Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tradeable Steam Games:
Kings Bounty Platinum Edition ($7)
Doublefine Bundle (Stacking, Costume Quest & Psychonauts) ($7)

Gamersgate Giftable Games:
Company of Heroes Gold + Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor ($7)

Steam Keys:
Nexuiz Steam CDkey ($2)
Starvoid Steam CDKey ($4)

Origin Keys:
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin CDKey ($2) or will swap for Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
The Saboteur Origin CDKey ($2) or will swap for Mercenaries 2: World In Flames

Hey if you still have the games I'm interested in buying Beat Hazard and Razor 2 off of you. Here's my steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993460604

Add/message me for paypal

[quote name='Blade']Have (Steam keys):

Alien Shooter - $1
A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda - $1
Beat Hazard Ultra - $1
Dungeon Defenders - $2
Ironclads Collection - $2
King's Bounty: Armored Princess - $1
Making History: The Calm & The Storm - $1
Razor 2: Hidden Skies - $1
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, Braid (combination key) - $3
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution - $1

Have (others):

Any PopCap game priced at $19.95 on the PopCap website - $5
RIFT digital copy - $5
SubSoap Infinity Bundle Key - $25 (one time promotional giving you access to every SubSoap game ever made, the only catch is that the site to redeem it isn't live yet)

Want:

Paypal[/QUOTE]

I was wrong.[quote name='Das_Regal']I googled the regional pricing circumvention thing, and some users who have done it excessively have been warned about it by Valve. The lesson is basically this: buy a few things that way and you're okay. Don't make a habit of it though. If Valve notices a pattern they will give you a warning.

Makes perfect sense, if someone is doing it intentionally there would be a lot of evidence of such on their account, which gives them the grounds to call you out. But if it's only a couple of games, how would the average user actually know they're buying a Ukraine or Russian gift on a few occasions?

They're not going to be heavy handed about enforcing this. You're safe to buy a few games, so I suggest getting deep discounts on the big ones and calling it a day. And make sure you buy a lot of other games in between your RU/Ukraine/Whatever ones.[/QUOTE]Just got this.
This game was activated with a product code that is valid only in a specific geographic region. Since you are not currently in that region, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is not available to play.
Very upset. Wonder if this means my Call of Duty Black Ops II copy is bad too...

I'm out like, 80 bucks now. I was so addicted to X-Com. Such a great game. Overblew my video game budget to get it, and I can't play anymore. This seriously sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Das_Regal']I was wrong.Just got this.Very upset. Wonder if this means my Call of Duty Black Ops II copy is bad too...

I'm out like, 80 bucks now. I was so addicted to X-Com. Such a great game. Overblew my video game budget to get it, and I can't play anymore. This seriously sucks.[/QUOTE]

Where / who did you buy XCOM from and was it a key or steam gift?

[quote name='Carlmundo']Where / who did you buy XCOM from and was it a key or steam gift?[/QUOTE]It was a gift. I bought it from some guy from Steam Trades, but I assume the same is happening to anyone who got a gifted copy of X-Com from a different region.

:( Is all I can say at this point.

[quote name='Das_Regal']It was a gift. I bought it from some guy from Steam Trades, but I assume the same is happening to anyone who got a gifted copy of X-Com from a different region.

:( Is all I can say at this point.[/QUOTE]

Now I am afraid to claim my copy since it is a different region and I am in the US. It is still sitting in my inventory.

[quote name='Das_Regal']They'll take it away from you, don't do it.

At least if it's in your inventory you can trade it. It's totally valueless once you redeem it.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read it looks like they snuck in a Region Lock with the past update to the game. But I thought gifted games didn't have restrictions when redeeming them? Not sure what I am going to do now if this is true. If anyone else has a (RU) copy are you still able to play?

