Steam Weekend Deal - 75% off Codemasters Racing Games (incl. DiRT 2)

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
145 (100%)
The pack is $17.49

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4060

Includes the following:

DiRT - $2.50
http://store.steampowered.com/app/11440/

DiRT 2 - $9.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/12840/

FUEL - $3.74
http://store.steampowered.com/app/12800/

GRID - $6.24
http://store.steampowered.com/app/12750/

ToCA Race Driver 3 - $2.49
http://store.steampowered.com/app/11500/

These were each 75% off when I started this thread but looks like they caught it.

EDIT: As Volcynika pointed out, each game is now 75% off on top of the pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Dirt will run on Win7 on steam, I've heard of people having to run in compatibility mode and/or administrator. That disclaimer doesn't say it doesn't work, it just means Win7 is not supported. As in they won't help fix issues with Win7. But alot of people have had it work just fine anyway. Idk myself though, I'm dling Dirt 2 right now.

Is anyone having problems with fuel? I am getting a failed to contact key server with steam. Never has happened to me before...

Valve ran out of Fuel keys, unfortunately. They said they requested more and should be early in the week when they get more. Sucks, but that's how it goes.

I went ahead and bought DiRT and Fuel as I have all the other games in this sale from GOG (TOCA 3), D2D (DiRT 2), or on disc (GRID). Didn't download Fuel yet, but DiRT is working fine on my W7 X64 machine with no need for compatibility mode.

Nervmind, dumb me- there is a new steam client... haven't log in for awhile and relog works :p

Odd, I don't see Grid on my games list, does it show up with G*** or some other letter?

[quote name='wasabi5858']Odd, I don't see Grid on my games list, does it show up with G*** or some other letter?[/QUOTE]

I think the official title is Race Driver: GRID. Check in the Rs.

Well, crap. I bought Fuel the other day (and I'm loving it), but now I'm contemplating buying DiRT 2 or even the whole pack. I guess Valve doesn't do purchase upgrades? :(

Shouldn't have jumped on Fuel so fast...

[quote name='Viper45']Well, crap. I bought Fuel the other day (and I'm loving it), but now I'm contemplating buying DiRT 2 or even the whole pack. I guess Valve doesn't do purchase upgrades? :(

Shouldn't have jumped on Fuel so fast...[/QUOTE]
Yeah no purchase upgrades and none of the games in this pack are able to gift extra copies. So you will have effectively paid for Fuel twice.

[quote name='Viper45']Well, crap. I bought Fuel the other day (and I'm loving it), but now I'm contemplating buying DiRT 2 or even the whole pack. I guess Valve doesn't do purchase upgrades? :(

Shouldn't have jumped on Fuel so fast...[/QUOTE]
You'd still be saving money over buying the four separately, but unless you're really into arcade racing, just get DiRT 2, if only because you'd probably never play DiRT or TOCA 3 since you'd have their sequels.

I was only going to buy Fuel myself, but then I read about how they ran out of keys. That lead me to buy the whole pack. I must say, so far Dirt 2 has been worth it by itself. I still havn't gotten around to playing Grid yet.

[quote name='Unrealevil']You'd still be saving money over buying the four separately, but unless you're really into arcade racing, just get DiRT 2, if only because you'd probably never play DiRT or TOCA 3 since you'd have their sequels.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I'm just going to buy DiRT 2 and save myself the extra $7.50. I don't know if I'd ever get around to playing the others in the pack. Fuel and DiRT 2 for $13.73 total is still a darn good deal.

Was debating on GRiD as I loved it on the PS3 (traded it in for some reason), but I thought I recalled hearing a sequel releasing this year. I may just wait for a deal on the PS3 version again whenever it pops up. It's a terrific game and that actually made racing a fun and intense experience.

DiRT 2 is great as well. I wouldn't recommend getting the first one if you've already played the second as it surprisingly hasn't aged well after the inclusion of the rewind function in the sequel.

Just done my first Rally event in Dirt 2. Fun game. Now... should I wait (and I've been waiting for a long time) to get my wheel with GT5 or sould I go ahead and get a decent one now...

Seem like dirt 2 is easier to control than Grid? Don't know, the 360 controller is ok, but I want a wheel!

Dirt 2 is easier to control because they loosened up the steering because it's mostly on dirt. If anyone has spent any length of time with Gran Turismo they shouldn't have any problems with Grid.

I ended up buying the entire pack because Steam are the masters of getting me to spend an extra dollar or two.

I only really wanted Grid and Dirt 2. But at 16.25, I couldn't turn down the other 3 games at 1.25, even if I never play them.

Even though I feel like it's a deal to me, it's really more so for Steam and the publishers as it is unlikely I would have ever bought the other 3 games after I had the two I wanted.

As said, Steam is very good at extracting extra margin.

on the fence with Dirt 2. I d/l'd the demo but could not find out for the life of me how to get the replay thing to work. I would pull it up and press F12 and it would go sepia but i didn't feel like it rewinded back in time at all lol. I was still in the same predicament as before.. since I couldn't figure out how to work it I said screw it lol. I'm not into hardcore racing and it played well enough but I'm a wuss and need replays..

aznguyen, were you using a 360 gamepad? The games suck to play with the keyboard. I'm not necessarily a stickler with racing wheels. I don't use one. I feel that using a gamepad with the analog makes the game just feel right. I never was a fan of racing wheels.

I got GRID, because it was my favorite Race game ever when I played it on 360, only problem I have is occasionally it randomly seems "Speed up" so far I would say seems to do a speed up 1st lap and maybe 3rd lap...Still very playable

As I don't have a gamepad for my PC, I'm not a big racer on it...but Fuel looks sweet. Anyone know how the xbox360 version is?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='caldazar']As I don't have a gamepad for my PC, I'm not a big racer on it...but Fuel looks sweet. Anyone know how the xbox360 version is?[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the demo on 360 (Grid is my favorite race game, Colin Mcrae series, then need for speeds as comparison) , got the feeling it wanted to be like the game PURE but better...(best I can explain it)

[quote name='mercilessming']I didn't like the demo on 360 (Grid is my favorite race game, Colin Mcrae series, then need for speeds as comparison) , got the feeling it wanted to be like the game PURE but better...(best I can explain it)[/QUOTE]

Thanks - main reason I have started taking an interest in racers is PURE - based on some responses on another forum, I'm getting the feeling I'll just stick with that one for now.

[quote name='caldazar']As I don't have a gamepad for my PC, I'm not a big racer on it...but Fuel looks sweet. Anyone know how the xbox360 version is?[/QUOTE]

Get a wired Xbox 360 controller and you're all set. Would work with both the 360 and the PC, natch.

bread's done
Back