Steam - Left 4 Dead $23.99 sale

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
looks like this will probably be the weekend deal, sale ends on May 4th

anyone who doesn't own this better play it for free today (through 12am GMT tomorrow) and then buy it :bomb: such an amazingly awesome game

Just beats Amazon's current offering by 3 dollars. I was quietly hoping that this wouldn't be the weekend deal since I already have the game.

The language isn't quite the same as the usual "Weekend Deal" terminology, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second, different deal this weekend.

I hope not, though. I'm having enough trouble keeping up with everything I need to buy on Steam as it is.

Wow this a dollar better than the 50% off deal they did for Valentine's Day weekend. Nice move by Valve. Definitely will get a lot of people to buy this after trying it out tomorrow.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The language isn't quite the same as the usual "Weekend Deal" terminology, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second, different deal this weekend.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm hoping they still have a weekend deal tomorrow. They very rarely offer weekend deals beginning on Thursday evenings. L4D might be a special event kinda thing.

[quote name='Serik']Yeah, I'm hoping they still have a weekend deal tomorrow. They very rarely offer weekend deals beginning on Thursday evenings. L4D might be a special event kinda thing.[/quote]

they've done it before in the past so I'd be surprised if there is another deal tomorrow

[quote name='basis']anyone noticed there's a L4D Four Pack offer (which you're supposed to gift to others)

At this present moment it's at $119.99. Doing the math, thats $29.99... more than the L4D Weekend Deal. hmmm.... odd.
it's over @ this link http://store.steampowered.com/app/500/[/QUOTE]

Ya, but that's the normal price for the pack when the game is $40, only the individual game is on sale.

I'm picking this up, I was waiting for a sale to grab it on PC where the bigger playerbase is.

The steam forums are having the same discussion on whether it is the Weekend Deal or not. The timing makes it the weekend deal, but wording doesn't follow. I would say it is the Weekend Deal.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Tempting, but I'm going to play tomorrow for free to see how it runs on my PC first.[/quote]

you could be playing right now, the free day started at 12am GMT which was 8pm EDT and 5pm PDT

[quote name='buckythekat']you could be playing right now, the free day started at 12am GMT which was 8pm EDT and 5pm PDT[/quote]

haha, well damn.

[quote name='mtxbass1']haha, well damn.[/quote]

its actually kinda weird how they are doing it

since its just 24 hours that means it ends at 5pm pacific time tomorrow

I have been holding out for a Left 4 Dead deal for awhile now. I was hoping it would hit $19.99 but I will take this as well :D

[quote name='buckythekat']its actually kinda weird how they are doing it

since its just 24 hours that means it ends at 5pm pacific time tomorrow[/quote]

I just played through for the first time with a pretty good team. Is there more to the game than just the "movie"? It took us about an hour from start to finish...

[quote name='mtxbass1']I just played through for the first time with a pretty good team. Is there more to the game than just the "movie"? It took us about an hour from start to finish...[/quote]

There are 4 campaigns to play through:
Hospital
Airport
Seaside Town
Farm

So there are 4 "movies." You can play these campaigns cooperatively at different difficultly levels for replay value. You can also play Versus, which uses the same campaigns, and you can also play "Survivor" mode, which takes various maps from the campaigns and modifies them for a "How long can you last" type gameplay, much like Horde Mode from CoD:WaW

I played coop campaign couple of times and really liked it. It was fun and I love games that are based heavily on teams, no one man army. I'm gonna get it when it hits lower though since I have to concentrate on school. Hopefully it'll be $10-15 the next time when I can play more games.

Combining a free trial weekend, with a big sale. Smart move by Steam, although the free trial is pretty short, it would seem smarter to extend it through the weekend.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I just played through for the first time with a pretty good team. Is there more to the game than just the "movie"? It took us about an hour from start to finish...[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's mostly about the Versus mode. That's where all the fun is IMO.

[quote name='kilm']much like Horde Mode from CoD:WaW[/QUOTE]

I don't think our WWII soldiers would last very long against a Locust invastion.

On the other hand, Delta Squad would probably waste the Nazi Zombies pretty easily.

I picked this game up when it came out for $50 and it has been worth every penny. At $24, you are crazy not to pick it up... unless you don't have a PC. The games scales really well and you can play it on sort of older hardware. Valve is always good with this.

Also as someone else posted... the player base is much bigger on the PC and that's how it always is. TF2 is the same way.

For anyone who is playing the game as part of the free promotion, has your time remaining listed next to the game just gone up? A few minutes ago mine said about 2 hours, but now it's back up to 19. Maybe they're extending the promotion? Or it's just a glitch...

[quote name='Viper45']For anyone who is playing the game as part of the free promotion, has your time remaining listed next to the game just gone up? A few minutes ago mine said about 2 hours, but now it's back up to 19. Maybe they're extending the promotion? Or it's just a glitch...[/QUOTE] Mine just went up too.

Mine has gone up to.. by the way.. I played the pre-release demo of this on PC.. then bought it on Xbox 360, and now i'm playing the pre-load Freaky Friday on PC.. OMG is the PC version better.. I am a pretty hardcore PC guy, but I wanted to play this with some 360 fans.. no contest. i'm selling the 360 version and buying it again on PC.. Go Valve!

bread's done
Back