Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition: $48.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jp0213']Okay guys, my borderlands pack is full: bedpo, munoi, and afpunk. Will be sending all 3 of you PMs with the info.[/QUOTE]
For some reason I thought you wanted in on one not that you were doing one. If anything goes wrong you get me on this young man! :cry: If anyone else is doing this I'm in 4 rizall kay?

I'm on the fence about Left 4 Dead. I know it's probably worth it, but I've got plenty of other games in my backlog and for some reason, I've got a feeling we'll see it at the same price or cheaper during the after Christmas sales.

It's probably best for my wallet if I hold off anyway. :whistle2:k

Me and USB Cable are in for a new boarderlands 4-pack. Anyone else wanna confirm before we figure out who can buy?? lol

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']/

Aside from the complete lack of all the multiplayer components found in the PS3/360 version, overall poor performance, and general poorly-ported suckness, not really I guess.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I had a friend on steam just fill me in on that. I'm just a PC/DS/Wii gamer right now. So it might be the best option. But I guess I'll just wait. Someday I'll grab a ps3 and it'll probably be everywhere for $10 at that time.

Trine today then. Hopefully Torchlight tomorrow. :applause:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I'm on the fence about Left 4 Dead. I know it's probably worth it, but I've got plenty of other games in my backlog and for some reason, I've got a feeling we'll see it at the same price or cheaper during the after Christmas sales.

It's probably best for my wallet if I hold off anyway. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I keep forgetting that I've got about 5 new games coming sometime in the coming weeks from the deals on newegg and amazon. I've bought way to many Steam deals that I never install.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I'm on the fence about Left 4 Dead. I know it's probably worth it, but I've got plenty of other games in my backlog and for some reason, I've got a feeling we'll see it at the same price or cheaper during the after Christmas sales.

It's probably best for my wallet if I hold off anyway. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Hey, L4D will only take around 4-5 hours to finish the Campaigns, anyways. :p

So far the sale each time has included at least one game from the Steam top sellers list (week of Nov. 23).
1. Left 4 Dead 2 - Valve
2. Modern Warfare 2 - Infinity Ward/Activision
3. Dragon Age Origins - BioWare/EA
4. Dragon Age Origins Digital Deluxe Edition - BioWare/EA
5. Borderlands - Gearbox Software/2K Games
6. Torchlight - Runic Games
Here's hoping we get either Torchlight or Modern Warfare 2 (or both) on Sunday. :bouncy:

[quote name='bigwoof']ghostbusters is tempting. i know they cut out the co-op play, so how is the single player?[/QUOTE]
Single-player on Ghostbusters is still very fun but short. However, it is definitely worth $10.

I have a noob questions for you PC gamers...I bought Borderlands PC from Amazon for 20 bux, will that version play on steam? So far I've only used Steam for the Half Life series.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I feel the same way. I keep forgetting that I've got about 5 new games coming sometime in the coming weeks from the deals on newegg and amazon. I've bought way to many Steam deals that I never install.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. From Steam alone, I've got both Overlord games, Madballs, Plants and Zombies, and KOTOR to work through. This is ignoring my copy of Ghostbusters that's shipping from Amazon, the bag of games I got at 80% off from my Game Crazy's last day of business, and the rest of my perpetual backlog.

I know I'd probably like Left 4 Dead, but I'm just not feeling it today. It's a Valve title; it will go on sale again eventually, and if not I should probably buy the Complete pack in the future anyway.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']So far the sale each time has included at least one game from the Steam top sellers list (week of Nov. 23).
Here's hoping we get either Torchlight or Modern Warfare 2 (or both) on Sunday. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Torchlight wouldn't surprise me.

As for MW2...the original is still $40, and its "sale" price a few weeks back was a joke. I wouldn't count on that unless the screwed-up PC version has actually hurt sales.

I bought the original Left 4 Dead for the Xbox before I built my current PC so even though I own the sequel, I couldn't resist that price.

[quote name='Chango']Thanks for the link![/QUOTE]

Yeah I like activating games on steam too (never have to worry about losing a disc again), but w/e. Putting a shortcut in your steam games list works too I suppose.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Retail Borderland has unlimited online activation (Securom).[/QUOTE]
That always kinda confused me. So if a game on Steam has Securom, is it still unlimited downloads through Steam or does Securom take over and limit it so it wouldn't work anymore?

damm I just bought Borderlands a couple weeks ago on Steam. :(

Ghostbusters is a must buy, the single player is fanastic, really feels like a 3rd movie. its awesome.

[quote name='USB Cable']That always kinda confused me. So if a game on Steam has Securom, is it still unlimited downloads through Steam or does Securom take over and limit it so it wouldn't work anymore?[/QUOTE]

The retail is not using securom online active but its using securoms online date check to see if the game is past release. The steam version and any retail version pressed after release (which i dont think has happened yet) dont/wont have this

[quote name='The1nOnlyKu']Seems like more of a hassle for saving just about $2. :/

Just throwing in my 2 cents not saying you shouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.
But really, if you haven't already grabbed L4D, just buy it. For $7.49 it's a no-brainer.

[quote name='USB Cable']That always kinda confused me. So if a game on Steam has Securom, is it still unlimited downloads through Steam or does Securom take over and limit it so it wouldn't work anymore?[/QUOTE]

There are not many games on Steam that have activation limits. The most popular one, I think, would be Far Cry 2, but that DRM restriction was eventually patched away. Usually with activation limits, you're ultimately free to install and uninstall however many times you want as long as you don't change hardware (changing hardware makes it assume you have a totally different/new computer).

But yes, if a game on Steam has activation limits, it does not let you install again after that limit has been reached.

