Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Frithsblessing']I'm not one to normally call out others, but your prices are offensive. This place has always been about helping out a fellow CAG get games cheap. You're looking to flip a bundle you scored for less than $30 for $100 to CAGs is poor form.[/QUOTE]

If you don't like someone's prices, don't buy. It's that simple.

[quote name='bshirk']If you don't like someone's prices, don't buy. It's that simple.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I'd grab his Fallout 3 GOTY, but I don't want a second game so the price is too high. Pretty sure you've been able to nab that alone for less than $8 before... so no reason for me to bite. I'll be patient and wait on a better deal. :D

[quote name='bshirk']If you don't like someone's prices, don't buy. It's that simple.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. If people don't want to pay his prices they won't (and obviously in this case they aren't since he's been selling these keys for days with no biters as far as I can tell), but some CAG might find the price worth paying. He can always sell his keys literally anywhere else online and someone here might've missed out on his pricing.

[quote name='espy605']Seriously. If people don't want to pay his prices they won't (and obviously in this case they aren't since he's been selling these keys for days with no biters as far as I can tell), but some CAG might find the price worth paying. He can always sell his keys literally anywhere else online and someone here might've missed out on his pricing.[/QUOTE]

and to be fair, *if* you want multiple games, it isn't that bad. It's a marketing ploy. He wants to move more product with one sale, not a ton of small ones.

It's hilarious to me how you people jumped on Frithsblessing for saying this guy's keys are priced way too high. You all know that his keys are severely inflated, for no reason, and yet you defend him. "But they're his keys, he can do what he wants wah wah wah!" :lol:

Btw, I have Metro 2033 for $10 if anyone's interested. You also get a free copy of Fallout 3 GOTY if you buy it. Hey, they're my keys! Wha'eva, I do what I want! ;)

[quote name='Blade']It's hilarious to me how you people jumped on Frithsblessing for saying this guy's keys are priced way too high. You all know that his keys are severely inflated, for no reason, and yet you defend him. "But they're his keys, he can do what he wants wah wah wah!" :lol:

Btw, I have Metro 2033 for $10 if anyone's interested. You also get a free copy of Fallout 3 GOTY if you buy it. Hey, they're my keys! Wha'eva, I do what I want! ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly, they are his keys, and he can do whatever he wants, including setting a price that almost no one will pay. Are his prices inflated? Yeah. But people should not be telling each other what they are supposed to be pricing their games. After the last round of attacks, you get people posting their prices with apologies and explanations, that to me is stupid.

And as someone else pointed out (sarcastically), $60 actually isn't a bad deal for all those games, Skyrim + Dishonored goes normally on sale for $24+$30 at their lowest (usually as far as I know). $6 for the rest of those games is a legitimately good deal.

[quote name='Pikagreg']A Bard's Tale $2[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa, Greg, that's way too low. Didn't you read the last few posts? You no longer have to be courteous to anyone on here by giving them big discounts on keys you got for little to nothing. It's all about taking advantage of people now. Price it as high as you can, maybe even close to MSRP; whatever you can get away with, because some sucker will buy it eventually! Greed, greed, greed, money, money, money. Get in the Capitalist spirit and increase those profit margins tenfold!

Also, I decided to rescind my offer from a few posts ago. Now selling 3 packs of Metro 2033 Steam keys for $10. I figure Fallout 3 GOTY is worth much more than the paltry $10 I was asking for. Hell, that's less than 75% off MSRP. What was I thinking?

PS: GG is "working with the publisher" in some fashion concerning the keys. The fate of these Bethesda games are uncertain for now.

[quote name='Blade']Whoa whoa whoa, Greg, that's way too low. Didn't you read the last few posts? You no longer have to be courteous to anyone on here by giving them big discounts on keys you got for little to nothing. It's all about taking advantage of people now. Price it as high as you can, maybe even close to MSRP; whatever you can get away with, because some sucker will buy it eventually! Greed, greed, greed, money, money, money. Get in the Capitalist spirit and increase those profit margins tenfold!

Also, I decided to rescind my offer from a few posts ago. Now selling 3 packs of Metro 2033 Steam keys for $10. I figure Fallout 3 GOTY is worth much more than the paltry $10 I was asking for. Hell, that's less than 75% off MSRP. What was I thinking?

