Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So rather than just give keys away to you greedy bastards, I am running a contest. Deadline is sometime in the next 12 hours.

One entry per person, and my favorites will get to pick from my bundle dupe spreadsheet.

The show Whose Line is it Anyway . . .

Scenes From a Hat . . .

Things you can say . . .

[customspoiler=Example clips]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KslHL4nW-E[/customspoiler]

Things you can say about your Steam collection, but not your girlfriend.
"I actually have a Steam collection..."

I've been sassing IndieGala about their voxel charity on any site I use that they promote their game on. On steam I was banned from the forums for literally just saying "I'd have the 9.99 to buy this game if I hadn't given it all to your voxel charity..."

I posted the same thing on their facebook page and this was the response I got: 

""Hi [Steampunkwillie], we'll unlock a game key soon for all the galaprojectX contributors over a certain treshold. Stay tuned."

I'd just like to point out I pre-ordered Backstage Pass with beta access for $30 several months ago.

Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but for what it is its done much better than most visual novels getting in lately.

So I remembered signing up for some beta testing thing and I saw some of you were beta testing some stuff, so I just got an email from VMC requesting a whole bunch of crap (NDA, system specs, etc.) I assume this is the company you guys signed up for as well and everything is legit?  I don't want to be Catfished.  Again.  

So I remembered signing up for some beta testing thing and I saw some of you were beta testing some stuff, so I just got an email from VMC requesting a whole bunch of crap (NDA, system specs, etc.) I assume this is the company you guys signed up for as well and everything is legit? I don't want to be Catfished. Again.
I got the same email. You may want to send me all of your info, just in case, and I'll make sure it's given to the right people.

Did anyone see NewEgg's Square Enix Sale?

There's an extra 15% off coupon off ONLY on Square Enix titles, too - check your e-mail.

15% off CODE = EMCPEHA86 -> credit to CarnivalMadness for mentioning it.

Many of these have Steam keys.

I'll highlight some of these.

You find any others you think are noteworthy, let me know. I'll add 'em.

Steam Game = Price before coupon / Price after coupon:

Dungeon Siege 1 (base) = $1.99 / $1.69

Dungeon Siege 2 (base) = $1.99 / $1.69

Dungeon Siege 3 (base) = $3.99 / $3.39

NOTE: Steam-versions of DS1+2 don't include MP nor expansion(s), but retail expansions owners...

...if you have the base-game + expansions from retail, you might be able to work-around this. You might be able to "plaster" your expansions onto and into the Steam-version.

Do so at your own risk - good luck on getting them to work!

Check here and also there on info on how to "plaster" them.

I do have both DS: LOA Edition & DS2 + BW expansion from retail...

...but I don't have DS1+2 from Steam, so I ain't tried any of these plastering tricks.

Thief 1: Gold Edition = $1.99 / $1.69

Thief 2: The Metal Age = $1.99 / $1.69

Thief [2014]: Regular = $19.99 / $16.99 -> side note: this been cheaper even for Master Ed on GMG before

Tomb Raider [2013]: GOTY Edition = $5.99 / $5.09

Tomb Raider [2013]: Regular Ed. (base game) = $4.99 / $4.24

Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light (base) = $2.99 / $2.54

Hitman: Absolution - Professional Ed. = $6.99 / $5.94

Hitman: Absolution - Regular Ed. = $5.99 / $5.09

Supreme Commander 2 (base) = $2.99 / $2.54.

Sleeping Dogs (base) = $5.99 / $5.09

Just Cause 2 (base) = $4.99 / $4.24

So I remembered signing up for some beta testing thing and I saw some of you were beta testing some stuff, so I just got an email from VMC requesting a whole bunch of crap (NDA, system specs, etc.) I assume this is the company you guys signed up for as well and everything is legit? I don't want to be Catfished. Again.
I got the same thing so if it's not legitimate it's a heck of a coincidence. Of course I'm also talking to a certain Mgambe Nahouti who is senior vice-chairman of the Nigerian Petroleum Economic Bank and been giving him some information. I can't go into details but I'm sure I'll be buying a lot more games in the near future.

Did anyone see NewEgg's Square Enix Sale?

There's an extra 15% off coupon off ONLY on Square Enix titles, too - check your e-mail.

Many of these have Steam keys.

I'll highlight some of these.

You find any others you think are noteworthy, let me know. I'll add 'em.

Steam Game = Price before coupon / Price after coupon:

Dungeon Siege 1 (base) = $1.99 / $1.69

Dungeon Siege 2 (base) = $1.99 / $1.69

Dungeon Siege 3 (base) = $3.99 / $3.39

NOTE: Steam-versions of DS1+2 don't include MP nor expansion. You will need to consult the Steam-boards, if you have them from retail - on how to "plaster" your expansions onto and into the Steam-version. Do so at your own risk.

