Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition: $48.50
Batman: Arkham Asylum: $24.99
GRID: $7.49
Fallen Earth: $24.99
Far Cry 2 Fortunes Edition: $9.99
Champions Online: $19.99
Osmos: $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hotwls13']Got my Left 4 Dead downloaded and installed today. I wanted to go through the single player first. The weird thing is there isn't a quick save or save current progress function. I guess you have to play ALL THE WAY through each campaign or whatever its called to save?? Kind of sucks cause I get small spurts of time to play this game and it would be nice to start where I left off.[/QUOTE]

Each campaign is split into 5 levels. If you quit, you can choose to start from the level you were last playing. However, as you mentioned, there is no quick save or save anywhere functionality so you cannot resume from the middle of a level; only the beginning.

This is one of the things that made the game a bit more frustrating to me when I started playing Advanced. I'd often die at the Finale and then have to start from the beginning of the 5th level (Blood Harvest brings back bad memories). If you're a good player you'll probably be able to get back to where you died fairly quickly but for me, it kinda killed my interest in playing harder difficulties. At least with L4D1, Normal is fairly straight forward (heard they ramped up the difficulty in L4D2 though).

Most of the issue is resolved or atleast lessened when playing online. Especially when 3 die and the last guy barely makes it past a hard part to open the closet. But playing single player? I never have done it on L4D, it wouldn't be fun to me.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
If someone got the four pack yesterday, that's actually slightly (as in, about a dime) above the cost per copy. He might not get someone who's interested, but it's not like the price he's willing to pay is completely unreasonable.[/QUOTE]

I guess my issue with Coffee's lowball is that the game is now $30. Offering

With the news of the checkpoint system, I decided to grab Lucidity. I'm wondering if the game will be entertaining, but, for $2.50, I'm not horribly worried.

Can't wait for tomorrow's list of games.

[quote name='Thongsy']I think that's the point he was making, you can only choose the level/campaign and not the safehouse. I agree, I play games in small spurts and don't want to have to spend an hour or two going through it only to have to start over. But for the seven dollars I paid I can't complain.[/QUOTE]
i suppose but like campaign all together is what 50 minutes? so 10-15 minutes on chapter

[quote name='cRodz']

all my shopping would have been done through valve and i would have just ordered one cheap game for my 360.
l[/QUOTE]
Strangely enough that's exactly what I did. I love you, Valve. :D I hope they can keep the store up tomorrow when the deals go live.

[quote name='buckythekat']it'll probably be 50% off ($10) like Steam got a few weeks ago

EA seems to be having the same deals at different times on the various digital download sites lately[/QUOTE]

I'm basing the $5 price (75% off) on D2D's twitter post saying that the one game on Monday will be 75% off.

[quote name='cheapo72']I'm basing the $5 price (75% off) on D2D's twitter post saying that the one game on Monday will be 75% off.[/QUOTE]

ah okay I hadn't seen that

I'd still hold out for Steam if I didn't already own it through them (was worth the $20 much less $10 during that sale)

wouldn't surprise me at all if it's on sale for $5 come the actual Holiday Sale

one reason I prefer Steam is I hate having to patch the games manually with Direct2Drive's stupid download the patch then install it separate, and they are rather slow in getting some patches

Lowball would be guy A buying the game at 20 dollars. Then Coffee offers 7 bucks. But that wasn't the case. Infact, had someone a few copies left over, the price coffee offered would've broke even, I think even a bit better but even just for simplicity's sake.

What's wrong with someone buying something for $5 and reselling for $30? Isn't that what many CAGs do when it comes to "flipping" to BBV, GS, etc etc? If both buyer and seller are comfortable buying and selling at that price, I see no problem with "supporting" that. It's up to both parties individually to figure out a reasonable price for themselves.

[quote name='aznguyen316']What's wrong with someone buying something for $5 and reselling for $30? Isn't that what many CAGs do when it comes to "flipping" to BBV, GS, etc etc? If both buyer and seller are comfortable buying and selling at that price, I see no problem with "supporting" that. It's up to both parties individually to figure out a reasonable price for themselves.[/QUOTE]
It's different for two reasons.

1) This is CAG. The whole point to this community is to help one another out. Not to stiff one another.

2) There's no point in selling a game back at a higher price to a fellow CAG when it's made very clear which retailer or online distributor is selling said game for the exact same price.

[quote name='Tsukento']It's different for two reasons.

1) This is CAG. The whole point to this community is to help one another out. Not to stiff one another.

2) There's no point in selling a game back at a higher price to a fellow CAG when it's made very clear which retailer or online distributor is selling said game for the exact same price.[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, I get that. No problem. Just saying for myself, I've made a quick buck a few times doing some flips and what not and even some eBay flips for some cash so I see no problem buying/selling. Everyone's "value" is different than cost.

Had to bite on the GW deal, though about it the whole day... playing it when I get my new comp on Dec. :D (Yes, I give in easily for games that are only and you need to pay no monthly fee :( ).

Deals end today or these were the last ones?

[quote name='Khamous']Had to bite on the GW deal, though about it the whole day... playing it when I get my new comp on Dec. :D (Yes, I give in easily for games that are only and you need to pay no monthly fee :( ).

