Steam- Last Remnant $9.99

I still have a sealed copy from last christmas for the 360, but the PC version is supposed to be superior. Ill hold out for $5

I would buy it, but I am low on cash and I can't even run Mass Effect well on my PC. So I wouldn't even be able to start this up. I might purchase it and just keep it on the hard drive.

I have tried to play this game 3 times now on my 360, and I always get about an hour or so in and I just lose my interest

Just played the demo and I have to say that I was lost because I don't play RPGs (I usually stay away from RPGs and RTS because of the higher learning curve compared to Fighters or FPSs that I do play). I lost to the first big boss because I didn't know what I was doing. Maybe I need to take baby steps and play a free RPG and get the hang of them first before buying this. The last RPG I can remember really playing was Brave Fencer Musashi on the Playstation. So this is over my head. Wanted to pick this up because I will have alot of time on my hands next year and need as many PC games as I can get.

Headpiece most Japanese RPGs are extremely easy. It sounds like you're just impatient to learn their gameplay systems.

Have it for the 360 (still shrink wrapped). I prefer my PC (ya, I know, minority on that) and love RPG's, most any. SO think I will pick this up. Was wondering about 360 to PC changes and i think one of the above posts explained it. Sounds like the annoying things are gone (drug out cut sceens i can skip if i have seen or FF if i want). I love the FF games, but spending 30 minutes watching cut sceens before i can play can get annoying sometimes.

I've only played this on the 360, The Last Remnant is a game that suffers from the occasional ridiculously long battles wherein there are too many enemy reinforcements. Even so, I still enjoyed the game and the story up until the point where I realized the PC version removed the team leader limits and let you recruit the Seven, and decided I'm only going to play through the game once and it will be on the PC.

As a J-RPG, there's nothing particularly unique or special about this game, but it's not that bad either.

[quote name='Rasen']Even so, I still enjoyed the game and the story up until the point where I realized the PC version removed the team leader limits and let you recruit the Seven, and decided I'm only going to play through the game once and it will be on the PC.[/QUOTE]

What does this mean? Is this a good thing?

[quote name='Lord Jezo']What does this mean? Is this a good thing?[/QUOTE]

It's a neutral thing. It means that the PC version is superior to the 360 version, and that I have a game backlog the size of Minnesota.

I've been looking at the 360 version of this for awhile, and the $10 price point (and the seemingly superior version on the PC) sells me on it. Based on reviews, I didn't want to spend more than $10...but for the price for a movie ticket, this seems like a deal.

I've played through half of the game and I've really enjoyed it. I could stop now and it would be one of my favorite RPGs I've played in a while. The overall design of the game is just very good. Turbo mode and autosaves are really awesome. The game feels very user friendly, I rarely get frustrated or feel impatient. I really like the art style and this sort of epic vision of the world, the music is just awesome and the battles look and sound slick. I dunno if it's just me but I really like some of the English voice acting actually - I go through some trouble to keep certain characters in the army just to here their lines more often [although I also keep one or two out of the opposite reason, tehhehe... :)].

But yeah, don't go just by the reviews: it's probably a matter of taste and more people love the game than you'd think. The review averages are embarrassingly deceptive and would have you believe the PC version is somehow equal or even inferior to the 360 version.

Also, about enemies scaling to your strength, this is how I understand it: the enemies do not scale to your armies battle rank - but they do scale to the stats of individual party members. I'm pretty sure this is done so you are not penalized as much for including weaker members of your army in your party. You do get stronger though, so grinding is hardly futile.

There is one thing for the PC version though: linking and fighting multiple enemies does not increase your battle rank [which, again, enemies do not scale to] as much as if you had fought the enemies separately - but it does increase the stats of individual party members [which enemies do scale to] just as much. This means you really need to balance going for larger and more difficult links to get relatively more rare item drops versus taking it easy and going for multiple smaller links to increase your battle rank faster.

bread's done
Back