Feedback
180 (100%)
header.jpg

spotlight_NEW_friday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_thursday.jpg
spotlight_NEW_wednesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_tuesday.jpg
spotlight_home_NEW_3.jpg

Through the 14th, Steam & Square-Enix/Eidos will be offering sales on some of their catalog of great games.

Weekend Deals:
Batman:Arkham Asylum $24.99 (50% off)
Just Cause $7.49 (50% off)
Batman/Just Cause Bundle $22.09 (66% off)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Ultimate Collection $7.49 (50% off)

Metacritic:
Batman: Arkham Asylum (91)
Just Cause (75)
Final Fantasy XI Online (85)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Chains of Promathia (77)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess (XX)
Final Fantasy XI Online: Treasures of Art Urhgan (83)
Final Fantasy XI Online: A Crystalline Prophecy (XX)

Demos:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Just Cause

Thursday the 11th:
Mini Ninjas $14.99 (50% off)
Gyromancer $7.99 (50% off)
Bundle Pack $15.29 (66% off)

Metacritic:
Mini Ninjas (74)
Gyromancer (71)

Demos:
Mini Ninjas
Gyromancer

Wednesday the 10th:

Tuesday the 9th:
Monday the 8th -
Hitman/Deus Ex Series 50%, or buy them all for 66% off
Deus Ex $4.99 (50% off)
Deus Ex: Invisible War $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Codename 47 $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $4.99 (50% off)
Hitman: Blood Money $4.99 (50% off)

Hitman/Deus Ex Bundle $16.98 (66% off)
The Hitman Collection $7.99 (60% total savings)
The Deus Ex Collection [currently no savings]

Metacritic:
Deus Ex (90)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (80)
Hitman: Codename 47 (73)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (87)
Hitman: Blood Money (82)

Demos:
Deus Ex & Demo addon mission
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin & Demo 2
Hitman: Blood Money

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plutoknight']Sucked up 4 years of my life, I own all the expansions on PS2 (but none of those add-ons except the first one), and I'm highly considering this 7.49 package to restart.

I was told that if I redeemed the registration key from the Ultimate Collection, I'd get access to what content I'm missing (those 2 other add-ons). Do I get the free 30 days, too, since its giving me access to content I lacked previously? XD[/QUOTE]
I would like to know the same thing too about the add-on content. And if so, that would basically link up to my Xbox 360 Vana'diel collection 2008, right? Or would I have to download the missing ones to that as well... Damn, I really want to start playing this game again!

[quote name='Volcynika']Also these deals last tlil Monday

Save up to 66% off Batman: Arkham Asylum and Just Cause and save 50% off FINAL FANTASY XI: ULTIMATE COLLECTION! Deals last until Monday![/QUOTE]
Hopefully there will still be another, much better weekend deal.

Bit on Geomancer or whatever it's called - I'm a sucker for puzzle games...

Other than that though, nothing really struck me this week as "must have" I agree with mokmoof ^^ in that there will hopefully be a much better weekend deal.

[quote name='Default09']Should I get FF11 for the 30 day deal?

I probably won't play it past that.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that something you should decide for yourself? Or do you want us to tell you what you should eat for dinner too?

I would have jumped on FFXIII if it was $20 and had a free monthly service but there are so many other MMORPGs I rather spend the monthly cash on. I can say pass on FFXIII. Right now Runes of Magic is pretty cool not the best but still cool.

I was wondering about the free 30-days, do you have to use it right away, or can you hold off to use it?
Because I'd rather wait to use it when I actually have time to play for 30 days.

I wonder if there is going to be a weekend deal on Steam, though I guess it wouldn't likely include any of the SE/Eidos games. I'm glad I picked up Batman when it was 12.50 on GFW!

[quote name='WhiteLens']I was wondering about the free 30-days, do you have to use it right away, or can you hold off to use it?
Because I'd rather wait to use it when I actually have time to play for 30 days.[/QUOTE]

You can hold off, just don't register your CD key at the FF XI site because your time will start when you do.

[quote name='mailman27']I wonder if there is going to be a weekend deal on Steam, though I guess it wouldn't likely include any of the SE/Eidos games. I'm glad I picked up Batman when it was 12.50 on GFW![/QUOTE]
Now that I think about it, a Weekend Deal would have shown up by now.

It's a shame - Besides Deus Ex, I didn't see any really great deals worth pursuing.

[quote name='speedracer']Did FFXI ever turn into a decent MMORPG? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I played it for a couple of years, and I'm tempted to revisit it for the expansions that came out after I quit. And don't forget, they're raising the level cap to 99 soon!!

what doesnt make sense to me is that why price the bundle $2 cheaper than arkham asylum? if you dnt hav batman, then why the hell would you buy it by itself?

[quote name='80473Y3']what doesnt make sense to me is that why price the bundle $2 cheaper than arkham asylum? if you dnt hav batman, then why the hell would you buy it by itself?[/QUOTE]
I would love to see the numbers for the people who ONLY bought AA. I bet it's a ton. $$$.

[quote name='keithp']Yes. I played it for a couple of years, and I'm tempted to revisit it for the expansions that came out after I quit. And don't forget, they're raising the level cap to 99 soon!![/QUOTE]

I also played several years back and really enjoyed it. It was my first and only mmorpg. I think I'd kinda like to revisit some of the music and environments. Do they have any kind of option to recover old characters? Still $15/mo.?

But anyhow, I'm still glad I walked away from that degree of time consumption. I still remember the phrase that decided it for me, "Grinding in a MMO: Like a treadmill but making you fatter."

[quote name='gospelman']I also played several years back and really enjoyed it. It was my first and only mmorpg. I think I'd kinda like to revisit some of the music and environments. Do they have any kind of option to recover old characters? Still $15/mo.?

But anyhow, I'm still glad I walked away from that degree of time consumption. I still remember the phrase that decided it for me, "Grinding in a MMO: Like a treadmill but making you fatter."[/QUOTE]
well the mmo(MINUS korean ) have been turn into of less of a time sink then they used as i like to call it the post 2004 era

No need to hold out for a price correction. The deal graphic has been changed to 50% off to reflect current prices.

spotlight_NEW_friday_2.jpg
originally
spotlight_NEW_friday.jpg

The filename changed from spotlight_NEW_friday to spotlight_NEW_friday_2. Changed 60%, changed color, and added "or".

On the fence about FF-X1 I never tried it, and it is supposed to be one of the epic goliaths of the decade. I almost feel that I owe it 30 days of my time to just check out.

Hope these sales worked out for some of you (those wanting Mini Ninja's with a near-free Gyromancer or a FFXI sale, for example), but they make me glad I grabbed the Eidos Pack during the Holiday sale and the $5 TR:Anniv.

Eidos Holiday Collectors Pack
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
- Project: Snowblind
- Infernal
- Thief: Deadly Shadows
- Flora's Fruit Farm
- Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
- Rogue Trooper
- Conflict Denied: Ops

+ Last Remnant
+ Tomb Raider: Anniv.
+ Gyromancer
+ Order of War

+ $70.64

= Squeenixidos Week

Isn't it funny that buying the Batman/Just Cause Bundle at 66% off ($22.09) is cheaper than buying Batman individually at 50% off ($24.99)? The math makes absolute perfect sense, though.

Sorry if it's already been said, but I just thought that it was plain silly.

bread's done
Back