Steam - Lucasarts Week - Monkey Island 1/2 & Bundle - 50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Monday:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition $7.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (65)

Tuesday:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.49 (75% off)
Metacritic (93)

Wednesday:
Empire at War: Gold $5.00 (75% off)

Metacritic:
Empire at War (79)
Forces of Corruption (75)

Thursday:
Star Wars: Battlefront II $5.00 (75% off)
Metacritic (78)

Weekend:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
The Secret of Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge: Special Edition $4.99 (50% off)
Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle $7.49 (50% off - 63% savings)

================
Weeklong:
Star Wars Collection $49.99 (50% off - 66% total savings)
includes:
Other Lucasarts Games on Steam:

Last edited by a moderator:
can't wait for noon-time to see what today's game will be..

is it me, or does KOTOR on the PC feel like a point and click adventure game? Maybe I didn't have all the controls down, but I couldn't figure out how to freely walk..(only tried for the 2 mins in the wake-up room) but having to pan-n-scan with the mouse, then choose an object to go up to felt so weird!

[quote name='token2k6']can't wait for noon-time to see what today's game will be..

is it me, or does KOTOR on the PC feel like a point and click adventure game? Maybe I didn't have all the controls down, but I couldn't figure out how to freely walk..(only tried for the 2 mins in the wake-up room) but having to pan-n-scan with the mouse, then choose an object to go up to felt so weird![/QUOTE]

use wasd to walk around

Also for those of you having some mouse problems or crashes after the lucas video:
Try disabling hardware mouse or running in xp compatibility mode. I had to disable visual themes, desktop composition and display scaling on high DPI settings in campatibility options as well and then it ran flawless with widescreen hack and 1080p on win 7 64-bit enterprise.

It's typically 1 EST with these kinds of things, but with Valve you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='casual_alcoholic']Out of curiosity, what time does the Steam Store usually update? Is it random or is it a fixed time every day?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's noon central standard time when they update.

Decided to bite on KOTOR even though I have a physical copy. I mean it's $2 freaking .50

[quote name='pROvIs']They haven't update the graphics yet but it looks like Empire at War Gold was just discounted to $5[/QUOTE]

Yep, looks like that's the deal today...

Hopefully the whole week isn't all Star Wars.

Still hoping for Monkey Island 1 and 2.

[quote name='pROvIs']They haven't update the graphics yet but it looks like Empire at War Gold was just discounted to $5[/QUOTE]
Yep, just updated it.

Too bad I already have the last couple of games they've discounted. I'd love to see a $5 price on the Jedi Knight Collection so I can put away my old CDs.

Hmmm, Empire at War for $5? I just might have to bite on this one too. Damn, this is why I try to stay away from Steam as much as possible. It's a dangerous game. Very slippery slope.

C'mon dammit, I already have these. All I need is Battlefront II, which unlike Empire at War, hasn't been on sale at the same price within the past 3 months.

[quote name='plutoknight']Hmm what exactly is Empire At War...an RTS?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it's awesome.

Unfortunately I'm irked that Battlefront 2 wasn't today's deal. I want that game for $4.99 already!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yes, and it's awesome.

Unfortunately I'm irked that Battlefront 2 wasn't today's deal. I want that game for $4.99 already![/QUOTE]

I just saw a 2pack of SW Battlefront 1+2 for $6 at Big Lots over lunch. You might hit that up if you have one nearby.

[quote name='El Gray']I just saw a 2pack of SW Battlefront 1+2 for $6 at Big Lots over lunch. You might hit that up if you have one nearby.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I will man, thanks! I have a couple of them near me, here's hoping one of them has it!

