The Dig

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6040/

Loom

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32340/

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

http://store.steampowered.com/app/32310/

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6010/

EDIT: Maybe some foreshadowing on the Weekend Deal since this is what I see instead of a Lucasarts sale banner.

spotlight.jpg

i'll probably go for this. i'm surprised i haven't bought these games yet. also, hoping the other lucasarts adventure games will find their way on steam.

Ha, when Steam launched the mac client two weeks ago and were pushing this pack, Lucasarts were warning people that "the great price of $9.99" for the pack was a "limited time" thing. Wouldn't have guessed they meant it would be moving in a downwards direction, though.

It's a great pack, I picked it up in the holiday sale for $2.50. They're the classic games (original graphics, sound, and gameplay), but with an updated interpreter for Windows compatibility (and Mac now, I guess).

[quote name='Plinko']Do these work with Windows 7?[/QUOTE]
They should, the interpreter has been rewritten for win32. If not, it's pretty easy to extract the data files (requires Python be installed) from the games in the pack, so you can run them through ScummVM on everything from Windows 7 to an Atari ST or a Wii or a PSP.

Very nice OP! thanks..just when I was thinking it was getting too long in between cheapass steam deals!! going to pick this up ASAP!

That banner keeps showing up for no reason on the wrong sales; I don't think Call of Duty is going on sale again.

[quote name='Unrealevil']That banner keeps showing up for no reason on the wrong sales; I don't think Call of Duty is going on sale again.[/QUOTE]

Well last time, they put CoD4 up for sale a week before the map pack for MW2 hit. Might be the same deal again.

Nice slip up by steam there. However really? COD 4 for only $15. Wow what a steal.. *rolls eyes* God activision are bloodsuckers when it comes to $$$.

Well I know what I'll be doing as soon as I get home. These are some of my top games of all time. What a blast of nostalgia just thinking about them...

Will not buy...........yet. HL2 comes out on the Mac tomorrow and I'm expecting some kind of sale or something.

Should that fail to please me, this iwll be bought (esp. since these are Mac games as well!). If they are half as good as Monkey Island was, then I'm in for a treat.

If Lucasarts were to release the Rebel Assault games, I'd hope that they'd find
the original video reels, and clean them up, just as long as they aren't adding
a bunch of characters.

I'm still waiting for the HD releases of Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle.

This is a fantastic, fantastic pack. Anyone who has ever considered themselves a gamer should own these, and at this price there is NO reason not to! They work fine on Windows 7 as well.

[quote name='deadpool253']bring grim fandango, full throttle, or the 3d monkey island games then well talk. Cant get past the outdated 2d graphics[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the outdated 3D graphics you'd get in two of those three games? :roll:

[quote name='GlassAgate']If Lucasarts were to release the Rebel Assault games, I'd hope that they'd find
the original video reels, and clean them up, just as long as they aren't adding
a bunch of characters.

I'm still waiting for the HD releases of Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle.[/QUOTE]

Oh MAN... the Rebel Assault games were awesome. Top notch acting, great epic looking cutscenes for its time, arcade-style gameplay that made you feel like you were in the movies thesmelves.

If LucasArts did a pack for that I would cream my pants.

havent played all of these. oddly, i would rather play torment for the 20th time or baldur's gate for the 50th time or mass effect for the 5th time than play loom for the 2nd time. will hold out for the $2.50 price point.

ah hell, in for 1, like i need more games about as much as i need a hole in the head, and i only buy games on BF or new years or some special sale.

I hate to join the "meh" crowd but have to.. I do agree when I played all these years ago, they where the "best" adventure games had to offer. but nowdays they are very dated and somewhat stale gameplay wise. If you hve never played them, yes i think the price is pretty good and I would say give it a look, but I doubt many will play any of them throuhg (who havent already). They come form a time when adventure games quiet often made no friggin sence at all. Open the fridge to cool the room so the penguin would come out from behind the stove (that you had zero clue was there) and climbe the shelves to turn in the lightbulb that would warm up the room so the mouse would come out of his hole and drag the key for the door seven hazzard screens away. I must say the Lucas games made more sence then most, but still had the completly random "guess" till you get it parts...

But with all that said, Loom and the Indy games did rock when they where new. (never played the dig)

LOL, yeah looking at all the screen shots for these games last night, I just couldn't pull the trigger..especially after learning the bundle was only $2.50 once..The look like something I would play for 5 seconds and then move on to something else, you know, from this generation! oh well..

[quote name='clok1966']I hate to join the "meh" crowd but have to.. I do agree when I played all these years ago, they where the "best" adventure games had to offer. but nowdays they are very dated and somewhat stale gameplay wise. If you hve never played them, yes i think the price is pretty good and I would say give it a look, but I doubt many will play any of them throuhg (who havent already). They come form a time when adventure games quiet often made no friggin sence at all. Open the fridge to cool the room so the penguin would come out from behind the stove (that you had zero clue was there) and climbe the shelves to turn in the lightbulb that would warm up the room so the mouse would come out of his hole and drag the key for the door seven hazzard screens away. I must say the Lucas games made more sence then most, but still had the completly random "guess" till you get it parts...

But with all that said, Loom and the Indy games did rock when they where new. (never played the dig)[/QUOTE]

well i bit. i tried playing the dig, got maybe halfway, but then couldnt figure out how to save. i checked a couple of FAQs but nothing. and i am not going to start from scratch.

the indiana jones games, well i never played, they remind me of the king's quest games, if you liked those, then yeah, worth picking up. these games are at least 15 years old, and the voice acting(for the indiana jones games) is solid.

that said, if i want to play old school i would probably play torment or baldur's gate, or just pick up the nes or snes. i played loom once back in the early 1990s, it has zero replay value. and btw, i love old school games, but loom and the dig just arent really worth the time(i think) the indiana jones games at least remind me of the movie character.

seeing as how these games are $1.25 each, i cant really say that they are over priced.

[quote name='token2k6']LOL, yeah looking at all the screen shots for these games last night, I just couldn't pull the trigger..especially after learning the bundle was only $2.50 once..The look like something I would play for 5 seconds and then move on to something else, you know, from this generation! oh well..[/QUOTE]

play the fallout games, i mean fallout 1 and 2. the battle engine and graffix are ass, but the storyline, well its up there wtih planescape torment

Press F4 or F5. Try all the F keys. One of those will bring up a save screen. That's very common in Lucasarts games.

[quote name='Strell']Press F4 or F5. Try all the F keys. One of those will bring up a save screen. That's very common in Lucasarts games.[/QUOTE]

too late, i am not going to play back up to that point. well maybe when i am done with the other games on my backlog. had some tough puzzles tho, i checked a FAQ and still couldnt make progress on some of them, would be wroth taking another shot i guess, but dont want to have to wade through the first half of the game.

bread's done
Back