Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense (game's already in another bundle and is on sale on Steam this week). I already BTA'd at $1.77, didn't own any of the games so far (besides X-Blades), and Jack Orlando being in it means I can skip the $3-tier of the Flying Bundle 8 since I already have everything in it besides 3SwitcheD, which is also a Topware game eligible for this bundle. Not bad for my first GamesRage bundle. :mrgreen:
$1.77? What a :newbie: . I got in at $1.76. :bouncy:

It had something called Olegs, which were TOTALLY ORIGINAL and NOT A KNOCKOFF AT ALL and anyone who says otherwise is just a mean poopyhead.
Olegs?

2118852-2012_01_07_00004.jpg

Is there a more convenient way to change your Steam online status than to bring up your friend list and then set it at the top there?
You can put the status choices in your Steam taskbar icon menu by setting the following within the client:

Steam menu >> Settings >> Interface >> Set Taskbar Preferences and then check the boxes for the statuses you want to choose from.

Then you just click on the Steam icon in the taskbar and select the status you want.

ITT imac2much is one the nicest assholes you'll ever meet.

P.s. Good luck with the move! Stay away from those foetal boiled eggs though.
Thanks, I'll take that label :)

I am soooo tempted to FakeCAG and buy Transistor at launch (Bastion was one of my favorite games and I didn't regret buying it at launch). However, I'm wondering if it'll actually be on sale during the summer sale. I could probably wait a month or so.

I am soooo tempted to FakeCAG and buy Transistor at launch (Bastion was one of my favorite games and I didn't regret buying it at launch). However, I'm wondering if it'll actually be on sale during the summer sale. I could probably wait a month or so.
In the same boat. If I had enough card money/if it was on GMG I'd have already got it, but I'm still sitting on the fence...

Lame, you can't even register without owning ETS2.
You don't own ETS2? Lame.

Wow, Aspyr and 2K are pretty much having sales at every digital storefront except for Amazon and GMG, huh?
Amazon sells digital games???

When I saw this a while back I was surprised they're extending back to Civ III (same/similar code base, I presume), but looking at it again, I really wonder how that will work with non-steam copies of CIv IV.

Apparently actual Gauntlet is coming to Steam soon, so I guess the joke is on all of the people who paid for Hammerwatch recently.
<waits for $2/copy>

<plays Hammerwatch in the mean time>

I have no clue. My personal feeling are I either buy a game at launch or a I wait for at least 50% off. (That said holding out a month on Assetto Corsa saved me $10... a month I was already pretty busy.)

I think he literally brings up his pop out friends list every time he wants to change status instead of just doing it directly in the Friends tab in Steam like you are thinking. :rofl:
Yeah I do. I can't find how to do it the way you're describing, maybe it's due to the skin I'm using.

You can put the status choices in your Steam taskbar icon menu by setting the following within the client:

Steam menu >> Settings >> Interface >> Set Taskbar Preferences and then check the boxes for the statuses you want to choose from.

Then you just click on the Steam icon in the taskbar and select the status you want.
That'll do nicely, thanks!

I think you're actually the CAG version of Robin Hood. SAM from the rich and give Steam codes to the poor. Are you by chance a highly skilled archer and swordsman too?

In all seriousness, that's pretty lame that you got shunned by Playfire. However, I think it's even more depressing you'll have limited CAG contact in the future. Say it ain't so...

Regarding Transistor, I'm undecided as well. On one hand I loved Bastion as it was the prefect game with great timing when I stumbled upon it. Great soundtrack, an interesting world and story, and a fun action RPG. I just hope Transistor doesn't suffer from the built up hype, but reviews are positive so far. I'm thinking I could wait it out and hope it gets a decent discount in the Summer sale. That's only like what? 7-8 weeks away at this point?

So....what's the betting?

With the Humble Store Spring Sale ending Wednesday, might a Steam Spring Sale begin Thursday?
Summer Sale is like, one month away? I doubt it :)

If anything, soon a new batch of Summer Sale cards will start dropping for people who craft Badges I imagine.

