Steam Weekend Deal: 75% Off All Oddworld Games + Steam Indie Sale

bigwoof

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
steam continues this weekend with giving us some cheap ass games. you can get abes oddysee + exoddus for $3.75. follow the link:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?advanced=0&term=oddworld&category1=
edit: The system requirements state that the two games are only for a Windows 2000/XP-compatible computer system. But it works fine on my 32bit vista

Now thru Sunday, March 29th Steam is running a special promotion on all independent games offered via Steam. Every Steam indie is marked down at least 10%, and all the top-rated Steam indie games are on sale for 33% off their regular price. For more information, please visit store.steampowered.com/promotion/indie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have Oddysee, but who can resist the total pack for $3.75!!

Too bad Oddworld has since strayed to the console-only realm. :cry:

World of Goo is also on sale again, but for $13.39 instead of $5 like a few weeks ago. Just though I'd throw that out there.

Edit: Audiosurf is also on sale for $6.69.

[quote name='Roninalchemist']Wow...will Steam never stop being so awesome? In for the bundle[/QUOTE]

Steam's goal is to be the most awesome-est thing in the universe, one game at a time!

I love how you don't have to wait to get their products. Loving their download feature. I am a very happy customer.

Damn, I wish they worked with Vista. Anyone know a work around?

EDIT:

Did some research, it appears the game does work on Vista 32 and 64 bit no problem for most people. Some have issues, others don't. The demo says 2000/XP only, but that doesn't mean it won't work on Vista, it just means there is no official support for it.

For 3.50, I'm taking my chances in two great games.

[quote name='themothman421']Awesome. Me likey Oddworld. I wonder if they would be compatible with the 360 Controller?[/QUOTE]
This is all from the demo. It works with the 360 controller but -- because the triggers function like an axis -- you can't assign them as buttons you'll have to play around a little bit to get everything to work properly. Also, the demo seemed a little funky in terms of remembering programmed buttons. It may work better in the real game.

Steam prints money for Valve, and the fact that I'm buying all of this stuff means I'm not helping.

They should just change the name to OpiumDen or something.

Looks like Steam took off 10%-30% off on many of their Indie games. :) Check out the list of Indie games on steam, many of them are on sale.

Would this be a separate sale, or this for the whole length of the weekend sale?

Edit: For the lazy (lower price is sale price):

The Maw: Brute Force
$1.25
$1.12

The Maw: River Redirect
$1.25
$1.12

The Graveyard
$4.99
$4.49

Caster
$4.99
$4.49

Darwinia
$9.99
$6.69

DEFCON
$9.99
$6.69

Eets
$9.99
$6.69

AudioSurf
$9.99
$6.69

Trials 2 Second Edition
$9.99
$6.69

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!™
$9.99
$6.69

Mr. Robot
$9.99
$6.69

Harvest: Massive Encounter
$9.99
$8.99

The Maw
$9.99
$8.99

Larva Mortus
$9.99
$8.99

The Path
$9.99
$8.99

Zeno Clash
$19.99
$14.99

Obulis
$9.99
$8.99

Uplink/Darwinia Pack
$14.99
$10.04

Multiwinia + Darwinia
$14.99
$10.04

Defense Grid: The Awakening
$19.99
$13.39

World of Goo
$19.99
$13.39

Aquaria
$19.99
$13.39

Merchants of Brooklyn
$19.99
$15.99

Mayhem Intergalactic
$19.99
$17.99

Monster Trucks Nitro
$19.99
$17.99 (Price actually went up from $9.99)

Space Giraffe
$19.99
$17.99

I have played the first game. It is a platform/puzzle game, I guess I would call it? It has been a while since I have played it. For under $5 for 2 games ... I will probably bite when I get home tonight :) Thanks OP!

[quote name='mtxbass1']What's the resolution these run at? I heard 320x240 or something really low like that.[/quote]

Yeah it looks like ass, I'm hoping someone can tell me how to up the res to my native 1650 x 1080?