[quote name='quadomatic']The borderlands deal is weak...I mean seriously, Gamestop and Amazon both had it for $20.

Trine for $10 seems like a steal...I kinda always wanted to play that...but I already spent $80+ on games in the last 2 days....

DAMN there's still one more sale tomorrow too! I really don't want to spend anymore. I'm a broke-ass college student...a broke ass college student that's one week away from finals!!![/QUOTE]

Agreed.
I would totally have jumped on Borderlands for $20.

[quote name='z3razerviper']The retail is not using securom online active but its using securoms online date check to see if the game is past release. The steam version and any retail version pressed after release (which i dont think has happened yet) dont/wont have this[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, people make Securom sound like it'll eat your computer and make all you socks crunchy.

can someone tell me if L4D will work on windows 7? I just bought it but I have a new computer which runs on Win7 will it work?

[quote name='kilm']There are not many games on Steam that have activation limits. The most popular one, I think, would be Far Cry 2, but that DRM restriction was eventually patched away. Usually with activation limits, you're ultimately free to install and uninstall however many times you want as long as you don't change hardware (changing hardware makes it assume you have a totally different/new computer).

But yes, if a game on Steam has activation limits, it does not let you install again after that limit has been reached.[/QUOTE]
Thank you also for the info sir, I just have to keep it in the back of my head to look up the limits if I buy something with SRom.

Yeah, I guess I worry about limits sometimes. I think Crysis and Crysis Warhead have limits (I have the steam version of Crysis and the retail version of Warhead). I think I've ended up installing Crysis like 3 times. Hopefully they patched out limits and such.

[quote name='isofan1']can someone tell me if L4D will work on windows 7? I just bought it but I have a new computer which runs on Win7 will it work?[/QUOTE]
Yes it does, i running on my desktop with 7

Gah, I want to get the THQ Complete Pack but I already have Dawn of War Gold (Dawn of War, Winter Assault and Dark Crusade) and STALKER on Steam.

What's more is that I also have all of the Company of Heroes and Opposing Fronts but I did not bring my CD when I moved since I thought the latest patches allowed for no CD however now I can not access the game.

Do you think I should get it? It looks like a very good deal but I am still uncertain...

Have barely played L4D2 yet due to backlog, but too hard to resist.

I have Left 4 Dead on 360 and I have been wanting it for PC so I can play the campaigns that people make. Does Steam allow these mods to be played or do I have to do something to get around it?

[quote name='USB Cable']Thanks for the info, people make Securom sound like it'll eat your computer and make all you socks crunchy.[/QUOTE]

No problem however I do admit I hate securom but tages is worse....

[quote name='isofan1']can someone tell me if L4D will work on windows 7? I just bought it but I have a new computer which runs on Win7 will it work?[/QUOTE]
you know it came out last year right? oh, and do you know that valve developed the game? .....

[quote name='Arcturiang']got the l4d pack, just waiting for madcyantist's, WebScud's, and munoi's paypal and steam.[/QUOTE]

Sent.

[quote name='bigwoof']you know it came out last year right? oh, and do you know that valve developed the game? .....[/QUOTE]

Well it is a valid question. Even on the systems requirements lab, and puts me as not passing because of my operating system (Windows 7).

But as a rule of thumb, anything that runs on vista will run on windows 7 no problem.

[quote name='z3razerviper']No problem however I do admit I hate securom but tages is worse....[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge fan of securom either, but yeah it's not like the death of PC gaming. I hate it when people complain about SecuROM saying that it's their reason for not buying the game, and why it's okay to pirate.

When people pirate DRM'd PC games, it's not that they don't put DRM on games anymore - they just stop making the games for PC!

It was a slippery slope and now it's rolling full speed down the hill. First they started putting heavy DRM on to stop pirates, what was their excuse before that? Then the pirates claimed to pirate because of DRM, and now alot of our pc games are horrible ports because the money to be made is on console. I'd have more respect for pirates if they just came out and said they can't afford/don't want to pay for games.

[quote name='quadomatic']I'm not a huge fan of securom either, but yeah it's not like the death of PC gaming. I hate it when people complain about SecuROM saying that it's their reason for not buying the game, and why it's okay to pirate.

When people pirate DRM'd PC games, it's not that they don't put DRM on games anymore - they just stop making the games for PC![/QUOTE]

I would never say its ok to pirate but having unreasonable activation limits is a valid reason not to buy a game. Personally I would not mind as much if the developer commits to removing it later. For example retail farcry 2 (not sure about steam) removed it which was great news and i wish ea would remove ti from red alert 3 and uprising retail now they are past the main selling time.

Oh and GFWL activation limits are way out of line the key should be tied to my gamertag........they dont even own the game and their solution is tell you to go buy another copy. on a side note you know the only way i could ever get C&C 3 to work was create an image of my collectors disk and mount it in daemon tools. The real disk gave me securom errors (in both my sony who I believe owns securon and LG drives) so I had to use the one tool they were trying to block so I could run my $60 collector edition game. Tell me that is not insane.....

Now that my rant is done is trine worth it?

it works fine

I'm still up for the BorderLands gift 4 people thingy if anyone is interested later. I'm about to take a hot sexy nap since I forgot to sleep last night. :p If you need to contact me stare at my Avatar and think about blue walls with bacon slices break dancing on them, I'll come find you if you do it right. You can also just pm me and hopefully my IPod will beep loud enough to wake me up. I can't believe I'm 7 bucks short to get this game..... :'(

Edit: I'm a very confused young man and have never done this type of thing before so to prevent confusion I'm trying to join in on one not start one. You don't want me in charge of your money anyways, I might buy cookies by mistake with it.

bread's done
Back