Steam: Total War week, All Total War games 66% off and a bundle

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
150 (100%)
All current Total War games on sale for a week, 66% off.

Have a bundle that includes all current for $20.39, includes

Empire Total War
Rome Gold Total War + Alexandria Expansion
Medieval Total War + Kingdoms Expansion

Great deal

Just saw this. ive never played any of them and though the deal is good i dont know that id play any of the older games.

Give the demo a shot, one of them has a demo can't remember which. I like Medieval the best with the expansion pack, you can use the Third Age mod that converts everything to LOTR units.

Great deal. I already have all of the Total War games on Steam but I am tempting to get the Empire TW DLC pack even though it isn't marked down that much.

The demo is for Empire. There's also a DLC pack for Empire for $16.19, which includes an additional campaign and some elite unit packs.

I'll probably pick these up myself.

i've had my eye on Empire for a while, though I've never played this series before. gonna check the demo out and then decide

grrr!!! why isn't the empire DLC packs on sale? I wanna try out the warpath campaign but don't really think it's worth $9 especially when empire is only $14.

also when is medieval and shogun coming to steam?

[quote name='Xealot42']Great deal. I already have all of the Total War games on Steam but I am tempting to get the Empire TW DLC pack even though it isn't marked down that much.[/QUOTE]

That depends, is the base price of the package the same as it was before the new DLC was added?

Last Total War I played was Shogun: Total War. That was quite some time ago.

This is a really good deal... have to think about it.

I own all of these except for Alexander and Empire, but I'm still considering it. Would be nice to have it all on Steam, and $20 is a darn fair price.

[quote name='paz9x']Just saw this. ive never played any of them and though the deal is good i dont know that id play any of the older games.[/QUOTE]

I think the older games (well RTW and M2TW at least) are different in that the strategy involved changes because you are not using the same kinds of units (i.e. no cannons in ancient Rome) Therefore, if you are interested in playing in other time settings other than ETW, then the older games are still a good buy.

Sure the graphics may not be quite as pretty but for M2TW at least they are still very good.

Ruahrc

Oh crap this is extremely tempting... I been debating about getting Sins of a Solar Empire but wow, might have to get the Total War package.

IF you already own some of these on Steam, will you be able to gift those if you buy the complete pack or are you just boned out of the extra copy?

[quote name='reininop']IF you already own some of these on Steam, will you be able to gift those if you buy the complete pack or are you just boned out of the extra copy?[/QUOTE]

You won't get extra copies to gift. That's one of the annoying things with the Steam deals for bundles.

I picked up Rome:Total War Gold over Steam Holiday sales. I know it's a good game, but I can't bring myself to sit down and learn the mechanics. It's a bit complex.

Most of the time I just play the campaign map and sim the battles, unless the % of me winning is really low then ill play em.

If they included the DLCs in the mega pack, I'd be in. But that's just my own personal excuse not to get it because my backlog is ridiculous. Love these games, though.

Hey, in case anyone's too cheap to buy the full pack at 20 bucks like I am and only want to get Rome Gold...if you click through to Rome Gold you'll notice that for the exact same price you can get Rome Complete, which is just Gold but they throw in the Alexander expansion as well. 3 dollars for the game and both expansion packs sounds great to me. Which begs the question...why have Gold and Alexander listed separately, yet have Complete for the same price?

Good catch Megaten. I had a feeling the Mega pack was missing something, but I didn't know what. I'll wait and see if they bother to add Alexander at all down the line, like how they "fixed" the Jedi pack or whatever Star Wars pack during the Winter sale. I don't think I'll play any of them though... ;_;

[quote name='Teeheehee']Good catch Megaten. I had a feeling the Mega pack was missing something, but I didn't know what. I'll wait and see if they bother to add Alexander at all down the line, like how they "fixed" the Jedi pack or whatever Star Wars pack during the Winter sale. I don't think I'll play any of them though... ;_;[/QUOTE]

Alexander is in the mega pack

I've been waiting for empire to drop that low. Figured it happen near the release of Napoleon. I only wish I hadn't bought Medieval and Rome during the holiday sale. I haven't even played them yet.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']I picked up Rome:Total War Gold over Steam Holiday sales. I know it's a good game, but I can't bring myself to sit down and learn the mechanics. It's a bit complex.[/QUOTE]Same here. I tried the tutorial mission for hours, and was overwhelmed by it all. I've played plenty of RTS and Civilization-type games, but felt pretty overloaded by all the info. Also, with all the unit types the RTS battles were really confusing. I might give it another chance sometime down the line, but at least I was only out $2.50 for trying it on its reputation.

really really happy i held off buying the medieval pack during the holiday sale. That package deal is exactly what i was hoping for on one of their daily deals.