You people should check for tags in Steam gifts titles you are about to buy. Just insist before paying to see whether the game is tagged or not. Always avoid anytthing tagged (RU) or (CIS) because they would be 75% locked (some are not locked just tagged but it is still a risk). Also avoid (DE). (AU) and (JP) (they are censored most of the time but not locked)

XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) PrePurchase and XCOM Enemy Unknown (RU) are region locked. Period

You should always get untagged games or games with (RoW) or (NA) tag (these are region free)

65176981.jpg

Steam keys are totally different thing. COD series cheap Steam keys are mostly (RU) locked for activation (need Russian VPN) and they are risky, while the same COD series in Russian Steam store as gifts are not tagged at all and are region free
Borderlands 2 (RU) Steam keys were region free first although they have (RU) tag but now new keys are locked, while Steam Store gifts were (RU) tagged and locked from the start

As a CAG, I like cheap games, but also would NEVER risk my account with any tagged game (locked or not)

[quote name='r9800pro']As a CAG, I like cheap games, but also would NEVER risk my account with any tagged game (locked or not)[/QUOTE]
Ironically, the only (RU) game I have in my account (that was redeemed via a key) is Witcher 2, and the key came directly from the publisher.

Well then on that note any CAG from Russia looking for XCOM? lol

XCOM Enemy Unknown PrePurchase

Want
Paypal

Damn was really looking forward to playing this game. Oh well.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ironically, the only (RU) game I have in my account (that was redeemed via a key) is Witcher 2, and the key came directly from the publisher.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, I forgot that I traded for the same Witcher 2 (RU) Steam key last year (im my first days of trading) lol

Glad to know that it seems The Witcher 2 Steam keys are only (RU) because the game was only available as a Direct Download DRM Free

[quote name='kiwimonster']Well then on that note any CAG from Russia looking for XCOM? lol

XCOM Enemy Unknown PrePurchase

Want
Paypal

Damn was really looking forward to playing this game. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

You can try to contact Steam support and say that the gift has no indication that it can't be played in certain regions. Steam should put a note in red (just like they did with Guest Passes) on those locked RU gifts that they would not work outside Russia/CIS region

[quote name='kiwimonster']From what I've read it looks like they snuck in a Region Lock with the past update to the game. But I thought gifted games didn't have restrictions when redeeming them? Not sure what I am going to do now if this is true. If anyone else has a (RU) copy are you still able to play?[/QUOTE]

a friend played the game without problem yesterday and now he can't because of the update :S and the RU problem

It's weird that I was able to play for days before they locked it down...

I never should've been unable to unpack the game without a warning if I wasn't going to be able to play it. Steam has seriously failed me, now I'm out a bunch of money.

I have no job and had to move back home.

I do not have the money to buy another freaking copy of XCOM. I am so pissed right now, Steam and 2K better get their crap together and give me my game back.

I have no job and had to move back home.

I do not have the money to buy another freaking copy of XCOM. I am so pissed right now, Steam and 2K better get their crap together and give me my game back.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I have no job and had to move back home.

I do not have the money to buy another freaking copy of XCOM. I am so pissed right now, Steam and 2K better get their crap together and give me my game back.[/QUOTE]

If you already added the game to your library, contact Steam support and ask them to deactivate the RU version and activate the right one for your region. Be polite, patient, convincing and show them it is their fault

[quote name='r9800pro']If you already added the game to your library, contact Steam support and ask them to deactivate the RU version and activate the right one for your region. Be polite, patient, convincing and show them it is their fault[/QUOTE]
I'm terrible at that when it comes to shitty support. :roll:

Good advice though. I really hope you can get things worked out, Broly. That really, really sucks...

Thanks guys. I have had TERRIBLE luck before with multiple things through Steam's Support so I have my fingers crossed that everything works itself out.

For now I am just frustrated because I literally have been looking forward to playing this game again all day. Haha Oy.