Thief 1: Gold = $1.99 / $1.69

Thief 2: The Metal Age = $1.99 / $1.69

Thief [2014]: Regular = $19.99 / $16.99 -> side note: this been cheaper even for Master Ed on GMG before

Tomb Raider [2013]: GOTY = $5.99 / $5.09

Tomb Raider [2013]: Regular = $4.99 / $4.24

Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light = $2.99 / $2.54

Supreme Commander 2 = $2.99 / $2.54.
The 15% off coupon code is EMCPEHA86 for email subscribers. (At the bottom of their email promotion.)

"One has given me satisfaction, the other has not."

"Worth $6582.49; $2.33 cost per hour."
Holy shit... I haven't checked mine in awhile.

"Over the last 23 months, you've spent 1324.4 hours playing this selection, which includes 949 items, is valued at $11075.84, and requires 2600.3 GB"

Yeah, the music thing was weird. You get in, hear music, think "Oh, radio stations" but nope. I guess I just carry one CD around with me or something. Clothing was weird as well, I wasn't looking for Saints Row but even Mafia II let me run around in a suit, trench coat or my shirt sleeves. I know there's other cosmetic changes beyond "just" color but no matter what you're stuck wearing that goofy coat. Is there a wider selection at other stores? I only saw six options at the store I visited; one was the base coat I owned and the other five were (mainly) color changes with the same coat/hat/bandana mask combo.

Driving didn't feel any better to me than in SRTT/SR4. I largely played keyboard although I did pick up the controller at one point. As an aside, I like how the game immediately picks up on what input method you're using and changes all the prompts accordingly. Maybe I'm just out of practice but my driving had me lurching around in traffic like a newborn fawn trying to run. Ironically, I did best on the motorcycles -- usually motorcycles are a quick way to turn me into a human missile. It's certainly not unplayable though (hey, I made it through both SR games) and I'm willing to see if I get better at it.
Well, in the beta I went to one store and there were like 50 choices (all of which are mostly recolors, like you said), so I couldn't tell you. The full game is obviously different.

And I dunno, the driving felt a lot better than SRTT and SR4 for me, but I'm also pretty picky and pay a lot of attention to driving in games, so maybe I'm just noticing some subtleties. I also played a lot of the race mode, like I said, and I was able to get a really good feel for the driving system. A race mode in SRTT would have been pretty shitty, because the driving physics and controls in that just aren't as good.

Jeebus that's a good bundle. Alien Rage looks awesome, I've been waiting for Reincarnation to hit a bundle, I want Sniper V2, and hell, even Deadly 30 is a great little indie game (I have it DRM-free). Seriously good bundle.

Humble Weekly time.

RPG Maker week
310.gif

Jeez... I'm probably in for the top tier for Game Character Hub and everything.

Hopefully it's a sign they're going to be running some more projects, because I haven't gotten anything from them since the Watch Dogs one. That email is just asking you to make sure all the info they have on what systems you have, what your specs are, etc so that you can change it if need be.

And I dunno, the driving felt a lot better than SRTT and SR4 for me, but I'm also pretty picky and pay a lot of attention to driving in games, so maybe I'm just noticing some subtleties. I also played a lot of the race mode, like I said, and I was able to get a really good feel for the driving system. A race mode in SRTT would have been pretty shitty, because the driving physics and controls in that just aren't as good.
How would you compare it to the driving in Sleeping Dogs? (I'm specifically thinking of the supercar dlc.) That was the best driving in an open world (non-racing) game I've played.

Holy shit... I haven't checked mine in awhile.

"Over the last 23 months, you've spent 1324.4 hours playing this selection, which includes 949 items, is valued at $11075.84, and requires 2600.3 GB"
"Over the last 3 years, you've spent 4218.9 hours playing this selection, which includes 1814 items, is valued at $19870.62, and requires 4456.9 GB"

Woo, almost 20k!

First time I've managed to get a key this way... and I have it. Thanks regardless!

Is there a way to unlink this key from my humble account?
You can just drop the url for the emailed gift-page in thread to regurgitate it. (and the we can all see whomever redeems that)

Got the same, but it could just be a scammer that's been reading CAG and knows we're all suckers...

If you buy the Bundlestars Vendetta Bundle then make sure you use these keys from Alienware Arena if you claimed them when they were around(they are long gone otherwise)

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Multiplayer Character Pack

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Collector's Edition Upgrade
So, the description on the Special Edition (and the digital extras pack) says it includes the soundtrack and four exclusive multiplayer characters. Have you tried putting both of those codes in? I'm just wondering if the multi pack is redundant.