[quote name='Brak']Needs more Stranger's Wrath.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was hoping for when I came in here to check the deal out. After all it did say ALL Oddworld games, no love for Munch either?

I bit. I'm going on a plane trip from Portland to San Diego tomorrow and will now have something to play on the plane.

Awesome, these were on hold in my goozex cue, but for $3.75 for both games I'm totally in. I had a great time with the first one way back in the day but never finished it, so this is great.

What the hell is Space Giraffe doing selling for 19.99? It didn't sell on Xbox Live as a 9.99 game. I sincerely doubt that it is somehow worth $10 more on the PC, especially considering the game is still probably as migraine-inducing as it was before.

You should put $3.75 in the title

[quote name='Archgarth']What the hell is Space Giraffe doing selling for 19.99? It didn't sell on Xbox Live as a 9.99 game. I sincerely doubt that it is somehow worth $10 more on the PC, especially considering the game is still probably as migraine-inducing as it was before.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is a two choices, the same crazy Xbox 360 version and a toned down remixed version.

The twice the volume enhanced PC version of Space Giraffe is now available. This is much more than the XBLA version! It includes:

- 100 NUXX remixed levels powered by the new shaders. These new levels are beautiful and abstract without being quite so overwhelming, so they are suitable for both new users(easier to get into) and dedicated SG players(refreshing and chilling)
- 100 Levels from the XBLA version is also included as “Acid-Mix”, showing the full-on psychedelia
- The capability to install further level packs
- Bull gauge which helps players to learn the core gameplay mechanism, the Power Zone and Bulling

Try the demo to check out the NUXX version

http://www.llamasoft.co.uk/downloads/SpaceGiraffe.exe

thanks, seems like a good deal

oooh the choices, do i want the 3.75 pack or a value meal from DQ lol
both around the same price :lol:

I would have been satisfied paying $5 for the package, but Steam made it even cheaper than that. That's crazy.

Since they work on Vista and Windows 7 for some people, guess I'll have to get them!

I bought Space Giraffe for $5 on XBLA and kind of regret the purchase. I don't think it's worth $18, even with twice the levels. It's too flawed a game.

I own both games for the PS1 - got 'em release day.

.....3.75 is a steal. If you don't buy these classic platforming gems...you are insane. Insane.

Especially Abe's Exodus....the humor near the end of the game is priceless.

I had to bite on this deal. For less than $4 you get 2 great games. Another win for Steam

[quote name='eastx']I bought Space Giraffe for $5 on XBLA and kind of regret the purchase. I don't think it's worth $18, even with twice the levels. It's too flawed a game.[/QUOTE]

You haven't really played Space Giraffe until you play with Aphex Twin - Richard D James Album as the backing music. (but I'm a pretty big fan of the game, I bought the PC version one the first day for $20 :))

I'm excited about repurchasing Uplink! Any Sega Genesis Shadowrun fans? It's like the matrix sub-game (not the movie). I recommend anybody a purchase!

GET IT! NOW!

[quote name='Mars10']The path is on sale a bit: 9.99 to 8.99 today. Picked it up![/quote]
I bought when it was 9.99, are you having any trouble getting it to start up. I've yet to get into the game, an error message comes up saying pathviewer.exe has encountered a problem. Any fix for that. I'm getting a new comp anyways so I'm not too worried but I'd like to play it now.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone confirmed that they work on Vista yet?[/QUOTE]
I'm using Vista 32-bit, and I had no trouble running the Abe's Oddysee demo.

I must say, Steam is doing a good job of trying to get some PC to Console converters, back into playing on the PC again.
I haven't played games on the PC for years.
But in the past weeks, I just couldn't pass on Peggle and world of goo.

I picked up Defcon. It's the only Introversion game I didn't have yet. Not as excited about it, but the price was right for a few rounds, and then I'll probably get bored of it. Still, I'd like to support that creative company.

bread's done
Back