Steam - Lucasarts Week - Monkey Island 1/2 & Bundle - 50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Monday:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition $7.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (65)

Tuesday:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (93)

Wednesday:
Empire at War: Gold $5.00 (75% off)

Metacritic:
Empire at War (79)
Forces of Corruption (75)

Thursday:
Star Wars: Battlefront II $5.00 (75% off)
Metacritic (78)

Weekend:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
The Secret of Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle $7.49 (50% off - 63% savings)

================
Weeklong:
Star Wars Collection $49.99 (50% off - 66% total savings)
includes:
Other Lucasarts Games on Steam:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']It was the now infamous 'Force Armor' DLC.[/QUOTE]
infamous? eh? I dont remember it at all. What was the problem with it besides if I recall it being pretty lackluster.

[quote name='token2k6']damn!!! Definitely gonna get this, what a no-brainer. Didn't this have some kind of primitive DLC back in the day? Does Steam version have any of that?

what is, under graphics req., "Hardware T&L" ?? All I have is puny on-board graphics..[/QUOTE]

The only DLC for this game was on the Xbox and it was for the Yavin space station that was basically a combat encounter and a store that sold some high end items. All PC versions of KotOR came with this DLC in the game already so you aren't missing anything.

I have KOTOR on disc staring at me. I'm trying to decide whether I should get it on Steam too. Anyone know if it plays better, worse, or the same as the disc version?

How does this play with keyboard and mouse? Or is it better with a gamepad?

Played it on xbox years ago and loved it. $2.50 is hard to pass up.

Also does it support widescreen res?

I have so many good memories of playing through this game on the original XBOX. This was my first introduction to the video game studio Bioware, a legendary PC developer I had not known of at that point. But the excellent voiced dialogue, the fun battle system, and the great storyline swayed this toward being one of my favorite XBOX games.

From there, I followed their titles, from Jade Empire to Mass Effect to Dragon Age. Quite easily one of my favorite video game studios. I look forward to seeing Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3!

For $2.50, I don't mind double-dipping to have a Steam copy on demand. ^^ Highly recommended.

[quote name='sp8001']How does this play with keyboard and mouse? Or is it better with a gamepad?

Played it on xbox years ago and loved it. $2.50 is hard to pass up.

Also does it support widescreen res?[/QUOTE]

I think it plays just fine with keyboard and a mouse, it plays a lot like Dragon Age Origins or Neverwinter Nights a bit on the PC if you have played those.

The res can go up to 1600x1200

[quote name='pROvIs']infamous? eh? I dont remember it at all. What was the problem with it besides if I recall it being pretty lackluster.[/QUOTE]
Oh c'mon, someone has to get this joke. Tough crowd. :\

[quote name='token2k6']what is, under graphics req., "Hardware T&L" ?? All I have is puny on-board graphics..[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you'll be fine, unless you have something worse than Intel G35.

[quote name='Jodou']It was the now infamous 'Force Armor' DLC.[/QUOTE]
More like 'Horse Armor'.

Couldn't resist this classic for the price of a burger :)

Also it does support widescreen with a mod...

Can't wait to dive into this game again.

And since requesting it seemed to work, here is a vote for both the Monkey Island remakes at 75% off :) sometime this week

[quote name='LordCrono27']got it back on black friday. Wishing they would put the 2nd one on steam alrdy ]=[/QUOTE]

I second that!

as much I love KOTOR I know it will be 2.50$ again
great deal for those who have never played the game
still waiting for Monkey Island 2 to hopefully drop this week

[quote name='fei33']I have so many good memories of playing through this game on the original XBOX. This was my first introduction to the video game studio Bioware, a legendary PC developer I had not known of at that point. But the excellent voiced dialogue, the fun battle system, and the great storyline swayed this toward being one of my favorite XBOX games.

From there, I followed their titles, from Jade Empire to Mass Effect to Dragon Age. Quite easily one of my favorite video game studios. I look forward to seeing Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3!

For $2.50, I don't mind double-dipping to have a Steam copy on demand. ^^ Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

If you like all those games then you might want to ebay a copy of the Baldur's Gate series by them. Get the original box and you get all the cool cloth maps and parchments. Primitive now, but so ahead of it's time in 2000! And the story elements will always hold up. Neverwinter Nights is also good.

i would like to put in a request for republic commando :)

KOTOR should be an insta-buy for anyone who hasn't played it... I have my hard copy on hand and I'm tempted to rebuy just for convenience.

Shoot, I'll buy KotOR for 2.50. Can I buy it on my mac and download it on my PC? I feel safer using my CC and stuff on mac.

