Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good Daily Deal today. If you don't own Binding of Isaac + DLC already and think you'd enjoy it, grab it.
True dat. Of course they have already missed out on it being DRM Free during the Humble Bundle Store Spring Sale last week. The deals today are absolute crap! I guess they aren't gonna repeat the Sonic Collection again...

Who doesn't own BoI + DLC?!
gallery_177066_262_7432.jpg

New Bundle Stars Turbo Bundle - $2.99 for 7 Games
  1. GT Legends
  2. GTR 2: FIA GT Racing Game
  3. Race Injection
  4. RACE: The WTCC Game + Caterham Expansion
  5. Race On Bundle
  6. GTR FIA GT Racing
  7. GTR Evolution

All games are repeats from previous Bundle Stars bundles but if you do not own any SimBin games, this is not bad for the whole collection which is the same as SimBin Mega Bundle.
Racing Bundle! :whee:

...own them all. :sadpanda:

Not very Steam related, but I just scored a copy of the Reaper of Souls Diablo expansion for $10 thanks to my local Wal-Mart's ineptitude. They had a standing display with RoS listed at $9.96. Didn't even have to argue or start crying.

Now I guess I need Diablo 3.
It's been $20 from Blizz recently.

If you get in let us know, there'a a bunch of us in the BGCQ clan (British English, yankee servers).

Really good Daily Deal today. If you don't own Binding of Isaac + DLC already and think you'd enjoy it, grab it.
Dumbass.

Do you have any idea how many times it's been bundled?

Empress Of The Deep 2: Song Of The Blue Whale - $4.99 $0.49
Empress Of The Deep - $4.99 $0.49

is liekly glitch cause it recently add to steam and is not till may 20 but 48hrs so yea for gltich mns already brought it so it future bundle ehe
Good catch. Bought both. Especially since they each give 10 pence in Playfire Rewards each for playing them for the first time. Thanks for the heads-up.

Not gonna disagree with you this time, HiB7 was before my time, I think.

Dumbass.

Do you have any idea how many times it's been bundled?
Three times, and the DLC's been bundled twice. I was just saying if you didn't own it already, it was good. Better than the usual shit discount on Orcs Must Die! 2 (which has had the Complete version be in 2 bundles).

Doesn't appear to be a glitch--looks like the SF sales are 75-90% off. Maybe I should pick up Jack Keane 1 now.
I think the assumption is since they only came out on Steam 5 days ago, that a price slash that big would be unlikely to be intentional. I'm sure it's on sale though.

Yes. It looks interesting. Time will tell if it's crap or not. It seems weird that Selina Kyle is apparently much older than Bruce Wayne in this series. It reminds me of the Gotham Central comic.
Pretty much this for me... I'll watch it till its cancelation out of an obligations (unless its really bad) but I fell it will likely fail.

Also only a few of the villains should even be considered for the show as most appear to be close to Batman's age in the cvomics and such... (And of course they've already fucked that up as Selina Kyle IS younger than Bruce.)

Good catch. Bought both. Especially since they each give 10 pence in Playfire Rewards each for playing them for the first time. Thanks for the heads-up.

Not gonna disagree with you this time, HiB7 was before my time, I think.

Three times, and the DLC's been bundled twice. I was just saying if you didn't own it already, it was good. Better than the usual shit discount on Orcs Must Die! 2 (which has had the Complete version be in 2 bundles).
HIB7 nuthin', mate. TBoI was first bundled in the Humble Voxatron Debut back around Halloween 2011.

Pretty much this for me... I'll watch it till its cancelation out of an obligations (unless its really bad) but I fell it will likely fail.

Also only a few of the villains should even be considered for the show as most appear to be close to Batman's age in the cvomics and such... (And of course they've already fucked that up as Selina Kyle IS younger than Bruce.)
Wait, they changed things from the comics!? In a television adaptation!!?

http://idolninja.com/sr2.php

Worked fine for Idiot, myself, and other CAGs.
It's hit or miss. While the game worked mostly ok for me, I got frequent crashes when playing in co-op. Not sure if it happened in singleplayer.. didn't play enough in SP to check.