So, ummm - is this game in Early Access or something?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/20/wolfenstein-the-new-order-technical-issues-the-problems-detailed-plus-a-few-fixes/

Wow @ the framerate and performance issues PCG lists...

Per the article at RPS, there was a 10GB patch that made the game playable for Nvidia owners, but AMD owners are still out of luck.

In other words... if you're dumb enough to pay full price for a game at launch, be sure to pay the extra money for Team Green too.

(I should point out that my gaming rig sports an Nvidia card, and I don't intend to sound like a fanboy. I DO intend to make fun of people who pay $60 for games, though.)

Wow, this is the first time I've been mentioned in this thread in a while. I didn't know there were such strong feelings about SAM! As MNS said, it's obvious from my daily achievements that I used SAM, so it's Playfire's right to ban me if that were the case. I didn't think I was being an "asshole" to anyone but reading the comments I can see why some people might think that. Sorry if I messed something up for people.

I haven't really been able to keep up with these threads since my wife and I have been traveling a lot lately. Pretty soon I won't be able to check the threads at all since I'm moving to a more censored country in a couple months. Hopefully the last mention of my name won't be of comparing me to an asshole... what would my future children think?!

Besides none of the games on the top of my wishlist have been on sale in months... Summer sale will be my last hurrah so it better give me something to spend these Gabe funbux on!!
Oh don't worry about it. Just because I'm all like "You guys are assholes!" doesn't mean there's any love lost. We're all just epic deal-hunters, so sometimes that turns us into pierats. I just would rather people not possibly expedite the transition from awesome Playfire to crappy Playfire, but as Lord Motoki has told me, all my fears have been spawned from my behind, and are nothing but the ravings of a madman.

As for being in a country with censored internet, behold! https://www.torproject.org/

That's a proxy browser, and while it's got limits and is going to be slower than your standard IP, you should be able to access anything you want with that (even the "Deep Web", if you so wanted).

I know nobody besides me and idiot probably cares but I just found out Dungeon Fighter Online reopened. Holy shitttttttt.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/14/dungeon-fighter-online-returns-from-the-dead/
Wat. I've never even played that game.

You liked Terraria, if I remember correctly. Minecraft is pretty much the 3D version of that with fewer monsters.

Clearly there's something there since millions of people freak out over it, but I think it's one of those games that either clicks with you right away or it doesn't. I will say that it's very different playing with other people than solo, though if you "tested" it I doubt you tried that part.
Actually playing online was what I did, with a friend of mine. Just about every server is a strange amalgam of different "game modes" which you can choose between, and the game modes are obscure, grindy, and unbelievably confusing.

One was a "Hunger Games" mode, which was simple enough. Everyone has to survive/kill each other, last man standing wins. Kind of a dumb mode, and not very popular (not many people playing).

Another was "Factions", and made no sense at all, not to mention the girl I was playing with said she hated it. You started out with some armor and a sword, and could enter portals like "The End" and "Nether", one of which was simply a pit you fell into and died (and lost whatever equipment you were given), while another was a strange dark place, then I jumped in a fountain looking thing and about 20 minutes of weird, existential blather proceeded to scroll across the screen, and then deposited me into an area with no one around and seemingly nowhere to go.

The last one I played, which my friend chose, was called "Prison". You start with nothing but a prisoner rank, and then have to leave the safety of the starting area, venturing into PvP areas where high level players simply wait at the entrances until someone leaves the safe zone and kill them immediately (regardless if they have anything, no matter how weak they are). If you can get past them, you can get to other safe zones with mining areas, so I got to an area where you could mine wood (lolol), which you could then put in a chest to "sell" to work towards increasing your prisoner rank. Unfortunately each wood was worth $1, and to increase your prisoner rank just once, you had to accumulate tens of thousands of dollars. Wat.

