Steam: Toki Tori 50% off until Monday

[quote name='the_punisher']Wow, how could you turn down a game for under $2.50?[/QUOTE]

that is the problem with steam...you just cant!
in for it ;D

I recommend this game to anyone that likes puzzles. I put in around 16-17 hours till I finished all the levels. The devs are good too, they are very activate in the steam forums and have released like 3-4 free bonus maps already as well as added a rewind feature.

[quote name='the_punisher']Wow, how could you turn down a game for under $2.50?[/QUOTE]

Because they'll probably put it in some Indie Pack down the road that I'll end up buying anyway.
So tempting, though.

Hadn't given buying this much thought until I saw the thread. I enjoy puzzle games and all this positive CAG buzz is worth $2.50

If it helps, I bought this game on Wiiware a year or so back.

Then it came out on Iphone and I doubled dipped.

Then Steam had it. Triple dipped.

That's how much I enjoyed this game. There are tons of puzzlers out there but very few that scratch the itch the way Toki Tori does.

[quote name='Ryukahn']It looks similar to Mario vs DK[/QUOTE]

It's not really. It plays more like Exit, but it has a rewind feature for when you get stuck. It's pretty cute and actually a nice puzzle game. Certainly worth the $2.45 they're asking, and more.

The Steam version is the definitive version, and it was already a steal at $5.

$2.50 makes it a must-buy in my book, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know anything about the game, but it's $2.50 and there's been lots of hype on CAG and GAF.

I don't think you could go wrong if you tried.

Even at $2.45, I have doubts, since it seems to be a simple platform-puzzler. Plus, the WiiWare version's reviews were decent at best. Give me an epic story of redemption and I'd be inspired to buy.

Kiwi Kraze (New Zealand Story), despite being an 8-Bit game, featured a convoluted plot. It was about a Kiwi that escapes the clutches of a Walrus. Through dramatic cut-scenes, it is revealed that his girlfriend is among the captives, and the Kiwi goes guns-blazing into the Walrus' underwater lair to fight for the freedom and safety of the entire world.

The walrus also had nukes.

This game is great! I was surprised by how much fun it is. I'm glad I picked it up at the Steam sale. Usually I'm not real big on puzzler type games but this one has been fun to play for about 20 minutes every other day.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Even at $2.45, I have doubts, since it seems to be a simple platform-puzzler.[/quote]
It gets quite challenging, as you progress. It's a fantastically-made little game.

Plus, the WiiWare version's reviews were decent at best.
A Metacritic score of 79 (9.1 user rating) is "decent at best"? I'd call that "decent at worst."

I have to admit I had my doubts about this game from its screenshots, but after seeing the positive remarks in this thread, I picked it up anyway the other day. I ended up enjoying this game a lot so far (already sunk in a little over an hour tonight), and it's definitely got a lot of charm, on top of being a nice little puzzle game.

Anyway, I'm glad I read this thread or I may have passed this one up!

Just to let you know the sale is still going on...? Not exactly sure when it will end but as of today it is still under "specials" in the Steam website for $2.45

[quote name='hambonious']Just to let you know the sale is still going on...? Not exactly sure when it will end but as of today it is still under "specials" in the Steam website for $2.45[/QUOTE]
It'd be odd, but maybe they meant next Monday.

bread's done
Back