Don't know if you can play the co-op anymore anyway (one gamespy shuts down).. I think the game used gamespy..

It's hit or miss. While the game worked mostly ok for me, I got frequent crashes when playing in co-op. Not sure if it happened in singleplayer.. didn't play enough in SP to check.

Don't know if you can play the co-op anymore anyway.. I think the game used gamespy..
I only played SP. No crashes to speak of.

It does take some effort to get it to work the way it's supposed to, and even then (at least, for me), it still crashed a fair amount, but yeah, I was able to play the thing to completion.
Yup, but I got annoyed enough by a few side missions to quit before 100%.

It does take some effort to get it to work the way it's supposed to, and even then (at least, for me), it still crashed a fair amount, but yeah, I was able to play the thing to completion.
Yeah, it's worth the price to try it on PC.. but I think the game is better on consoles. Even the idolninja patch is inconsistent at best.

Pretty solid if you missed it the first go-round. I wonder if these will all be repeats.

Don't know if you can play the co-op anymore anyway (one gamespy shuts down).. I think the game used gamespy..
It's hit or miss in general. Lots of people had serious problems getting SR2 to work on PC. I won the Saints Row lottery and didn't have a single issue with it for my entire 80-odd hour run. I only played SP, though.

Best heroes behind a paywall... Not truly. Its been a long, long, time ago since I played and they mess with the heroes constantly but I had more fun playing with Daredevil than Wolverine. Granted, I couldn't even tell you who the free heroes are now... (When I played it was Thing, Daredevil, Scarlet Witch, Storm, and Hawkeye.)

Also with their free currency (Infinity Splinters, or something close to it) you can (or could save) fairly easily for the character you want.

As for playing F2P games and not getting bored... Its pretty much like any other game, love of mechanics, IP, and in two of those examples you listed the quest for better loot can all drive you to keep playing... To answer your question on in the steam trading thread... I haven't seen anyone list marvel heroes currency in a really long time. (I did find one on eBay... (link) Its a little higher priced than when they where common... But not by much.)
Replace "paywall" with "grindwall", and I'd agree with the original statement. Most of the heroes cost 200 or 400 Eternity Splinters, and you earn 200 ES for completing the first 8 chapters, plus additional splinters fall during gameplay... so yeah, grindwall.

The only items in the game that cannot fall for a free player are about 10 costumes. Everything else can fall randomly, or be acquired via grinding. (Oh, and stash space. Stash space isn't free. MH and PoE both charge for more space.)

The cash-equivalent gift cards have only been on sale once that I know of. The in-game store has had bonus sales (buy X, get X+15%)... which are a nice way to spend Gabenbux.

now they start to add the recently add steam games to sale future mega bundle call groupees mega stragety first bundle woo wooo u  know it 

Oh man Ubisoft just dropped the bombshell that Watch Dogs is only 900p/30fps on PS4. 2 days after a report that it was 1080p/60 on PS4 and Sony wrote it on their website and boasted "only on Playstation". This is some juicy drama, I'm lovin it even tho I own PS4.

Too get more on topic I will add that I'm glad I recently pre-ordered it on PC. 1200p or die.

MKoEWjf.jpg

Yup, but I got annoyed enough by a few side missions to quit before 100%.
Oh, frag, I don't mean 100% completion, just beating the game. I don't have the patience to 100% open worlds/sandboxes, and SR2 especially, considering how annoying a lot of the activities were.

First time I played that game, I ragequit one of the Guardian Angel activities on the last mission, called Pierce, and shot him in the face.

Yeah, it's worth the price to try it on PC.. but I think the game is better on consoles. Even the idolninja patch is inconsistent at best.
That's where I played it the first time. After the original Humble Deep Silver, I was curious enough about the mods on PC to install it and mess around with the patches/files to get it to work, and then I just kinda got swept up and beat it again.

Oh man Ubisoft just dropped the bombshell that Watch Dogs is only 900p/30fps on PS4. 2 days after a report that it was 1080p/60 on PS4 and Sony wrote it on their website and boasted "only on Playstation". This is some juicy drama, I'm lovin it even tho I own PS4.
1440p@144fps only on PC.

but only 1200p(16:10)@30fps-ish for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back