Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness, why am I tempted to buy Collapse?
"Fantastic discount for excellent game! "

"Only this weekend you can purchase the true-Russian game Collapse with fantastic 75% discount! There can be no better time to make an unforgetable journey with a brave warrior Rodan and face the evil alien menice. Ruins of postapocalyptic Ukraine await you! "

"In 2013 the Central Europe (Ukraine, Kiev) witnessed a catastrophe. Everybody was mystified by its cause. What happened was beyond peoples comprehension. Somebody called it the collision of worlds or the stratification of two dimensions.

The major part of Ukraine turned into the zone of paranormal phenomena. Numbers of people were killed. Those who stayed alive and managed to leave the zone told improbable stories…the zone lived according to its own laws."

To learn new English skills of language by much playing Eastern European games of video!

Holy crap I don't remeber typewriters having such realistic graphics. She looks just like a real person.
When I discovered a few years ago that she wasn't a real person I was incredibly distraught... almost as much when someone made it clear how racist it would be to crossplay as her.

So they added Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC as a bonus game on the GamesRage.org bundle.

Lying cheating bastardos!

DLC =/= Game

Needless to say ...
photo-484551.jpg

So they added Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC as a bonus game on the GamesRage.org bundle.

DLC =/= Game

Needless to say ...
photo-484551.jpg
FWIW it really does play like a whole other game both in length and the fact that it's in a entirely separate area that you can't travel back and forth from. They probably should have just made it a stand alone because it really is except for the requiring TW2 part.

That being said, it is an odd choice to put a DLC in the lower tier that requires the base game in the higher tier (even if the higher tier is under $2 :p).

There's no way someone can love Obliviblah and Skydull and then appreciate Morrowind. Mark my words, he'll be back in no time to ask where Caius Cosades is.
I think if you try much harder on your wordplay you will have a stroke.

Seriously, Brute, I'm worried for you.

FWIW it really does play like a whole other game both in length and the fact that it's in a entirely separate area that you can't travel back and forth from. They probably should have just made it a stand alone because it really is except for the requiring TW2 part.

That being said, it is an odd choice to put a DLC in the lower tier that requires the base game in the higher tier (even if the higher tier is under $2 :p).
They're trying to get you to buy the Entire Bundle - that's why.

By selling you the DLC so cheap (1st tier) - if you're missing the base-game, they're hoping you feel forced to force yourself to buy the 2nd Tier (b/c base-game's in 2nd tier).

2W2 (base-game) Steam-keys were in other bundles before elsewhere, right?

HLTB says that 2W2: PotFF DLC is about 10 1/2 hours.

That expansion is MUCH longer than Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.
It's still false advertising dagnabbit!

It's very strange. Although Groupees have done it before if I remember rightly.

Morrowind has MUCH more freedom (in some ways) than the other two (Skyrim + Oblivion); and the actual ENVIRONMENTS are probably the best stuff they've ever done overall in this particular series. While Skyrim and (especially Oblivion) are much more traditional to what we normally see in RPG's, fantasy, medieval, and those genre - Morrowind's is just way MORE off-beat in comparison. Morrowind's best boss-fight is probably in the Tribunal expansion; and the werewolf-based stuff Bloodmoon was great.

What I mean by the "freedom" - in Morrowind, you CAN kill key figures (like Lord Vivec) that you actually need to keep alive to actually finish the main quest - and you can actually BREAK the Main Quest....to the point you CANNOT finish the game. And the game will warn you, if you succeed - "To continue main quest, please load an earlier save...or live forever in a broken world" - or to something of that sort and effect. If you ever wanted to sandbox the hell out of a game and say "Toss the main quest" by killing off key figures like Lord Vivec, you can do so - and if you can kill Lord Vivec, BRAVO! :D That is NOT easy to do!

Pretty much, Oblivion and Skyrim cut this kind of stuff off - so you can't break the game.
I really wasn't sure if the game was a more dated version of ES IV and V, so thank you for the detailed response. I like the idea of breaking the main quest as well as the additional freedom aspect so I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale again.