PS: GG is "working with the publisher" in some fashion concerning the keys. The fate of these Bethesda games are uncertain for now.[/QUOTE]

By the way, thick sarcasm and being a dick is no better than so-called price gouging. We can all block you for being a dick as easily as we can block other people if we feel they're charging too much, and MAGIC, problem is solved. Do you have nothing better to do than sit here and moan about it? Do you expect him to cut you some special deal?

[quote name='Blade']PS: GG is "working with the publisher" in some fashion concerning the keys. The fate of these Bethesda games are uncertain for now.[/QUOTE]

I actually do think this part of your post is worth highlighting. I would discourage people from buying or trading for GamersGate gifts that do not have keys yet. There is no way of knowing you will actually ever be given a key for now, but they're supposed to be announcing news of how they're sorting it out next week.

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/holiday-sale-issue

As for the actual keys, most forums I've read who have been following the history of things like this think that if you have the key in hand, it is very unlikely your key will be revoked. Mass key revokes have usually only been done due to mass theft or fraud, not pricing error. If someone has evidence to the contrary, please let us all know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have:

Paypal

(Steam Keys)
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Beat Hazard
Cargo: The Quest For Gravity
COGS
Commandos: B.C.D.
Commandos: B.E.L.
Commandos 2: Men Of Courage
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Cortex Command
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Eufloria
Ion Assault
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC
Saint's Row the Third
Splice
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Swords and Soldiers HD
Swords and Soldiers HD
The Stronghold Collection
The Void
Titan Quest
Toki Tori
Trauma
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Zen Bound 2

(Steam Tradeable)
Awesomenauts x 2
TF2 Keys x 3

Want:

(Steam)
Far Cry 3
Ace of Spades ($3 or trade)
X Superbox
Tony Hawk HD (Trade Only)
Giana Sisters (Trade Only)

Thanks!

[quote name='Blade']Whoa whoa whoa, Greg, that's way too low. Didn't you read the last few posts? You no longer have to be courteous to anyone on here by giving them big discounts on keys you got for little to nothing. It's all about taking advantage of people now. Price it as high as you can, maybe even close to MSRP; whatever you can get away with, because some sucker will buy it eventually! Greed, greed, greed, money, money, money. Get in the Capitalist spirit and increase those profit margins tenfold!

PS: GG is "working with the publisher" in some fashion concerning the keys. The fate of these Bethesda games are uncertain for now.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be on here if you didn't want to save money and therefore have more to spend. Buying a bundle of games and selling the games you already have for less than they cost elsewhere might make you a tiny profit, but it's hardly going to get you the money of an investment banker.

[quote name='bshirk']You wouldn't be on here if you didn't want to save money and therefore have more to spend. Buying a bundle of games and selling the games you already have for less than they cost elsewhere might make you a tiny profit, but it's hardly going to get you the money of an investment banker.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As I have brought up before, there are also plenty of people in this forum that make tiny profit by re-selling games they got at a reduced price due to regional pricing. These people are never attacked (nor should they be). There are even some people that buy games at flash sale pricing so they can trade it later when the price goes up.

If anyone feels like someone is doing something wrong, they should be reported to the mods, not publicly attacked/shamed/ridiculed. We are not dealing with essentials like food or medicine here.

Have:

-Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition (Steam Key)
-Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Forces, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor (Steam Key)
-Saints Row:The Third (Steam Key)
-Titan Quest (Steam Key)

Want:

-Max Payne 3 (Steam Key/Gift)
-Castle Crashers (Steam Key/Gift)

Will trade multiple games for Max Payne 3 Steam Key/Gift

You all need to suck it up and deal with it. As long as there exist people who actually care about strangers on the internet paying too much for games, we're gonna speak our minds as much as we damn well please. If you don't like it, ignore us. Otherwise, suck it up, or fix your prices to be more reasonable. $28 up to $60 MINIMUM is NOT a good price. Think again.

The mods have enough to do without us whining to them about people's prices. That resolution is out of the question; it just isn't something for the mods to interfere with. They aren't setting prices for games, that's the job of the individual. Therefore, you'll have to deal with us whining about your prices being too high.

Since you supposedly care about people not getting ripped off, why aren't you protesting a large corporation like Amazon that is already enormously profitable selling old games like Skyrim for higher than Steam sale prices? Just admit that you're trying to get small sellers to sell their games for a dollar or two.

[quote name='Severose']You all need to suck it up and deal with it. As long as there exist people who actually care about strangers on the internet paying too much for games, we're gonna speak our minds as much as we damn well please. If you don't like it, ignore us. Otherwise, suck it up, or fix your prices to be more reasonable. $28 up to $60 MINIMUM is NOT a good price. Think again.

