Steam - Killing Floor and all DLC including the new character pack - 50% off - $9.99

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Killing Floor is pretty much my favorite PC game in years. I've played it for billions of hours. Buy it:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/4453/

This sale includes the base game - which just received a big new free content update - and the DLC character packs, including the new Postmortem character pack. Sale good til Monday.

Also, be sure to check out our CAG Steam group for this fine game:

Join the CAG Killing Floor Steam Group!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll wait and see if they drop it back down to $5 again and pick it up then. Even if the DLC stays at two bucks a pop, it would still be cheaper than buying the set now.

Even though I don't particularly need or want the skin packs I might pick them up just to throw a few more bucks at the developers, they've done an excellent job supporting the game so far. Bought it at whatever the preorder price was and don't really regret it, only downside is almost none of my gaming buddies are into it.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Even though I don't particularly need or want the skin packs I might pick them up just to throw a few more bucks at the developers, they've done an excellent job supporting the game so far. Bought it at whatever the preorder price was and don't really regret it, only downside is almost none of my gaming buddies are into it.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking of doing the same, this game is an absolute blast.

Anyone else notice that the package price (complete pack) is $0.02 more than the individual price?

Just thought that was funny...

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Anyone else notice that the package price (complete pack) is $0.02 more than the individual price?

Just thought that was funny...[/QUOTE]

Haha, yup. Usually they fix this kind of thing before long.

Oh wow, I might have to start playing again. Too bad they didn't increase the level cap again because all my perks are maxed. New maps should be fun though.

great game! got it during the summer sale and totally worth it!

easily, one of the best under the hype radar games I've purchased this year.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']be very wary, I bought it for $5 and did not enjoy one bit[/QUOTE]

Your personal dislike of an excellent game isn't really reason for anyone to be "wary" of it. :|

Great co-op game.

Gameplay question, with the new update did they derp the skrakes again? (a timeline of derp-blitz-derp). He does some more weird crap now that I haven't seen before.

They need to put this game on fukin XBox! I played it at Howie's with some friends, and it was bomb.

Eh, the new update is pretty weak IMO. The balance changes are laughable (nerf the scar and not the xbow? lol) and like two of those 'new' maps were player made and had been around back when I played earlier this year. The one map I did try that was new, Mountain Pass, is seriously weak. It's basically kite everything up one side of the road and back down the other. /yawn

Without a level cap increase, I'm not really interested in getting back into this now with everything else coming out in a few weeks.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Your personal dislike of an excellent game isn't really reason for anyone to be "wary" of it. :|[/QUOTE]

If we're only allowed rampant boosterism, then we're not exactly Cheap Ass Gamer. We're ILL BUY ANYTHING Gamer.

I don't think KF has the quality of other games you can dish up on Steam for $10 sales. And I've been playing it with friends for a while. It's a decent time waster but so is Everyday Squarelogic.

[quote name='MaicoWin']They need to put this game on fukin XBox![/QUOTE]

No.

It's a decent time waster but so is Everyday Squarelogic.
Well, you're entitled to that opinion. This game is my crack, though. What MW2 or TF2 or Halo or Gears of War or WoW is to some people, this game is to me. I could play it forever.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Is the DLC worth getting at all?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever. It just changes what you look like (which, as this is a first person game, is of more effect to other players, than yourself). You'll have to decide the value of that for yourself. Many people view the DLC as, more than anything, a way to give the (incredibly awesome) developer a little extra optional support, and getting a trinket in return. They always do the actual content updates completely free, and keep paid DLC strictly cosmetic. I've bought all of the DLC packs, both because I like the new characters, and because I like the developer.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No.[/QUOTE]
Why not?

Is the DLC worth getting at all?
DLC is different character models. Uniformly, they all look better... or in some ways gaudier... than the not too impressive default costumes. Basically, you get new character choices that you can lord over others who can see your model but can't select without ponying up.

