplikeafox 3.0" post="11747256" timestamp="1399689724"]Thanks for the warning. I'll have to keep an eye on it. [/quote]I've been told that if I had initiated that trade, it would have shown up as RU version in the trade window. So I'll be taking a close look there during future trades, as well as researching the game's potential region locks at steamdb.

Well, who would? That'd be crazy to give a Flying Bundle just for those 2 games. Not a very good trade.

EDIT: Oh and Al Emmo Steam keys are up for Groupees Retro 2. Don't think they're up for IR yet.
I'll let you guys know when/if they're available from LazyGuysStudio.

I own it for 360, and it's pretty good. Any mods that make the PC version worth owning as well?

Last I checked it was like this on all platforms.
You're correct. I believe they patched it on 360 though.

Oh, I own it. Should I play it, too?
Yes, yes you should. But wait 'till the sequel finally gets confirmed.

Hasn't it been confirmed like six times?

(Also, have you been taking your likes back??)
Not officially. The guy behind it keeps saying he'll get to it, but has never specifically said publicly "I'm definitely fully developing this RIGHT NOW, and it'll be done at XYZ date". He was gonna work on it after Rayman Origins, but Ubi made him do Rayman Legends immediately afterwards.

According to rumours, he said at a private Ubisoft dinner that it was far into development for Xbone, PC, Wii U and PS4. We'll have to see what happens at E3.

And I liked your post before realizing you said you hadn't played it, and I can't encourage that sort of thing. :p

I still don't get how the developer of Air Control - Killjoy Games can become the headline of Groupees Bundle Yourself by Killjoy Games. I think this game is even worst than Earth: Year 2066.

The following gameplay video shows the latest version of Air Control, you don't have to be a genius to tell how bad this game really is. :roll:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/rfppx224vMk[/youtube]
I've said before that I would gladly buy a copy of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing for a dollar. Just for laughs. Air Control looks like it might end up in the same waste-a-dollar-for-drunken-hilarity compost heap.

But the more important thing is that you snitched, and snitches get stitches in these here parts. :shame:
As founding father Benjamin Franklin once said, "A snitch, in time, gets my nine."

I was interested in TS14 then I noticed the riduclous pricing of everything for it lol, its damn near $3k for all the DLC
Yeah, but if you wait for a 75% sale, then it's only $750! :D/

Not officially. The guy behind it keeps saying he'll get to it, but has never specifically said publicly "I'm definitely fully developing this RIGHT NOW, and it'll be done at XYZ date". He was gonna work on it after Rayman Origins, but Ubi made him do Rayman Legends immediately afterwards.

According to rumours, he said at a private Ubisoft dinner that it was far into development for Xbone, PC, Wii U and PS4. We'll have to see what happens at E3.

And I liked your post before realizing you said you hadn't played it, and I can't encourage that sort of thing. :p
Speaking of Rayman Legends, I just got it in the mail today (GameFly) and it's pretty damn good. Utterly gorgeous game, 1080p/60FPS, smooth, great mechanics, tons of cool little features like scratchcards and a bazillion different characters to unlock, daily/weekly time trial challenges, etc. Just a really cool game so far.

I really hope BG&E2 comes to fruition. That guy knows what he's doing.

DRM some shit blablaba same old shit bla bla bla
Do you ever get tired of spouting the same bullshit over and over? No one cares. We like certain types of DRM here, namely Steam, hell some of us are completely fine with TWO forms of DRM, Steam and UPlay.

You are anal about DRM. WE GET IT. We got it the first time and the 500th. Now shut the hell up and go find someone who cares. (hint: they aren't in this thread)

Do you ever get tired of spouting the same bullshit over and over? No one cares. We like certain types of DRM here, namely Steam, hell some of us are completely fine with TWO forms of DRM, Steam and UPlay.

You are anal about DRM. WE GET IT. We got it the first time and the 500th. Now shut the hell up and go find someone who cares. (hint: they aren't in this thread)
tumblr_m3mvolfHWM1qegxs3o1_250.gif

I played the fuck out of BG&E back in the day. If I was going to buy a new copy, is there something exclusive to the digital console release or is it just HD that I could adjust the PC version to mimic?

163.gif

i saw that episode. they were fighting about drm. the two girls were like "yo drm's not that bad" and then the girl in the green dress flipped shit
You're wrong. Those 2 bitches were like "Steam is the devil, DRM-free 4 life" so the girl in the green dress understandably defended her lord Gaben the best way she knew how.

I'm also completely fine with Origin and Desura =/

Any more DRM's though and I might have to flip some tables.

You're wrong. Those 2 bitches were like "Steam is the devil, DRM-free 4 life" so the girl in the green dress understandably defended her lord Gaben the best way she knew how.
or maybe the two girls were like "omg, we just spodered a steambox" and the green dress girl reacted out of understandable contempt

Well, now I feel bad for MysterD.

But you all have a point, that half-second of scrolling down through a DRM post is just so difficult on my gnarled, arthritic hands.

giphy.gif

Last time I checked, you posted this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328029-steam-deals-thread-v11-darksiders-ii-749-super-meat-boy-299-bioshock-infinite-659-dragon-age-origins-ultimate-edition-749/page-353#entry11746989

And even mentioned my CAG screen-name in a post about DRM.

So, what did you expect?

You're the one that awoke a DRM Sleeping Giant, going off about not caring about Multiple DRM's in Steam-games.

Yes - some people care (like me) about DRM's, some don't (like yourself).

We all can have our own opinions.

So...

{shrug}

EDIT:

Do you suffer from diarrhea of the keyboard at work? And if so, wtf do you do for a living?
Nope, I actually typed this from home.

And, as I've said before recently - I type what I think and I type very fast. What you see, is what I think.

Well, now I feel bad for MysterD.

But you all have a point, that half-second of scrolling down through a DRM post is just so difficult on my gnarled, arthritic hands.

giphy.gif
Gimme a minute - I can fix that and "Spoiler tag" it all for you...

EDIT:

And...done.

Hope it makes it easier on you.

EDIT 2:

He gives DRM dissertations to crowds of stuffed animals and Ezio statuettes. It's a labor of love.
tn_gallery_8346_7671_77619.jpg

I'm also completely fine with Origin and Desura =/

Any more DRM's though and I might have to flip some tables.
I have no problems w/ UPlay, Origin, Desura, and Steam - when they're all alone for DRM in their own version, of course. For me - the less hoops to jump through, the better.

It gets annoying on Steam-versions....

....when dev's and pub's want to enable CEG on Steam-versions, when they're also using other 3rd party DRM's and clients - i.e. see UbiSoft (using UPlay on Steam-versions) and Rockstar (also forcing Rockstar Social Club).

Also annoying when dev's want to keep Securom, Tages, or any of that other crap active - when they got CEG enabled on the Steam-version.

Steam's the best of the club for game-clients, in terms of overall features: screenshot-taking; hour-tracking; Friends List; Big Picture Mode; automatic updates; pretty easy for back-ups + reinstalls / cut & paste reinstalls; etc etc.

Steam puts all the others to shame.

Everybody else is still playing catch-up here - and the way it's going, it's always gonna be that way. They were out their first and they seem to really be the ones that actually love constantly supporting us PC gamers.

Yo derick, u might wanna stop sharin pics of yourself all over cag, your scarin everyone with that creepy smile.

I played that Nuclear Throne and man that is alot of fun. Its made by Vlambeer who did Luftrausers so you know its really good, Nuclear Throne is Binding of Issac meets Hotline Miami. Its so hard but addicting. Its in early access but i think there gonna be done with it real soon cause its launching on PS3 and PS4 in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back