STEAM weekend deal: Ghost Recon Complete $20

[quote name='forumreader']Bah Steam you're killing me. I'm in for this one, too.[/quote]

Dammit steam. I just spent $70 on you a month ago.

My first post.. awesome deal, I'll have to seriously consider this, was going to spend $20 on just GRAW 2.

Great deal, but realize these are NOT the same as the console version. I have the first one and I found it far more difficult and more based in strategy.

[quote name='jalu6']Great deal, but realize these are NOT the same as the console version. I have the first one and I found it far more difficult and more based in strategy.[/quote]

You mean a better game :bouncy:

PC games always did it right. :applause:

Just wish I was interested in this one ;)

[quote name='jalu6']Great deal, but realize these are NOT the same as the console version. I have the first one and I found it far more difficult and more based in strategy.[/quote]

Well, all that is is an excuse for me to re-buy on the PC then right? You're not helping my wallet. And on top of that, I think both of these titles support PhysX. Since most of us with newer nVidia cards can see what we missed (not much probably but still).

[quote name='xycury']You mean a better game :bouncy:

PC games always did it right. :applause:

Just wish I was interested in this one ;)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, they're all great games. I just want to make sure everyone knows what they're getting into.

Its funny, I just read the old Gamespot review of the PC version where they complain about the system requirements. They were saying how it didn't run so well on a P4 with 1gig of RAM and a 6800GT. What most people have now should blow it out of the water...

[quote name='jalu6']Absolutely, they're all great games. I just want to make sure everyone knows what they're getting into.

Its funny, I just read the old Gamespot review of the PC version where they complain about the system requirements. They were saying how it didn't run so well on a P4 with 1gig of RAM and a 6800GT. What most people have now should blow it out of the water...[/QUOTE]

I may have to bite on this, based on this kind of statement. I love PC gaming, but it can be fun to stay a little behind. I personally live in a time warp on PC gaming, still playing Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena, with max everything settings. It'd be fun to buy these, throw on max settings and not care about that sort of thing, and just simply ENJOY the game.

With newer games, no matter how good your system is, it's an epic struggle between enjoying it, and having it run well.

For the life of me I can't understand why PSN and XBLA don't run deals like this with their games every week. I'd buy so many more XBLA and PSN games if they ran killer sales like this.

[quote name='charlescheese']For the life of me I can't understand why PSN and XBLA don't run deals like this with their games every week. I'd buy so many more XBLA and PSN games if they ran killer sales like this.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I remember Christmas 08 XBLA had deals of the week. It was pretty awesome, too bad it didn't stick.

Read the forums before you buy this. I know I had to do a lot of fiddling around with the config files before I got the cross-com working in GRAW, and GRAW 2 never quite ran right. Lot of graphics errors. Maybe new nvidia drivers fixed that, though.

[quote name='jalu6']Great deal, but realize these are NOT the same as the console version. I have the first one and I found it far more difficult and more based in strategy.[/quote]Word. I never got too far in GRAW on the PC because of the different mechanics compared to the console versions. I have a friend who likes tactical shooters like SWAT and the pre-Vegas Rainbow Six titles and he liked both GRAW PC titles. This is a great deal if this sort of game's your bag.

Great deal, I'm tempted but I'm going to pass. I love how steam puts a game on sale every week. I'm sure I'll pick up something again soon. The last thing I got was DoW:SS.

Does anyone know if you can play split screen local multiplayer on the PC version like on the X360 version? That would be sweet. I have the X360 version and love playing split screen mode with friends, but the performance and graphics suck in that mode.

Thats a pretty sweet deal! hell yea
2.gif

I can't decide if I should bite or not. Does anyone know if the PC versions of the games are buggy/worse than the console versions?

[quote name='Pajama_Man']For anyone whom is thinking of buying the pack only looking to play just Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2, Amazon is selling the jewel case edition of the game for $8.49. Of course there is shipping for those of you whom don't have amazon prime but it's a good filler.[/quote]

Great point and a good reminder on these bundle "deals" from Steam. How many of us that have held out this long are really going to go back and play anything besides the most recent entry?

[quote name='charlescheese']For the life of me I can't understand why PSN and XBLA don't run deals like this with their games every week. I'd buy so many more XBLA and PSN games if they ran killer sales like this.[/QUOTE]

Steam doesn't have a monopoly on most of their games, they're competing with retailers. Most of the games on XBLA or PSN are only available there, so they can control the price.

So tempting. I got pulled into buying GTA San Andreas last weekend and I regret it. After playing through GTA IV and SR2 this year I just can't get into the game especially on pc. This deal is tempting for sure.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I bought the pack
This puts me at about 80+ games on Steam now...[/quote]

Dear Lord! I only have around 10, but then again, I do love collecting the boxes.

[quote name='mantis44']Dear Lord! I only have around 10, but then again, I do love collecting the boxes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sort of the same way. Of course, I also love finding deals. Steam has a lot of good prices, but my collection wouldn't be anywhere near as big if I relied entirely on Steam.

I do wish I could register more games with Steam though. I'd love to just have everything in one convenient place.

I bit, and I've got a solid list of games on Steam now too. I used to not like the idea of downloading games and not getting the boxes, because I am crazy about making sure any used games I buy on consoles have the original box and manual. But Steam is just so convenient, and I really like supporting Valve, that I could really care less about PC boxes.

Also, I probably will go back and play the original GR, maybe not the Island and Desert game but I don't mind playing older games. I just wrapped up Railroad Tycoon 2 on the PC and Pirates: Live the Life (not really that old) so I doubt I will mind the graphics (maybe, lol).

I bought this and installed GRAW. I tried the multiplayer option but it says that the cd-key I have is invalid. Should I try contacting steam about that? Also, has anyone experienced that?

BTW, the enemy AI is insane! They'll kill me when they're a mile away! :whistle2:(

[quote name='turls']Great point and a good reminder on these bundle "deals" from Steam. How many of us that have held out this long are really going to go back and play anything besides the most recent entry?[/QUOTE]

Not taking anything away from the deal, but I completely agree with this statement. I'm willing to bet that less than 10% of the people that buy this deal will actually spend a good chunk of time in each of the five games.

[quote name='ZForce915']Not taking anything away from the deal, but I completely agree with this statement. I'm willing to bet that less than 10% of the people that buy this deal will actually spend a good chunk of time in each of the five games.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with this statement in some sense it's excellent if you have a lesser laptop to play old/low system requirement games.

[quote name='ZForce915']Not taking anything away from the deal, but I completely agree with this statement. I'm willing to bet that less than 10% of the people that buy this deal will actually spend a good chunk of time in each of the five games.[/quote]GRAW 2 alone costs ~$20 so you should think of the extra games as free bonuses.

[quote name='silent h3ro']GRAW 2 alone costs ~$20 so you should think of the extra games as free bonuses.[/quote]
Someone posted an Amazon link that has GRAW2 for $10.

Can you play coop in these games? Me and my friend are always looking for games you can beat cooperatively. Loved the Rainbow Six Vegas series for this reason.

GRAW2 had a huge coop part for the 360 version IIRC. The PC versions are relatively different in feel, so the mode may or may not be still there.

[quote name='ddrpower']GRAW2 had a huge coop part for the 360 version IIRC. The PC versions are relatively different in feel, so the mode may or may not be still there.[/QUOTE]

They all have coop, but yes, they are all different from the console version.

bread's done
Back