How similar is this series to Age of Empires/Mythology?

I love AoM. Never got into AoEII that much. I have AoEIII but my computer couldn't run it but I haven't tried it since I upgraded it.

I played Rome back when it came out but sold my copy off at some point. Never got to play Alexander so I just picked it up for $3.39 on steam, unbelievable deal. Now my spring break is planned ;-)

Always got to check in with steam for their weekend deals and mid-week madness. The only downside is I have a hard time paying full price for any game because I'm afraid if I just wait a couple of months it'll be bound to turn up on sale for like a 1/5th the price.

[quote name='icedrake523']How similar is this series to Age of Empires/Mythology?

I love AoM. Never got into AoEII that much. I have AoEIII but my computer couldn't run it but I haven't tried it since I upgraded it.[/QUOTE]

Other than the time periods there is very little. I guess i'd call it a cross between the civilization games and risk.

Does anybody know if Rome runs at resoultions above 1024x768? I was playing an unpatched disc version on my laptop and it wouldn't render higher than that and I don't know if patches or expansions changed that. Also is Barbarian Invasion availabe with steam, at all?

Empire dropped to 29.99 for steam. Just found out when I went to purchase Empire for 13.XX and instead paid 10.XX.

[quote name='Masquerade']Empire dropped to 29.99 for steam. Just found out when I went to purchase Empire for 13.XX and instead paid 10.XX.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, you're right. I guess they didn't lower the bundle price any though. Well, I think I'll pick up Empire now as well...Rome Complete and Empire for the same price Empire was yesterday...great. Am I missing out on anything by not purchasing Medieval 2 at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='potat0man']The only downside is I have a hard time paying full price for any game because I'm afraid if I just wait a couple of months it'll be bound to turn up on sale for like a 1/5th the price.[/QUOTE]

same here, but it's not even steam's fault.. it's cag in general. since i bought my 360 back in 2008, I can only remember 1 game I payed full price for, and even at that I had a gift card to buy it with(skate 1). ..oh and I guess technically I bought Force Unleashed for full price, though it came with a $20 GC and I beat it and traded it straight up for Fable 2 a week a later.

and don't even get me started on steam... if i stopped buying games on it this instant, i'd have enough to last me at least a year, lol. :applause:

For anyone that hasn't played these ever, or for a long time, you HAVE to. You won't even notice how much time has passed while playing. Ok, maybe that's not a good thing. If you love solid games and aren't all about graphics, even the older ones hold up

A note to anyone just interested in Empire, they lowered the normal price to 30 so the sale price dropped from 13.xx to 10.xx. Even a better deal for those on the fence that just wanted that game.

I have most of these games...but I could care less about the Alexander expansion for Rome.

Medieval II: Kingdoms expansion for $5 looks good...and so does Empire for $10 (glad I didn't impulsively buy it yesterday for $13).

It's just that my backlog is embarrassingly massive already...and I know by the time I get to these, it will be time for the Steam Holiday Sale once again, and can be had for $2-5. I just know this will happen.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I have most of these games...but I could care less about the Alexander expansion for Rome.

Medieval II: Kingdoms expansion for $5 looks good...and so does Empire for $10 (glad I didn't impulsively buy it yesterday for $13).[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're in for those 2, then you're already up to $15, and the complete package is only $20, so it's not a big price upgrade to get the whole thing.

I haven't bought this yet, but I'm strongly considering it. It kinda pisses me off that I'd already bought Rome: Total War at release (on sale, but not a huge discount), bought Rome:TW Gold for $5 on clearance at Target, and bought Medieval II:TW and the expansion for $7.50 each on clearance at Target. The only things I'd be getting new out of this package are Empire and Alexander.

However, I would now own all these games on Steam as well, and that alone is probably worth the purchase price.

bread's done
Back