[Steam] Guild Wars 50% off sale - Unknown duration(Week long?)

ddrpower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
header.jpg

Guild Wars Trilogy: http://store.steampowered.com/app/29570/
Guild Wars GOTY: http://store.steampowered.com/app/29540/
Guild Wars Nightfall:http://store.steampowered.com/app/29580/
Guild Wars Faction:http://store.steampowered.com/app/29560/

Trilogy: $20(from $40)
GOTY: $10(from $20)
Nightfall: $15(from $30)
Factions: $15(from $30)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Try doing a little research next time. That is not the reason.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for enlightening us, oh ye of uninformative posts.

[quote name='eastx']Thank you for enlightening us, oh ye of uninformative posts.[/QUOTE]
Enough content to match the quote.

The stickied Guild Wars thread has the answers, but why look into the reason when you can make up your own?

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Most of us probably don't know a sticked GW thread exists. I got here via the deals e-mail I'm subscribed to.[/QUOTE]

Crystal, next time I'll make sure to check every forum and their respective stickies before making a logical assumption. My mistake for stepping on your toes....You should wear shoes.

Nice character name also, Jesse. I'll name mine Security Question Haters' Hater....I figure Crystal Klear is already taken, even though it's misspelled.

I lol'd, despite myself. :)

Sorry, CK

Also, if we're going to, in fact, make up a reason for the security question, let's make up a decent good one.

Reason: Tired of taking queries about stolen accounts, one of the customer service reps at NC Soft drank so much Mt. Dew that his body produced a flatulence geyser so fearsome, it lifted him 10 feet above his chair during a call; the combination of the geyser's specific sonic dissonance through the phone line and the Mt. Dew gurgles of the rep as his headset choked him, flying high above the room, created a rift in the space-time continuum in the caller's home. A grand quest was undertaken by NC Soft customer service to the caller's home and through the rift where people's player characters were found to exist in a quantum reality, and they demanded their names be remembered for the rest of human history so they could continue to exist long after the "delete character" function had been utilized and the servers dismantled. Reporting back to the higher-ups at NC Soft customer service, a solution was reached to kill two birds with one stone, as it were. "We shall enact a security question," they decreed, "which shall eliminate the problem of stolen accounts and simultaneously ensure that these characters' names are remembered for all time. We shall make players type in a character name to log in so that it is irremovably etched upon their braincells and planted mercilessly in the collection unconscious until eternity end.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']It's how I occupy myself until customer support gets me back into my account. :([/QUOTE]

They still haven't? Ridiculous. NCSoft honestly didn't used to be this bad. Yes, they've made a LOT of bad decisions (in my mind), but they always seemed Customer Service oriented.

Most of their negative changes were meant to child-enable their game.

They might be off for the weekend, too, or something... Or maybe they didn't get my reply?? I replied between the green lines like it told me to...

[quote name='thehoweller']They still haven't? Ridiculous. NCSoft honestly didn't used to be this bad. Yes, they've made a LOT of bad decisions (in my mind), but they always seemed Customer Service oriented.

Most of their negative changes were meant to child-enable their game.[/QUOTE]

If you've played any of NCSoft's previous titles, you would know that they don't have a robust customer support staff. Or at least that has been my experience.

When I first purchased Lineage 2 I was unlucky enough to pick up a copy some one already stole the CD key for. I couldn't return it, so it took about two weeks to get that whole ordeal sorted out. A while back they also, for some reason, decided to drop all of the passwords for either their L2 accounts or the master accounts, and I couldn't get my account back for at least a week when I was trying to resubscribe after being away for a few years.

Most of their games don't have many ingame support representatives either, I believe. Not very customer friendly when you have an issue, but their games are fun at least.

[quote name='thehoweller']Crystal, next time I'll make sure to check every forum and their respective stickies before making an assumption.[/QUOTE]
That's a little extreme though it'd probably work. If you start with forums about the platform your games are on, it might work out even better!

Well, they reset my password for the "master account", which I guess is the website. That's kind of useless, but I guess it's the procedure. Meanwhile, they let me know my exact login names, which was helpful (though I'd managed to figure it out on my own).

