Steam Weekend Deal - 1701 A.D. 50% off $14.99

• "Operating System: Microsoft® Windows®XP or Windows®2000 English Version — TThis product does not support Windows 95/98/ME, NT or Vista!"
good to know, aye? 79 metacritic, nice colorful graphics

but i'd totally recommend civilization IV which you can also get on steam for a similar price over this, civ4 is one of the best games ever.

[quote name='evilguy69']
  • but i'd totally recommend civilization IV which you can also get on steam for a similar price over this, civ4 is one of the best games ever.[/QUOTE]

meh, I personally dug Anno over Civ 4

actually from 2006 or so, but i just got that from the steam page, fyi

never played anno. but obviously, i loved civ4

[quote name='evilguy69']never played anno. but obviously, i loved civ4[/QUOTE]

this is the third game in the Anno series. The layout is a lot like the Civ series but for actual play style, its more a kin to Uncharted Waters as the game is mostly all about economics with a tad of warfare.

I picked this up recently from Gamestop, it's a great simulation game. Reminds me of the Settlers and the old Caesar games. It's a real-time game, but with more emphasis on building your colonies rather than fighting.

It also works with no problems in Windows Vista, so no worries there.

Also, to the TC, the version on sale is the gold edition which comes with the expansion pack, The Sunken Dragon. It's a great value, considering most places have the original by itself for $20. I recommend editing the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been meaning to try out this series for awhile now. Nice to get a deal on one of the games so I can jump in.

And I'm happy this is a deal I'm actually going to buy. It's been awhile since I've bought a Steam weekend deal game, either they've been games I already own or am not interested in.

bread's done
Back