[quote name='drakesvg']So overall is Empire at War recommended at that price? I do enjoy RTS but i dont want another Force Commander[/QUOTE]

Totally. Force Commander gave Star Wars a notoriously bad start in the RTS genre (and before anyone says anything about Rebellion or about it being bad, fuck you, it wasn't an RTS, and it was also fucking incredible), but both other RTSes, Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire at War, were really great .

yes empire at war is a very competent RTS. i had a blast playing it when it came out, havent played since so not sure how it holds up.

definitely worth $5, i may buy since i dont have my old copy.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Totally. Empire at War was the Star Wars RTS that really got it right.[/QUOTE]

I still have a soft spot for Galactic Battlegrounds :) but that was because I was an AOE2 fan.

[quote name='pROvIs']I still have a soft spot for Galactic Battlegrounds :) but that was because I was an AOE2 fan.[/QUOTE]
See edit. I saw fit to mention the rather excellent Galactic Battlegrounds.

Yes I must agree Galactic Battlegrounds was really good even if all it was, a skinned AoE, nothing like sending a jedi army to destroy your foes :applause:, come to think of it why isnt that game on steam along with Kotor 2

[quote name='sp8001']

[/QUOTE]

I myself wouldn't expect a Lucasarts deal that wasn't a Star Wars game. Lucasarts won't get off that teat until it's bone dry.

[quote name='drakesvg']Yes I must agree Galactic Battlegrounds was really good even if all it was, a skinned AoE, nothing like sending a jedi army to destroy your foes :applause:, come to think of it why isnt that game on steam along with Kotor 2[/QUOTE]

I think it had a lot more strategy to it then AOE or at least different. It introduced quite diverse races vs the fairly similar ones in AOE, flying units, shields, Semi-hero units with unique abilities, extra 50 character pop limit, etc. It really changed the dynamic.

I remember in AOE2 walls were one of the most important things you can build. It Galactic Battlegrounds it made little difference to a cloaked Jedi or an x-wing.

It isn't digitally distributed anywhere. I wonder if its a licensing issue with the AOE2 engine. The good news is it looks like its fairly common to find on cd through amazon and ebay. When I looked and purchased a few years ago I had to import from Australia to get a copy with clone wars.

[quote name='drakesvg']Yes I must agree Galactic Battlegrounds was really good even if all it was, a skinned AoE, nothing like sending a jedi army to destroy your foes :applause:, come to think of it why isnt that game on steam along with Kotor 2[/QUOTE]

As I recall, Galactic Battlegrounds has some pretty serious problems with Windows 7 and whatnot, so that could be a factor, I imagine.

Yeah true GB did add some new stuff to the AOE mix.
But if all we are going to get this week from steam is star wars games , bring on the Rebel Assault 2, i love me some FMV games the graphics still cant be top lol.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']As I recall, Galactic Battlegrounds has some pretty serious problems with Windows 7 and whatnot, so that could be a factor, I imagine.[/QUOTE]

It has some color issues that can be fixed with a reg hack or by suspending explorer.exe while playing.

:) excuse my cheapshot but its not like Windows 7 compatibility stopped them from putting out KOTOR :)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Totally. Force Commander gave Star Wars a notoriously bad start in the RTS genre (and before anyone says anything about Rebellion or about it being bad, fuck you, it wasn't an RTS, and it was also fucking incredible), but both other RTSes, Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire at War, were really great .[/QUOTE]

Rebellion was awesome.

[quote name='pROvIs']It has some color issues that can be fixed with a reg hack or by suspending explorer.exe while playing.

:) excuse my cheapshot but its not like Windows 7 compatibility stopped them from putting out KOTOR :)[/QUOTE]
I've played KOTOR perfectly fine on Windows 7...

[quote name='streakermaximus']Rebellion was awesome.[/QUOTE]

It was great until you learned the tactic of only blowing up refineries. Seriously every time you blow one up, the enemy loses 50 credits. Plus loses income. Easy win. That said, I put more hours into that game than most other SW games... except TIE Fighter :)

Better deal then then the bad on the Force Unleashed, worse then the good deal on
Kotor. So Bad, Good, Average.....Lets see great tomorrow! Still this games space combat is easly worth 5 bucks, just don't go in hoping for Hoth =)

[quote name='Lord_Zath']... except TIE Fighter :)[/QUOTE]

I just reinstalled that on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC a month or so ago.