If you can give me $5 Amazon GC, I could do a split with you, but first thing's first.

Is the Stronghold Collection or NBA2k13 worth $5? Those are the only two I'm really looking at tbh. I'd look at BL1: GotY if it was included.

I know NBA2k13 had its online removed, but I remember people in this thread saying it was kind of better than 2k14, which I already got for <$3.
stronghold collection is steamworks says on their page and it is fun there three modes for the first one.

Apparently Ubisoft accidentally left some settings in the ini file to "console" quality. If you switch them around you get some good graphics.

*Update, it appears the setting does nothing and the game looks the same whether its on or off. These screens are allegedly downsampled from 4k and that may be why they look so nice.

ib1qxpznC47gxj.jpg

ibsWH7Wk93iftK.jpg

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
202 hrs on record
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
68 hrs on record
I was miserable the entire 270 hours, honest.
i believe you. sometimes, to remember to appreciate good games, you have to torture yourself with hundreds of hours of games you can't stand

Do we need to arrange an intervention?
Haha. I'm a huge fan of Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander, and this is pretty much the sequel minus Chris Taylor. There's lots of key designers from both games working on Planetary. It's also getting good buzz and the developers are doing a nice job with the Early Access roll-out.

You should make friends with some Russians.
Hmm... that's not a bad idea.

Well, I finished Transistor today and I'm about halfway through another playthrough.

Mini-review (no story spoilers, mild gameplay spoilers):

I absolutely adore this game! The visuals are a treat in themselves, but much like with Supergiant's other game (Bastion), the gorgeous presentation plays second fiddle to the excellent gameplay. Actually, I know some people thought Bastion's gameplay was too simple, but you most likely will not find that an issue in Transistor. Even after 8 hours of playtime, I'm *still* earning new moves and fiddling with combinations to achieve maximum efficiency. I also enjoy how the game can be as simple or as complex as you want, without the use of some obtuse difficulty setting. Instead, Transistor uses "limiters" (similar to Bastion's idols) that affect the game in various different ways in order to reward you with more experience.

The vocals are great and I love the fact that Red's profession as a singer is apparent throughout the game. Logan's voice (the narrator from Bastion) gives Transistor the Supergiant flair, though I wonder if they would still use him again in any other game. The music is excellent as always, and while the story didn't grab me completely, I still found it a step up from Bastion.

My main complaint is the poor optimization. Transistor has crashed on me probably about 15 times, though 12 of those times were during performance trials in the arena area. I'm not sure what it is, but that test constantly freezes my game at random intervals even when the normal campaign hardly gives me any problem. This is a pretty big nuisance since some tests can have 7 waves without saves, and my game has crashed on waves 5 and 6 a couple times already. Bleh.

I'm buying this when it goes cheap on Steam.

Oh and she got a makeover. No more 80s Janet Jackson in a powersuit look. She's going for more of a Michelle Obama goes preppy look these days.

header_292x136.jpg
For best typing game...

Allow me to throw this into the ring.

http://www.holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/

/snippity
Thanks for the review, Imac, your views seem to echo what I've been reading on the game. I think I'm gonna wait on it myself, in the hopes that the bugs are ironed out before it goes on its first sale (hopefully this summer :))

Priceless.

Sad indeed. I hope he has a speedy (and full) recovery... Not just because I like him and his videos but because I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Not a good way to go.

I am sort of curious how long it took for him and his doctor to go through his options...?
Karma's a bitch.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cnFyTTfeYUgJ:https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/128836571297349632+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I have zero idea the context of that tweet tho.

Get out of here with your next gen graphics. We used this on a typewritter (do you even know what that is?).
Manual or electric?

Well, that's some damn nice water. Dunno what's up with those crates in the background of the second pic though, looks like they're missing textures.
Its a modern art sculpture... (Okay, probably not.)

Hell, I can barely follow how twitter works on a good day...

