Steam Weekend Deal - CS: Source - 75% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
spotlight_wd_css_75.jpg

Until Monday, Dec. 14, Counterstrike:Source is only $5.00 (75% off).

Metacritic (88)

None of the packages which include CS:S have been discounted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this will lead to an influx of other n00bs so I can actually join a game and not get crushed in two seconds every time. :D

Picked up the game up 2 years ago or so on clearance at Circuit City but the game was practically impenetrable. Should have known the couple of years between playing regular CS and playing Source was enough for me to fall completely behind.

Really, Valve? Really? God, I hate it when they put their own stuff up as the weekend deal. They've been on sale SO many times, everyone has this stuff, it's a waste of a weekend deal.

Well, the weekend deals can't all be zingers. After weeks and weeks of stellar deals, my wallet is grateful for a break.

[quote name='Vegan']Really, Valve? Really? God, I hate it when they put their own stuff up as the weekend deal. They've been on sale SO many times, everyone has this stuff, it's a waste of a weekend deal.[/QUOTE]
What's so bad about it? I mean, it makes sure the online community stays somewhat populated, and it lets people who missed out on earlier deals take advantage of the otherwise one-time good prices others got to use.

... Maybe I just feel that way because I don't have this, though. >_>; I lucked out in October and got Team Fortress 2 for $2, and this is just another great opportunity for me. :p

whoaa, that's cheap. I bought the CS package which includes team fortress and cs 1.6 for $20 back in the day.

Still a good deal.

I'm really tempted by this, and I don't know why. I never really got into non-Source CS (more of an Action Quake guy). I'm even telling myself it would work in Garry's Mod, ignoring the fact that I've only loaded that up two or three times since I got it...

[quote name='Vegan']Really, Valve? Really? God, I hate it when they put their own stuff up as the weekend deal. They've been on sale SO many times, everyone has this stuff, it's a waste of a weekend deal.[/QUOTE]

I had a pop-up promising a free play weekend for Dreamkiller starting sometime today, so it might get discounted too.

[quote name='Jodou']Or you could just play the superior version called 1.6 for free. . .

I miss 1.3. :([/QUOTE]

Don't bite guys, it's a trap!

Holy crap I haven't played CS since the first one that came out years ago. I was always on the fence about this game but damn it to hell am I not jumping on this game :D

[quote name='muhsheesuh']What's the difference between this and 1.6?[/QUOTE]

Source engine.. so better graphics, physics, and some other thiings like better flashbangs..

Ya my friend has been asking me to get it but its been 20 bucks for to long. 5 bucks is perfect. Damn you steam....you and your fantastic deals.

[quote name='aznguyen316']LOL dammit.. I just bought this for my sis and for Xmas but she already opened it and activated it haha well shit. thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Activating the retail copy should also have given her DoD:S & HL2: DM.
Unless the account already had them. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomed']Where is CS 1.6 free? I have Half-Life from Steam.[/QUOTE]
Just DL it from any HL mod website. Man, Valve must have you guys fooled good if you didn't know CS 1.x is free with HL.

Speak for yourself. I've been on the fence about whether I should buy the game or not.

For $5, I'm biting.

[quote name='Doomed']I can't find out how to play CS 1.6 for free. Help?[/QUOTE]

same here, is it CS:S or the original CS? Can you play online? I don't mind paying $5 but free is always better :D

The original Counterstrike was always free. It runs off the original Half-Life and 1.6 is the latest version (from 2003).

[quote name='SpazX']The original Counterstrike was always free. It runs off the original Half-Life and 1.6 is the latest version (from 2003).[/QUOTE]

it was free if you owned a legit copy of Half-Life... now they make you pay for it if you don't have an original retail Half Life

[quote name='cheapo72']Activating the retail copy should also have given her DoD:S & HL2: DM.
Unless the account already had them. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah she got those too, and I told her it was for Xmas but noo she went ahead and opened it.. (I mailed them to her). But thanks though..I know she only wanted CSS anyway though. All good, maybe she can get some friends in on this.

I agree that this is a bit of a weak Weekend Deal. The Christmas season is about spending, and Steam users have been waiting each day for what new discounts will appear.

The 5-Day 1-Day Sale left us anticipating more great deals. CS: Source is a clear letdown, since there are lists of Steam titles that could have really used the spotlight.

I'll wait, Steam, I'll wait.

I can just dl it through steam since I've had it forever. If you guys are looking to get the original counterstrike and don't have half-life then you're kinda fucked (legally). You're gonna have to pay $10 for it or just pay $5 for CS:Source.

[quote name='Doomed']I have Half-Life. I got it from Steam. Can I get CS 1.6 without buying it? (legally)[/QUOTE]

Is it not already in your list of games to download then? I don't know how mine showed up, I never bought HL on steam I just had a serial number from back in the day.

You don't have CS, day of defeat, deathmatch, or team fortress classic downloadable?

I've never played Counter-Strike. Is it even worth trying to play at this point, or will this just end in humiliating defeat after humiliating defeat, like my attempts to learn Starcraft and other games I don't have a decade of practice with?

I am still happy with TF2... :whistle2:k

[quote name='SpazX']Is it not already in your list of games to download then? I don't know how mine showed up, I never bought HL on steam I just had a serial number from back in the day.

You don't have CS, day of defeat, deathmatch, or team fortress classic downloadable?[/QUOTE]

Important part bolded. There's a correlation between it and the games appearing in your list. A direct one, even.

[quote name='SpazX']Is it not already in your list of games to download then? I don't know how mine showed up, I never bought HL on steam I just had a serial number from back in the day.

You don't have CS, day of defeat, deathmatch, or team fortress classic downloadable?[/QUOTE]
What GW said. Valve can't tell what HL1 based CD key goes to what, so you get them all.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Important part bolded. There's a correlation between it and the games appearing in your list. A direct one, even.[/QUOTE]

So they charge separately for all the old free shit now?

I don't know if you can just dl CS 1.6 now with a steam version of HL. I seem to remember something a long time ago when steam was just coming out and you had to install CS with it somehow semi-indirectly. I dunno if I'm just misremembering though, it might have just been the gun/sound/texture packs that made everything look not like shit.

Can't... resist...

but I bought Half-Life off Steam about two months ago; should I have gotten Counter-Strike with it? Or no? Cuz I didn't. Need to know ASAP before I bite on this

[quote name='sippycupz']Can't... resist...

but I bought Half-Life off Steam about two months ago; should I have gotten Counter-Strike with it? Or no? Cuz I didn't. Need to know ASAP before I bite on this[/QUOTE]

no. This is CS: Source, anyway, not CS 1.6 (the mod of the original Half-Life)

If you buy a retail disc version of Half-Life 2, you get CS: Source with it. If you buy off Steam, you don't get it.

bread's done
Back