[quote name='r9800pro']If you already added the game to your library, contact Steam support and ask them to deactivate the RU version and activate the right one for your region. Be polite, patient, convincing and show them it is their fault[/QUOTE]

This won't work. I had an issue with an RU region. All Steam did for me was repack the game and tell me to retrade it. I went back and forth with them for weeks on end before finally giving up as they wouldn't budge. This was maybe 2-3 months ago.

EDIT:
My case did not involve a ridiculous region lock, so you might have a chance.

Guess I learned my lesson to not purchase RU keys on cag anymore. Especially when I don't know the seller is giving me an RU key to begin with. Man this bums me out because I was really enjoying this game.

This is definitely your only chance. By the sounds of things, they slapped the region lock on it AFTER release and by the time many of you had either traded/bought the game and activated.

If you guys just ignored the tags and didn't bother seeing if their was a region lock, I could see them doing nothing. But for those of you that already played and/or owned the games before it was updated with the lock, I can see them helping you after some back and forth.

Even though it sucks that most of you paid for the gifts, as others have said, I would suggest not mentioning that to support since it's technically against the rules. Good luck.

So as posted in the 2k forums, the Russian copies work now?

I restarted Steam and XCOM runs fine now.

I checked and I still have the (RU) version. Not quite sure what happened on their end but I am sure glad I can play now!

I checked my Licenses + Subscriptions and I have an Item, "Steam" just added and the acquisition method is 'Complimentary'

I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

[quote name='BrolyB593']So as posted in the 2k forums, the Russian copies work now?

I restarted Steam and XCOM runs fine now.

I checked and I still have the (RU) version. Not quite sure what happened on their end but I am sure glad I can play now!

I checked my Licenses + Subscriptions and I have an Item, "Steam" just added and the acquisition method is 'Complimentary'

I wonder if that has anything to do with it?[/QUOTE]

WOW, that is fast turnaround, how many people bought RU versions outside of Russia for those complaints to have generated a response in just a few hours?

[quote name='BrolyB593']

I wonder if that has anything to do with it?[/QUOTE]

I think that shows up when the client updates.

Retroactive region locks are ridiculous.

[quote name='Bakou2']Want:
Dark messiah of might and magic (key)

Have:
Diablo 3 guest passes
paypal[/QUOTE]

I don't think the guest passes do anything any more since the Starter Edition was made available post-launch.

[quote name='espy605']I don't think the guest passes do anything any more since the Starter Edition was made available post-launch.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the guest passes were simply the Starter Edition/demo but being available to people before the 30 day period was up when the game first came out. Guest passes have literally no value what so ever now.

Have :
Borderlands 2 Steam Full Game (26$ Paypall)
Retro City Rampage Steam (Traded)

Want :
Xbox Stuff (MSP,XBLA,GoD,Avatar Stuff)
Paypall

I'd love to know what 2K was thinking with the XCOM patch. They did a similar thing with Borderlands 2, got a shit ton of backlash and then apologized and fixed it. XCOM was fixed within like 6 hours.

As far as I know any gifted game should not be region locked since they allow anyone from any region to gift/trade with anyone from another region. But this isn't the case all the time. If a game is acquired via trade/gift some people have said contacting steam support can get it changed to your correct region. This should happen automatically once you activate the game.

With XCOM I knew they'd fix the issue since it was done after release. I never thought 2K would be able to get away with a post release region lock patch.

Here are some other region locked steam games

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/zxbmd/here_in_russia_and_the_cis_were_getting_our_own/

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']

As far as I know any gifted game should not be region locked since they allow anyone from any region to gift/trade with anyone from another region. But this isn't the case all the time. If a game is acquired via trade/gift some people have said contacting steam support can get it changed to your correct region. This should happen automatically once you activate the game.

[/QUOTE]

That is not entirely true or at least YMMV

I traded (via Steam trade window) some games for Sniper Elite V2 Pre-order which was (DE) tagged but the tag was not clear (lol) and it was a censored version with no Kill Hitler bonus or x-ray kill cam. I contacted Steam and they did not help me at all, the said I should trade it back !

