Steam weekend deal: CoD Modern Warfare 2 (17% off) $49.99

aznguyen316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
the [other] weekend deal for CoD Modern Warfare 2 17% off (better than last time right?) Also free play weekend and double XP.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10180/

$49.99 the price it should've been at launch.. anyway..

enjoy. also check out Civ IV weekend deal.. now THAT's a deal.

thanks to member Alex2290 - those of you interested in buying MW2 (we know you're there, just not speaking up! this game isn't top on steam stats with ghost players) =P
check it brand new on Amazon for $38.xx FSSS or prime, play free this weekend and wait for it to come in. All retail copies have mandatory activation on steam anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they could've at least made it where you get that + the map pack at the game's normal price. This is just incredibly amusing.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so they lower the price to what the regular price for a PC game is and call it a "deal"?

LOL[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but that won't be the case much larger. Even Starcraft 2 is following suit.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']17% off... uh, thanks, Steam. Hopefully they make up for this with some kind of massive sale next week for the Mac release.[/QUOTE]

"Steam" is a program with no free will. Valve is the company running it.

And Valve doesn't set the prices, the publisher does.

[quote name='theclaw']Maybe, but that won't be the case much larger. Even Starcraft 2 is following suit.[/QUOTE]

really? I had not heard SC2 was going to be $59.99 well I hope it doesn't turn into the new MSRP for PC game because next thing you know console games are going to be $69.99

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']really? I had not heard SC2 was going to be $59.99 well I hope it doesn't turn into the new MSRP for PC game because next thing you know console games are going to be $69.99[/QUOTE]

I believe ACII was 59 as well, and so was Splinter Cell?

Its sad :/.

I shouldn't be surprised, but with 14 million people already playing this game, I would think Activision could platinum price the game by now.
Is there no end to their greed and manipulation of the modern gamer?

[quote name='carpwrist']I shouldn't be surprised, but with 14 million people already playing this game, I would think Activision could platinum price the game by now.
Is there no end to their greed and manipulation of the modern gamer?[/QUOTE]

Not if people are willing to continue buying MW2 at this price. Also, gotta love the map pack selling millions at $15 a pop.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']The worst part is that it's apparently selling well enough to not need a steep discount[/QUOTE]

That's because most people are fucking morons...and I don't just mean blind Steam consumers. Never forget that.

I got rid of my ps3 version of this because I couldn't stand it anymore.

But this isn't a deal lol. One can buy the console version for 29.99 at Kmart which actually works right, has a ton of players and if you get the ps3 version it doesn't have hackers.

I would've rather had it on pc though, but P2P on PC just doesn't work. It's all for naught anyway, because the game is a POS imo. But some people can stand to play it.

I can see it now, people will justify 60 dollars for SC2 because they'll explain how they'll be playing it for the next umpteen years. It pisses me off, but I won't be buying the game. Atleast not unless it's cheap.

Aren't they doing some kindof 3 game SC2 trilogy? You can bet your ass they'll charge 60 for each one.

[quote name='Zimmy']Translation = the price we should have charged for the thing in the first place.[/QUOTE]

The extra 10 dollars in console game prices always came from licensing fees. Charging the same for PC and Console games is wrong imo, but whatever.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I can see it now, people will justify 60 dollars for SC2 because they'll explain how they'll be playing it for the next umpteen years. It pisses me off, but I won't be buying the game. Atleast not unless it's cheap.

Aren't they doing some kindof 3 game SC2 trilogy? You can bet your ass they'll charge 60 for each one.[/QUOTE]

Three game trilogy. Total cost: $180. Because why make one game with three campaigns when you can make three games with one and charge $60 for each, right?

Blizzard has slowly been Kotick'ed ever since they merged with Activision. I remember when they said they'd never do paid transfers. Paid experience gain. Paid race changes. Paid ingame items. The new Blizzard-Activision Blizz will. I suppose it was inevitable that they'd split SC2 up. I fully expect five Diablo 3's. One for each Act. "Each Act is so large, so chock full of exciting content, Diablo 3's acts need to be split up into separate games! Its a great day for gamers everywhere!"

My only hope there is that I remember about a month after MW2 came out, it was on sale at BB for $30. Here's to hoping for sales to help make up for the stupid price Blizz has set.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']The extra 10 dollars in console game prices always came from licensing fees. Charging the same for PC and Console games is wrong imo, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

I dunno... I hear it a lot, but I've yet to find reason to believe that's why.

[quote name='theclaw']Maybe, but that won't be the case much larger. Even Starcraft 2 is following suit.[/QUOTE]Activision and Blizzard are the same company now...

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Never played a game in this series, and with that kind of "discount" probably never will, and be better off for it[/QUOTE]

I got a pc copy of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (1, not 2) for $9.99 about a month ago. For all the people calling this series the end all of realistic shooters, I still think Counter Strike is a much better game, but for $9.99, CoD4 was a steal, and I definitely play it aplenty.

[quote name='Sparticane']I got a pc copy of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (1, not 2) for $9.99 about a month ago. For all the people calling this series the end all of realistic shooters, I still think Counter Strike is a much better game, but for $9.99, CoD4 was a steal, and I definitely play it aplenty.[/QUOTE]

I agree

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']really? I had not heard SC2 was going to be $59.99 well I hope it doesn't turn into the new MSRP for PC game because next thing you know console games are going to be $69.99[/QUOTE]

SC2 is also an activision title.

As a side note, most basic (used to be free) CE's are already in the $80 price range (if you go for that kind of thing). The bigger CE's are $100.

I remember when UT2k4 CE came out, and it was actually a great deal.

I got put in to a random MW2 game online and when i went to create my class i had unlocked everything, prestige. This completely ruined the game for me as i was a level 21 and i was slowly working my way up.
Im definitely not buying this game now even if it went down to $30.
I didn't even mean to cheat but the cheat found me, i feel this could have been avoided if we had dedicated servers.

[quote name='oidigo1']I got put in to a random MW2 game online and when i went to create my class i had unlocked everything, prestige. This completely ruined the game for me as i was a level 21 and i was slowly working my way up.
Im definitely not buying this game now even if it went down to $30.
I didn't even mean to cheat but the cheat found me, i feel this could have been avoided if we had dedicated servers.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, that's crazy. Glad it's not as bad on the console, otherwise they'd be in big trouble.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']

My only hope there is that I remember about a month after MW2 came out, it was on sale at BB for $30. Here's to hoping for sales to help make up for the stupid price Blizz has set.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that the error BB had where a lot of us tried to go to local stores elsewhere and pricematch that? I remember several months ago in the winter going to Walmart trying to show the misprint BB had for $30 MW2 on PC...I almost got it but then they caught the error. If I recall, it was $30 on one page, then the games page had it at the actual $60 price. We were all going in with just the $30 price page and hoping it worked. Some got it, too...

bread's done
Back