Wednesday deal DEAD Metro 33 for 66% off

Metro 2033 for 13.60

TUESDAY DEAL IS DEAD
Tuesday deal WAS Titan Quest Titles for 75% off

Titan Quest Gold 4.99
Titan Quest 3.74
Titan Quest Immortal Throne 3.74

MONDAY DEAL IS DEAD
Monday's deal WAS Red Faction Games for 75% off.

RED FACTION 2.49

RED FACTION 2 2.49

RED FACTION GUERRILLA 4.99

I'll be updating this thread every day (yes I lead that exciting a life) when they change so stay tuned

Last edited by a moderator:
I should already have all these titles from the THQ bundle, which can be good means no tempting sales for me this week.

[quote name='Stry-ker']I should already have all these titles from the THQ bundle, which can be good means no tempting sales for me this week.[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering if one day of this will be the pack on sale, that might be tempting.

Then again maybe this is tempting lol

Might be worth mentioning, but the page for Red Faction II lists:

Notice: Direct X 10.1 ATI video cards or Direct X 10.0 Nvidia video cards are not supported.

Played RF1 & 2 like mad when I was 10 or so. Checked out some pics and videos, I think I will leave these two gems to my childhood nostalgia.

Thanks though OP.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Hoping for a less than $10 deal on DoW2: Chaos Rising. They always put the bundle on sale, but never the game itself.[/QUOTE]
I've been waiting to buy this game ever since I missed the last sale. Thanks for reminding me THQ made it.

Tempted to get Red Faction Guerrilla although I didn't bite last time it was $5 because of my dislike for GFWL games and games with DRM in general, usually that automatically disqualifies a game for me.

Was planning on picking up the THQ pack in the christmas sale though, it's just about always 50% off in the previous big sales so I'm hoping it will be this time as well and that they have added Darksiders to the pack by then as I see it's not on there.

Nice, the first Red Faction is still my favorite of the bunch (although I think they're all good). I'll buy the first one and relive some good memories.

Totally in for RFG. I dislike GFWL and would prefer outright Steam support, but I'll deal since the game will be available in my Steam library. Having Live cheevos isn't too shabby either.

Thanks OP! Also hoping for some DoW2 deals.

Gah, I guess I'll bite on RFG... Too many games in the complete pack that I probably won't play and I don't really like having games in my steam list that I have no interest in playing.

RFG does not have a GFWL SSA key though, so it feels more like a rental than actually owning it in any way. With a non-SSA key you get 15 activations only, and a one time only reset after that for a further 15 activations if you live in a GFWL supported country, which I do not. It just burns me that people pirating this game don't have to worry about any of this bullshit.

[quote name='Aliens']Might be worth mentioning, but the page for Red Faction II lists:

Notice: Direct X 10.1 ATI video cards or Direct X 10.0 Nvidia video cards are not supported.[/QUOTE]

Glad you posted this, as I was planning on buying the first two games in the series when I got home; but it looks like my GeForce 260GTX might not be supported by them. Guess I'll pass.

Already bought the pack back in summer so no go for me.
BTW RFG is an awesome game and one of my favorite game from the THQ pack. 5 bucks is a steal get em CAGs

I got an entire THQ bundle of 16 games including these three for $50 last year on Impulse. I bet you will be able to find these and the rest of the older THQ catalog super cheap from now on.

Unless Darksiders goes sale for some absurdly low price, I should be clear from this sale. I got RFG from D2D during their month long and it's highly recommended. I hope Metro 2033 goes on sale so people will buy it because it is awesome. Definitely one of my favorites this year.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']I'm crossing my fingers for $10 for Metro 2033. What you guys think? Possible?[/QUOTE]

Could be - I got it direct from THQ for 12.50 and activated it on Steam, so here's hoping!

Hoping for a good $15 or less for Darksiders which won't happen but none the less that's what I'm shooting for, plus I've been kinda wanting to get DoW1 with expansions dirt cheap on Steam even though I already own them. They'll probably do a sale on the bundle including DoW2 just to spite me, but I'd be all over $5 DoW1 bundle. Maybe even $10.

Damn, I would like to purchase these games but the directx 10 warning scares me since I have a GTX 280 card. I suppose I can look online to see if there is an unofficial patch like there has been for Manhunt and Midnight Club II to work on Windows 7

Wow, I just bought Red Faction 1 last Friday after beating Guerrilla since I wanted to check out the original game. I did not figure it would ever go on sale...Steam never fails to surprise me.

