STEAM Midweek Madness - Alien Breed $7.49 or two for $11.24 ($5.62 each)

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']This looks more fun than Alien Swarm.[/QUOTE]

They're about the same, except this one only supports two players. I'd definitely recommend it at this price.

From the forums it looks like this is a single player game with co-op tacked on, IF you can actually get co-op running, lots of connection issues. Alien Swarm is getting recommended more for co-op play. But Breed actually has a single player and supposedly has better graphics and atmosphere when compared to Swarm.

[quote name='BinaryTB']From the forums it looks like this is a single player game with co-op tacked on, IF you can actually get co-op running, lots of connection issues. Alien Swarm is getting recommended more for co-op play. But Breed actually has a single player and supposedly has better graphics and atmosphere when compared to Swarm.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm the graphics part, atleast x2 or x3 better.

I also posted this in the Steam discussion area, though
that will most likely not see the traffic this thread will...

If anyone is willing to pilot a two-pack. I am in.

Yeah, I have this. It's definitely a single-player game with an afterthought co-op mode. If you like Alien Swarm, this is a good purchase.

I might be interested in a two-pack if the game supports local co-op.

This question might be unexpected, but does Alien Breed support local co-op?

Thanks for the info, Cheapo. Unfortunately, that settles that; Games that you can play together with pals [in the same room] are awesome to me. This would have been a game I bought solely for that purpose.

Sadly, Alien Swarm's got me covered in this case.

On the Steam forums people have been saying that Alien Swarm is much more fun since there's more variety in strategies while Alien Breed is the same strat over and over. I can see how that's true especially on insane difficulty which is what I'm usually playing.

The same thing over and over? Maybe if you're talking about Alien Breed's 3 co-op levels. The single-player game, while it all comes down to shooting bad guys, has a lot more variety in the levels and a feeling of exploration. There are secret items and collectibles to search for as well. Plus the story is more important since it's not just told in text pads that you'll skip because you're playing with other people (like in Alien Swarm).

bread's done
Back