Steam Weekend Deal: Call Of Duty: WaW - $24.99

Some bitch about WWII games but a good one like this has not been made in years. Fans of WWII should definitely get this as it echos back to the Medal of Honor and COD2 days. Also had the 360 version and if you have a good video card(8800GT or better) go for this. Great game.

[quote name='maingon']bummer I already have this for the 360.[/QUOTE]
You can get about $44 for it on Ebay.

I've been waiting and hoping my will power could hold out till they did a weekend price drop on this game. Whew! it was a close one.

Great deal on a great game. Already own a hardcopy on pc and the 360 version, though. Like someone else said, I may be tempted to snag this and sell my physical copy. I likes my steam.

If only the Russian/ Dmitri campaign was sold alone for $5. Japan/...whoever the hell you play as & MP were horrrible.

Damn. Payed $50 for this on steam about 2 months ago and have not played it since the week I bought it :( I can't get into PC shooters anymore it seems.

Really wish I had gotten the Orange Box deal a couple of weeks back, just to be able to play Portal again. Not interested in this one, so money saved.

[quote name='KingDox']Pretty good deal. But I hope to get it free when I buy my next video card from newegg.[/QUOTE]

Lol, same here. I'm looking at the GTX 275

I might buy it
I played the beta and didn't like multiplayer too much
Single player was pretty fun on my younger brother's 360 though :)

[quote name='Wildcat1080']I can't get into PC shooters anymore it seems.[/QUOTE]
A badly milked franchise like COD will have that effect.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Damn. Payed $50 for this on steam about 2 months ago and have not played it since the week I bought it :( I can't get into PC shooters anymore it seems.[/QUOTE]

TF2 is the cure to all your ailments.

[quote name='Burchamj']Question is, are there sweet community zombie maps?[/QUOTE]

CoDAddicts.com lists about 100 custom zombie maps. How many are worth the download, I don't know. I have tried the fovmansion from Resident Evil and that was pretty good. There are also zombie mods like one for modern weapons.
There's bound to be plenty more UGC to slake your thirst for zombie-killing.

[quote name='bigwoof']meh. its the call of duty 4 except set in ww2, pass[/QUOTE]I never understood why people say this. I don't think anyone should avoid WaW just because it plays like CoD4, it's a different and worthwhile experience.

I actually find WaW to play better than CoD4. After getting used to WaW it's hard to play CoD4, because it feels different.

Anyway, I bought this, so I can ditch my ps3 version and play with all bells and whistles turned on.

[quote name='boneless']Is there a way just to buy the map pack?[/QUOTE]

if you're talking about PC, it's FREE even if you have the retail one. Just update your WaW to 1.4 or whatever patch it is..

Great deal, too bad I already own it. I've played every COD game so far (except 3 because it was console only) and I've loved them all. IMO WAW is pretty weak in the single player department compared to COD4, but it has the best multiplayer since 1.

[quote name='Tooki']Great deal, too bad I already own it. I've played every COD game so far (except 3 because it was console only) and I've loved them all. IMO WAW is pretty weak in the single player department compared to COD4, but it has the best multiplayer since 1.[/QUOTE]

agree, MP in CoD WaW was really fun, I put more hours into it than CoD4's!

Well I still hold the invite open, just maybe one of these days coming up. Id like to play some Zombies on PC but you almost need a group of friends to make a room.

Found a good deal of multiplayer servers though, which I heard it was pretty empty, but more than I was led to believe.

I rented WaW on 360 and had a really good time with it. Played through the chapters twice in order to get all the death cards and achievements. So i'll pass on this. Pretty good deal though.

[quote name='aznguyen316']if you're talking about PC, it's FREE even if you have the retail one. Just update your WaW to 1.4 or whatever patch it is..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info :D:D:D

I was going to skip COD: WaW... $60 (for the PS3 version) was too much for a CoD game not made by Infinity Ward. But $25 for the PC version? I'm in. My friends play on PS3, but no one bought this anyway... Modern Warfare 2 I will pre-order.