Luckily the trader was honest and we reserved the trade

Black list of region locked games on Steam (with publishers)
  • Borderlands 2 (2K, a.k.a. Take Two, no region locks on retail version)
  • Confrontation (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (Namco Bandai, no region locks on retail version)
  • F1 2012 (Codemasters)
  • Max Payne 3 (Rockstar, a.k.a 2K, a.k.a. Take Two)
  • Ridge Racer Unbounded (Namco Bandai)
  • Spec Ops: The Line (2K, a.k.a. Take Two)
  • The Witcher 2 (CD Project, 1C -- investigating, no region locks on retail version)
Clarification on 'no region locks on retail (boxed) version': The version bought directly from Steam is region locked, the boxed version also uses Steam, but isn't region locked.
This list is based on Steam CDR data, and therefore is fully complete.

Black list of region locked retail games (with publishers)
  • Darksiders 2 (THQ)
  • Prototype 2 (Activision)
  • Risen 2 (Deep Silver)
  • Trine 2 (Atlus)
  • Most, if not all, Valve games
  • Most, if not all, Bethesda games
Dark Souls and Spec Ops The Line were region free untagged when they were pre-orders from Russian Steam store. Risen 2 was Region locked since day one but Risen 2 Collection that was on sale few days ago is not locked lol

[quote name='KaOTiK']Nope, the guest passes were simply the Starter Edition/demo but being available to people before the 30 day period was up when the game first came out. Guest passes have literally no value what so ever now.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok thanx for the info.

Have:

Bethesda Collection (Includes 14 items: BRINK, Brink: SpecOps DLC, BRINK: Doom®/Psycho Combo Pack, Brink: Doom DLC, BRINK: Fallout®/SpecOps Combo Pack, BRINK: Agents of Change, Fallout: New Vegas,
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™, Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money, Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts, Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues , Fallout New Vegas®: Lonesome Road™, Fallout New Vegas®: Gun Runners’ Arsenal™,
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Borderlands 2 Preorder (Tradable region free Steam gift and comes with Premiere Club Includes 2 items: Borderlands 2 ,Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack)

2x Dota 2 Invites

Tera Online (2 keys from Amazon.com one for Tera Online with 1 month subscription included plus pirate hat and eye patch free) *North America Only

Blur

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Saints Row The Third Franchise Pack

Alan Wake Franchise

Trine

Duke Nukem Forever (Steam key)

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter (Steam key)

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (Steam key)

Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - Legend of the Beast DLC Pack (Steam key)

Renegade Ops DLCs (Steam keys)

King's Bounty: The Legend (Steam Key)

Tropico 3 (Steam Key)

Want:

The Amazing Spiderman + DLCs

Risen 2 Collection

Brink Complete Pack

Fallout New Vegas UE

Gamestop Steam Wallet Codes

Amazon GC

Paypal

[Have]

Starcraft II Key (Activates on Battle.net)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Steam Key)
War of the Roses Deluxe (Steam Key)
Dota 2 Invite (Steam Gift)
Ys Origins (Steam Key) *NEW*

Stacking (Steam Key)
Adventures of Shuggy (Steam Gift)
Left 4 Dead (Steam Gift)
Tropico Trilogy (Steam Gift)
Trine (Steam Key)
Psychonauts (Steam Key)
Payday: The Heist (Steam Key)
Rochard (Steam Key)
Quantum Conundrum (Activates on GS app, redeems on Steam)

[Want]

XCOM
Torchlight II
Worms Revolution
Ether Vapor Remaster
Blocks That Matter
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Colour Bind
Cladun X2
Steam Wishlist

PayPal/Amazon Gift Card
PlayStation Credit/Steam Wallet
Offers

Have:
Paypal
Civ 5

Want:
Borderlands 2 Season pass
Skyrim: Dawnguard

Would prefer to trade paypal+civ5 for either of the two above.

Will entertain other offers for Civ 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back