It's just as great as I remembered.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Come on Republic Commando or Battlefront 2....[/QUOTE]

!!!!!

I have bf2 on the ps2, but I could really get in to some multiplayer on steam... and i've been waiting for a sale on republic commando for roughly infinity years.

[quote name='sp8001']

Still hoping for Monkey Island 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

Septemeber was the first month last year that Steam had a sale on Monkey Island 1, so it would make sense to see a sale on part 2 this month.

Also, considering the Monkey Island bundle is on sale for PS3 right now (1 and 2 for $7.50) and "International Talk Like A Pirate Day" is September 19th, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a similar deal on Steam within the week.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Man, nothing for me so far. Already have KOTOR and don't need another RTS in my backlog. Come on Republic Commando or Battlefront 2....[/QUOTE]

Republic Commando, and BF2 are exactly what I'm hoping for as well.

I'm hoping for Armed and Dangerous. It's pretty cheap already, but still. Something about me doesn't want to pay 10 bucks for a mediocre game just because it's supposed to be funny.

I remember playing, enjoying and finishing Republic Commando years ago but I'll be damned if any of those screenshots look familiar to me. Maybe if it goes on sale I'll refresh my memory.

Battlefront 2 - $5... Not on the home page yet but the price is active if you search for it. Loved this for xbox, definitely picking this up for my laptop... comes in handy during those mandatory library hours, heh.

hmm never played the second. How is the single player? I felt the first was basically a star wars take on battlefield

I never got into battlefront 2, single player tended to be fairly boring I thought, and while I imagine the multiplayer could be intresting, particularly the space battles, they were never more then disorganized messes.

I was hoping for Republic Commando....you've failed me today steam....guess theres always tomorrow.

[quote name='pROvIs']hmm never played the second. How is the single player? I felt the first was basically a star wars take on battlefield[/QUOTE]

I played both of them years ago on xbox... They were kind of fun, but not great. I think I am going to pass on this. KOTOR is enough Star Wars for me for a while.

Still hoping for a Monkey Island sale, but its not looking good :cry:

Monday thru Thursday was Star Wars... why would they break the cycle. It looks like I'm gonna have to wait until the winter sale.

My prediction is Republic Commando tomorrow. Might bite on that for $2.50. I liked that one a lot more than Battlefront 1 or 2.

So why is KOTOR 2 not on Steam? I never noticed that until now...

I have the first one on PC and the second I sold my Xbox version, so if I were to buy one it would be 2. (Which is why I passed the other day on KOTOR)

Nice, never played Battlefront 2. Also hoping for Republic Commando tomorrow, but something tells me it's going to be a Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy deal. Hopefully it's a collection of all of them. :)

[quote name='BrolyB593']So why is KOTOR 2 not on Steam? I never noticed that until now...

I have the first one on PC and the second I sold my Xbox version, so if I were to buy one it would be 2. (Which is why I passed the other day on KOTOR)[/QUOTE]

you can only ask lucas why but it was made by a different manufacture and largely not considered as good. The digital rights etc are probably different is my guess or they don't think it will make enough to bother.

[quote name='pROvIs']you can only ask lucas why but it was made by a different manufacture and largely not considered as good. The digital rights etc are probably different is my guess or they don't think it will make enough to bother.[/QUOTE]

Lame, I think each had its own 'goodness' if you will. Regardless, I want the second one on PC! Oh well, it seems like I never will then.

*I did pick up Battlefront 2, despite having an Xbox copy besides me at the moment haha, I couldn't pass this game up.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Lame, I think each had its own 'goodness' if you will. Regardless, I want the second one on PC! Oh well, it seems like I never will then.

*I did pick up Battlefront 2, despite having an Xbox copy besides me at the moment haha, I couldn't pass this game up.[/QUOTE]

I see retail pc copies of it in the stores quite frequently even today, I just haven't seen a digital version.

bread's done
Back