Steam Free week- Team Fortress 2 Free for the Week

I'm confused. It is free for the week, so you can only play it for a week for free? Or, you can only get it free this week but you get to keep it forever?

It sounds like it's basically just an extended free weekend. Instead of it starting Thursday or Friday, it's going now. And yes, it's only free until the "weekend" is up, then you'd have to pay.

Most likely they will have some sort of sale on the game though as we get closer to the weekend.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']If you have steam, and dont own this.....yous an idiot.

DONE.[/QUOTE]

exactly. the game is what couple years old, STILL of the best, only what $10, valve guve you a week free, not the typical weekend, and people complain. jeeze wtf people

[quote name='rct316']exactly. the game is what couple years old, STILL of the best, only what $10, valve give you a week free, not the typical weekend, and people complain. jeez wtf people[/QUOTE]
The deal is good. It's the missleading op people are complaining about

^^ i understand but valve does these types of things ALL the time so it should be well known by now. also its not that hard to interprete to be honest i understood just from reading title. but i do understand some misunderstanding if one is not familiar wit steam

[quote name='Sockrocker3']Go to steam now because steam has just made TF2 or team fortress 2 free as part of their UBER update week so hurry and get yours now.[/QUOTE]

This is the deals section. The free section is below this one on the list, the one that says "free" on it.

[quote name='gargus']This is the deals section. The free section is below this one on the list, the one that says "free" on it.[/QUOTE]

Free or not this is still a "Game" deal. The Contests and Free stuff forum is for swag and what-not.

Nice bump though.

I don't understand why they just don't give TF2 away nowadays with another valve purchase.

I mean nothing against TF2, but it seriously has turned more into the model of a F2P MMO type game more than anything.

I got TF2 when it was 2 bucks for like 3 hours.

I dont play because when I play with a friend he gets drops left and right and I get nothing. And I dont want to trophy farm to keep up with the new BS weapon sets.

hatfortress2.jpg

c'mon!
give me Meet the Medic!

[quote name='cRodz']

c'mon!
give me Meet the Medic![/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts with this game. I mean it was fine for when they first did the hats and it was all random unlocks (and there was only like 1 hat and three items). Then it just turned into a clusterfuck. Now all they care about is getting more money on hats/weapons and junk. Seriously it turned into one of those free 2 play korean mmo games except they charge you to play it.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']My exact thoughts with this game. I mean it was fine for when they first did the hats and it was all random unlocks (and there was only like 1 hat and three items). Then it just turned into a clusterfuck. Now all they care about is getting more money on hats/weapons and junk. Seriously it turned into one of those free 2 play korean mmo games except they charge you to play it.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? You don't have to buy anything. I got hats, I trade hats, and I've never wasted a dime on them.

I've only bought a couple of keys since they started selling stuff, and have a ton of hats I got from crafting or random drops. I don't see why people complain so much about it. Enjoy the game for the game, not the marketplace that you don't have to even look at. I could understand calling it like a Korean MMO if the game sucked, but TF2 is a damn fine game.

[quote name='War Machine']What the hell are you talking about? You don't have to buy anything. I got hats, I trade hats, and I've never wasted a dime on them.[/QUOTE]
I know you don't. It has become a F2P game model where you unlock stuff while your playing or you can buy it at the store faster. TF2 is still a great game, and always will be.

[quote name='War Machine']What the hell are you talking about? You don't have to buy anything. I got hats, I trade hats, and I've never wasted a dime on them.[/QUOTE]

im glad someones drop rate is high.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't understand why they just don't give TF2 away nowadays with another valve purchase.
[/QUOTE]

It's called "Orange Box." Anyone who has played Portal should also have this. Anyone who doesn't have this and have Portal should go get both (and crawl out from under their rock first).

bread's done
Back