Steam Weekend Deal: Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition $10

Huh. Tempting. Shame the reviews have been so bad, but I don't imagine it'll be any lower for quite a while... Think I'll be kicking myself if I don't pick this up, sadly.

I notice it has SecuROM but I don't see an install limit mentioned anywhere. Does anyone know if it suffers from one? I'm willing to put up with crap 3rd party drm on steam rarely, but never an install limit.

These games never compare to the actual enjoyment of the board game with more direct interaction with the pieces and the people around you, but it is a good port. I recommend it if you enjoy the board game and want a digital version or are just looking for a new turn based strategy game with a weird twist.

Love the game but it isn't for everyone, it more for the fans of Blood Bowl (be it, the boardgame or fumbbl). The tutorials are crap tbh, it's worth it just to independently read up on the rules online and then dive in against the AI. Once you pick it up, the multiplayer part is really robust with new leagues starting almost every day.

There is a new version coming out by year's end that does make this version kinda obsolete. It's more like an expansion pack but it's stand alone that opens up 11 more factions (sadly no Underworld or Chaos). No idea if they will make the factions dlc so you can complete this version or not but my gut feeling is that they will screw people over

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']Ever since Gogamer started selling Bloodbowl for >$10 shipped I've decided the only way i'll buy it is if it's less than $10 during a steam sale.[/QUOTE]

Well... close enough!

[quote name='fart_bubble']No idea if they will make the factions dlc so you can complete this version or not[/quote]

Nope.

but my gut feeling is that they will screw people over

I don't see it as such, but many do.

Looks like there website says that there wont be an upgrade to the LE, it will be its own game. Kinda makes me rethink spending $10 when a better version with bug fixes and enhancements is right around the corner.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Love the game but it isn't for everyone, it more for the fans of Blood Bowl (be it, the boardgame or fumbbl). The tutorials are crap tbh, it's worth it just to independently read up on the rules online and then dive in against the AI. Once you pick it up, the multiplayer part is really robust with new leagues starting almost every day.

There is a new version coming out by year's end that does make this version kinda obsolete. It's more like an expansion pack but it's stand alone that opens up 11 more factions (sadly no Underworld or Chaos). No idea if they will make the factions dlc so you can complete this version or not but my gut feeling is that they will screw people over[/QUOTE]

thanks, I hadn't heard of the legendary edition, and I feel like I can wait a few more months.

For anyone looking to pick this up, remember one very important fact:

This is not a football game.
This is a board game.

Dice can and will screw you time to time. Stats are super important. The skills you get along the way matter dramatically.

A lot of the reviewers were expecting Mutant League Football: Warhammer edition, which this is not by any stretch of the imagination.

Personally, I love it, but with LE right there, I'm not going to rebuy it for Steam.

FYI to anyone wanting this. This company is making a new BB for 2010 with 20 teams(compared to the 9 in this version). Also Gogamer is selling this game for $6 odd bucks after shipping, not worth it unless you want a soon to be outdated game on Steam.

bread's done
Back