Steam: Deus Ex 1 and 2 ($2.49 each, $4.98 for both.)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
As the Midweek Madness, it's Deus Ex 1 and 2. (Again!) Here's the front page summary:

spotlight_deus_ex_10.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/296/

Happy 10th Birthday, Deus Ex
"June 22nd marks the 10-year birthday of the hit Deus Ex. In celebration, Both Deus Ex titles are on sale for 75% off for just 24 hours."
"Offer ends 3pm Pacific time on June 23rd."

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition ($2.49, usually $9.99) [Metacritic: 90]
Deus Ex: Invisible War ($2.49, usually $9.99) [Metacritic: 80]
Both Deus Ex 1 and 2 ($4.98, usually $19.98)

I bought Deus Ex: GOTY when Steam offered it for $2.50 back in April. With the sale back, I'm wondering if I should grab Invisible War for the same price.

Sadly, the window is shorter than usual, ending on the 23rd instead of sometime Thursday or Friday.

UPDATE: DukeEdwardI has some good mod recommendations, which he shared with CAGer's during the last Deus Ex sale:

[quote name='"DukeEdwardI"'][Recommended Mods:]
New Vision Mod
Shifter Mod
The Nameless Mod

You'll need this:

Enhanced OpenGL Renderer

And keep in mind that with all mod-capable games, it takes a while to learn the process (it does with Oblivion/Fallout 3 anyway). These are the guides that I've bookmarked:

Deus Ex on Modern Systems
Deus Ex, Steam and You: THEY KINDA WORK TOGETHER[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vegan']I know what site we're on, but are you seriously whining about two dollars and fifty cents depreciating the value of something you bought ten years ago?[/QUOTE]

What? I was complaining about how dumb I was for rebuying something that I already have on CD.

[quote name='tcolberg']What? I was complaining about how dumb I was for rebuying something that I already have on CD.[/QUOTE]

For a few bucks!

I can fully confirm Deus Ex runs good on a EEE PC 1000HA. Even has resolution support for 1024x600. The audio issues are still in tact on my laptop but the game runs smooth and playable. Ran though the tutorial real quick. If anybody has any questions let me know and thanks for the feedback earlier everybody much appreciated.

man, i wish i would have known this deal was going on...I've been wanting to pick up Deus Ex for a while now...

I must be the only one here; but replaying the game now, it doesn't hold up very well if you ask me. Playing it now really shows how many flaws the game really had. It is very hard to figure out where to go without a proper map. Everything kinda looks the same, which doesn't help in the navigation department. There are so many buttons that you need to use that it can be difficult to control when in heated situations. I always found it very hard to find healing items and such, which can make the game very difficult at times. When I have no legs and no health packs, I feel like just giving up.

I dunno but I always found this game to be a bit overrated. I can understand why people like it, and it was quite revolutionary at its time. However, it hasn't aged well. I am excited for the next game in the series, because if they can follow this same formula but with modern gameplay mechanics, the game will be amazing. Invisible War tried this, it succeeded at some points, but not in others.

My two cents, for what it's worth. Totally worth the cash though.

bread's done
Back