Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition: $48.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought Osmos. Well worth $2. For an indie game it feels very polished... great soundtrack and fun mechanics.

I had Dragon Age retail but I HAD to get it on steam and was waiting for a deal. So here we are.. bought it. Time to sell off my retail one =) Love steam too much =(

[quote name='aznguyen316']I had Dragon Age retail but I HAD to get it on steam and was waiting for a deal. So here we are.. bought it. Time to sell off my retail one =) Love steam too much =([/QUOTE]

Is there any advantages of the Steam version Vs. Retail? I'm very tempted to bite on the Digital "exclusive" version at that price but I could easily get the Collector's Edition for around that price.

Also :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:! @ Farcry 2 Fortunes edition being on sale right after I just bought the retail version for like 5 bucks.

[quote name='Aku']Is there any advantages of the Steam version Vs. Retail?[/QUOTE]
Well, if you're ever using another computer, you can log into Steam and install any game you've bought without needing to lug around any installation discs or serial keys. That and Steam has a habit of selling games cheaper during sales and what not (no tax either, unless you live in one of those states that charges tax for online sales).

[quote name='Tsukento']Well, if you're ever using another computer, you can log into Steam and install any game you've bought without needing to lug around any installation discs or serial keys. That and Steam has a habit of selling games cheaper during sales and what not (no tax either, unless you live in one of those states that charges tax for online sales).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and after looking at the collector's edition online it doesn't really seem like that big of a deal. Nice case but the manuals crap! I was hoping for something along the lines of what I got with my copy of Neverwinter Nights which is a freaking spiraled book.

Anybody else having trouble getting steam to load? :( I wants to give the moneys but it's loading blank pages.

[quote name='Geello']So, I get the THQ pack and I go to start downloading the games on my desktop. I get 4 or 5 games to start downloading when all of a sudden Steam shuts down and auto updates.

Now whenever I start it I get the Steam - 732897 is not responding error and the corresponding white screen of death.

Looks like i'm going to have to uninstall Steam, along with 150gb of games, on the off chance that it will actually work when I reinstall it. That's according to the Steam forums since Valve won't actually respond about the issue that people are having. FML.[/QUOTE]Geelo, on the few occassions I've had trouble with Steam it has been solved by deleting/renaming the clientregistry.blob file. Here's a Steam support link - hopefully it saves you from redownloading everything: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7241-EYON-2343

So, for those of you that have bought the CE version of Dragon Age from Steam, can you tell me how the following codes are split (assuming they come in codes)

Warden's Keep
Blood Dragon Armor
Shale
The 3 bonus items

Do you get a code for each of them or what? I know I asked something similar earlier in the thread, but I didn't ask for all of these and I just want to make sure before I buy it (thinking of buying the CE regardless of being able to sell my physical copy before the sale is up and just trying to unload the physical copy when I can). Thanks

[quote name='cheaphuck']Does FarCry still use SecureRom?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If you look at the games page on Steam it will list any DRM included.

3rd-party DRM:
SecuROM™
5 machine activation limit

Probably gonna grab GRID for sure. I'm not sure about getting the Lucasarts or THQ packs since I already have some of the games from them.

From the Lucasarts pack I already have the Indiana Jones games , The Dig , Loom and Monkey Island. From the THQ pack the only games I don't have are Company of Heroes : Tales of Valor , the Red Faction games , Saints Row 2 and Warhammer : Dawn of War 2.

Would either of the two bundles still be worth getting given the games I already have , or should I wait and see if some of the smaller bundles or individual games go on sale?

[quote name='mva5580']You guys and your DRM fear-mongering crack me up.[/QUOTE]

Call it what you want. Some of us would just rather not have that harsh restrictive crap on our system. And at least we are paying for our shit. To this day I still think SecureRom was the reason my DVD-Drive did not work properly under Windows XP.

[quote name='Ryukahn']So, for those of you that have bought the CE version of Dragon Age from Steam, can you tell me how the following codes are split (assuming they come in codes)[/QUOTE]

They give you two keys that popup in steam when you first start the game. I used the keys to register on the bioware site and it gave me access to all the CE content (the 2 DLCs plus the dragon armor, etc etc.)

You just have to login from the game to be able to download those. It was fairly simple.

[quote name='thebusoftheundead']Yes. If you look at the games page on Steam it will list any DRM included.

3rd-party DRM:
SecuROM™
5 machine activation limit[/QUOTE]

It says that on the Steam page, but according to this thread on the steam forums, it was removed in the last patch. But of course, that's not an official source, although one guy said he contacted Ubisoft and they told him there were no more machine limits.

I'm looking forward to see what they're going to have on sale over the weekend!

It's not mentioned in the OP, but Champions Online (a subscription-based MMO) is on sale for $20. It's also a free play weekend from today until Mon morning, so you can try before you buy.