Hell, if the DLC would give me the costumes and let me bypass grinding perks, I'd be all over it at this sale.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Why not?[/QUOTE]
Same reason that Unreal Tournament 1 was a travesty on Dreamcast and PS2. It simply isn't the kind of FPS that would translate well to a gamepad (and I love me some good gamepad-native FPSes, like TimeSplitters and Perfect Dark, but this game simply isn't suited for it).

Never heard of this, but holy fuck what is the deal with the zombie games? I'm still working through Dead Rising 2 and I just bought the L4D games for the last Steam sale... there is no way I'm buying this. I mean jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand.

I think it'd be great on consoles. I just wish they'd add a story mode of some sort, and maybe update the goofier looking enemy models. Still, it's a lot of fun and a great alternative to Left 4 Dead, which I also love.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Never heard of this, but holy fuck what is the deal with the zombie games? I'm still working through Dead Rising 2 and I just bought the L4D games for the last Steam sale... there is no way I'm buying this. I mean jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand.[/QUOTE]

Killing Floor's been out for like 2 years and is a very good game. I think your comment is silly.

[quote name='eastx']Killing Floor's been out for like 2 years and is a very good game. I think your comment is silly.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not mainstream enough for me to have heard of it, and I'm pretty plugged in to the scene.

Regardless, there are too many zombie games. Going with this deal immediately after the L4D deal was just stupid of Valve. Let's follow up our deal on a zombie co-op game... with a zombie co-op game. I mean really?

[quote name='dudejeff22']Well, it's not mainstream enough for me to have heard of it, and I'm pretty plugged in to the scene.

Regardless, there are too many zombie games. Going with this deal immediately after the L4D deal was just stupid of Valve. Let's follow up our deal on a zombie co-op game... with a zombie co-op game. I mean really?[/QUOTE]

Both games just received free content updates so they put them on sale to promote that.

This reminds me that I need to play more killing floor. The game is great but I just have too much stuff to play.

Darn, was hoping it'd be $5. I forgot to get it then during the summer sale and I told myself I would buy it when it hits that price again. So I'll just wait a bit longer.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Never heard of this, but holy fuck what is the deal with the zombie games? I'm still working through Dead Rising 2 and I just bought the L4D games for the last Steam sale... there is no way I'm buying this. I mean jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand.[/QUOTE]

They aren't zombies, they're specimens!

[quote name='Trelow']They aren't zombies, they're specimens![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I never really thought of this game as zombified. More like experiments gone wrong or a Todd MacFarlane collection of monsters.

I know, it's ridiculous! You know what we need more of? Shooting games! I mean all we have is Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Bad Company, Battlefield, Bioshock, RAGE, and a couple more I'm forgetting to mention. I mean, what's a guy gotta do to get another goddamn shooting game?!
You are a silly man.

What's up with all those games that take place in space and feature crazy space aliens? Jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand. What's up with all those games that have cars in them? Jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand. What's up with all of these RPGs with big free-roaming worlds? Jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand. What's up with all these games that take place in the future (and for that matter, the past)? Jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand. What's up with all these techno-warfare games that take place in the present? Jesus man, this is starting to get out of hand. Et cetera, et cetera.

You are really silly.

Well, it's not mainstream enough for me to have heard of it, and I'm pretty plugged in to the scene.
And nothing of value was lost. Please, by all means, stick with your dumbed-down, generic, focus group-approved, mainstream, lowest-common-denominator, mass-market bullshit.

I just wish they'd add a story mode of some sort
I dunno, that would probably end up just as awkward as the story mode in Unreal Tournament 3. Like, I think that L4D works well with a story, because it's core gameplay setup of "get from point a to point b" compliments a linear story quite easily. Killing Floor is based on a wholly different setup, and I don't think it's non-linear nature would work as well with a really defined story, from a gameplay perspective.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']And nothing of value was lost. Please, by all means, stick with your dumbed-down, generic, focus group-approved, mainstream, lowest-common-denominator, mass-market bullshit.[/quote]
HAHA OH WOW.

If you think Killing Floor is in any way, shape, or form the antithesis of that little boogeyman you crafted for yourself... I... I don't know what to say, really.

bread's done
Back