Steam - Dreamkiller 25% off this Weekend

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
header.jpg

To coincide with a free weekend of play, Dreamkiller is available for $22.49 (25% off)

Metacritic (50)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']From what I've seen, the game is absolute garbage. It'll go waaaay lower than this if you really want it.[/QUOTE]

ditto. they should've made it 75% off.

The girl who voiced Rayne in the Bloodrayne games voices the main character...

that... that's almost enough for me to want to try it. I'm such a dork.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The girl who voiced Rayne in the Bloodrayne games voices the main character...

that... that's almost enough for me to want to try it. I'm such a dork.[/QUOTE]
Just look up videos of Laura Bailey.

No money out of your pocket, free eye candy and ear sex.

this game has some high system requirements, considering how crappy the graphics are (from a preview I read months ago, maybe they improved, I don't know).

I remember seeing an early video of this. At the beginning it sounded really interesting and then they showed gameplay... I have never closed a window on firefox so quickly before....

[quote name='Tsukento']Just look up videos of Laura Bailey.

No money out of your pocket, free eye candy and ear sex.[/QUOTE]
Holy smokes. She is scrumptious in real life.

Played it for a bit and $22.50 is a bit more than I would want to pay for it. It feels a bit like Serious Sam but not as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it out. I wouldn't say it's a particularly good game, but it seems like a better Painkiller sequel than Overdose or Resurrection (not that the plot has anything to do with Painkiller). Plus I'm sure you could play the whole thing through in one or two days, so the free weekend seems perfect (but strange). Isn't free weekend usually for multiplayer games? Painkiller multiplayer was pretty fun, but I doubt there'll be many Dreamkiller players after this weekend.

[quote name='crumrin114']... it seems like a better Painkiller sequel than Overdose ...[/QUOTE]

It's the same developers as Overdose. They seem to find it hard to leave Painkiller's orbit. First a mod, then a sequel, now a clone. Actually, I'd guess it started as a followup to Overdose but Dreamcatcher wasn't interested.

I especially like how the first "patient" (level) is afraid of spiders, then the second patient is afraid of overwork... and spiders. Because once you've built a spider enemy, you might as well keep reskinning and using it. I'd assume it keeps going like that, but 2 levels was enough for me. I really think this is a game that would sell better with a discount alone, no free weekend.

bread's done
Back