"Lonely local Fox wants to play with you, click here to chat now!"
No one played with me :(

I ended up finishing Doorways 1 and 2 though. The first level is pretty boring so I can see why someone would get turned off by it, but it gets increasingly better as the Chapter goes along. The first part (The woods or forest) is as someone else put it "hopping around in the dark." Once you get past that the areas get better and the end of Chapter 1 is pretty good if you like creepy adventure games. Chapter 2 is even better with the story and puzzles. So I definitely recommend it for fans of creepy adventure games and there is a really good guide on Steam if you ever get stuck.

Also, this is the back story for that tweet:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1s8n9

And TB apologized to the kid recently and called himself a cunt for posting that.

I think everyone knows I'm not a big fan of TB's videos, but this whole "karma" angle is a bit overblown.  Yes, the comment is a fucked up comment to make, but obviously the guy was just pissed off and talking shit and not seriously wishing cancer or death on the guy.  It was immature, if anything, but certainly nothing to judge the guy on.  I mean from the videos you know the guy has a mouth of sailor and frankly that's the most entertaining part of what he does.  

Also, this is the back story for that tweet:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1s8n9

And TB apologized to the kid recently and called himself a cunt for posting that.

I think everyone knows I'm not a big fan of TB's videos, but this whole "karma" angle is a bit overblown. Yes, the comment is a fucked up comment to make, but obviously the guy was just pissed off and talking shit and not seriously wishing cancer or death on the guy. It was immature, if anything, but certainly nothing to judge the guy on. I mean from the videos you know the guy has a mouth of sailor and frankly that's the most entertaining part of what he does.
Twitter should also be the sole means used for all international diplomacy.

I think everyone knows I'm not a big fan of TB's videos, but this whole "karma" angle is a bit overblown. Yes, the comment is a fucked up comment to make, but obviously the guy was just pissed off and talking shit and not seriously wishing cancer or death on the guy. It was immature, if anything, but certainly nothing to judge the guy on. I mean from the videos you know the guy has a mouth of sailor and frankly that's the most entertaining part of what he does.
I find his mouth to be rather tame... Then again I got nine years AS a sailor. ;)

"Fantastic discount for excellent game! "

"Only this weekend you can purchase the true-Russian game Collapse with fantastic 75% discount! There can be no better time to make an unforgetable journey with a brave warrior Rodan and face the evil alien menice. Ruins of postapocalyptic Ukraine await you! "

"In 2013 the Central Europe (Ukraine, Kiev) witnessed a catastrophe. Everybody was mystified by its cause. What happened was beyond peoples comprehension. Somebody called it the collision of worlds or the stratification of two dimensions.

The major part of Ukraine turned into the zone of paranormal phenomena. Numbers of people were killed. Those who stayed alive and managed to leave the zone told improbable stories…the zone lived according to its own laws."

To learn new English skills of language by much playing Eastern European games of video!

When I discovered a few years ago that she wasn't a real person I was incredibly distraught... almost as much when someone made it clear how racist it would be to crossplay as her.
I feel like there's a Russia-Ukraine conflict joke in there somewhere...

DLC =/= Game

Needless to say ...
photo-484551.jpg
Yeah, I'm pissed too. Mainly because I spent 295 Tremor Coins on the DLC, because it only said bonus "games" and not DLC.

Guess that gives me a spare then.

I'm sorry in advance 4Y0GG-YM20R-EPZM7
I checked the key to see what terrible piece of garbage it was, expecting the "Duplicate Product Code" page, but lo and behold, I own this game already (twice!). Truly I have become a Steam hoarding monster.

Of course I know what a typewriter is. I've even seen one before, in a museum.
I have not one, but two typewriters, given to me by my folks. Am I retro enough to be a hipster yet?

I find his mouth to be rather tame... Then again I got nine years AS a sailor. ;)
I probably curse a lot more than a healthy amount (maybe it's a NY thing). If you think my rate on here is bad, I had a phone call with a friend yesterday who hates cursing, and despite my best efforts not to, I slipped up about 10 times during casual conversation. I'm terrible. :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back