Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the fastest way to add money to my Paypal account? Transferring from my bank account to Paypal will apparently take 3-5 business days.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']What's the fastest way to add money to my Paypal account? Transferring from my bank account to Paypal will apparently take 3-5 business days.[/QUOTE]

I added my Visa Debit card and that was almost instantaneous.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']What's the fastest way to add money to my Paypal account? Transferring from my bank account to Paypal will apparently take 3-5 business days.[/QUOTE]

you can use a credit card to add funds instantly

Please PM me if you are interested in one of these.
Which game you want:
PayPal email:
Steam email:

Half-Life 2 (leftover) $2.36/$1.99 Gift

Counter-Strike: Source (leftover) $4.60/$4.17 Gift

Thanks!
-jester55

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ragnorok64']I just bought Just Cause 2. I've bot 7 slots open, $7.50 (if you send as a gift, $8.00 if you don't) via paypal. I'll likely be managing from my phone most of this evening as I'll be at a friends house, so allow for some lag in PMs.

Edit: I've got 0 slots left.[/QUOTE]I still have 0 slots open.

Starting a Warband group. It will be 5.84 per person for a slot, first come first served. Payment via paypal (please mark as gift to avoid transaction fees) and will need everyone's money before I make the final group transaction. Please check out my trader's rating if needed :)

Pm for a slot and more details. Thanks!

1. kosmos13x
2. Seranza
3. Kroshius
4. Firetruck
5. dimitriz
6. razzuel

Which game you want:
PayPal email:
Steam email:

Thanks!
-jester55

[quote name='jester55']All prices include Paypal fees since most people cannot figure out how to send payment without fees.[/QUOTE]

This is how I deal with the Paypal fees. I give specific instructions. For example, after adding someone to my friends list on Steam, I said this for the Counterstrike Group Buy: "Send $4.17 (24.99 divided by 6 rounded up to the nearest cent) if it's from a bank account, send $4.59 if it's from a credit/debit card (Paypal's fee for that is 2.9% + 30 cents). I don't care how you send it as long as I end up with 4.17. Please identify yourself with the payment so there's no confusion."

This way, there's no misunderstanding. Out of the 3 group buys I hosted, I had only 1 person send too little via Paypal (due to exchange rate issues). And that was cleared up fairly quickly. I am NOT criticizing your way of doing it, but I feel that most CAGers are savvy enough such that some may be turned off by imposed higher price to cover fees that they know how to handle. I hope this helps with your getting more peeps into your groups. Good luck!

I am hosting an Osmos group, so send me a PM if you're interested! I will need your paypal e-mail address and steam e-mail address if it is different.

$1.67 through paypal gift

Which game you want:
PayPal email:
Steam email:

Thanks!
-jester55

Hi everyone! If someone bought the Indie Puzzle Pack and already had a copy of Shatter, i'm interested on buying the leftover copy through PayPal. Please PM me if you are willing to sell it. Thanks!

[quote name='lucasmaxi']Hi everyone! If someone bought the Indie Puzzle Pack and already had a copy of Shatter, i'm interested on buying the leftover copy through PayPal. Please PM me if you are willing to sell it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Steam doesn't work this way. I don't think you get dual copies of things.

Also if you buy Dawn of War 2 Gold and have Dawn of War 2 you get a Gift version.
[quote name='forbiddenx']^It does for some games others it doesnt. ie: orange box and left overs for hl2[/QUOTE]

I am a day late...But I am looking for CS Source. Let me know if someone wants to trade with an active deal I can get in on.

Looking to pay for Mount & Blade: Warband in a group without a surcharge (heh, the CAG motto should be "Tax Kills It!"). I know how to send Paypal money without fees, and I also know how to dress myself and eat food using a knife and fork. :)

I think Gara and NC17 are still looking too?

[quote name='PenguinJim']Looking to pay for Mount & Blade: Warband in a group without a surcharge (heh, the CAG motto should be "Tax Kills It!"). I know how to send Paypal money without fees, and I also know how to dress myself and eat food using a knife and fork. :)

I think Gara and NC17 are still looking too?[/QUOTE]

Yep yep still looking. While I never mastered the art of the knife and fork I too know how to pay with paypal without fees.

Which game you want:
PayPal email:
Steam email:

Thanks!
-jester55

Just include instructions on how to pay without fees, not that difficult. :S

Now that I think about it, I've had about 5 groups (40 paypal payments) and not a single refund needed because of fees.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Looking to pay for Mount & Blade: Warband in a group without a surcharge (heh, the CAG motto should be "Tax Kills It!"). I know how to send Paypal money without fees, and I also know how to dress myself and eat food using a knife and fork. :)

I think Gara and NC17 are still looking too?[/QUOTE]

also know how to send via paypal without fees, looking to get in on M&B:Warband group buy

Already bought a 6 pack of Splinter Cell: Conviction, will send them out for $12.50.

1. uw4nka - paid
2. Cojack426 - paid
3. solaris389 - paid
4. Shen88 - paid
5. Neban - paid
6. matttco - paid

EDIT: All done!

PM me if you're interested with your e-mail address for paypal and steam.

[quote name='jester55']All prices include Paypal fees since most people cannot figure out how to send payment without fees. PLEASE PM THE FOLLOWING SO I CAN KEEP TRACK OF EVERYTHING:[/QUOTE]

Jester

your PM space has been exceeded.

Still a spot left on Mount n Blade? Can I pay using pp gift to lower cost?

In the spirit of trying to be helpful, here are some instructions on how to make a Personal Payment (no fees) on Paypal. Feel free to use them to help speed things along. :p

Step 1:
step1.png
Step 2:
step2.png

Which game you want:
PayPal email:
Steam email:

Thanks!
-jester55

Alright, seeing as how there are so many people looking for JC2, would you guys trust me with buying an 8 pack? All I have for good standing is my 3 year membership.

Edit: Price would be $8.03/$7.50 Gift as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back