And finally, they told me the name of my one character (guess I only had one) under my Guild Wars account. Ready for it? Ezirem Sem.

Ezirem Sem??? Where the hell did I come up with that? And they expect me to remember something like that. Well, maybe, but I apparently was dyslexic and temporarily speaking an obscure dialect of Dutch.

Seriously. Where did I get that name? From now on I'll name my characters Bob and Frank and Liz and Samantha.

I can play now tho. :) Hope everyone else had their problems solved by now.

I think you just flipped the word Mesmerize for your character name.

Hmm, I bought Guildwars GOTY and Eye of the North (retail) like a year or 2 ago, but never had time to install/play them. Should I get the trilogy for Nightfall and Faction, just one of them, or are GOTY + EotN enough to enjoy myself?

Ahhaa! You're totally right. I must have flipped mesmerize. Hilarious. Well, good eye figuring that out, and now my curiosity is sated. Maybe I'll remember now too.

Sounds like you'd be fine with what you've got, or maybe want Nightfall. People don't seem to like Factions much.

[quote name='JoJoBlue']I think you just flipped the word Mesmerize for your character name.

Hmm, I bought Guildwars GOTY and Eye of the North (retail) like a year or 2 ago, but never had time to install/play them. Should I get the trilogy for Nightfall and Faction, just one of them, or are GOTY + EotN enough to enjoy myself?[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing. I was sated with GOTY alone, didn't crack open EotN, didn't finish GOTY. I got trilogy only because my friends are jumping on it again, but if they weren't, I wouldn't.

[quote name='JoJoBlue']I think you just flipped the word Mesmerize for your character name.

Hmm, I bought Guildwars GOTY and Eye of the North (retail) like a year or 2 ago, but never had time to install/play them. Should I get the trilogy for Nightfall and Faction, just one of them, or are GOTY + EotN enough to enjoy myself?[/QUOTE]

Nice catch.

Stick with what you have. If you like those, buy the rest at a later date...The prices will continue their downward spiral, although probably not through Steam.

[quote name='crystalklear64']That's a little extreme though it'd probably work. If you start with forums about the platform your games are on, it might work out even better![/QUOTE]

Hey now, no assuming...You might want to check for a sticky on that in another forum.

If you buy all 3 games through Steam, do they show up as separate games in your Steam library? Or is it just a single Guild Wars entry that allows you access to extra stuff in-game?

[quote name='eastx']If you buy all 3 games through Steam, do they show up as separate games in your Steam library? Or is it just a single Guild Wars entry that allows you access to extra stuff in-game?[/QUOTE]
It would just show up as Guild Wars: Trilogy

You guys think if I buy this now, it will eventually work when steam releases support for the mac? (Being a Mac user is a pain in the ass for a gamer)

[quote name='thehoweller']Hey now, no assuming...You might want to check for a sticky on that in another forum.[/QUOTE]
I tell ya, if there was a forum called "Stickies" and I was wondering about stickies, I'd have already found it. Making the leap between PC Forum and a PC game is a little difficult, but don't fret, you'll figure it out eventually.

Crystal, just stop posting. Everything you've said in this thread has been stupid.

Thanks Shenanigans!

By the way, does anyone know how large the installation is for one or all of the games?

[quote name='eastx']Crystal, just stop posting. Everything you've said in this thread has been stupid.

Thanks Shenanigans!

By the way, does anyone know how large the installation is for one or all of the games?[/QUOTE]

Install runs at 2201 MB, then a short patch(~15 minutes, not sure how big). This is for Guild Wars Trilogy.

[quote name='eastx']Crystal, just stop posting. Everything you've said in this thread has been stupid.[/QUOTE]
no u

[quote name='eastx']By the way, does anyone know how large the installation is for one or all of the games?[/quote]
around 4gb -image'd

[quote name='ddrpower']Install runs at 2201 MB, then a short patch(~15 minutes, not sure how big). This is for Guild Wars Trilogy.[/QUOTE]
Then you have to download updates for every new area you walk into. Thats just to get you into the game. Guild Wars streams the updates for all these areas in the background as you play (instead of making you wait hours to patch areas you won't even be seeing for awhile) or you can -image to update everything at once.

bread's done
Back