Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 Oct 2011 update:
both slots filled; thanks to the two CAGers (feedback posted... BTW, 50 characters is insufficient).

3 Oct 2011 original post:
First time ever hosting a group buy so please help to make it a good experience for all of us.

Have two slots remaining for "Payday: The Heist" @ Steam (not yet released as of ~2am East Coast time Tuesday the 4th, but I've pre-ordered it already).

Asking for $15 per slot (please use the "gift" option in paypal so neither of us has to deal with the processing charges).

Am willing to consider a few game "trades" for a slot, but note that games might be valued at more than $15:
Steam gift of "Fallout New Vegas" or "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines".

Tomorrow Tuesday the 4th, I can reply to you 10-11am East Coast time (EDT) or will have to be much later in the day (probably 9pm EDT and later); just wanted to give the heads-up to avoid anyone thinking I've forgotten to follow up.

Thanks in advance for your interest.

Group Buy Tips:

• One person must volunteer to host a group buy. He or she announces this and asks for other people to join the group buy.
  • Once a group buy is filled, the host needs to edit his or her posts to reflect that the group is no longer open.
  • The people who join a host's group buy will PayPal their portion of the gift pack fee to the host.
  • PayPal will charge the host fees for receiving payments unless the person sending payment selects the Gift option when he/she is sending payment. Use discretion when choosing to gift funds. You will not have buyer protection if the host fails to provide the game to you. Still, if the host has positive trade feedback, it's probably safe to trust that person. Follow this link for an image showing how to select the Gift option at PayPal.
  • After the transaction is complete (the host has received payment and the buyer has received the game), both the buyer and host should leave trade feedback for each other. Do this by clicking on the host's CAG username. From the host's profile, click on Feedback and then submit new feedback.
  • If you have trouble finding a group buy with open slots, consider hosting a group yourself.
  • If you already own a game in a gift pack, you may not be able to host a group buy. Steam doesn't allow it with traditional 4-packs.

Best regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have:
Serious Sam 3 pre-order code

Want:
Make me an offer. Paypal, older games, indie games, or a combo are acceptable. I'm not interested in newer games as I haven't kept my PC up to date for gaming in a couple of years.

Here's a list of stuff that I already have and, as a result, am not interested in.

H: [Steam] - Total War: Shogun 2 - Rise of the Samurai code
W: $8 on Paypal

Please note you MUST own Total War: Shogun 2 on Steam to use this. :)

STEAM
-Have: alpha protocol
Want: binding of isaac or warhead (on sale)

-Have: dirt 3 key (leggit with proof)
Want: isaac + rock of ages or binding of isaac + crysis warhead (on sale) or paypal ($15+fees)

HAVE: Halo Reach Games on Demand Code
WANT: Portal 2 for steam/White or Black or New TS Bills from TF2/7keys from TF2

Of course whoever has the lower rep goes first, send me pm. Thanks...

[quote name='udabenshen']Anyone interested in the Renegade Ops 4 pack? It's effectively 50% off. PM me.[/QUOTE]

So a total of $7.50 per person?

[quote name='udabenshen']Anyone interested in the Renegade Ops 4 pack? It's effectively 50% off. PM me.[/QUOTE]

Count me in

[quote name='Lazer77']So a total of $7.50 per person?[/QUOTE]

That would be right per person

Have extra copies of:
Killing Floor Complete Pack - $20
King Arthur Complete Pack - $15
Elven Legacy - $5
COGS - $3
Half-Life 2 - $4
Far Cry Complete - $15

I've got two extra copies of Dungeon Defenders up for grabs. They're from the 4-pack, so looking for $10.13 via Paypal. The game comes out on the 19th, just FYI.

Edit: Both pending out now. Will update later if anything falls through.

Dungeon Defenders 4-pack ($40.49, so $10.12 per person) group:

Group:
1) Callandor
2) Taras
3) disposable
4) oc_bastard

[quote name='rct316']HAVE: Halo Reach Games on Demand Code
WANT: Portal 2 for steam/White or Black or New TS Bills from TF2/7keys from TF2

Of course whoever has the lower rep goes first, send me pm. Thanks...[/QUOTE]

still available for anyone interested :D

[quote name='Branokil']Selling copies of modern warfare 3 on steam for 56$ each ( using steam trade )

it includes modern warfare 1 just like the pre purchase offer on steam store

http://steamcommunity.com/id/branokil[/QUOTE]

I'm also very interested in taking a MW1 license off your hands if you're parting. PM me as they arrive please!

Dungeons defenders filled!

Can host additional ones as well if you guys would like just send me a PM!

Have:
L4D2
Worms Reloaded
Limbo
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition

Want:
Offers (Games/Money/TF2 items etc)

PM me if you're interested in any of my games, thanks.

Have:
Duke Nukem Forever Hail To The Icons Parody Pack DLC Code

Want:
PayPal
Steam Game Gifts

PM me with offers please!

Last edited:
H: Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Parody Pack DLC code

W: Offers, letting it go cheap as I don't have the game and don't have any interest in it.

Got the code from buying the Borderlands GOTY on Steam, just for reference.

I'll host a Dungeon Defenders 4 pack I guess. $10.13 via Paypal gift. First 2 to pm me. I'm taking off in an hour and a half until later tonight, so ideally let me know before then.

1. Me
2. Girlfriend
3. Finishoff
4. lonfar

edit: all done, for real this time.

Have:
Duke Nukem Forever Hail To The Icons Parody Pack DLC Code

Want:
Titan Quest Gold Gift
Other Steam Game Gifts
PayPal

PM me with offers please!