[quote name='Gish']Wow, I just bought Red Faction 1 last Friday after beating Guerrilla since I wanted to check out the original game. I did not figure it would ever go on sale...Steam never fails to surprise me.[/QUOTE]

I learned this the hard way as well. During the summer sale, Lead and Gold was on sale for $7.50. I thought to myself, "The game came out very recently, it probably won't go any cheaper than this for a while yet." THE VERY NEXT DAY, it was a daily deal for about $2.50 cheaper than what I paid.

Never again.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Damn, I would like to purchase these games but the directx 10 warning scares me since I have a GTX 280 card. I suppose I can look online to see if there is an unofficial patch like there has been for Manhunt and Midnight Club II to work on Windows 7[/QUOTE]
Not supported =/= doesn't work. It's just if it doesn't work they don't support it. So it seems enough users with DX10 cards have had issues so they had to add that as a warning. Infact check google to see if people have gotten it to work.

Ok, I bit the bullet and grabbed both Red Faction I & II. RF I looked pretty buggy graphically running on my comp and RF II gave me a "8MB of available video memory required" error message and a black screen. I am running Windows 7 64bit, 7GB of RAM and a GTX 280 card. I looked around online and found some fixes that got both games working for me.

This site has some fixes listed on how to get these games to work on a newer comp along with a Steam patch for people getting the memory error or black screen in RF II:
http://nebulamods.com/rf/steam/

This site contains the mod that will get RF I working with no problems, just make sure you link it to your Red Faction installation folder in your Steam folders and make sure to launch RF I from this program, not Steam:
http://www.purefaction.org/

Pure Faction not only has some game bug fixes but it allowed me to run the game at 1920x1200 which was nice. Hopefully this info will help any people on the fence or having issues like I did.

I can't turn down $2.50 / $5 games, never played 2 and liked RFG on 360.. Don't think my computer can handle it but when I get my new one next month I'll be prepared for then. Thanks OP

does the THQ pack usually go on sale for $50? i wouldn't mind grabbing that..

i bought company of heroes, red faction guerilla, dawn of war 2, and metro 2033 for $4, $5, $8, and $13 respectively at target but i rather have it on steam. that's already $35 with tax, i could return those games and get the entire pack for $50 if it goes on sale that cheap during christmas or whatever.

[quote name='frpilot']does the THQ pack usually go on sale for $50? i wouldn't mind grabbing that..

i bought company of heroes, red faction guerilla, dawn of war 2, and metro 2033 for $4, $5, $8, and $13 respectively at target but i rather have it on steam. that's already $35 with tax, i could return those games and get the entire pack for $50 if it goes on sale that cheap during christmas or whatever.[/QUOTE]

It has been on sale for $50 often in the past IIRC. So I would expect the same this week. And if not, then most likely during the Thanksgiving/Christmas sales.

[quote name='frpilot']does the THQ pack usually go on sale for $50? i wouldn't mind grabbing that..

i bought company of heroes, red faction guerilla, dawn of war 2, and metro 2033 for $4, $5, $8, and $13 respectively at target but i rather have it on steam. that's already $35 with tax, i could return those games and get the entire pack for $50 if it goes on sale that cheap during christmas or whatever.[/QUOTE]

2 of those 4 titles can be activated through steam. Dawn of war 2 and metro 2033

[quote name='killerthrust']2 of those 4 titles can be activated through steam. Dawn of war 2 and metro 2033[/QUOTE]

dawn of war 2 can? i know metro can. i rather buy the thq pack if its $50 though and get more games.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']It has been on sale for $50 often in the past IIRC. So I would expect the same this week. And if not, then most likely during the Thanksgiving/Christmas sales.[/QUOTE]

i hope so. i guess i'll hold out on getting red faction today. i did some googling and saw that the thq packs in the past didnt include newer games like metro.

[quote name='frpilot']i hope so. i guess i'll hold out on getting red faction today. i did some googling and saw that the thq packs in the past didnt include newer games like metro.[/QUOTE]
The THQ pack had Metro 2033 included in the last June sale (June... 24th? 25th? Please forgive my memory). I'm guessing it wasn't included in the THQ packs in previous sales because it hadn't been released yet. :p

Sadly (wtf? I mean HAPPILY! ;)) I already own most of the games in the THQ pack, but I'm hoping for a $7.50 Metro 2033 or Darksiders! :p Hey, if RF:G can be $5 and Borderlands can be $7.50, then Metro can be $7.50! /crosses fingers

hmm maybe i'll just wait then for a thq pack for black friday/christmas, if not this week.

i could have had metro already if i wasn't too lazy and registered my video card right away with evga, but i waited 2 weeks and they ran out of codes. :bomb:

Thanks a bunch! I was really looking for something that'll let me play it in 1080p. This works great!