The mods have enough to do without us whining to them about people's prices. That resolution is out of the question; it just isn't something for the mods to interfere with. They aren't setting prices for games, that's the job of the individual. Therefore, you'll have to deal with us whining about your prices being too high.[/QUOTE]

Since you supposedly care about people not getting ripped off, why aren't you protesting a large corporation like Amazon that is already enormously profitable selling old games like Skyrim for higher than Steam sale prices? Just admit that you're trying to get small sellers to sell their games for a dollar or two.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/report.php?p=10339102

[quote name='bshirk']Since you supposedly care about people not getting ripped off, why aren't you protesting a large corporation like Amazon that is already enormously profitable selling old games like Skyrim for higher than Steam sale prices? Just admit that you're trying to get small sellers to sell their games for a dollar or two.
[/QUOTE]

Did you think about that before you posted it?

Be realistic. We do this because here, some people care. There, there's no point.

[quote name='chapnis']Surely someone on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer isn't going to pay those prices and therefore it's a moot point anyway?[/QUOTE]

Actually, people on Cheapassgamer frequently purchase games before they're deeply discounted if any of the other threads are any indication. And there's nothing wrong with purchasing games as cheap as possible (I do it all the time), but trying to pretend you care by protesting small sellers selling extra games for less than their current sale prices is just ridiculous.

[quote name='Severose']Did you think about that before you posted it?

Be realistic. We do this because here, some people care. There, there's no point.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did, and you dodged my question. Why are you not protesting large retailers selling games for more than current sale prices?

[quote name='bshirk']Since you supposedly care about people not getting ripped off, why aren't you protesting a large corporation like Amazon that is already enormously profitable selling old games like Skyrim for higher than Steam sale prices? Just admit that you're trying to get small sellers to sell their games for a dollar or two.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/report.php?p=10339102[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here (protip: Amazon doesn't sell Bethesda digital), or why there's a report post link hidden in your message.

[quote name='bshirk']Actually, people on Cheapassgamer frequently purchase games before they're deeply discounted if any of the other threads are any indication.[/QUOTE]

Where the hell did I say that this wasn't true, or say anything at all that might contest this?

I didn't.

I pay retail for games, yes, that's a completely separate issue entirely. The fact that we know these people are flipping these games makes it wrong, in our eyes. If people want to pay those prices even after reading our warning, then that's completely fine.

Complain to a mod if you dislike what we do. If they tell us to stop, then we'll stop. Otherwise, move along.

[quote name='bshirk']And there's nothing wrong with purchasing games as cheap as possible (I do it all the time), but trying to pretend you care by protesting small sellers selling extra games for less than their current sale prices is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

You're not very fun to argue with, since you're pulling things out of your ass and attempting to use it as something to support your argument. I NEVER SAID that they need to sell for current sale prices, did I? I said that they shouldn't be buying things and trying to flip them at such a ridiculous profit margin.

I don't make the rules, and I'm not trying to. But I'll be damned if I'm going to let people complain about someone trying to inform fellow CAGs about people flipping games.

This is my last post on the matter, regardless of your reply. You and the others have cluttered it enough complaining about The End trying to inform people of ridiculous prices along with my needless rant.

Move along, or chat with a mod about it.

EDIT: [quote name='bshirk']Yes, I did, and you dodged my question. Why are you not protesting large retailers selling games for more than current sale prices?[/QUOTE]

Nice try, I'm not dignifying this with a response.

EDIT2:
[quote name='sunghost']
tumblr_lzt0jyVPch1qzaxefo1_500.gif
[/QUOTE]

ib0D0iUyIwWy75.gif

[quote name='Severose']Where the hell did I say that this wasn't true, or say anything at all that might contest this?

I didn't.

I pay retail for games, yes, that's a completely separate issue entirely. The fact that we know these people are flipping these games makes it wrong, in our eyes. If people want to pay those prices even after reading our warning, then that's completely fine.

Complain to a mod if you dislike what we do. If they tell us to stop, then we'll stop. Otherwise, move along.

You're not very fun to argue with, since you're pulling things out of your ass and attempting to use it as something to support your argument. I NEVER SAID that they need to sell for current sale prices, did I? I said that they shouldn't be buying things and trying to flip them at such a ridiculous profit margin.