Thanks, I was kinda wondering about that.

Not nearly as much sense of accomplishment as the old key-steamclient redeem method.
Sort of, but I prefer it this way for lots of keys. It's a pain in the ass opening and closing the key redeem window, clicking through shit every time, having Steam lock up for 2-5 seconds per key, etc. Steam REALLY needs to redeem keys like Desura does, it's annoying as hell.

Nice that everything is separate in this bundle though. Now I can try pawning off the couple DLC bits I already have.

Got the same, but it could just be a scammer that's been reading CAG and knows we're all suckers...
I actually was part of a beta test much earlier this month, for a game that came out a couple days ago (wink), it's from the same people. VMC is the company.
The part where it asked cheaplikeafox his system specs is so they have them on file so they know for specific games who can actually PLAY the game they would be testing, because he listed computer as one of the systems he would be available to test games on. Seriously, there isn't really anything "sketchy" someone can do with your computer specs.
I got an email with my profile just earlier today, had sent the DxDiag earlier and this is how it shows up (Basically the things they care about).

So, the description on the Special Edition (and the digital extras pack) says it includes the soundtrack and four exclusive multiplayer characters. Have you tried putting both of those codes in? I'm just wondering if the multi pack is redundant.
LOL... and only on CAG is there serious discussion on maximizing giveaway dlc for a metacritic 50ish game disliked by 58% of steam reviews.

Shit... I just found I did get in on that giveaway... aargh, now I feel somewhat compelled to snag that bundle.

Sort of, but I prefer it this way for lots of keys. It's a pain in the ass opening and closing the key redeem window, clicking through shit every time, having Steam lock up for 2-5 seconds per key, etc. Steam REALLY needs to redeem keys like Origin does, it's annoying as hell.

Nice that everything is separate in this bundle though. Now I can try pawning off the couple DLC bits I already have.
^_^ Yeah separate keys are awesome... the rest of it was tongue-in-cheek... though redeeming a batch of keys the old way is always an ordeal. (Personally I really hate having to fire up a Mac/Win/Lin client app to redeem keys.)

That's it, I'm giving up on Watch Dogs til they patch this shit. I can't run it with a steady fps unless I turn textures to the lowest setting, which is "Medium" and limit the game to 30fps. And even then, it still gets sluggish when I drive or just at random times. I was in denial but I'm ready to admit it, this game is in a sorry state.

At least I have Battleheart Legacy to play in the meantime, game of the year!

That's it, I'm giving up on Watch Dogs til they patch this shit. I can't run it with a steady fps unless I turn textures to the lowest setting, which is "Medium" and limit the game to 30fps. And even then, it still gets sluggish when I drive or just at random times. I was in denial but I'm ready to admit it, this game is in a sorry state.

At least I have Battleheart Legacy to play in the meantime, game of the year!
What GPU do you have?

For you guys going EWW COOTIES over Backstage Pass it plays similar to Magical Diary and I know several people here like that game.

Admittedly that song is cheesy as all hell and the game is girly but if you can look past that it's a well made visual novel / dating sim that you can tell a lot of effort was put into.

Besides, after playing Sparkle Ponies and Long Living Queens and Coconut Queens being fed succulent fruits by brawny gents (okay I did instigate that last one) and I don't most of us here can claim gaming masculinity anymore.

Personally if I were Sake Visual I would have done the Jisei trilogy as the first Steam release since I think a murder mystery is a bit more mainstream, but for some reason she wanted to do her new game first. It's not for everyone but it's well made for what it is.

For you guys going EWW COOTIES over Backstage Pass it plays similar to Magical Diary and I know several people here like that game.

Admittedly that song is cheesy as all hell and the game is girly but if you can look past that it's a well made visual novel / dating sim that you can tell a lot of effort was put into.

Besides, after playing Sparkle Ponies and Long Living Queens and Coconut Queens being fed succulent fruits by brawny gents (okay I did instigate that last one) and I don't most of us here can claim gaming masculinity anymore.

Personally if I were Sake Visual I would have done the Jisei trilogy as the first Steam release since I think a murder mystery is a bit more mainstream, but for some reason she wanted to do her new game first. It's not for everyone but it's well made for what it is.
Couldn't you have settled for "it's not everyone's cup of tea"? I find it hard to imagine Mooby ever playing a game like this, no matter how much I'd love to watch him do so.

I managed to play Black Flag fine with good settings once I forced triple buffering, there is something very wrong with textures in Watch Dogs. People with top of the line setups (not me) and they have to put textures to minimum to eliminate stuttering, it ain't right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back