I'm sure single player, or a simple private server between a few friends exploring the world would be funner than what almost every server online is, but in all the time I played it all I can say is that it feels very dated, the combat is fairly awful, etc. I see the appeal of it to some, but having played Terraria, I simply feel that Terraria does everything Minecraft does, but better. No, you don't get those massive servers full of tons of people and game modes, but you don't need them. 2D or not, Terraria is massive, combat is excellent for what it is, the crafting is much more complex than Minecraft (I've even read as much), and all in all it just feels like a better, more coherent and fun game.

I respect Minecraft for being the godfather of the genre, but I just feel like "clones" have expanded upon and done much better in the genre since. I'm in the Terraria camp, but I'm sure many still swear by Minecraft and that's cool too.

Wat. I've never even played that game.
What? You've played Maple and not DFO? The fuck is the matter with you? :p

It's really good. Probably Nexon's best offering besides MS. They killed it though in America and other places for some unknown reason, but it looks like a new publisher is trying to bring it back.

Anyways, you and I should play once it's far enough along and you'll see why it's so great.

And Humble "Bundles." And Amazon DVG deals. Even GMG... Wherefore art thou, good deals???
This is the end of days. First the bundles are bad, the deals dry up, next the summer sale will suck. It's just a matter of time till we're all launched out of cannons into disparate corners of the earth with crappy internet.

Per the article at RPS, there was a 10GB patch that made the game playable for Nvidia owners, but AMD owners are still out of luck.

In other words... if you're dumb enough to pay full price for a game at launch, be sure to pay the extra money for Team Green too.

(I should point out that my gaming rig sports an Nvidia card, and I don't intend to sound like a fanboy. I DO intend to make fun of people who pay $60 for games, though.)
Well allow me to sound like a fanboy in that case, albeit one that flip flops back and forth between brands since the days of my Riva TNT + Voodoo combo. This is situation normal for AMD for the past few years. Just about any new AAA crap that comes out these days has an issue with AMD that requires weeks to get fixed via either a patch or a driver update. I really wish AMD would get their shit together because it's made Nvida lazy as hell. I used to buy a video card every single year and it made me happy. Now I still buy one every single year but it's usually just a stupid refresh which makes me sad.

Well allow me to sound like a fanboy in that case, albeit one that flip flops back and forth between brands since the days of my Riva TNT + Voodoo combo. This is situation normal for AMD for the past few years. Just about any new AAA crap that comes out these days has an issue with AMD that requires weeks to get fixed via either a patch or a driver update. I really wish AMD would get their shit together because it's made Nvida lazy as hell. I used to buy a video card every single year and it made me happy. Now I still buy one every single year but it's usually just a stupid refresh which makes me sad.
This is true, although the article mentions issues with NVIDIA too.

This is the end of days. First the bundles are bad, the deals dry up, next the summer sale will suck. It's just a matter of time till we're all launched out of cannons into disparate corners of the earth with crappy internet.
Dogs and cats, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Nvidia cards are so good fan boys buy the same one each year, but under a different name.
While this is certainly true for a LOT of people, I just like tinkering with my PC. I'm constantly upgrading or replacing something. Times are tough these days though, the upgrades don't come nearly as fast as they did in the golden era of the PC.

While this is certainly true for a LOT of people, I just like tinkering with my PC. I'm constantly upgrading or replacing something. Times are tough these days though, the upgrades don't come nearly as fast as they did in the golden era of the PC.
Yeah, being a CAG I just go with the cheapest ones which tend to be AMD, though I did have an Nvidia in my last build. AMD does tend to be slower on the patches, but being a #RealCAG I don't ever play too many games soon enough for it to really be an issue for me.

Yeah, being a CAG I just go with the cheapest ones which tend to be AMD, though I did have an Nvidia in my last build. AMD does tend to be slower on the patches, but being a #RealCAG I don't ever play too many games soon enough for it to really be an issue for me.
the only thing that should be considered when buying a graphics card is which free games it comes with.

dumbasses

I will never forget my wonderful Athlon T-Bird, one of the best CPUs I ever owned that nearly brought Intel to its knees. I wish that AMD was still around.

the only thing that should be considered when buying a graphics card is which free games it comes with.

dumbasses
One of reasons I haven't upgrade my GPU. :p

Having limited amount of money helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back