Steam n00b questions

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Looking to download my first Steam game, and had a couple of questions that I thought you guys might be able to answer:

1) Can I download a game on one computer, and transfer it to another (say, via a usb flash drive) assuming I never install it on the first, or must I play on the computer I download it on? Data limits on my home computer stink :(

2) You have to have an internet connection to be able to play any of these games, yes? If so, if I have a satellite internet connection (with, say 1900ms avg ping times), am I going to experience any lag while playing? (bandwidth isn't a problem, just response time)

I think that should do it for now. Thanks.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Looking to download my first Steam game, and had a couple of questions that I thought you guys might be able to answer:

1) Can I download a game on one computer, and transfer it to another (say, via a usb flash drive) assuming I never install it on the first, or must I play on the computer I download it on? Data limits on my home computer stink :(

2) You have to have an internet connection to be able to play any of these games, yes? If so, if I have a satellite internet connection (with, say 1900ms avg ping times), am I going to experience any lag while playing? (bandwidth isn't a problem, just response time)

I think that should do it for now. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1) Yup

2) Yup, long as you don't try playing TF2.

bread's done
Back