[quote name='Dajinn']this game is waaaayy better on 360[/QUOTE]

Yea, if you have a crappy PC. This game is way more crisp on PC, not to mention when I played it on ps3 it has no AA, and looks stretched. With this I can play at my native res and AA. And it runs butter smooth.

[quote name='cheapo72']CoDAddicts.com lists about 100 custom zombie maps. How many are worth the download, I don't know. I have tried the fovmansion from Resident Evil and that was pretty good. There are also zombie mods like one for modern weapons.
There's bound to be plenty more UGC to slake your thirst for zombie-killing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this... I have this on 360, never even gave the PC version a fair look (because let's face it, the modding community for most games is *nowhere* near what it used to be and for all intents and purposes, and the 360 version's single player + Live is great) but it seems like the modding community has really embraced this.

My friend and I are doing a lot co-op lately in my new place, but Treyarch really fucked up Co-Op for the 360... shit is the size of a postage stamp instead of being full screen split screen.

Mods + LAN Parties + Nazi Zombies = win... +2 sales for this one, thanks for shedding light on the seemingly excellent maps for this game. We can add this to rotation along with Left 4 Dead and Killing Floor. Plus, since all we do play is Nazi Zombies, I *really* can't see us shelling out $10 for the map pack just for the one Zombie map... we'll go ahead and pay $25 a piece and get a good deal of mods and maps.

damn wish I had a buddy that I could LAN with. Most my friends gave up their hardcore gaming rigs for the consoles. Which is fine since I own the consoles, but I miss PC gaming via lan.
starcraft via serial port battles FTW

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']My friends and I used to LAN with AoE2.Those were the days.[/QUOTE]
AoE with RoR expansion, on lan or on The Zone.

I used to play AoE, but I never got into LAN until around AoE2. Anyone else feel AoE3 just felt bland? Like I can go back and play AoE or AoE2 and they just feel awesome, but AoE3 kinda sucked.

[quote name='aznguyen316']damn wish I had a buddy that I could LAN with. Most my friends gave up their hardcore gaming rigs for the consoles. Which is fine since I own the consoles, but I miss PC gaming via lan.
starcraft via serial port battles FTW[/QUOTE]

Well, it helps that she lives just across the street from my apt, and she only has a laptop so she doesn't have to lug around a giant PC :p (though she is building a new rig soon).

But yea, I definitely don't take it for granted having a gaming buddy... nothing beats a real life gaming session. She wasn't a big fan of Steam until recently, but due to all the sales and my insistence on it, and it's grown on her now.

Just couldn't pass up WaW for the overflowing of support for the Nazi Zombie mod, which kind of gets dicked over on the consoles if you're not a fan of the other multiplayer.

AOE2 is where its at. My friends and I still play it regularly at our LAN parties, and I frequently play on IGZ. I for one am really anxious to see what the new companies made up of former Ensemble members are going to do, since Ensemble's last 2 games were kinda 'meh' compared to AOE2 and AOM.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']TF2 is the cure to all your ailments.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for great justice. :applause:

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, it helps that she lives just across the street from my apt, and she only has a laptop so she doesn't have to lug around a giant PC :p (though she is building a new rig soon).

But yea, I definitely don't take it for granted having a gaming buddy... nothing beats a real life gaming session. She wasn't a big fan of Steam until recently, but due to all the sales and my insistence on it, and it's grown on her now.

Just couldn't pass up WaW for the overflowing of support for the Nazi Zombie mod, which kind of gets dicked over on the consoles if you're not a fan of the other multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah def do not take it for granted. I graduated last year from University of Kansas where I lived with my bro and had a bunch of gaming buddies. I miss it, shoot I went back a few months ago and over the weekend between drinking we just gamed.. and honestly that was the life (albeit lazy life) it was fun..

Now I just game w/ my GF and she's a bit picky on what she likes lol, at least she likes to coop L4D =)

[quote name='aznguyen316']Now I just game w/ my GF and she's a bit picky on what she likes lol, at least she likes to coop L4D =)[/QUOTE]

sounds like a keeper :)

anyways I'm not gonna bite on this deal, too much other stuff straining my finances at the moment and just not that big into COD

bread's done
Back