User with lower feedback sends first.
Have

TF2 Items
Genuine PIP BOY
Gun Boats
Ali Babas Wee Booties
The Huntsman
The Candy Cane
The Gun Slinger and more make me an offer!
Frozen Synapse/Space Chem/Trauma humble bundle

Want
Killing Floor Steam Gift
Left 4 Dead 2 Steam Gift
5 dollars worth of League Of Legends Riot Points
Trade Offers

[quote name='Finishoff']Anyone willing to help with regional pricing for Titan Quest Gold pack?
I'm located in the US, looking for anyone in the EU to help with the pricing.[/QUOTE]
I'm based in the UK and can get it for you for £2.50. It's not as cheap as the EU price, but it's better than nothing.

PM me if interested, I'll be online for another 30 mins before bed :)

[quote name='gabb_']Same here.
Anyone in EU that can help me with Titan Quest pack?
It's $2.50 for you guys.. $5 for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

2.50 Euros = $3.42 USD
Also if you send som1 in europe money from the us through paypal, there is a transaction fee that you need to pay as well (forgot how much).

Ive been waiting for Titan Quest to go on sale since last christmas. It was on sale then, but for some reason I passed on it. I started playing it today and I'm pleased with it. I went into the Spirit skill tree and went straight to the Lich King summoning skill. Holy crap is it overpowered. My lich king goes around one shotting everything.

[quote name='JakeNome']2.50 Euros = $3.42 USD
Also if you send som1 in europe money from the us through paypal, there is a transaction fee that you need to pay as well (forgot how much).[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, did not do the conversion and forgot that there is no "gift" payment if I do this.
Thanks JakeNome.

Now I'm just trying to decide whether or not to purchase it because there is no more official patches / updates and the fanpatch brings up 15 AV detections on virustotal, even though everybody says it's safe.

[quote name='gabb_']Ah yes, did not do the conversion and forgot that there is no "gift" payment if I do this.
Thanks JakeNome.

Now I'm just trying to decide whether or not to purchase it because there is no more official patches / updates and the fanpatch brings up 15 AV detections on virustotal, even though everybody says it's safe.[/QUOTE]
Dude, I've never heard of virustotal before, but I scanned the fanpatch with AVG, MSE, MBAM, McAfee, and Avast. None of them found anything, so whatever this virustotal is it's doing its job badly. Besides, if the fanpatch were a virus, then you think at least some technologically advanced CAG's wouldn't notice?

[quote name='randomdud']Dude, I've never heard of virustotal before, but I scanned the fanpatch with AVG, MSE, MBAM, McAfee, and Avast. None of them found anything, so whatever this virustotal is it's doing its job badly. Besides, if the fanpatch were a virus, then you think at least some technologically advanced CAG's wouldn't notice?[/QUOTE]

www.virustotal.com

44 AV at one place.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about but 15 detections is just a little too much for my taste.

[quote name='gabb_']www.virustotal.com

44 AV at one place.

I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about but 15 detections is just a little too much for my taste.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes more sense.

Here's an explanation:
What some AV programs do is quite simple- they have a clear list for programs published by certain companies or their own findings on certain programs, and a list built over time with potential virus names/traits located in it. Not to doubt the integrity of the checks at virustotal, but it sounds like 15 of the 44 don't actually check the program and just mark it as a potential threat/spam/virus/whatever if the program is an unlicensed .exe, like the fanpatch happens to be. This is sort of a safety net that will protect the user from really stupid viruses, but it will also block the majority of home-grown creations when they may be perfectly legitimate. I suggest looking into the names of the AV that had issues and see if you can recognize any of them.

EDIT: I tested the link and I had 1/16 report it as bad, but PareToLogic doesn't sound very convincing. I guess you're a member at virustotal, so you get access to all 44 program checks? Just take a quick peek at the names that reported it as malware, bad, whatever and if you can't recognize any of them- I suggest just taking the plunge.

Hope this helped, man.

[quote name='randomdud']Ah, that makes more sense.

Here's an explanation:
What some AV programs do is quite simple- they have a clear list for programs published by certain companies or their own findings on certain programs, and a list built over time with potential virus names/traits located in it. Not to doubt the integrity of the checks at virustotal, but it sounds like 15 of the 44 don't actually check the program and just mark it as a potential threat/spam/virus/whatever if the program is an unlicensed .exe, like the fanpatch happens to be. This is sort of a safety net that will protect the user from really stupid viruses, but it will also block the majority of home-grown creations when they may be perfectly legitimate. I suggest looking into the names of the AV that had issues and see if you can recognize any of them.

EDIT: I tested the link and I had 1/16 report it as bad, but PareToLogic doesn't sound very convincing. I guess you're a member at virustotal, so you get access to all 44 program checks? Just take a quick peek at the names that reported it as malware, bad, whatever and if you can't recognize any of them- I suggest just taking the plunge.

Hope this helped, man.[/QUOTE]

Actually you don't have to be a member to get access to all of them. I'm guessing you're not scanning the latest fanpatch 1.17a.
Try scanning the uninstaller.

I ran it in a virtual machine with Windows XP and monitored the outbound connections. It does not try to contact any IP nor does it "drop" some exe in some weird place it shouldn't.

Not trying to take this thread off topic.
But if you go to the release forum you'll see that they even mention this as false positives with I'm 99.99% sure they are.

I've got a spare Duke Nukem Forever DLC code. I don't plan on getting the game so I'm up for whatever anyone wants to trade. PM me.

EDIT: GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back