Steam - Sniper Elite One Week Sale $2

Lol, Steam has far far too many of "those" sales. I've got a huge list of unplayed games to prove it. The list would be even longer if not for my small measure of self-restraint. And a lack of funds. Usually more of the latter than the former.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Ah, good, back to the "don't think, just buy" sale price.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah, after Square-Enix last week sales of where it was mostly, I want it but not at this price, this looks to be a no brainer (I only bought both Deus Ex games and I wanted quite a few others but meh prices :( )

for what it's worth, played it on ps2 and it's a great strategy/action tps. nevermind that it had the first and still most impressive bullet cam i'd seen. addictive gameplay, worth paying full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard a lot of about this game and missed picking it up when it was released for consoles. Thanks OP! :)

I've owned this for awhile and have enjoyed it. Absolutely worth the asking price. It has fun 'slow down' bullet mode kind of like Max Payne that lets you see your sniper shot going into the person. The gameplay is not exactly like Max Payne though you really have to sneak around or you will be killed off quickly. Highly recommended for $2.00!

Played this on Xbox when it first came out. Highly under-rated game . Nice to see a developer do something new with the WWII theme.

Absolute must buy for $2.

Ahaha I love stuff like this even though I have a ton of similar games I have never played or ever will Im definitely buying this after i post this comment :D

Awesome game, nothing beats carefully taking into account bullet drop and wind and then firing a shot and watching it fly in slow motion into some dudes eyeball.

Spent far too much time thinking this over, mainly considering if I should invest the time to play this. After a while I realized how stupid it is to spend so much time on this and just went ahead and got it.

[quote name='cycophuk']It's criminal how underappriciated this game was when it came out. Glad to see it's getting some attention again.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.
It's funny; it's clunky, the interface and controls are a bit odd, but I keep finding myself playing it.
Maybe it's the bullet cam, but pulling off long range head shots and sneaking around is just fun.
Well worth $2.

yeah I picked it up too after thinking about it for a while. Can't really go wrong for the price..runs decent on my non-gaming PC..but couldn't really figure it out and my mouse wasn't tracking right on the menu's..oh well, I'll check it out more one of these days..GoW3 was on pause, so I quickly resumed that :lol:

Bought this along with the Everquest Starter pack that includes the original game and the 15 expansions...both for $4.50. Awesome!

I figured for $2 wtf? I like these kinds of games.

Well after playing it, the controls suck, I keep getting stuck, it looks like ass well I should have figured for $2 I want my my 2 dollars back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, I kinda have to agree.. The controls, particularly the character movement is pretty abysmal. That guy maneuvers like a hovercraft for some reason. It looks pretty bad and the "widescreen" mode is useless since it just simply stretches the picture to 16:9, making it look even worse. I have no way of playing this in the native resolution of my screen (1440x900), making it blurrier than it needs to be.

The game itself isn't terrible but not so good. The negatives mentioned before kinda outweigh the positives I have to say. Still, I haven't deleted it off my hard drive, we'll see if I ever go back to it.
I'm very surprised though that people have nice things to say about this game now and that nobody complained about the widescreen issue. Guess I should have thought of researching that.

It was just $2, but damn I kinda want my $2 back now and the game off my steam list :/

I've only played a little bit so far, but the sneaking and sniping is pretty fun, and I don't think the controls are that bad. I'd say it's worth the $2.

bread's done
Back