I don't make the rules, and I'm not trying to. But I'll be damned if I'm going to let people complain about someone trying to inform fellow CAGs about people flipping games.

This is my last post on the matter, regardless of your reply. You and the others have cluttered it enough complaining about The End trying to inform people of ridiculous prices along with my needless rant.

Move along, or chat with a mod about it.

EDIT:

Nice try, I'm not dignifying this with a response.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_lzt0jyVPch1qzaxefo1_500.gif

[quote name='Severose']Move along, or chat with a mod about it.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that; I PMed a mod seeing if we could get a temporary ban on selling the Bethesda/Borderlands 2 keys until this whole situation with Gamersgate is resolved. I can only see it being a good thing because who knows what they'll try and do with keys/gift copies that could create a huge messy headache for buyers, sellers, and CAG in general. Hopefully we get a response in the next day or two.

[quote name='Genocidal']Funny you should say that; I PMed a mod seeing if we could get a temporary ban on selling the Bethesda/Borderlands 2 keys until this whole situation with Gamersgate is resolved. I can only see it being a good thing because who knows what they'll try and do with keys/gift copies that could create a huge messy headache for buyers, sellers, and CAG in general. Hopefully we get a response in the next day or two.[/QUOTE]

I just hope that Bethesda and/or Steam don't go along with any revocations that might happen. :cry:

Until further notice, the Gamersgate Bethesda/Borderlands 2 bundles are not allowed to be traded. When the whole situation gets cleared up, this may change. Thanks.

Also, don't argue or post off topic pics in a trade thread. Take it to PMs if you have to.

[quote name='paz9x']how would you go about trading the amazon ec codes that are tied to an account?[/QUOTE]

They're not each links to activate like last year? I'd probably just buy something on someone else's behalf and send as gift or send the code then. Same as if someone wanted to use these awful blue coins I'm stuck with.

Have:

Steam Keys:

Darksiders - $2
Darksiders 2 - $8
Hitman: Blood Money - $2
Supreme Commander 2 - $2

Steam Tradeable:

Awesomenauts - $2.50

Origin Keys:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $6

Want:

Paypal
Steam Games

[quote name='dbqhams']I know I'm late to the game, but I just played it on PS+.

I would like to do a 4 pack. Is anyone interested in buying in for $3.50?

I have 2 slots available.

Thanks,
DBQ[/QUOTE]

I'll take a slot. But your message box is full. Clear it out.

Have:
Borderlands GOTY: 4$
Red Faction Guerrilla: 3$
Red Faction Armageddon: 2$
Duke Nukem Forever: 2$
Homefront: 2$
Indie Game: The Movie: 0.5$
Metro 2033

Want:
Paypal
Offers

Have:

Steam Keys

Caster
Cave Story +
Delve Deeper & DLC
Earth 2160
Fantasy Wars
Greed Corp
King's Bounty: The Legend
Men of War
Men of War: Red Tide
Saints Row the Third: The Full Package
XIII Century: Gold Edition

Desura Keys

Dawn of Fantasy
Shadows on the Vatican, Act 1
War of the Human Tanks (will include the game's soundtrack "Sound of The Human Tanks", available as a Gamersgate gift)
The Hideout Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned!

Gamersgate Gifts

Storm Over The Pacific
The A. Typical RPG
Zombies
Amnesia: The Dark Descent for Mac
Caster for Mac

Want:

Offers
Steam Gifts
Steam Keys
etc.

Hi CAGs!

I have still some stock (all steam keys):
- Stacking
- Tomb Raider Anniversary
- Order of War

I want:

- For 1 of my games -> Assassin's Creed Director's cut (steam)

PM me :)

Traded: Stacking and Order of War for AC2 Deluxe, with Zoenic

[Have] - All items are of US origin - Prices are negotiable

Offspring Fling
Basement Collection
Cave Story+
Metro 2033 (Steam Gift)
Tropico Trilogy (Steam Gift)
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War $1
Titan Quest $1
Trine (Steam Key) $1
Psychonauts (Steam Key) $1

$10 PSN Card
1600 Microsoft Points
Persona 4 Golden Solid Gold Edition *RARE*
God of War Origins (PSN)
Final Fantasy III (PSP)
Resident Evil 5 (XBLA)
Halo 4 LE Avatar Items

PayPal/Amazon Gift Card

[Want]

Max Payne 3
RPG Maker XV Ace (Steam software)

Dirt 3
Bioshock Infinite
Dark Souls
Warhammer: Space Marine
Megabyte Punch (Desura)
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Steam Wishlist

PayPal/Amazon Gift Card
PlayStation Credit/Steam Wallet
Offers

[H] 5.56 Steam Wallet
[W] Offers! (And Transformers: War of Cybertron)

I also have 6$ Amazon GC tied to my account , if you want trade something for a thing i can buy under 6$ there , pm me and i will see what i can do.

