Steam- Torchlight $10

Wow, damn. I just had to buy this because I played Diablo for so many years and i heard this Diablo clone was beyond epic but lacking multiplayer. For $10 I'll give it a shot. I just hope down the road they make a multiplayer version or put it on the XBox. Actually, if it wasn't for Steam I doubt I would be purchasing any PC games outside of Blizzard's at this point. Steam has fucking awesome deals.

Awesome deal! Glad Steam spaced it out a little from the after Christmas sale.

[quote name='Jodou']Just tried the demo. . .I'll definitely wait til $5 lol. Never thought Diablo style combat could put me to sleep so fast.[/QUOTE]

You could stop trolling. You're already at the point where nobody likes you. Where else is there to go from there? Also, laughing at your comments or pretending to laugh at them is quite stupid.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow, damn. I just had to buy this because I played Diablo for so many years and i heard this Diablo clone was beyond epic but lacking multiplayer. For $10 I'll give it a shot. I just hope down the road they make a multiplayer version or put it on the XBox. Actually, if it wasn't for Steam I doubt I would be purchasing any PC games outside of Blizzard's at this point. Steam has fucking awesome deals.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much same for me too. I still buy some PC stuff, but majority is steam sales (or other sales like D2D $5 stuff) and of course Blizzard. Blizzard is the one company that keeps me coming back (well besides WoW).

[quote name='Kaltic']Pretty much same for me too. I still buy some PC stuff, but majority is steam sales (or other sales like D2D $5 stuff) and of course Blizzard. Blizzard is the one company that keeps me coming back (well besides WoW).[/QUOTE]

blizzard has found the formula for eternal cash flow.
just dont get sucked into the next MMO from them.
(SC2) is on preorder!

[quote name='JUDOHAWK'] Klank, I changed my DL location from chicago to Dallas and it started on first try. Try changing that.l[/QUOTE]

Heh this also worked for me, but I changed from Phoenix to LA. Weird indeed... Can't wait to play this tho, looks so awesome.

Just got done playing up until I beat the first boss. Damn this game is soo damn good. It's like Diablo and Diablo 2 had a baby, the level after level dungeons from the first one, but all the goodness from the second one. Not to mention it's refined so damn well. I love it. I'm also playing on hard, and tbh it's not that hard. I suppose they want this game to be friendly to all gamers, so anyone starting out who has experience in this genre should start on Hard. It's not so bad.

[quote name='Raymond']But, unlike other games. This game is kinda repetitively. Click, Kill, loot. Click more, Kill more, loot more. No story or whatsoever. I don't think anyone play Diablo in single player.[/QUOTE]

Diablo is probably one of my top single player games of all time.

[quote name='FigNewton']I can't speak for anyone else, but I couldn't care less if you don't like it.

However, if you are going to criticize the game, do so appropriately. The game does have story, and it isn't just "mindless clicking"... unless, maybe, if you are playing on easy.[/QUOTE]

I kept my opinion to myself, and I wasn't criticized the game until one guy attacked and called me a hypocrite because I said I'm not buying the game. All I said was "No Online, no pvp, and no loots bragging right = no buy." Then all you guys started defend the game like I was bad mouthing it. If you're offended then I'm sorry. You should ease up a bit and stop being so sensitive.

So, unless you people intended to provoke me don't criticized my taste in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Raymond']I kept my opinion to myself, and I wasn't criticized the game until one guy attacked and called me a hypocrite because I said I'm not buying the game. All I said was "No Online, no pvp, and no loots bragging right = no buy." Then all you guys started defend the game like I was bad mouthing it. If you're offended then I'm sorry. You should ease up a bit and stop being so sensitive.

So, unless you people intended to provoke me don't criticized my taste in game.[/QUOTE]

I never said you WERE a hypocrite. I said if you have ever bought a game that did not have those three things then you would be. In reality you may own only those types of games and therefore would not be hypocrite.

After that I just stated what I look for in games in general and pretty much let it go. I never meant people to go ape s*** over it and really never meant what i said to be taken too seriously. It is just an auto response i have for people when they say thins similar to what you said. Such as "not good graphics = no buy" and stuff like that. It is a pretty easy thing to joke around with an make fun of.

But yeah I never actually said you were a hypocrite, but that there was a possibility of it (just like it is with absolutely everyone else, including myself).

[quote name='Kaltic']\I said if you have ever bought a game that did not have those three things then you would be. In reality you may own only those types of games and therefore would not be hypocrite.
[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all. There's a huge difference between a single player game built on the strengths of strong story, rewarding gameplay, and/or flashy graphics and a single player game in the vein of of the classic lootfest games that defined the genre as having at least some of those 3 things.

I finally caved and bought it at 10 dollars since I heard modders were getting pretty close to getting co-op patched in and I really like Steam Cloud support, but while I buy tons of single player games, I find the idea of a totally single player loot pinata game a total waste of potential and a pretty drab affair. That does not make me a hypocrite, it makes me have different taste than you.

Quick question: I bought the D2D version when it was $15 and I've put a lot of time into it already. Is it possible to use my savegame with the Steam version? I'm considering rebuying it just for the convenience of Steam.

[quote name='matthewrex']Quick question: I bought the D2D version when it was $15 and I've put a lot of time into it already. Is it possible to use my savegame with the Steam version? I'm considering rebuying it just for the convenience of Steam.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to. The directory will be
Vista/7: C:\Users\[YourUser]\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUser]\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\

Make sure to back it up.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Anyone know where I can find the editor for the Steam version? I don't see it in the Torchlight directory.[/QUOTE]

It's under the Tools tab on Steam.

Quick question regarding the game itself: Is there a way to rotate my view, or am I just stuck with zooming in and out only?

[quote name='preston181']Quick question regarding the game itself: Is there a way to rotate my view, or am I just stuck with zooming in and out only?[/QUOTE]

Fixed camera angle. Someone might have made a mod to change that though.

Woo! GREAT deal. I bought it when it was $18 (pre-purchase deal) and thought I got a good deal.

Keep an eye out for the mods! I almost guarantee somebody will re-create Diablo 1 in a year's time.

I bought this for my bro. I skipped myself. I am soo busy I wont play it just yet.

I vaguely remember when I checked out I could see if he downloaded it.. I logged into steam and didnt see that or anything about pending or redeemed. Anyone know how to check that?

I cant always call, he works 3rd shift 12 hour days.

I went ahead and purchased the Steam version even though I also bought it from Encore during their 50% off sale. Luckily, Encore has a 30 day return policy on digital download products. I was able to request a refund from Encore :)

[quote name='preston181']Quick question regarding the game itself: Is there a way to rotate my view, or am I just stuck with zooming in and out only?[/QUOTE]

I think the mod TorchCam might allow you to rotate. Not sure what stage of development it is in.

[quote name='Snake2715']I bought this for my bro. I skipped myself. I am soo busy I wont play it just yet.

I vaguely remember when I checked out I could see if he downloaded it.. I logged into steam and didnt see that or anything about pending or redeemed. Anyone know how to check that?

I cant always call, he works 3rd shift 12 hour days.[/QUOTE]

How did you purchase it? If you purchased it as a gift, then Steam would've provided you two options: email the link to your brother's address or send the link directly to your brother's Steam account. If you gifted it, there should be a section in the options to check whether the gift was accepted.

In steam at the top, next to File View, etc. under the games option tab, there's "Manage gifts and guest passes". It'll show the game and whether or not it has been redeemed.

Anyway, I bought the game, its good for what it is. Gets boring a bit but new gear and modding the hell out of the game helps.

bread's done
Back