[quote name='Ryukahn']So, for those of you that have bought the CE version of Dragon Age from Steam, can you tell me how the following codes are split (assuming they come in codes)

Warden's Keep
Blood Dragon Armor
Shale
The 3 bonus items

Do you get a code for each of them or what? I know I asked something similar earlier in the thread, but I didn't ask for all of these and I just want to make sure before I buy it (thinking of buying the CE regardless of being able to sell my physical copy before the sale is up and just trying to unload the physical copy when I can). Thanks[/QUOTE]

Just be aware that the Shale DLC and Dragon Armor chest piece comes free with ALL versions of the game.

I need to know if the codes are bundled or not. I have already redeemed Shale and the armor with my physical copy, so I want to know if I will get a code from steam that has Just the Shale and armor content, or if the steam code bundles all of it together. I need the Warden's keep and CE exclusive items to be separate, otherwise getting this will be pointless.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Call it what you want. Some of us would just rather not have that harsh restrictive crap on our system. And at least we are paying for our shit. To this day I still think SecureRom was the reason my DVD-Drive did not work properly under Windows XP.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've heard of that happening, though it is somewhat rare.

Just a heads up. My friend bought the regular version of Dragon Age and says he didn't get any kind of code for the Dragon Age origins DLC (Shale and the armor). Don't know if he is just missing something or what.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Just a heads up. My friend bought the regular version of Dragon Age and says he didn't get any kind of code for the Dragon Age origins DLC (Shale and the armor). Don't know if he is just missing something or what.[/QUOTE]

Left click Dragon Age in your games tab, browse down to View Game CD Key. Copy each and paste them in online. May take a couple tries. I was halfway through the game before someone told me how to access the free content.

[quote name='novem']Left click Dragon Age in your games tab, browse down to View Game CD Key. Copy each and paste them in online. May take a couple tries. I was halfway through the game before someone told me how to access the free content.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks I'll tell him.

Still looking for an answer to my question btw if anyone knows!

Bought Batman: AA. I was hoping Amazon would have pricematched Steam's price as I have an Amazon CC and wanted the rewards points.

Here's to hoping that Steam has deals on L4D2, Tropico 3, and FM2010.

It'd be great to see Steam match the $19.99 Borderlands price. I really like having my games on Steam personally so it would be awesome to see.

Does anyone know if the Steam version of Batman:AA has windows achievements? I mean the achievements that go towards your Xbox gametag or just Steam achievements? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='icarusmight']Does anyone know if the Steam version of Batman:AA has windows achievements? I mean the achievements that go towards your Xbox gametag or just Steam achievements? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

it should, it's a Games for Windows Live title and being on Steam doesn't change that

does anyone have any idea on guesses on the next set of games. Will their be bundles like the THQ and other bundle? Or are they on sale throughout the 5 days. I'm really really excited to see the next set of stuff. Picked up the THQ one. Finally play through DOW2 and Saints Row 2.

[quote name='Snuckles']does anyone have any idea on guesses on the next set of games. Will their be bundles like the THQ and other bundle? Or are they on sale throughout the 5 days. I'm really really excited to see the next set of stuff. Picked up the THQ one. Finally play through DOW2 and Saints Row 2.[/QUOTE]

One more hour until the next set comes up, so we'll know soon...

[quote name='buckythekat']it should, it's a Games for Windows Live title and being on Steam doesn't change that[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the steam version does indeed have GFWL achievements.

[quote name='Snuckles']does anyone have any idea on guesses on the next set of games. Will their be bundles like the THQ and other bundle? Or are they on sale throughout the 5 days. I'm really really excited to see the next set of stuff. Picked up the THQ one. Finally play through DOW2 and Saints Row 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like the bundles are on sale through Monday. Can't wait to see the next group of games, I already had most of the stuff in this batch.

Cant wait. I only bit on Assassin's creed for 10 bucks(from amazon haha, I hated the keyboard controls for it on PC), so I'm hoping theres a few good PC games I want for good prices.

Still can't decide on Batman AA. Heard so much good, but I've heard a lot of bad about GFWL too.

Plus I've already dropped a lot on Amazon with lightning deals the last couple days. And there's more steam goodness starting in 40 minutes.

[quote name='Jut']I want to see the Valve pack for 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

That would be epic, but I already have all the Valve notables anyway that I picked up on weekend deals one by one. But alot of people would get a great deal on it though.

I'm looking for a few bundles, I'd get a Valve pack for the right price, and I haven't bought any COD's so if a COD pack gets put together I'd consider that. following that, I actually don't own that many Activision games, so if that COD pack was part of a bigger activision pack, I'd get that instead. An EA pack would be cool too.

As for individual titles, I'd like to see Prototype for $15 or under. Red Faction Guerrilla for $10 would be nice as well, although 'd like a pack that also included RF1 and 2.

Oh, and there are a number of indie games that have been released rather recently that I'd like to see discounted.

I'd like to see RE5 at $25 or less, GTA4 at $20 and the World in Conflict bundle for $15 ($10 would ideal, but that's wishful thinking), and some indie games at the $2 price point like Osmos was. For $2, I'm willing to give any game a try.

Hoping for Borderlands for $19.99

If not, then I guess I'll see if the amazon copy is still available. Prefer to have my games on steam, though.

bread's done
Back