[quote name='Wompdevil']Ok, I bit the bullet and grabbed both Red Faction I & II. RF I looked pretty buggy graphically running on my comp and RF II gave me a "8MB of available video memory required" error message and a black screen. I am running Windows 7 64bit, 7GB of RAM and a GTX 280 card. I looked around online and found some fixes that got both games working for me.

This site has some fixes listed on how to get these games to work on a newer comp along with a Steam patch for people getting the memory error or black screen in RF II:
http://nebulamods.com/rf/steam/

This site contains the mod that will get RF I working with no problems, just make sure you link it to your Red Faction installation folder in your Steam folders and make sure to launch RF I from this program, not Steam:
http://www.purefaction.org/

Pure Faction not only has some game bug fixes but it allowed me to run the game at 1920x1200 which was nice. Hopefully this info will help any people on the fence or having issues like I did.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I've decided to wait on a THQ bundle

Still excited to see the deals though lol[/QUOTE]
Bought Guerrilla. This is now the third copy of this game I've owned. Hopefully, this time I play it. The other two look a bit too old for me to get into with so many new games I have yet to play.

I would be interested in the THQ pack as it has a lot of good games in it but I have almost all of the more expensive games in it so it just doesn't make sense in my case since I already own:

CoH + Expansions
Dawn of War II + Expansion
STALKER
Metro 2033
and now Red Faction: Guerrilla

Looks like today's deal is Titan Quest Gold for $4.99 (or the original game/Immoral Throne for $3.74 each).

Nice, I kind of regretted not buying Titan Quest the last time it was on sale. It's my kind of RPG. Just picked it up now.

I have a feeling they're going to do something like put the whole THQ pack up for cheap at the end of the week, making all my purchases pointless though.

I still have the box version of TQ from 4 years ago, but this was a great deal and much more convenient so I bit.

Titan Quest is an excellent diablo-style game, for anyone on the fence. Approximately 80 hours of play-time to get through the entire thing once. I found the storyline very compelling. I really felt like an important part of a very large story.

It's frequently $5 on Steam and other download services. And $10 at Amazon, if you would like a boxed copy. I worked it out... I paid about 6 cents per hour of playtime, just going through the game once. Great for CAGers, lol.

If you find yourself getting frustrated with the inventory: 1) you can put extra stuff on the "Trade" page of the caravan. 2) You will receive sacks along the way that enlarge your inventory. 3) Don't pick up every broken item to try to sell it. Use the Alt key to identify items that are better than average. You'll be a lot happier with the game if you're not going back to sell broken daggers and torches every 5 minutes. Trust me - you will be rolling in gold soon enough. But do collect and sell good items - depending on your character build, you may need to buy some expensive potions at the end of the game to give yourself a little boost to complete the game's final bosses.

Lastly, Make sure you download and install the unofficial patch. It works great for Steam or retail version, and it fixes a few parts of the game that are otherwise broken, without changing any storyline or anything.

I have the boxed version but I rather have this as a Steam game, I'll just hand off the game to my son since he is interested in getting into a Diablo type game. I know support for this game is dead but can you still play online with someone?

[quote name='gcorlett']Titan Quest is an excellent diablo-style game, for anyone on the fence. Approximately 80 hours of play-time to get through the entire thing once. I found the storyline very compelling. I really felt like an important part of a very large story.

It's frequently $5 on Steam and other download services. And $10 at Amazon, if you would like a boxed copy. I worked it out... I paid about 6 cents per hour of playtime, just going through the game once. Great for CAGers, lol.

If you find yourself getting frustrated with the inventory: 1) you can put extra stuff on the "Trade" page of the caravan. 2) You will receive sacks along the way that enlarge your inventory. 3) Don't pick up every broken item to try to sell it. Use the Alt key to identify items that are better than average. You'll be a lot happier with the game if you're not going back to sell broken daggers and torches every 5 minutes. Trust me - you will be rolling in gold soon enough. But do collect and sell good items - depending on your character build, you may need to buy some expensive potions at the end of the game to give yourself a little boost to complete the game's final bosses.

Lastly, Make sure you download and install the unofficial patch. It works great for Steam or retail version, and it fixes a few parts of the game that are otherwise broken, without changing any storyline or anything.[/QUOTE]

http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/29712-REL-Bugfix-patch-1.17

Is this the unofficial patch you're talking about?

bread's done
Back