Deals end today or these were the last ones?[/QUOTE]

I reallly am considering GW also since I think I'm going to stop paying for WoW, and I enjoyed playing some GW before. It's just I already got in on Dragon Age deal and Ifeel they're similar in a larger scope of things.. although I know GW has higher replay value now w/ heroes etc.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I'm hoping Vampire: Bloodlines is also among the final batch of games... I missed that game TWICE at good prices, I'm finally ready to submit.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome too.

Man, just 15 minutes before the deals are revealed once more. I cannot wait.

Also, I'm enjoying Luicidity, but the game was definitely intended for a 360 controller, as indicated by the grid system for item placement. Still, I happen to have the wireless adapter, so I'm happy. $2.50 nicely spent, in my opinion.

20 seconds YEAH!!!!

EDIT: Aw damn, Monkey Island for $2.49? I paid $4.99 during the Weekend Deal! Hahaha, oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fail!!

today_75.png

Mirror's Edge™
In a city where information is heavily monitored, agile couriers called Runners transport sensitive data away from prying eyes.... more

$19.99 $5.00
Add to Cart

today_30.png

Dawn of Discovery™
A unique and award-winning combination of construction, economy, discovery, diplomacy, and combat.... more

$49.99 $34.99
Add to Cart

today_50.png

Section 8
Section 8 is a large-scale, sci-fi first person shooter where fast-paced action meets military strategy in the far reaches of the galaxy.... more

$49.99 $24.99
Add to Cart

today_30.png

Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood
THE OLD WEST, 1864. In order to save their family, the McCall brothers will kill anyone who stands between them and the legendary Gold of Juarez.... more

$29.99 $20.99
Add to Cart

today_50.png

The Chronicles of Riddick™ Assault on Dark Athena
Be Riddick, the most ruthless criminal in the universe. In his latest chronicle, Riddick has been captured by The Dark Athena, a mercenary ship hell-bent on eliminating him once and for all.... more

$19.99 $9.99
Add to Cart

today_75.png

Evil Genius
Everybody wants to rule the world! Achieve global power with EVIL GENIUS, the one and only complete world domination simulator.... more

$9.99 $2.49
Add to Cart

today_75.png

The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Back by popular demand, The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition faithfully re-imagines the internationally-acclaimed classic game (originally released in 1990) for original and new audienc... more

$9.99 $2.49
Add to Cart

today_80.png

Quantz
Experience a new dimension of puzzle action game fun in QuantZ for the PC; a fabulous adventure that goes beyond the Action-Puzzler, Match-3 and Marble Popper genres.... more

$9.99 $2.00
Add to Cart

Section 8 - 50% off - $24.99
Evil Genius - 75% off - $2.49
Secret of Monkey Island: SE - 75% off - $2.49
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - 30% off - $20.99
Quantz - 80% off - $2.00
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - 50% off - $9.99
Dawn of Discovery - 30% off - $34.99
Mirror's Edge - 50% off - $5.00

COJ - BIB 20.99
Evil Genius - 2.49
Mirrors Edge - 5
Monkey Islane SE - 2.49
Quantz - 2.00
Section 8 - 24.99
Riddick - 9.99
Dawn of Discovery - 34.99

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Guess it's time to give the Torchlight devs their 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]

exactly what I was thinking lol..sigh I want even a tiny deal on this.

[quote name='airwalke']Only things that tempt me are Mirror's Edge for $5 and Monkey Island for $2.49... everything else is quite lame.[/QUOTE]

That was my sentiments exactly, except I have those two on 360. If Bound in Blood was cheaper or included the original as a combo for that price, I would be all over it.

Lots of $2 deals this week, the only memorable one being Monkey Island.

Everyone I know has said Mirror's Edge ceases to be fun almost immediately. Even at $5, I'm not touching it.

Overall, I'm disappointed. On the plus side, my wallet is safe. Having that been said, it's time to switch over to D2D and see what they end up offering for their Cyber Monday sale.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Lots of $2 deals this week, the only memorable one being Monkey Island.

Everyone I know has said Mirror's Edge ceases to be fun almost immediately. Even at $5, I'm not touching it.

Overall, I'm disappointed. On the plus side, my wallet is safe. Having that been said, it's time to switch over to D2D and see what they end up offering for their Cyber Monday sale.[/QUOTE]

Eliot, couldn't disagree more. It ranks as one of my favorite all time games (on PC... it is a pain to play on consoles, and looks TERRIBLE in comparison).

[quote name='EliotAndrews']
Everyone I know has said Mirror's Edge ceases to be fun almost immediately. Even at $5, I'm not touching it.[/QUOTE]

I played Mirror's Edge on 360 and it was incredible. That being said, I can't wait to play it on PC. For $5 I can't say no.

That and Monkey Island, plus Quantz because I like puzzlers.

This entire week...

World of Goo - $5
Knights of the Old Republic - $2.50
Secret of Monkey Island $2.50
Batman Arkham Asylum - $25
Dead Space - $15
Ghostbusters - $10
Left 4 Dead - $7.50

How were these not memorable deals, folks?

bread's done
Back