[W]
Paypal
Steam Wallet
Dota 2 (Keys/Items)

[H]
Steam Keys:
Adventures of Shuggy
A.R.E.S.
Avadon
Avernum
A Virus Named Tom
Anomaly Warzone Earth
Beat Hazzard Ultra
Bunch of Heroes
Cortex Command
Cogs
Critical Mass
Eufloria
Fantasy Wars
Fortix 2
Greed Corp
Hacker Evolution
Hacker Evolution: Duality
Hacker Evolution: Untold
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Hoard
inMomentum
Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
King Arthur
King’s Bounty: The Legend
Metro 2033
Men of War
Oil Rush
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus
P.A.M.
Puzzle Agent
Really Big Sky
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
Roboblitz
Serious Sam 2
Steel Storm
Starvoid
Swords & Soldiers HD
Syberia
Toki Tori
Xotic
Your Doodles Are Bugged!
Zen Bound 2
Zombie Shooter 1
Zombie Shooter 2

Steam Gifts:
Puzzle Chronicles
Nexuiz
Starvoid

XBLA:
Earth Worm Jim
Hyrbid
Iron Brigade
R-Type Dimensions
Raskulls
The Maw
Joe Danger Showtime DLC

'How Much' Price Calculator

Have :

Battlefield 3 Standard edition Origin key from amazon

Want :
10$ Amazon GC/Paypal Gift

I am also looking for Gamestop 20$-50$ steam wallet codes,can pay with amazon gc/paypal 1:1 ratio.

Have:

Trine 1 + 2
Alan Wake Franchise
Dungeons of Dredmor
Hydrophobia
Coconut Queen
Bastion
Fable - The Lost Chapters
Stacking
Death Rally
Commander Keen
Toki Tori
Red Nation - The Farm
Sims Medieval
Starvoid

Want:

Paypal, game trade offers.

Thanks.

[h] Tryst (Steam gift) - $2

** Steam Keys (Bundle): $2 (for all 6 games)
King's Bounty: The Legend
Men Of War
Cryostasis
Commander: Conquest Of The Americas
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter

** Steam Keys
Metro 2033 - $1
Titan Quest - $1
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - $1
Legend of Grimrock - $2
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC - $3
Duke Nukem Forever (plus Hail to Icons DLC) - $3
Bioshock - $2
Bioshock 2 - $2
Borderlands GOTY - $4
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $2
Red Faction Armageddon (plus Path to War DLC) - $3
Red Faction Guerrilla - $2
Homefront - $2
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - $5

[w] paypal gift or amazon gc

[H]
Morok's Mechanical Mediary - [3 keys]
Pangolin Carapace (/w Tracked Bonus Gold modifier) - [1 key]
Vile Carnival Hat - [1 key]
Strange Holiday Punch [5 keys]
Strange / Genuine / Holiday TF2 items - [1 key each]

*buy two items get one free*
*can substitute keys with 1.75 paypal*

Steam Tradeable Gifts:
$10 Call of Duty Warchest (1 copies left)
$7.5 Counter-Strike Complete (includes cs:go) (12 copies left)
$8 Dawn of War Franchise Pack (2 copies left)
$7 Deadlight (1 copies left)
$10 Dont Starve 2-Pack (1 copies left)
$5 Galactic Civilizations 1 & 2 (1 copies left)
$7 Mark of the Ninja (2 copies left)
$7 Saints Row 3 Complete(3 copies left)
$9 Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion (5 copies left)
$11 Sleeping Dogs (1 copies left)

$18 Daedallic Bundle (1 copies left)
$30 Popcap Complete Pack (1 copies left)
$30 TellTale Collection (1 copies left)
$30 Valve Collection (1 copies left)

*I will ONLY be selling what is listed above until january2/3. afterwards, I will be able to get the new flash deals and everything else again.

PM me if you're interested
All the listed games are steam tradeable, region-free English language games
I take Paypal only. I am NOT interested in trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back