I'm hoping for another sale on Empire At War personally. I tried to grab it during the Steam summer sale but got locked out of my account for using too many different cards I suppose :(

Can anyone help me purchase KOTOR? Steam doesn't accept Instant Transfer and I'd be willing to pay a bit more if you could gift it to me. I'll send you the payment first! Please let me know!

[quote name='mr_bungle']Shoot, I'll buy KotOR for 2.50. Can I buy it on my mac and download it on my PC? I feel safer using my CC and stuff on mac.[/QUOTE]

That's no problem whats so ever. If you have never used steam before, here's a quick description: You buy it either through your favorite web browser or the steam client (which can be installed on either mac or windows) and then the game become once and forever entirely tied to your account. So you then open up the steam client on the machine you wish to install your game on, find the game in the games list and install. Online needed to install, but aside from the valve multiplayer games you can through steam into offline mode after installing to not use as many resources.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']If they have a decent deal on Battlefront II, then I'll have everything I wanted.[/QUOTE]

This. I too have all the Star Wars/Lucas Arts games from the last Black Friday Sale (same prices as now actually). The only one that evaded me was Battlefront II. If it continues with the 75% off, it should be only $4.99. :)

I installed it but am having major control issues. My mouse can move the cursor but I can't click, and half the time the arrow keys aren't working. Any idea what the issue is? KOTOR Steam btw.

[quote name='drakesvg']Damn, already have kotor on d2d but for $2.50 looks like i will get it just to add it to my steam list of games.[/QUOTE]Same. Bought it just last week on D2D but I'm wondering if I should just re-buy it for the simple fact I can have a (complete, as in info) version in my Steam list.

KOTOR is one of my favorite games ever, but I already have it on steam. I've always hoped they would add KOTOR 2 to steam but I always heard it doesn't run very well on vista.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']I installed it but am having major control issues. My mouse can move the cursor but I can't click, and half the time the arrow keys aren't working. Any idea what the issue is? KOTOR Steam btw.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, your best bet is the Steam forum for that game. Any time I've had trouble running a Steam game, the forum almost always has an answer.

Good luck.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']That's no problem whats so ever. If you have never used steam before, here's a quick description: You buy it either through your favorite web browser or the steam client (which can be installed on either mac or windows) and then the game become once and forever entirely tied to your account. So you then open up the steam client on the machine you wish to install your game on, find the game in the games list and install. Online needed to install, but aside from the valve multiplayer games you can through steam into offline mode after installing to not use as many resources.[/QUOTE]

Why thank you, sir. Will buy shortly.

I got one. I couldn't resist the price, although I feel like I've already played this 10 times on the console. Are there any kinds of mods or hacks for this that add new levels?

[quote name='DJ_Tet']I installed it but am having major control issues. My mouse can move the cursor but I can't click, and half the time the arrow keys aren't working. Any idea what the issue is? KOTOR Steam btw.[/QUOTE]

I ran into this issue too. Turning on V-Sync fixed it for me.

popped my steam cherry with KOTOR 9 months ago....

Now I have over 60 games from my new steam addiction!

Damn you steam! :)

Have fun with steam all you newbies - the deals are a rush in and of themselves!

I grabbed this...was kind of put off after hearing a lot of people were having issues playing it on Windows 7 but it worked nicely for me out of the gate. 64bit as well. Now I can get around to playing this....$2.50 feels like a steal.

[quote name='jab1235']kotor worth it? i've liked mass effect 2, dragon age, and kinda mass effect.[/QUOTE]

If you like Star Wars, then you will LOVE KOTOR. The combat is the same as Dragon Age but the story, mission variety and characters are spectacular. Easily one of my (and I'm sure many others) top 5 favorite games of all time. For $2.50 that's a ton of gameplay value.

Gosh, thinking about getting the package, even though I own probably over half these on xbox. Hmmm...If it had KotOR 2, instant sale, since I never played it (though I heard it isn't all that great) :whistle2:(

[quote name='jab1235']kotor worth it? i've liked mass effect 2, dragon age, and kinda mass effect.[/QUOTE]

Mass effect follows pretty much the same formula as KOTOR.

It's 2 dollars and 50 cents

[quote name='Eelkram']Mass effect follows pretty much the same formula as KOTOR.[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind that the battle system has been quite refined slowly over several games. Just know that there have been several games between KOTOR and ME2/Dragon Age which have slowly improved on the system and ironed out kinks.

Most of these games actually owe their mechanics to Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. All of them are great games but I think the mechanics are usually remembered more fondly then they actually were. They were very functional at the time but by today's standards clunky or even overbearing.

That being said if you are a Star Wars fan and haven't played KOTOR you need to do yourself a favor and buy this for the story alone.

Games since KOTOR:
Jade Empire
ME
Dragon Age
ME2

bread's done
Back